Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan the psychopath

Go down 
+16
astrospace92
ThoughtBox
Jenn
anonacc489
Nirvana92
Squid
sscc
eli27
em81
lasttrain
Hectic
gasolinechild
PaintItBlack
sororityalpha
Freezingmoon
LPorter101
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan the psychopath   Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 12:19 am

AZ20 wrote:
DF978 wrote:
Both were probably not psychopaths. They did lack empathy and have a lot of built in anger. Both had depression which doesn’t make them homicidal, but their hatred towards humanity dis, and as time went BOTH boys became ticking time bombs of hate. Neither followed each other, Eric probably cared about Dylan more than Dylan to Eric, but that doesn’t make them followers. They both did this together, equal part in the shooting- because of their homicidal fantasies and anger. Homicidal Ideation is a mental illness itself, psychopathy doesn’t make someone kill- that’s impossible.

They both were angry and homicidal teens who should’ve gotten help and avoided each other.

Given their ages, I really don't think we can know what their mental health issues actually were. The brain isn't fully developed until a person is in their mid-20s and neither boy is around to discuss their issues anymore. I think they were definitely angry, full of self loathing, paranoid and had been working toward becoming emotionally removed from other people.

With Dylan, we certainly can. He expressed very obvious signs of depression. Not really sure why Eric was classified as a psychopath, but I assume that with school shooters theres always a mental health issue, from most of what I know. If I can seculate why school shooters are evaluated even though they are dead, its because society needs to find the answer to why this stuff does occur and that this might be a pathway to make sense of it. I mean these are extrordinary events after all, that might shake up and destroy entire communities. Thats Just me speculating about why. I think Peter Langmann said the same thing about why hes adressing school shooters the way he does. Something along the lines that these types of mass murders had continued to take place with much more deadly outcome after Columbine. The twisted minds of school shooters, and the anguished man who studies them - The Washington Post

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lavitax likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan the psychopath   Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 1:17 am

Norwegian wrote:
AZ20 wrote:
DF978 wrote:
Both were probably not psychopaths. They did lack empathy and have a lot of built in anger. Both had depression which doesn’t make them homicidal, but their hatred towards humanity dis, and as time went BOTH boys became ticking time bombs of hate. Neither followed each other, Eric probably cared about Dylan more than Dylan to Eric, but that doesn’t make them followers. They both did this together, equal part in the shooting- because of their homicidal fantasies and anger. Homicidal Ideation is a mental illness itself, psychopathy doesn’t make someone kill- that’s impossible.

They both were angry and homicidal teens who should’ve gotten help and avoided each other.

Given their ages, I really don't think we can know what their mental health issues actually were. The brain isn't fully developed until a person is in their mid-20s and neither boy is around to discuss their issues anymore. I think they were definitely angry, full of self loathing, paranoid and had been working toward becoming emotionally removed from other people.

With Dylan, we certainly can. He expressed very obvious signs of depression. Not really sure why Eric was classified as a psychopath, but I assume that with school shooters theres always a mental health issue, from most of what I know. If I can seculate why school shooters are evaluated even though they are dead, its because society needs to find the answer to why this stuff does occur and that this might be a pathway to make sense of it. I mean these are extrordinary events after all, that might shake up and destroy entire communities. Thats Just me speculating about why. I think Peter Langmann said the same thing about why hes adressing school shooters the way he does. Something along the lines that these types of mass murders had continued to take place with much more deadly outcome after Columbine. The twisted minds of school shooters, and the anguished man who studies them - The Washington Post

There's no evidence of his "depression" besides writings in a journal. There's evidence of his sadistic and homicidal thoughts in the flesh along with written desires and feelings surrounding that.

I don't know why you're excusing that and focusing on his so called "depression".

Like I've said, his personality, nature and actions show he'd have a good chance of becoming a serial killer or worse later on in life if Columbine never happened. Those homicidal thoughts, feelings and actions wouldn't just disappear.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan the psychopath   Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 3:05 am

Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
AZ20 wrote:
DF978 wrote:

There's no evidence of his "depression" besides writings in a journal. There's evidence of his sadistic and homicidal thoughts in the flesh along with written desires and feelings surrounding that.

I don't know why you're excusing that and focusing on his so called "depression".

Like I've said, his personality, nature and actions show he'd have a good chance of becoming a serial killer or worse later on in life if Columbine never happened. Those homicidal thoughts, feelings and actions wouldn't just disappear.

The journals are evidence in and out of itselves, because depression works over time. And Dylan expressed sadness over a long period of time. Thats not an excuse; its a fact that one can either ignore or take into account. Of course, depression doesnt cut it, but thats besides the point. The point is that some things are Just facts beyond any reasonable doubt. Dylan, like any other school shooter, very likely wasnt Just depressed. Some experts argue that he was dellusional and paranoid. Some argue that he was in a friendship with Eric that over time became toxic. Some withnesses have argued that he was bullied, allthough other sources dismiss this. He also did have trouble with getting into a relationship with females.

And this is Where some sources argue that Dylan was a product of the perfect storm: Depression, Bullying, and Just a magnitude of different factors. Depression is definately a part of it, atleast from what I know. That doesnt mean school shooters are irrational(they are usually not). But it means that their mental health is a part of the whole perspective.

Lavitax likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan the psychopath   Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 4:22 am

Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
AZ20 wrote:
DF978 wrote:

The journals are evidence in and out of itselves, because depression works over time. And Dylan expressed sadness over a long period of time. Thats not an excuse; its a fact that one can either ignore or take into account. Of course, depression doesnt cut it, but thats besides the point. The point is that some things are Just facts beyond any reasonable doubt. Dylan, like any other school shooter, very likely wasnt Just depressed. Some experts argue that he was dellusional and paranoid. Some argue that he was in a friendship with Eric that over time became toxic. Some withnesses have argued that he was bullied, allthough other sources dismiss this. He also did have trouble with getting into a relationship with females.

And this is Where some sources argue that Dylan was a product of the perfect storm: Depression, Bullying, and Just a magnitude of different factors. Depression is definately a part of it, atleast from what I know. That doesnt mean school shooters are irrational(they are usually not). But it means that their mental health is a part of the whole perspective.

The journals cannot be used as conclusive evidence. It's a mere snapshot of his life. Besides, he also talks about how he wants to kill and needs a partner for a shooting spree. He talks about how he wants to get revenge against the popular people in his school and how unfair it is that he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Depression doesn't drive someone to talk about several of these topics or make someone go out and murder five other people. People push the blame onto Eric but Dylan wanted to hurt others before he and Eric got as close as they did and before the van break-in. He was a homicidal maniac.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan the psychopath   Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 am

Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
AZ20 wrote:
DF978 wrote:

The journals cannot be used as conclusive evidence. It's a mere snapshot of his life. Besides, he also talks about how he wants to kill and needs a partner for a shooting spree. He talks about how he wants to get revenge against the popular people in his school and how unfair it is that he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Depression doesn't drive someone to talk about several of these topics or make someone go out and murder five other people. People push the blame onto Eric but Dylan wanted to hurt others before he and Eric got as close as they did and before the van break-in. He was a homicidal maniac.

Depression alone doesnt make you go out and murder people, but that doesnt mean it cannot be a factor. The journal is evidence, given that Dylan talks about how sad he is all the time. If you experience sadness over a long period of time, you are depressed, fair and square. Thats what Depression is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan the psychopath   Dylan the psychopath - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan the psychopath
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2