Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sue Giving Eric the blame.

Go down 
+3
Belladonna
Jenn
Jakeo33
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakeo33

Contribution Points : 75311
Forum Reputation : 0

Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Empty
PostSubject: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 4:20 am

Hi, I just finished sue klebolds book. It was really good and quite hard to read at times, I couldn't begin to comprehend what it feels like to be her and Tom and Byron, but one thing just really annoys me about it. She writes that Dylan's January 1999 diary entry was the FIRST time he mentioned going NBK and all the time before that he must have been unsure about the killing spree and just was suicidal, but Dylan mentioned NBK way before then and and even says with his own mouth that they have been planning for over 8 months. she must know this but still says it was all Eric until Dylan finally decided he was in on it in January. Does any one else know what I'm talking about. It drives me nuts how FACTS are just ignored in regards to whose idea it was and stuff like that. It's all there in the journals and tapes.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 4:34 am

When you have time you should read this thread I made called 'Dylan's Journal'. It will show you how 'NBK' was an idea that Dylan had way before 1999. His intentions were originally to do it with a girl. He started talking about getting a gun and going on a shooting spree way before Eric. Here is a link to the thread, have a look at it whenever you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Jakeo33

Contribution Points : 75311

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:32 am

Also Dylan wrote in Eric's 98 yearbook specifically about NBK and "revenge in the commons", that was in the middle of 1998, Sue must have read this but still just ignores it in her book by saying the first time he wrote about NBK was in Jan 99
Back to top Go down
Belladonna

Contribution Points : 74489

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:33 am

She definitely does blame him a lot, but to be honest I think she's in a lot of denial and that's one way she can rationalise it. I think she does feel Dylan was equally to blame for Columbine but I think she wants to believe Eric was a bad influence on him. Of course we all know they were a volatile combination and were both equally as into NBK as the other. But she's his mom. :/
I feel quite sorry for her. Maybe I shouldn't but I really feel it's just her way of trying to to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:13 am

It would be safe to say that, at least in part, Sue puts the blame on Eric's shoulders because she needs to rather than because she trully thinks that the facts add up to such.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:50 am

She absolutely blames him .It's plain .It's not just a perception.She outright calls him a psychopath and hammers it home several times in the book.
I was so disappointed and upset by the book.
I never thought that after all these years and all this time to reflect that she would go that route.
I don't blame her for believing whatever she wants privately or dealing privately how she needs to but to put that out there in a book millions will read is just wrong.She is trying to humanize her son by demonizing his best friend and while my sorrow for her is endless, doing that can never be right.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Here's what i think. She's not exactly "blaming" him but rather she's angry about the fact that Dylan ever met him, causing the both of them to get together, feeding off of one another's intentions to commit the massacre. Sure, Dylan wanted to do it with other people initially, didn't work out, but for Eric, he definitely didn't mind actually doing NBK. So bam, the perfect match.

Hectic

Contribution Points : 79105
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 pm

I never got the feeling that she was putting all of the blame on Eric' shoulders tbh. I mean, she could have easily said she always knew something was wrong with him, as Brooks parents did, but in general she speaks well of him regarding the few times she met him. I honestly think some are giving her an unfair rap here.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:26 pm

Hectic wrote:
I never got the feeling that she was putting all of the blame on Eric' shoulders tbh. I mean, she could have easily said she always knew something was wrong with him, as Brooks parents did, but in general she speaks well of him regarding the few times she met him. I honestly think some are giving her an unfair rap here.

She doesn't put all the blame on Eric's shoulders.She admits that Dylan ended up a killer and he helped plan and take place in the massacre of his own free will.There is really no way she could not admit those things.But does she put the lion's share of blame on Eric? Yes.
She hammers home the point that he is a psychopath, she says she believes he's a psychopath herself,
She hammers home the point this wouldn't have happened without Eric.
She says it was Eric's plan and he recruited Dylan after trying to recruit others first.
She totally ignores the fact that Dylan both wrote about going nbk with a girl and going on a shooting spree himself if he could get a gun.
She calls Eric's writings undeniably dark and disturbing while ignoring similar things her son wrote.
And on and on.
The impression she leaves the reader with is that Dylan was a good kid who was severely depressed and suicidal who was prayed upon in his vulnerability by a psychopathic bad seed.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic

Contribution Points : 79105
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:31 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:

She doesn't put all the blame on Eric's shoulders.She admits that Dylan ended up a killer and he helped plan and take place in the massacre of his own free will.There is really no way she could not admit those things.But does she put the lion's share of blame on Eric? Yes.
She hammers home the point that he is a psychopath, she says she believes he's a psychopath herself,
She hammers home the point this wouldn't have happened without Eric.
She says it was Eric's plan and he recruited Dylan after trying to recruit others first.
She totally ignores the fact that Dylan both wrote about going nbk with a girl and going on a shooting spree himself if he could get a gun.
She calls Eric's writings undeniably dark and disturbing while ignoring similar things her son wrote.
And on and on.
The impression she leaves the reader with is that Dylan was a good kid who was severely depressed and suicidal who was prayed upon in his vulnerability by a psychopathic bad seed.

While I don't believe that Eric was a psychopath, I do believe that neither of them would have done this without the other, so in that context I agree that Eric was an influence. They were both an influence to each other IMO. She doesn't mention her son wanted to go on a killing spree before Eric was on the scene, but then she does mention that Dylan asked her to buy him a gun, plus many more manipulative, horrible things he said to her. Such as the prom night conversation. I don't think she leaves the reader with the idea that Dylan was a good kid at all, I felt the complete opposite.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sue Giving Eric the blame.    Sue Giving Eric the blame.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sue Giving Eric the blame.
Page 1 of 1