Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Empty
PostSubject: Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock   Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:59 pm

One of the group was Anthony A. Pyne, a 230-pound football player with a tribal band tattoo on his left arm. (Pyne's mother said her son would not comment, on the advice of his attorney.) After Christmas, Pyne began to tease Aundrea Harwick in English class about her breasts. Harwick went to the teacher, Tom Tonelli, who was also a Columbine football and wrestling coach. He suggested she move to a different seat.

A similar event happened at a Columbine wrestling match at Arvada High School. Pyne, "in front of everyone," said Harwick, broadcast to all within earshot: " 'Her breasts are getting bigger.' They're laughing -- the jocks were." She told Coach Place; he told her to sit on the other side of the gym.

She then went to a woman at a concession stand, who called the Arvada police. The officer issued Pyne a ticket. Because he was a juvenile, court records are not available, but Harwick said he pleaded guilty and paid a $50 fine.

The next day at school, administrator Rich Long, trying to persuade the girl to drop the charges, told Harwick and her mother that "by her going and getting the police, she's ruining his possibilities of playing on the football team," Elissa Harwick recalled. Pyne played football anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock   Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 1:04 am

I think what bothers me about this is not even what the guy did which was not right but I've heard far worse but that the girl was obviously upset and all that seemed to matter to Rich Long was that if she didn't drop this, the guy might not be able to play football.
Seemingly no concern for how she felt at all.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84196
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock   Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Why is none of this surprising to me at all? Mad

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73648
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock   Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 4:48 pm

I've also read that Anthony L. Pyne was friends with Rocky Hoffschneider.

William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
ChoSeungHui

Contribution Points : 85911
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock   Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Somewhat off topic, but I'm a Colorado resident and even though I'm a half-dozen hour drive from columbine, but there is a extreme amount of jock types around here. Kids these days are more liberal but their behaviour is the same. Brutish, foul, evil, rotten to the core, etc. I dont condone what E&D did but god fucking damn, the schools around here really are that bad. Unless, you're a jock or prep type in which its survivable.

shades

Contribution Points : 80011
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock   Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:39 pm

insufferable.

Columbine staff Rich Long and Tom Tonelli ignored sexual harassment by jock
Page 1 of 1