Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?

Go down 
+10
Lizpuff
Lodka
ThoughtBox
eli27
Freezingmoon
cyn1231
Kiwik
bubbles
PaintItBlack
shades
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80236
Forum Reputation : 38

Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Empty
PostSubject: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm gonna try my best to be eloquent as this is a solo thread to put thoughts to words on as much as I have had and continue having recurring instances thinking about this question, and perhaps you guys have already answered this way back when. Eliminating homicide that they have committed, how much can you actually relate to the boys? Both or individually? Such as when you read journal entries they have made, or the things they have said, and you think to yourself well damn, he actually has a point. Or you understand their anger over certain views and beliefs, the frustration they may have garnered, and while you obviously do not condone killing others over it let alone one's self, you understand where they are coming from. At some point, pressure, anger and things you stand up for starts building up in you that you may have that flash of thought like "you know, now I know why Eric and Dylan did this. As unpopular as it is to say, I get why they picked up that gun."

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:43 pm

i can a lot ... Dylan talking about how the past shapes our future... when I was about 7 I would still my dad's mortal kombat CD and listen to 1 songs over and over again ...

Juke Joint Jezebel (Metropolis mix)
KMFDM

crazy they became my favorite band even before columbine...

or when i was about 8 my dad got me in to doom II and building my own levels.

The big one I agree with is the whole we are robots thing ... he has a point we go to school for 8 hours a day... just like getting us ready to work 9-5 all day... odd 8 hour classes 8 hour work day .... 9-5

ERIC HARRIS JOURNAL
Ever wonder why we go to school? Besides getting a so-called education. It’s not too obvious
to most of you stupid fucks but for those who think a little more and deeper you should
realize it. Its society’s way of turning all the young people into good little robots and factory workers. That’s why we sit in desks in rows and go by bell schedules, to get prepared for the
real world cause “that’s what its like.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:01 pm

ERIC HARRIS JOURNAL
You just whine/bitch throughout life but never do a goddamn thing to change
anything.

he has a point here to they cried so hard how could a thing like this happen in our town ... then look at how many more times it happened really come on...we do have the power to change it but yet we STILL DO NOTHING ....

ERIC HARRIS JOURNAL
Just because your mumsy and dadsy told you blood and violence is
bad, you think it’s a fucking law of nature? Wrong.

ones again he has a point we learn what we are taught... Monkey see Monkey do...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 pm

sorry to be posting so much but what do you make of this: ERIC HARRIS JOURNAL

As part of the human race, and having the great pleasure of being blessed with a brain,
I can think. Humans can do whatever they want. There is no laws of nature that prevent
humans from making choices. Maybe from actually DOING some of those choices, but not
from making the choice. If a man chooses to speed while driving home one day then it is
his fault for whatever happens. If he crashes into a school bus full of kiddies and they all
burn to death, it’s his fault. It’s only a tragedy if you think it is, and then it’s only a tragedy in your own mind so you shouldn’t expect others to think that way also. It could also be a
miracle for another person maybe that bus stopped the car from plowing into a little old
lady walking on the sidewalk, one could think it was a “miracle” that she wasn’t hit. You see,
anything and everything that happens in our world is just that, a HAPPENING.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:19 pm

I relate to both very much on many fundamental levels.
That is why I have been a Columbiner for half of my life now.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75517
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:38 pm

cass2008 wrote:
ERIC HARRIS JOURNAL
You just whine/bitch throughout life but never do a goddamn thing to change
anything.

he has a point here to they cried so hard how could a thing like this happen in our town ... then look at how many more times it happened really come on...we do have the power to change it but yet we STILL DO NOTHING ....

ERIC HARRIS JOURNAL
Just because your mumsy and dadsy told you blood and violence is
bad, you think it’s a fucking law of nature? Wrong.

ones again he has a point we learn what we are taught... Monkey see Monkey do...

Lol @ people who bitch about civilization whilst sitting in their comfy homes using a computer. I don't know about Eric, but I'm pretty grateful to be a human in this day and age with the comforts that many of my ancestors did not have. You've got to love people who bitch about the law and people teaching and enforcing decent behaviour. I wonder how Eric would've felt if someone had raped his mom and turned around and said it's because they had no regard for the law and what's right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I understand. I mean, our generation + let's say twenty something's....we have all this freedom to look at things from all sorts of perspectives and think that we wanna advocate anarchism, free speech, etc, what's wrong is wrong because we have been groomed that it is but who's to STOP us from doing what technically is our right to do. When eric wrote that passage down, I did nod to myself and think well yeah, true, and then as you said, what about having regards for the law, taking a step back and realising why there's the law in the first place, why it's important for us to be raised right and have structure.

It's almost lollable and, it's so easy to pass around the same belief but are you really ONE who wants to go against the world? be a rebel? but also, these were words of a 17 year old boy with tons of angst who...well, happened to shoot up a school. But i wanna ask, just frankly bubbles, you hate these two right? Is there anything you agree with regarding Eric or Dylan?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] such as? which aspect?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:45 pm

cass2008 wrote:

As part of the human race, and having the great pleasure of being blessed with a brain,
I can think. Humans can do whatever they want. There is no laws of nature that prevent
humans from making choices. Maybe from actually DOING some of those choices, but not
from making the choice. If a man chooses to speed while driving home one day then it is
his fault for whatever happens. If he crashes into a school bus full of kiddies and they all
burn to death, it’s his fault. It’s only a tragedy if you think it is, and then it’s only a tragedy in your own mind so you shouldn’t expect others to think that way also. It could also be a
miracle for another person maybe that bus stopped the car from plowing into a little old
lady walking on the sidewalk, one could think it was a “miracle” that she wasn’t hit. You see,

This was one of his passages that set me to him, to wanting to learn more about him which then spread to Dylan and Columbine himself. I thought it was interesting, it set me thinking, but I also can't say it's a correct opinion, it's definitely a free one though, very self-aware, to those who want to live through it. but as I said to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that would cause no structure and everyone would go H.A.M all over the world and be a rebel copycat. Such as the shooter finnish shooter Pekka Eric Auvinen who basically worshipped Eric.

Also remember he was a teen when he wrote this so think about how we thought we knew it all back then and now that we've grown up.

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:50 pm

The way I look at it you have to know what Eric and Dylan moral were to begin with especially Eric... I would never put any blame on there parents ... we as individuals pick what are morals are... regardless of whether our parents have a hand in them or not... That is what makes us human
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:55 pm

In the past I could relate to their rage,their anger, their disillusionment,their hopelessness,their alienation, their urge to strike out at others around them.

Today I still relate to their alienation, their depression, their utter disgust and disillusionment with how the world operates,how people often insist on being,their feeling of their true home not being in this world.
Just many things.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74676
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 11:21 pm

^ I'm with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. In the past I could related to both of them very well. On a superficial level, we were in the same age group, I listened to a lot of the same music they did (I even had "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" in reference to the Pop Will Eat Itself song written on the inside cover of one of my composition books in like 9th/10th grade. Had no idea and was surprised that they listened to them; they weren't a very well known band). I've had anger issues my whole life. Was also was a wall-puncher. Admired crushes from a distance and made people out to be much more than they were, like created a whole fantasy around whoever I was crushing on much like Dylan - which is horribly unhealthy!!!

On a more in depth level, I related to their loneliness, frustration, and anger at injustices and society as a whole. Not wanting to fall in place with the whole graduate-college-career boring cycle that's expected when you become an adult. The overall unfairness on the world. Being self aware and feeling that others around you are oblivious. Their love of animals and hatred of their own species... Although I was very forgiving when I was younger. I could get over my hatred and shift to something more positive, where they seemed to dwell and hold onto theirs.

As an adult I really only relate to Eric. His hatred and frustration towards the human race in general. Giving the planet back to the animals, etc. There are things I have said between my teen and adult years that could have been taken out of his journal, and I never even read his journal in full until recently.

A little off the subject but Dylan makes me feel more nostalgic of the two. He had such a "90's" look. His hair, his jewelry, the bands he listened to and the stickers all over his car (which you really don't see too much of anymore). The video the guy made of Dylan's car and using the song "No Excuses" in the background just adds to it... My music tastes were more similar to Dylan's than Eric's. Every NIN fan I knew had the shirt he's wearing at the end of the "Eric in Columbine" video. I knew a lot of people who looked like both boys, but Dylan's look was pretty popular at the time, at least in the places that I lived. I mean Eric wore band t-shirts, plaid overshirts, combat boots and backwards hats, but even with that style he still has more of a timeless look and could pass as someone from today where as Dylan would look like a 'blast from the past' to me!
Back to top Go down
cyn1231

cyn1231

Contribution Points : 74432
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Honestly I relate to them both to a point..mostly to Eric though. Growing up I moved a lot I was always the new kid. I was awkward, nerdy and a late bloomer. Everywhere I went it was so hard to fit in and frustrating to always have to start over. I was picked on a lot for the way I looked and dressed. it took me a long time to get "pretty" so I didn't have my first boyfriend/kiss till I was 17.

I went to a very athletics-driven school during my sophomore, Junior and senior year. Basically jocks ruled the school and they literally treated me (and others like me) like shit and teachers would turn the other way. I do not condone anything they did but my school was similar to columbine and that kind of life can feel like a frustrating never ending hell.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77995

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:13 am

I can relate to some of their misanthropy, but then I have to take a step back and remind myself that not everyone is awful and innocent people certainly don't deserve to die.

I can relate to their depressive states and wanting to check out of life, but I can't relate to their desire to take others with them.

Eric talks about his hatred toward humanity and how we should "give the planet back to the animals" but ironically people who think like Eric are the reason humanity is so awful. He talks about natural selection and survival of the fittest, but the only thing he really accomplished in the end was removing his genes (and those of a few others) from the gene-pool. I think that what Eric truly hated was himself.

I don't really identify with him, but I feel sorry for him and I pity the fact that a 17 year old kid could hate himself that much and feel that dissatisfied with life itself. Same with Dylan.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:26 am

liquorvamp wrote:
cass2008 wrote:

This was one of his passages that set me to him, to wanting to learn more about him which then spread to Dylan and Columbine himself. I thought it was interesting, it set me thinking, but I also can't say it's a correct opinion, it's definitely a free one though, very self-aware, to those who want to live through it. but as I said to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that would cause no structure and everyone would go H.A.M all over the world and be a rebel copycat. Such as the shooter finnish shooter Pekka Eric Auvinen who basically worshipped Eric.

Also remember he was a teen when he wrote this so think about how we thought we knew it all back then and now that we've grown up.

The thing that pisses me off about what Eric and other apathetic special snowflakes say along the lines of what you've quoted, is that if someone committed a crime/an unkind act and victimized them in the ways suggested, instead of brushing it off, accepting it and not viewing what happened to them as a "bad" thing, they would be crying bloody murder.

Eric lost his damn mind when Brooks Brown stopped giving him rides to school, for goodness sake. Imagine how wronged and angry Eric would've felt if someone who shared his train of thought had done something that seriously impacted him in a negative way? This is one of the many reasons why I can't take what this guy says seriously, because he is a massive hypocrite (by his own admission, too) and I'm sorry, but I don't find his contradictory and sometimes illogical thoughts "enlightening" or anything of great substance.

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I understand. I mean, our generation + let's say twenty something's....we have all this freedom to look at things from all sorts of perspectives and think that we wanna advocate anarchism, free speech, etc, what's wrong is wrong because we have been groomed that it is but who's to STOP us from doing what technically is our right to do. When eric wrote that passage down, I did nod to myself and think well yeah, true, and then as you said, what about having regards for the law, taking a step back and realising why there's the law in the first place, why it's important for us to be raised right and have structure.

It's almost lollable and, it's so easy to pass around the same belief but are you really ONE who wants to go against the world? be a rebel? but also, these were words of a 17 year old boy with tons of angst who...well, happened to shoot up a school. But i wanna ask, just frankly bubbles, you hate these two right? Is there anything you agree with regarding Eric or Dylan?

Well, yes, I hate them for what they did. In terms of common ground, errm..I think they had good taste in music? In all honesty, despite being an outsider myself who was bullied in my earlier years, had low self-esteem and was clinically depressed well into my early twenties, I've never really felt any sort of affinity with Eric or Dylan. I think it's fairly common for some teens to go through an almost misanthropic phase where you question/critique society and the world as we know it, I know that I certainly did, and to this day, I still recognize that humanity is flawed. That being said, although I could've related to thoughts of self-harm that Dylan or even Eric may have had, I definitely never felt the need to hurt innocent people because I felt victimized by society.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:27 am

Freezingmoon wrote:
I can relate to some of their misanthropy, but then I have to take a step back and remind myself that not everyone is awful and innocent people certainly don't deserve to die.

I can relate to their depressive states and wanting to check out of life, but I can't relate to their desire to take others with them.

Eric talks about his hatred toward humanity and how we should "give the planet back to the animals" but ironically people who think like Eric are the reason humanity is so awful. He talks about natural selection and survival of the fittest, but the only thing he really accomplished in the end was removing his genes (and those of a few others) from the gene-pool. I think that what Eric truly hated was himself.

I don't really identify with him, but I feel sorry for him and I pity the fact that a 17 year old kid could hate himself that much and feel that dissatisfied with life itself. Same with Dylan.

Well said!
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:46 am

Freezingmoon wrote:

No offense freezingmoon, but I wouldn't say that it's people like Eric who make the world so awful.
I mean, people who think like him are a minority.The world is full of and run by good people or at least people who consider themselves and are considered to be good in general and look at what a mess it is and has pretty much always been.Untold misery and suffering.
It's human nature that makes the world what it is and causes what it does.And human nature is something all of us possess.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:07 am

bubbles wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:
cass2008 wrote:

The thing that pisses me off about what Eric and other apathetic special snowflakes say along the lines of what you've quoted, is that if someone committed a crime/an unkind act and victimized them in the ways suggested, instead of brushing it off, accepting it and not viewing what happened to them as a "bad" thing, they would be crying bloody murder.

Eric lost his damn mind when Brooks Brown stopped giving him rides to school, for goodness sake. Imagine how wronged and angry Eric would've felt if someone who shared his train of thought had done something that seriously impacted him in a negative way? This is one of the many reasons why I can't take what this guy says seriously, because he is a massive hypocrite (by his own admission, too) and I'm sorry, but I don't find his contradictory and sometimes illogical thoughts "enlightening" or anything of great substance.

liquorvamp wrote:

Well, yes, I hate them for what they did. In terms of common ground, errm..I think they had good taste in music? In all honesty, despite being an outsider myself who was bullied in my earlier years, had low self-esteem and was clinically depressed well into my early twenties, I've never really felt any sort of affinity with Eric or Dylan. I think it's fairly common for some teens to go through an almost misanthropic phase where you question/critique society and the world as we know it, I know that I certainly did, and to this day, I still recognize that humanity is flawed. That being said, although I could've related to thoughts of self-harm that Dylan or even Eric may have had, I definitely never felt the need to hurt innocent people because I felt victimized by society.

I have a question and I'm not being sarcastic .I am really curious to know.What makes you hate Eric and Dylan more than any other killer or killers you know of? Or do you not hate them more, its just that you are here talking about them?
What makes them worse than other killers in your eyes?

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:37 am

I don't hate them more than other killers. I just rarely see other killers celebrated in such a way that many celebrate Eric and Dylan, especially by people who appear to know very little about Columbine (many being immature teenagers). I think it's highly irritating and even dangerous that there are so many misguided people acting like Eric and Dylan were some type of heroes when it seems like many of their fans haven't even taken the time to consider all the different factors surrounding what happened at Columbine.

I think it's a problem that Eric and Dylan have attracted such a large following of people who really believe they were justified in doing what they did. I think it's pathetic but also concerning that other troubled people look to them for inspiration when they plan commit their own crimes against innocent people, people that could possibly be you or me (i.e. the foiled Halifax mass shooting plot was planned by some disturbed tumblr edgies who were clearly fixated on Eric and Dylan, copying their style, posing with weapons in KMFDM shirts trying to look badass etc.). I think it's sad people use Eric and Dylan as poster boys for being "different".

Also, I'm not meaning any disrespect to you as I'm not referring to you, but so many of the "I condone", "VoDkA is bae", "Eric is daddy", "so glad they got their revenge" fans they attract are the most fucking annoying teenyboppers you could ever imagine and trying to engage in a proper discussion with some of them is like trying to communicate with a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],thank you for your reply and explaining your perspective.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:44 am

I dont hate them at all im trying to understand them .... Not to sympathize... Just understand....
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 am

Freezingmoon wrote:

Very well put! Thank you for branching out that point to a much clearer perspective.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 8:39 am

bubbles wrote:
I think it's highly irritating and even dangerous that there are so many misguided people acting like Eric and Dylan were some type of heroes when it seems like many of their fans haven't even taken the time to consider all the different factors surrounding what happened at Columbine.

I think it's a problem that Eric and Dylan have attracted such a large following of people who really believe they were justified in doing what they did. I think it's pathetic but also concerning that other troubled people look to them for inspiration when they plan commit their own crimes against innocent people, people that could possibly be you or me (i.e. the foiled Halifax mass shooting plot was planned by some disturbed tumblr edgies who were clearly fixated on Eric and Dylan, copying their style, posing with weapons in KMFDM shirts trying to look badass etc.). I think it's sad people use Eric and Dylan as poster boys for being "different".

Also, I'm not meaning any disrespect to you as I'm not referring to you, but so many of the "I condone", "VoDkA is bae", "Eric is daddy", "so glad they got their revenge" fans they attract are the most fucking annoying teenyboppers you could ever imagine and trying to engage in a proper discussion with some of them is like trying to communicate with a brick wall.

Wow, you know, I notice you're projecting alot here, very hostile. Has someone hit a nerve in a certain for you in regards to this crime? But also, I totally understand you. I do. You make a good point.

Of course there are many misguided people who use Eric and Dylan as the catalyst to any harm or rebelling-belief they succumb, of course. There will be, they emulate them, share their views and quote them. I'm going to think that these people are young and have a plain narrow view, almost an excuse to as you said, be different or be violent. Outside of Columbine, these individuals have probably always been fucked up and have been waiting for the push to give them the OK to be like Eric and Dylan. Hell infact, all the entries Eric have written is probably the excuse for HIM to be homicidal and accepted how he hated himself, whilst Eric was DYLAN's excuse to kill himself.
Not everybody is like this. Thank god there's people who can see both sides. Is it okay that at some point I get where the boys are coming from but I also know enough not to agree with them, and still feel bad AT THAT POINT OF TIME, for how they felt inadequate with themselves and hated their lives? It's a shitty move to be killing people of course, and not everybody is gonna feel sorry and mopey for their problems, but as someone who had a hell of time with insecurities and being an outcast, the weirdo, I guess on a relatable note I won't deny understanding them.
Lastly, there are columbine groupies. I bet you they don't know one bit of any of the details or reports.

Last edited by liquorvamp on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 8:41 am

Kiwik wrote:
On a more in depth level, I related to their loneliness, frustration, and anger at injustices and society as a whole. Not wanting to fall in place with the whole graduate-college-career boring cycle that's expected when you become an adult. The overall unfairness on the world. Being self aware and feeling that others around you are oblivious. Their love of animals and hatred of their own species... Although I was very forgiving when I was younger. I could get over my hatred and shift to something more positive, where they seemed to dwell and hold onto theirs.

As an adult I really only relate to Eric. His hatred and frustration towards the human race in general. Giving the planet back to the animals, etc. There are things I have said between my teen and adult years that could have been taken out of his journal, and I never even read his journal in full until recently.

A little off the subject but Dylan makes me feel more nostalgic of the two. He had such a "90's" look. His hair, his jewelry, the bands he listened to and the stickers all over his car (which you really don't see too much of anymore). The video the guy made of Dylan's car and using the song "No Excuses" in the background just adds to it... My music tastes were more similar to Dylan's than Eric's. Every NIN fan I knew had the shirt he's wearing at the end of the "Eric in Columbine" video. I knew a lot of people who looked like both boys, but Dylan's look was pretty popular at the time, at least in the places that I lived. I mean Eric wore band t-shirts, plaid overshirts, combat boots and backwards hats, but even with that style he still has more of a timeless look and could pass as someone from today where as Dylan would look like a 'blast from the past' to me!

Thank you for your paragraph [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's beautiful. I agree the nostalgia is a bittersweet punch to the heart. I have been to that grey place of loneliness and self hatred Dylan has felt, the anger Eric has garnered inside, I mean the frustration of being overlooked in society to those who are popular but with nothing to offer. Yes, I am humanizing the boys, almost empathetic, I won't deny it.

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77995

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 9:11 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Freezingmoon wrote:

No offense freezingmoon, but I wouldn't say that it's people like Eric who make the world so awful.
I mean, people who think like him are a minority.The world is full of and run by good people or at least people who consider themselves and are considered to be good in general and look at what a mess it is and has pretty much always been.Untold misery and suffering.
It's human nature that makes the world what it is and causes what it does.And human nature is something all of us possess.

Now I feel bad for saying that it's people like Eric who make the world so awful, lol.  What I mean is that I can understand why anyone would feel misanthropic and I can understand why someone would feel so disgruntled with humanity, but you have two choices.....doing something to make it better OR doing something to make it worse. Unfortunately, Eric chose violence......he could have gone in the other direction, but he chose not to. He could have swallowed his pride and graduated and did something with his life and tried to make a difference......but he didn't want that. His thinking became so violent and vengeful that he went and harmed innocent people who had never even done anything to him.  My philosophy is that if you are upset and unhappy with the way the world is, then set a better example.....do something good.....make a positive change.....and people will follow. I realize that in the end, we are all technically animals.....but as humans we are higher functioning and have the ability to empathize with others.......which is why I don't think violence and destruction are the best solutions.

I still think that in the end Eric's anger was more about hating himself than humanity.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 84082
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:43 am

Pretty much anyone who wasn't popular, or got picked on, at school could relate to Eric or Dylan in some way.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Sure, that's basic, What I mean is on levels that makes you feel you shouldn't wanna back them up on, but you do, regardless of the result they end up as murderers.

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:57 pm

I think deep down inside we all wish we could unleash our rage agents the people we feel have wronged us in one way or another, but like Eric said we don't pay attention to our human nature or instincts... We as people think that what goes around comes around (karma)
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84421
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:21 pm

eli27 wrote:
Pretty much anyone who wasn't popular, or got picked on, at school could relate to Eric or Dylan in some way.

I have to agree with this assessment, Columbine has gotten spun by some to be some perverted "Revenge of the Nerds" type of masturbatory fantasy, which it is most definitely not.

That being said, as hard as it is for me to admit, I do tend to identify more with Eric than with Dylan, which I never thought I would say. But upon further examination of the journals, and associated evidence, I think his anger with people and culture and civilization in general tend to gravitate more towards my own way of thinking about things.

Great thread and great question, btw, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Lodka

Contribution Points : 72682

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:55 pm

I do relate to them, I wouldn't say a lot, but surely in some points I understand them. I relate to Dylan because like him I feel lonely sometimes, different and outcast most of the time.

I see a group of people of my age and I can just think how weird I am in comparison to them. They seem to have a good life, with friends, girls and fun, while I'm here living an almost miserable life by myself, which it's kind of my fault, because I'm shy and not really social, but for the other side the fact that I am like I am, I mean, weird, shy, not good looking and some other things, makes me have a kind of hatred towards life.

Also I relate to him when he says in his journal something like he can admire the girls he likes, but he knows he can never had them. I lost count on the numbers of girls that I've admired my entire life and how I always knew I wouldn't be able to have them. And also there's another thing that he says like he sees jocks having fun, girls and mainly lifes. That's also happens to me when a see a bunch of guys together with some girls and I can only imagine how good their life must, while mine it's completely void.

It doesn't seem fair to me that some guys are born with the world on their feet, they look good, they have money and all the girls want them and they didn't do anything to deserve it, basically is pure luck. I know what I'm saying is silly and I'm looking like Elliot Rodger now, but that's how I feel about it.

But returning to Dylan, I understand why he felt so bad and why he didn't have much reason to live and mainly I relate to him because of his will to have a love in his life, and how he thinks that a girl can change everything. I think the same thing,
I live a miserable life now, but I imagine if I had a girlfriend, a person who I would love and who would love me back and a person who would be there for me for the good moments and for the bad moments I think my life would be much better or at least I'd have something to live for. But of course it's quite clear to me that relationships are not perfect and this kind of thought that I have about having a girlfriend and everything can be just an ilusion for me, but I rather embrace this ilusion, because I have nothing else, no other big motivation and nothing really special to look forward.

About Eric, I relate to him too, not as much as to Dylan but still I do. Eric seem to be most of the time an angry person, whether when he was in public or writing his journals and I'm similar to him in that regard, but in my case I don't really hate people or anything, I'm just nervous most of the time, with no good reason, I just am, and people can see that because most of the time I have a closed expression, of someone angry, and even though I'm not really angry with anything still I have the same expression which scares people and this is one of the big reasons I spend time by myself in public places, like in school and at work. A part of me likes that, because I like to be alone, to do things without been worried what others are thinking, but the other part feels bad to see other people socializing, have fun and talking to girls while I'm by myself like a weirdo.

So basically that's how I related to both of them. I don't agree with what they did, but I can understand it.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:01 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
eli27 wrote:

I have to agree with this assessment, Columbine has gotten spun by some to be some perverted "Revenge of the Nerds" type of masturbatory fantasy, which it is most definitely not.

That being said, as hard as it is for me to admit, I do tend to identify more with Eric than with Dylan, which I never thought I would say. But upon further examination of the journals, and associated evidence, I think his anger with people and culture and civilization in general tend to gravitate more towards my own way of thinking about things.

Great thread and great question, btw, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I think there was more to it in the end but didn't it start out as revenge of the nerds at first and for a while?I don't think E &D were looking to make a grand ideological statement when they started out.
I think their reasons at first were very personal and rooted in their experiences in the school/town.

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 5:52 am

liquorvamp wrote:
Wow, you know, I notice you're projecting alot here, very hostile. Has someone hit a nerve in a certain for you in regards to this crime?

It's not a particularly personal thing for me, although I do often find myself looking at Columbine through the perspective of any of Eric and Dylan's victims who died senseless deaths and the families and other people their actions touched. I remember that, had the time and circumstances allowed it, any one of us could have been cowering under a library desk at their mercy. And for all those reading this who think to themselves "well, Eric and Dylan would have spared me because I would've been their friend in high school", keep in mind there's no available evidence to suggest that they even really knew anyone that they shot dead all that well. What if you had been a freshman at Columbine who never even had the opportunity to get to know them and they ended your life prematurely? You obviously wouldn't be alive in this day and age to sit at your keyboard defending them or supporting them, that's for sure.

So yeah, maybe on second thought it is slightly personal, because I feel like those two entitled, disillusioned fuckers could have killed me or anyone I loved, or any one of us had circumstances permitted it (and don't delude yourself thinking you would have been special enough to have been exempted - they initially planned to blow up the cafeteria and obviously weren't too concerned if their friends were going to die). Of course I recognize that Dylan and Eric were obviously (for the most part) very troubled and unsatisfied individuals who harbored an undercurrent of dysfunction internally, but as someone who has experienced bullying and suffered from depression myself, I really don't buy any of the excuses for what they did. As I've said before, I'm sure people have lead far worse lives than Eric or Dylan, yet those people out there didn't grasp for excuses to kill, injure and permanently paralyse others.

Anyway, I thought my previous post was pretty self-explanatory. Re:thoughts on people who condone what Eric and Dylan did, I'm sorry, but I was simply calling a spade a spade. As you mentioned, many of those people have their own issues, but I also think a lot of these people are yet to mature. On that note, I actually really appreciate the fact that this forum is moderated responsibly and the majority of the posters active on this forum can engage in civil discussion, despite differing views.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:25 am

ThoughtBox wrote:

thank you...it's alright I guess. So you mean to say, your perspective of things is similar to Eric's? to those topics pointed out of course. Not, as a whole. Do you think he knows what he's talking about? Like, he was educated enough, or was he just an angry teen?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:31 am

Lodka wrote:
I see a group of people of my age and I can just think how weird I am in comparison to them. They seem to have a good life, with friends, girls and fun, while I'm here living an almost miserable life by myself, which it's kind of my fault, because I'm shy and not really social, but for the other side the fact that I am like I am, I mean, weird, shy, not good looking and some other things, makes me have a kind of hatred towards life.

Also I relate to him when he says in his journal something like he can admire the girls he likes, but he knows he can never had them. I lost count on the numbers of girls that I've admired my entire life and how I always knew I wouldn't be able to have them. And also there's another thing that he says like he sees jocks having fun, girls and mainly lifes. That's also happens to me when a see a bunch of guys together with some girls and I can only imagine how good their life must, while mine it's completely void.

It doesn't seem fair to me that some guys are born with the world on their feet, they look good, they have money and all the girls want them and they didn't do anything to deserve it, basically is pure luck. I know what I'm saying is silly and I'm looking like Elliot Rodger now, but that's how I feel about it.

But returning to Dylan, I understand why he felt so bad and why he didn't have much reason to live and mainly I relate to him because of his will to have a love in his life, and how he thinks that a girl can change everything. I think the same thing,
I live a miserable life now, but I imagine if I had a girlfriend, a person who I would love and who would love me back and a person who would be there for me for the good moments and for the bad moments I think my life would be much better or at least I'd have something to live for. But of course it's quite clear to me that relationships are not perfect and this kind of thought that I have about having a girlfriend and everything can be just an ilusion for me, but I rather embrace this ilusion, because I have nothing else, no other big motivation and nothing really special to look forward.

About Eric, I relate to him too, not as much as to Dylan but still I do. Eric seem to be most of the time an angry person, whether when he was in public or writing his journals and I'm similar to him in that regard, but in my case I don't really hate people or anything, I'm just nervous most of the time, with no good reason, I just am, and people can see that because most of the time I have a closed expression, of someone angry, and even though I'm not really angry with anything still I have the same expression which scares people and this is one of the big reasons I spend time by myself in public places, like in school and at work. A part of me likes that, because I like to be alone, to do things without been worried what others are thinking, but the other part feels bad to see other people socializing, have fun and talking to girls while I'm by myself like a weirdo.

So basically that's how I related to both of them. I don't agree with what they did, but I can understand it.

Thank you Lodka. Very in-depth and personal. I have to say, I relate to this in the same aspect aswell. I still feel the same way, as a matter of fact, And I think I'm just coping with being ignorant because If I tried to do something about, I might just disappoint and self-deprecate my ownself much more.
See, society and most people are used to being groomed that those who are much hotter, with more money, great bodies and having tons of friends are the popular ones and they should worshipped, and that's what the boys have pointed out before so I relate so hard. It makes those behind the shadows overlooked and unimportant, as if I have nothing to offer, or i'm not interesting enough. I have mentioned before at another thread the boys wouldn't be caught that carrying on in a world like this so unfortunately due to this reason and a bunch of other factors they resorted to the mass killing they did.
Because at some point it sucks. It ain't fair.
"I'm just nervous most of the time, with no good reason, I just am, and people can see that because most of the time I have a closed expression, of someone angry, and even though I'm not really angry with anything still I have the same expression which scares people and this is one of the big reasons I spend time by myself in public places, like in school and at work. A part of me likes that, because I like to be alone, to do things without been worried what others are thinking, but the other part feels bad to see other people socializing, have fun and talking to girls while I'm by myself like a weirdo."

Hahah, sounds like me buddy. But any fast forward to this day and now, I'm sure you've been pretty comfortable with yourself and getting by well yes? Smile

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] okay, I understand. That goes without saying really. Because of course i get where you're coming from. It was selfish and conniving what they did, taking other innocent people with them. However unfortunately that was exactly what they wanted, they wouldn't take their own lives just like that.

I know to talk about a relatable sense with a killer would sound like I'm defending them, because to understand why someone kills, it's as if I would do the same or I'm okay with taking down casualties. I'm not expecting you to accept this train of thought, but I can only say I have had many days or moments where I would badly wanna hurt someone for shit I didn't deserve. there is NO excuse but when one is chemically imbalanced and extremely depressed you can only leave it be to them to cause damage.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96674
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:54 am

This sounds horrible, but when I read Eric's you know what I hate list, I find myself going "OMG I hate that too!" I don't agree with everything but I find some things I agree with and the spot of "humor" at the end.

I don't know that I really relate to them much at all in any other aspects. I was not popular in high school either but I never felt the ways they did about the people in my school/town.

TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75364
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:58 pm

A lot! I really relate to Eric. I look a lot like him, and my personality is almost the same.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 2:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] haha whoa, you look alot like him? You get alot of dates? Cool
and by personality almost the same is it in a positive or negative context?

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Many of their quotes from their diary shocked me, because it's exactly what I would say or how I felt.

• *I was the same weight & height as Eric and the only person who didn't hit 6' in school.

*Addicted to DOOM ever since it came out, playing it non-stop, the game being 'burnt' into my mind, having constant dreams related to the game, thinking about it all day, reading the novels, making levels for it. As well as the other video games they played.

*Same bullying, the 'ketchup' incident is similar to what happened to me in the cafeteria. People giving me crud about my 'face, hair, shirts'.

*Eric's chest indent, i'd got thrown around in gym locker room at school and mocked because of my 'flat chest' (even though i'm male, that's what they would say).

*Being intimidated in sports, I was always playing sports like Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Badminton etc growing up and when I got into high school, all the highly competitive guys took it too far, put me off.

*Being put on the exact medication as Eric.. having side effects, complaining about the side effect and getting my dosage increased rather than stopped. Also seeing a psychiatrist like Eric.

*Being left out of stuff, like Eric said 'the weird looking kid' that's what I was called. Being able to see people 'having fun' like Dylan said and not being part of it.

*Being a fan of Smashing Pumpkins!

*Having seen all the movies they had seen, blew me away when I read about them watching Bordello of Blood as it was a childhood favorite.

*Not labeled as part of any specific trend group (Goth etc) but like dressing in black shirts.

*Same childhood shyness as Dylan.

*Dylan wrote about his struggle to be accepted and being nervous daily, so was I.

*Same low-self esteem like they both wrote about.

*Had my first girlfriend at 22 so I spent my teen life alone.

*Heavily into video production.

*Hatred towards people in my city, i'd just get on a train and without even knowing anybody just instantly feel uncomfortable and angry and want to get off. But I wasn't like this before 'the rage you put on me' like Eric said is what people did to me that changed me.

*Problems in the world were seemingly more obvious to me than to others who just got on with their happy lives and didn't ask any questions. Feeling like I had 'self-awareness'. Everyone else I knew paths in life were dictated by their parents, if their parents bought them up a certain way it would be in their character, but I ended up being completely different to my parents and created my own lifestyle.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Archvile wrote:
Many of their quotes from their diary shocked me, because it's exactly what I would say or how I felt.

*I was the same weight & height as Eric and the only person who didn't hit 6' in school.

*Addicted to DOOM ever since it came out, playing it non-stop, the game being 'burnt' into my mind, reading the novels, making levels for it. As well as the other video games they played.

*Same bullying, the 'ketchup' incident is similar to what happened to me in the cafeteria. People giving me crud about my 'face, hair, shirts'.

*Eric's chest indent, i'd got thrown around in gym locker room at school and mocked because of my 'flat chest' (even though i'm male, that's what they would say).

*Being intimidated in sports, I was always playing sports like Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Badminton etc growing up and when I got into high school, all the highly competitive guys took it too far, put me off.

*Being put on the exact medication as Eric.. having side effects, complaining about the side effect and getting my dosage increased rather than stopped. Also seeing a psychiatrist like Eric.

*Being left out of stuff, like Eric said 'the weird looking kid' that's what I was called.

*Being a fan of Smashing Pumpkins!

*Having seen all the movies they had seen, blew me away when I read about them watching Bordello of Blood as it was a childhood favorite.

*Not labeled as part of any specific trend group (Goth etc) but like dressing in black shirts.

*Same childhood shyness as Dylan.

*Dylan wrote about his struggle to be accepted and being nervous daily, so was I.

*Same low-self esteem like they both wrote about.

*Had my first girlfriend at 22 so I spent my teen life alone.

*Heavily into video production.

*Hatred towards people in my city, i'd just get on a train and without even knowing anybody just instantly feel uncomfortable and angry and want to get off. But I wasn't like this before 'the rage you put on me' like Eric said is what people did to me that changed me.

*Problems in the world were seemingly more obvious to me than to others who just got on with their happy lives and didn't ask any questions. Feeling like I had 'self-awareness'. Everyone else I knew paths in life were dictated by their parents, if their parents bought them up a certain way it would be in their character, but I ended up being completely different to my parents and created my own lifestyle.

Wow, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thank you so much for sharing! May I ask, are these relations the reason why you got into Columbine? And also, having gone through all of this, how did it make you feel? Ever felt extremely angered and as if you were going to give up? What separates you from a person struggling through adolescent insecurities?

"*Problems in the world were seemingly more obvious to me than to others who just got on with their happy lives and didn't ask any questions. Feeling like I had 'self-awareness'. Everyone else I knew paths in life were dictated by their parents, if their parents bought them up a certain way it would be in their character, but I ended up being completely different to my parents and created my own lifestyle."

Amen, you and I both.

"*Being put on the exact medication as Eric.. having side effects, complaining about the side effect and getting my dosage increased rather than stopped. Also seeing a psychiatrist like Eric." Are you still on medication don't mind me asking? Have you more input into how this affected Eric and if it is safe to say it's one of the factors of his homicide?

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 5:54 pm

I also had constant dreams every single night of me dying or after committing some serious crime and feeling this dreadful feeling of 'it's too late not going back' until my heart would speed up really fast and I felt sick. I kept dreaming of that after taking those pills.. it was also during this time that I talked to that friend about Columbine, the one who got arrested, I think also the pills contributed to me feeling careless when I typed to this guy who also had serious problems and my brain felt so numb that I didn't think about the consequences.

Last edited by Archvile on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lodka

Contribution Points : 72682

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 5:56 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
Lodka wrote:

Thank you Lodka. Very in-depth and personal. I have to say, I relate to this in the same aspect aswell. I still feel the same way, as a matter of fact, And I think I'm just coping with being ignorant because If I tried to do something about, I might just disappoint and self-deprecate my ownself much more.
See, society and most people are used to being groomed that those who are much hotter, with more money, great bodies and having tons of friends are the popular ones and they should worshipped, and that's what the boys have pointed out before so I relate so hard. It makes those behind the shadows overlooked and unimportant, as if I have nothing to offer, or i'm not interesting enough. I have mentioned before at another thread the boys wouldn't be caught that carrying on in a world like this so unfortunately due to this reason and a bunch of other factors they resorted to the mass killing they did.
Because at some point it sucks. It ain't fair.
"I'm just nervous most of the time, with no good reason, I just am, and people can see that because most of the time I have a closed expression, of someone angry, and even though I'm not really angry with anything still I have the same expression which scares people and this is one of the big reasons I spend time by myself in public places, like in school and at work. A part of me likes that, because I like to be alone, to do things without been worried what others are thinking, but the other part feels bad to see other people socializing, have fun and talking to girls while I'm by myself like a weirdo."

Hahah, sounds like me buddy. But any fast forward to this day and now, I'm sure you've been pretty comfortable with yourself and getting by well yes? Smile

Yes, of course sometimes I feel bad, but most of the time I don't feel nothing, it's just natural for me.
Back to top Go down
meowitscow

meowitscow

Contribution Points : 74645

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 5:47 am

Well I can relate to Dylan. His journal reminds me of my younger school days. I had problems with depression, being suicidal and I was cutting.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 7:22 am

meowitscow wrote:
Well I can relate to Dylan. His journal reminds me of my younger school days. I had problems with depression, being suicidal and I was cutting.
Me too for the latter. And how are you doing now? You good?
Do you think Dylan was doomed for life with the way he saw himself and life had he carried on surviving?

meowitscow

Contribution Points : 74645

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:01 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
meowitscow wrote:
Me too for the latter. And how are you doing now? You good?
Do you think Dylan was doomed for life with the way he saw himself and life had he carried on surviving?

Hi Smile
First, thanks for asking. I'm okay now, I threw out my medications 5 years ago when I got with my boyfriend (still with him), but I still have some issues. Anxiety, sometimes panic attacks, but I haven't cut for 5 years too. And I don't feel the need anymore. I find my peace in creating art, being in nature etc. Dealing with it. How are you now ?

You never know, based on my story it's possible to get out of it. Many people do that. It sucks being a teenager who is different. If I understanded you correctly. (English is not my first language Very Happy )

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:22 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] haha whoa, you look alot like him? You get alot of dates? Cool

1)You'd think, being a swaggering ladies man and all... LOL
2)I guess in both ways, negative and positive.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:24 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

So do you hate a lot of things?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

Yes, and I get frustrated very easily. But it's nothing to worry about, I usually just turn over a chair (ever so slightly, so my parents won't hear), and than I feel better. There are also days when I just forget about the things I hate and just chill. Now that I think about it, I might be bipolar.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:57 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

Yes, and I get frustrated very easily. But it's nothing to worry about, I usually just turn over a chair (ever so slightly, so my parents won't hear), and than I feel better. There are also days when I just forget about the things I hate and just chill. Now that I think about it, I might be bipolar.

Sorry...Don't want you to feel like I was singling you out!
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

Sorry...Don't want you to feel like I was singling you out!

It's fine. I don't feel like I'm being singled out, and you (and everyone else) can ask me anything you want. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?   Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil's Advocate: How Much Can You Relate To The Boys?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next