Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Sue pushed Dylan

Go down 
+5
em81
shades
Lizpuff
TheSpiral
aquillina
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73923
Forum Reputation : 0

When Sue pushed Dylan Empty
PostSubject: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Sue talked a lot about this one incident on Mother's Day when she pushed him against the refrigerator and gave him the lecture. Do you justify Sue for this action or did you think she was being a bit too harsh? My parents were always pushing me do better in life. But yelling and getting physical about it just seems to me a bit too extreme. Yet I can't blame her at all because with all the chaos that was going on with her life I can understand why she was getting so fed up.

Last edited by aquillina on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75414
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:42 pm

I don't think ot was extreme at all. I justify what she did, because of , like you said she got fed up about Dylan's selfishess. I don't think it was anthing too serious.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96724
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:49 pm

I don't blame her. It sounds like Dylan was very avoidant of any and all conflict. Spending most of his time in his room. perhaps she tried to speak to him before and he just walked away or agreed with her to have her leave him alone?

Sometimes there is no other way to get thru to people. It is not like she slapped him in the face or punched him. Sounds like she just wanted to get thru to him to me.

I find what Dylan said to Sue in response scarier than what she did. Despite what Sue says. Although scary may not be the word I want to use.

shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80286
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 pm

It may seem extreme now considering we find out how much he was depressed and unexpectedly homicidal so it may seem overboard. But, I think she had the right to act that way. There's nobody else who is allowed to do that with the right intent except for his own mother. And with his calm response, it also meant that he was deeply extremely angry but he kept it together and kept it cool. He could've retaliated physically, like what he did to his co-worker, but he didn't. Cause he managed to remind himself that was his mother.

Contribution Points : 101799
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 5:08 pm

i think i am unable to blame Sue. And I have to agree, what Dylan said was strange. maybe a little bit scary.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75567

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 5:39 am

liquorvamp wrote:
It may seem extreme now considering we find out how much he was depressed and unexpectedly homicidal so it may seem overboard. But, I think she had the right to act that way. There's nobody else who is allowed to do that with the right intent except for his own mother. And with his calm response, it also meant that he was deeply extremely angry but he kept it together and kept it cool. He could've retaliated physically, like what he did to his co-worker, but he didn't. Cause he managed to remind himself that was his mother.

Yeah, I've always wondered exactly what transpired between Dylan and his co-worker who said he hit her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can see in the GIF above that his body language seems to be pretty aggressive. Granted, he was caught off guard after being randomly (albeit playfully) dusted, but he looks pretty intimidating. I can see why he reassured his parents that the jocks didn't worry him.

I also agree with those who mentioned his words to Sue in response to her shoving him were pretty menacing, especially in hindsight. I don't think she was in danger but I think he was certainly letting her know he was having a hard time controlling his anger. She obviously doesn't feel he meant what he said in a bad way, but it's no secret that Dylan was pretty hot-headed at times.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80286
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 7:20 am

That duster situation is amazing lol.
And what is the context of him being recorded in specific? Such a weird coincidence that we will all be watching this eventually...

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 9:15 am

We can't really tell...I wonder if any words were spoken on that "duster" day.

aquillina

Contribution Points : 73923

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 am

I think Dylan looks good in that trench coat.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98568
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:39 am

I know she's his mother but surely it's not too dissimilar to a jock shoving him in the corridor. I imagine it didn't hurt but I guess it is still classed as physical violence. Maybe it could even have been a deal breaker. Jocks, Byron and even his own mother pushing him about...
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97116
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't think that Dylan took the duster incident as a joke.I think he felt he was being mocked and disrespected.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
pbc

Contribution Points : 80709

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Interesting, I've never seen that clip before. Really shows how big he is. He could certainly be intimidating. But maybe that's just cause I'm 5'3". Razz

"How baffling it was that even the most cunning and clever people would frequently see only what they wanted to see, and would rarely look beyond the thinnest of facades. Or they would ignore reality, dismissing it as the facade. And then, when their whole world fell to pieces...they would tear their topknots or rend their clothes and bewail their karma, blaming gods or kami or luck or their lords or husbands or vassals--anything or anyone--but never themselves." – James Clavell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Sorry this is kinda OT but can anyone link the thread with the highlights out of Sue's book ? I forgot the title ;_;
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Magnaphoria wrote:
Sorry this is kinda OT but can anyone link the thread with the highlights out of Sue's book ? I forgot the title ;_;

This maybe?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Magnaphoria wrote:

This maybe?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No , it's the one with passages taken directly out of the book, for example the McDonalds incident.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Wow there are a ton of Sue threads...one specifically about McD. But I don't think that is what you are looking for either lol Sorry!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Sue pushed Dylan   When Sue pushed Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Sue pushed Dylan
Page 1 of 1