Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's great love decoded?

Go down 
+19
ThoughtBox
Jenn
Rebdomine
maninthebox
lio45
Falco
Sabratha
tragedy79
MarmaladeSkies
areyoulistening
lasttrain
em81
tfsa47090
lol
REBxVoDKa
Grandma
carrie12
SandraSmit19
queenfarooq
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lio45

Contribution Points : 85616
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 6:11 pm

A is for how she [always has me] helpless with her beautiful gaze

A is for the [allure] of us as a couple

Both work well enough. In the former's case, I think the censor decided he/she pretty much had to scratch more than just "always" otherwise that would be just too obviously the only possible word that could fit in the blank.

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86632
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 6:26 pm

That is true, I think they were trying to be tricky when blanking out the spots. Although why release it at all?

Contribution Points : 102747
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 7:05 pm

I really think it was Marla. Dylan said he tried calling her, but she was asleep. So he had some relation with this girl. Marla apparently hung out with Zack and Dylan the week before Prom? And also Dylan asked Marla out to prom, and she said no because someone else asked her, and she would've said yes to Dylan if he asked earlier.

Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99477
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:38 am

Resurrecting this thread... So, my guess is it wasn't Marla? Based on Sue's recent interview (I've only just started reading the book, so I might not be up to date with all the new info)

In 2001, investigators showed you Dylan’s journal, which they’d removed from his room within hours of the shootings. While Eric’s theme was hate, Dylan’s was love. How did it feel to discover that?

It broke my heart that not only did I not know his feelings of anger, I did not know his feelings of longing. I felt overwhelming sadness that I didn’t know he had someone he was passionately in love with though she did not know he existed—literally. It just makes the whole tragedy all the more baffling.

Have you ever spoken to her?
No. And she’s not aware [of how Dylan felt about her].

If I remember correctly, Marla knew who he was - they hung out a couple of times. Also, from this quote it seems like it was mostly one girl? I was under the impression it was many
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:40 am

I got ERIN as a first name when I did it o_o my detective senses are tingling and they're telling me it might not be Marla. And yes i'm serious.

And I believe there were 4 romantic interests but it narrowed down to 1 or 2 of them. Could've been more. Sadly we will not be able to know who it is without ruining that person's life. I wouldn't want crazy people coming after me outta nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Rebdomine

Contribution Points : 75596
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:03 am

Hmmm, Erin doesn't seem that unique though?

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:06 am

Depends , neither is Dylan but the "klebold" made him say "such a strange name , like mine". It's possible her family name is odd.
Back to top Go down
Rebdomine

Contribution Points : 75596
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:11 am

Magnaphoria wrote:
Depends , neither is Dylan but the "klebold" made him say "such a strange name , like mine". It's possible her family name is odd.

True. If his true love went to Columbine, I am sure she is somewhere on the 11k report. Cross reference time! How many Erin's were in the student body?

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:35 am

It was a few different girls over the course of 2 years. He mentions that he thought so and so was the one for him but came to realize she wasn't and then he goes on about wanting to be with some other girl. What teenage boy is going to stay obsessed with the same girl for 2 years? Especially one that doesn't even know him?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Rebdomine wrote:
Magnaphoria wrote:

True. If his true love went to Columbine, I am sure she is somewhere on the 11k report. Cross reference time! How many Erin's were in the student body?

Alright so I did a little "digging" and I found someone that comes close to this but of course I might be an idiot. Now, I found a sort of erin : Katherine Trojan. (pages 5812-5814) that... interestingly knew Zach Heckler,  she participated in plays , "knew Dylan from school play productions", did not socialize with Dylan but as it says in the report "during the course of school plays did have occasional informal conversations with him". My hunch is the name he wrote was Erin Trojan. It sounds like a strange name and my acrostic went like this (i only managed to find the T and O to fit but was surprised to see a name with those letters placed exactly there):

E is for the ENDLESS joy she gives me
R is for she she RENDERS me helpless with her beautiful gaze
I is for the INTIMATE moments she shares with me
N is for the NEWfound love that I've been looking for all my life

T is for the THOUGHT of us as a couple
? = how ? I hope to spend time with her
O = how she is the ONLY one I love, that I have ever loved
? = is for the ? where we can look at the stars
? = how ? beautiful she is
? = her ? for everything she does

Inb4 you're crazy bruv

PS: Page 111 in the yearbook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nice fit, Sandra!   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
This is something I've been thinking about for a while. I think it might be Erin Boortz, who was a senior at the same time as Dylan.

If this is true, I imagine the poem looked like this:

E is for the (Endless) joy she gives me
R is for how she (Rivets) the helpless with her beautiful gaze
I is for the (Infinite) moments she shares with me
N is for the (New) found love that I've been looking for all my life

B is for the (Beauty) of us as a couple
O is how (O) I hope to spend time with her
O is how she is the (Only) one I love, that I have ever loved
R is for the (Roof) where we can look at the stars
T is how (Truly) beautiful she is
Z is her (Zest) for everything she does

I can't quite figure out the first O in the last name and I realize some of these are a stretch but I'm almost positive the fourth letter has to be an N as in New Found Love and I'm also pretty sure the seventh letter is an O as in Only One I Love.

What do you guys think? A possibility?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Erin Boortz, who is graduating next month and escaped the school at least physically unscathed, is anxious to resume classes, even without Matt and two other friends who were killed.
In the aftermath of Tuesday, she has felt a change among schoolmates that gives her hope. Columbine, she said, deserved its reputation for its stratified cliques, which some believe figured in the rage of the killers, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

"The popular clique is really tight. I know some of them who won't socialize with anyone outside the clique," said Erin. "But I can tell already, people who have had bad times with each other or grudges against each other are coming together and giving each other a hug.

"I had some bad times with one girl. We had been friends but hadn't talked in about two months. She called me the other day and wanted to make sure I was OK and see if I wanted to talk."

`I do know God is good'
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101224
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 pm

my favorite topic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83896
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Oh, I thought the answer was ERIC HARRIS. Twisted Evil

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101224
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 2:39 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
Oh, I thought the answer was ERIC HARRIS. Twisted Evil

haha maybe that´s it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Looking at his poem the first four letters look seperated from the bottom six. The spacing as well as the use of "=" only visable on the bottom six letters. So, I think the girl had to be a four letter first name, six letter last name. I looked at the 1999 yearbook, specifically at seniors, since Dylan said he had a class with her first semester, assuming it was a class with only seniors. He also mentioned she also had 5th off like him. These are the only girl names with the right amount of letters:

Jill Curnow
Erin Boortz
Lisa Strunk
Sara Martin
Lisa Kreutz

I also tried names that can be shortened:

Jessica (jess) Hughes
Kimberly Lorenz
Katherine Malone
Catherine Nelson
Elizabeth Walker
Kimberly Carlin
Kim Colton
Catherine Brantz
Lucille Alpers
Krissa Eggert
Vanessa Grimes
Alejeandra (alex) Marsch

Only some were interviewed by police. I read every interview.

Sara Martin according to police interview it said pending further investigation, she was interviewed at home. Nothing suspicious.

Jessica Hughes is the only one who makes me think it could be her. Possibly she went by Jess Hughes. In the police report they contacted her twice, once to interview her on April 20th. In the interview with Jessica that day she said she went in the limo with Dylan to prom on April 17th and sat by him during dinner.
She was not on school property when the shooting occured. The interview was completed by 330PM on April 20, 1999.
They wrote down that that were instructed to interview a girl thought to be Dylan's girlfriend named Brenda Hughes, which was Jessica Hughes same address, at 650PM and met with her father David and her again.
They went back to interview her on July 19, 1999 and her mother said it was too tramatic to interview her again, since she was not even at school when the shooting occured and had since graduated. It says open upon further investigation.

To read these police files go to: 6644-6649. She is also in the yearbook on pages 12,79,183,188

Last edited by DrinkingvoDKa on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 5:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I tend to somewhat believe it was a girl called Katherine Trojan and assumed she might've had the nickname Erin. Her name fits the acrostic very well.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 pm

I know about Katie who liked Eric but her parents said he was too old, but I thought Marla was older?

Page 001575:

Morrissey [Math Teacher] had her class write down on paper whatever they wanted to about what happened at the high school. Two female freshman students in particular wrote that they were both friends of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. They wrote very fondly of Harris and Klebold, and Morrissey considered the girls to have had "a freshman crush on two seniors. "The students were Marla Foust and Katherine "Katie" Thompson.

If Marla was Dylan's great love that's annoying. Didn't Dylan as her to prom but she had a date already?

Contribution Points : 83242
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I know about Katie who liked Eric but her parents said he was too old, but I thought Marla was older?

Page 001575:

Morrissey [Math Teacher] had her class write down on paper whatever they wanted to about what happened at the high school. Two female freshman students in particular wrote that they were both friends of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. They wrote very fondly of Harris and Klebold, and Morrissey considered the girls to have had "a freshman crush on two seniors. "The students were Marla Foust and Katherine "Katie" Thompson.

If Marla was Dylan's great love that's annoying. Didn't Dylan as her to prom but she had a date already?
According to her mother, Katie actually told her friend that she was afraid of Eric.

Bianca stated that was because Eric had made numerous phone calls to Katie trying to get a date. Bianca went on to say that Eric had met Katie at the Chili's restaurant one night, but that was the last time she had direct contact with him. Bianca stated that Eric was calling all the time for a while, and she had interrupted a call once. Bianca thought it strange that a senior in high school was attempting to get a date with their daughter, a freshman, so they had told her she couldn't go out with him, but she had not put up any fight about it. Bianca learned later from a friend of Katie's (Erin Lucero) that Katie was afraid of Eric also.

Marla was a sophomore when Eric and Dylan were seniors. She did say that Dylan asked her to prom and that she already had a date but would have gone with him if she didn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 1:25 am

There were a few girls he was in love with at different times. some of them I believe are Kristen. T, Erin Boortz and Rebbeca Heins.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: bleurgh   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 am

Jenn wrote:
It was a few different girls over the course of 2 years. He mentions that he thought so and so was the one for him but came to realize she wasn't and then he goes on about wanting to be with some other girl. What teenage boy is going to stay obsessed with the same girl for 2 years? Especially one that doesn't even know him?

You'd be surprised. I still have a crush on a girl from high school that I literally NEVER spoke to, and she's married with kids now, and that was 17 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 12:45 am

Guest wrote:
After thinking about it for a few days,I think I've come to the conclusion that it was Tobin Kennedy. None of us will ever know for sure but if you put the elements together it fits. Tobin is certainly an unusual name for a girl,he was known to have asked her out and she is a very pretty girl.For me, she fits better than Marla Foust although I think its likely that DK had a thing for her too at the very end.

Someone else found the picture.

I know you've gotten credit from Crime Video Archives so better give him credit before I alert [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Whoops
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63814
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Jenn wrote:

You'd be surprised.  I still have a crush on a girl from high school that I literally NEVER spoke to, and she's married with kids now, and that was 17 years ago.

I agree. My major crushes have actually always lasted for about 2 years. Isn't that normal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's great love decoded?   Dylan's great love decoded? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's great love decoded?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2