Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KurtCobain

KurtCobain

Contribution Points : 62254
Forum Reputation : 0

What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Empty
PostSubject: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 am

I've heard that he was the 'cause' of the shooting (which I think is absolute bullshit), and Manson also said that he thinks that they thought he was a sissy. Which is true?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 8:30 am

I guess Dylan had a Manson poster supposedly in his room and when his mom asked him about it he stated he liked the beat of the music but didn't really listen to the lyrics

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78828
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Its all nonsens that Manson was the cause of the shooting(people Just looked for someone to blame).

I believe that Eric and Dylan might have listened to Marilyn Manson, but to what extent they were fans is a different issue.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68222
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Its all nonsens that Manson was the cause of the shooting(people Just looked for someone to blame).

I believe that Eric and Dylan might have listened to Marilyn Manson, but to what extent they were fans is a different issue.
I remember hearing that Eric Harris liked Manson’s cover of Sweet Dreams, but said it was the only Manson song he liked and that he thought Manson was a “freak” and a “weirdo” (according to part of his diary, where he mentioned songs he liked). Dylan must have liked him if he had a Marilyn Manson poster in his room, but both Eric and Dylan were bigger fans of KMFDM, Rammstein, and Nine Inch Nails. Blaming any music artist on a mass shooting is ridiculous, even if the killers listened to them. Their music doesn’t encourage killing. It’s just music.

Kinkeloukaitis and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78828
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

I remember hearing that Eric Harris liked Manson’s cover of Sweet Dreams, but said it was the only Manson song he liked and that he thought Manson was a “freak” and a “weirdo” (according to part of his diary, where he mentioned songs he liked). Dylan must have liked him if he had a Marilyn Manson poster in his room, but both Eric and Dylan were bigger fans of KMFDM, Rammstein, and Nine Inch Nails. Blaming any music artist on a mass shooting is ridiculous, even if the killers listened to them. Their music doesn’t encourage killing. It’s just music.

True, very true. Basically the same thing happens all over when people Carry out acts of mass violence. Someone always take the blame, even if they are completely void of any responsibility , whatsoever.

I think its Just people looking for someone that they can put the blame on. And, well, Manson is provocative, he dresses a certain way. And that is Why he took the blame for it.

Carnifex879 likes this post

Trent531 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 2:37 am

Blaming musical artists for these violent outrages is beyond insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?   What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did Eric and Dylan think about Marilyn Manson?
Page 1 of 1