Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Amok Wiki

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 8:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is a wiki detailing what it self identifies as "amok" attacks (rampage killings). It lists numerous attacks from a variety of countries and time periods
Thought the forum would like it.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 5:45 am

STK wrote:
This is a wiki detailing what it self identifies as "amok" attacks (rampage killings). It lists numerous attacks from a variety of countries and time periods
I've been on the Amok wiki before. It's quite good and has articles on a lot of lesser known killers.
Thanks for making this post. Maybe more people will find out about lesser known killers and maybe more people will contribute because a lot of their articles are incomplete.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm

The amok wiki is in rather poor shape; most articles on the site are bare-bones summaries, with little to no information on the attacks themselves. I've added articles for Kyle Huff and James Wilson, as well as greatly expanding the page for Lanza.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 pm

STK wrote:
The amok wiki is in rather poor shape; most articles on the site are bare-bones summaries, with little to no information on the attacks themselves. I've added articles for Kyle Huff and James Wilson, as well as greatly expanding the page for Lanza.

it could also be the fact that those countries in Asia rarely share details of mass killings
Back to top Go down

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:49 pm

STK wrote:

i found this one that was not on the wiki
Back to top Go down
Myll

Contribution Points : 60547
Forum Reputation : 70

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 am

STK wrote:

I dont think it's in that bad of a shape, it's a great place to start on your research.
Sources are lacking in a few articles here and there but other than that i don't have much of a problem using it.
I think it's also partly the problem of a lot of the articles being from asia with very litttle information being let out.

I really like Lord Gon's review on a mass shooting study by mother jones. It has a nice listing of  the mass shootings (in the US) mother jones didn't include in the study from 1980-2014 which I have found to be  very useful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Amok Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amok Wiki   The Amok Wiki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amok Wiki
Page 1 of 1