Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Byron and Kevin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't care where I am or what I am doing, I could be getting married that day, when the depositions come out I am THERE.

"SO it's time to walk down the aisle"

'Nope, depositions... shhh... tell them to wait, I'm the bride, you have to listen to me. We'll have a sunset wedding, there's an open bar, have fun."

lol! Razz

Hahaha I feel like this is so accurate with a lot of us. The only other thing that would make me drop everything would be a book or interview with the Harris's. (I have long since given up on TBT)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1855
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't care where I am or what I am doing, I could be getting married that day, when the depositions come out I am THERE.

"SO it's time to walk down the aisle"

'Nope, depositions... shhh... tell them to wait, I'm the bride, you have to listen to me. We'll have a sunset wedding, there's an open bar, have fun."

lol! Razz

Hahaha I feel like this is so accurate with a lot of us. The only other thing that would make me drop everything would be a book or interview with the Harris's. (I have long since given up on TBT)

That would be amazing! I'd love for them to be interviewed, not by Diane Sawyer though, she has an attitude when she interviews anyone associated with Eric and Dylan. She refuses to believe they were complex messed up kids whose parents and friends did love them but HATE what they did.

I bet there is some sort of injunction against releasing TBT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:27 pm

In my mind, the only way I could see anyone from the Harris family speaking publicly is to set the record straight before the depositions are released. Who knows if they will want to say something after more years have gone by and they know attention will be drawn back to the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1855
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 pm

The book I'm reading right now, 19 Minutes has made me think of the relationship between Dylan and Byron.

I doubt we will ever know this but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks they didn't have as good of a relationship as Kevin and Eric did.

I wonder if Byron and his friends did give Dylan a hard time? I wonder if when Byron and Dylan were at school together for that one year (Dylan's freshman) if Byron wasn't really there for him. Dylan even has some disdain for him in his "Just a Day" essay about how Byron always tried to impress people and how that was a waste of time.

Maybe that is another reason Byron didn't want to speak about his brother or be involved with what his mom was doing? Maybe he was part of the problem as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2279
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm sure there is some guilt there as well. Sad

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2015-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder if Byron and his friends did give Dylan a hard time? I wonder if when Byron and Dylan were at school together for that one year (Dylan's freshman) if Byron wasn't really there for him. Dylan even has some disdain for him in his "Just a Day" essay about how Byron always tried to impress people and how that was a waste of time. 

I think Dylan said Byron and his friends picked on him in the Basement Tapes.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The book I'm reading right now, 19 Minutes has made me think of the relationship between Dylan and Byron.

I doubt we will ever know this but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks they didn't have as good of a relationship as Kevin and Eric did.

I wonder if Byron and his friends did give Dylan a hard time? I wonder if when Byron and Dylan were at school together for that one year (Dylan's freshman) if Byron wasn't really there for him. Dylan even has some disdain for him in his "Just a Day" essay about how Byron always tried to impress people and how that was a waste of time.

Maybe that is another reason Byron didn't want to speak about his brother or be involved with what his mom was doing? Maybe he was part of the problem as well?

I can agree with you on that feeling...I think at the very least, Eric respected his brother and looked up to him even if he was jealous of him. I just don't get that feeling about Byron and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2279
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:47 pm

When Dylan could say that his brother wasn't really in his life and this it wasn't a problem, that is a real eye opener. It does seem that Dylan had some animosity towards Byron.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1855
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
 When Dylan could say that his brother wasn't really in his life and this it wasn't a problem, that is a real eye opener. It does seem that Dylan had some animosity towards Byron.

It's telling too how Sue seems oblivious or defensive of Byron when he's mentioned on the Basement Tapes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2279
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
 When Dylan could say that his brother wasn't really in his life and this it wasn't a problem, that is a real eye opener. It does seem that Dylan had some animosity towards Byron.

It's telling too how Sue seems oblivious or defensive of Byron when he's mentioned on the Basement Tapes.


She likely thought her kids had a decent relationship.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:12 pm

I wish we knew more about Byron. (And Kevin). It seems like Sue really didn't want to say too much about him I guess he sided more with Tom in the aftermath and wants to be very private
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2279
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: Byron and Kevin   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:14 pm

I think the fact Sue wanted to, then actually came forward was likely a hot button issue with Tom and Byron.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Byron and Kevin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» WEST, Kevin Steven
» Byron Fox (Done)
» Anderson, Ian
» Alien Clash (Ulitimate Ben vs Ultimate Tiberius)
» Quantum: Dracula Arc

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: