Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another "ominous" basement tape leak?

Go down 
+6
Holloka
munchkinphone
spidEr
Rebbie556
Screamingophelia
Lateral
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lateral

Lateral

Contribution Points : 63303
Forum Reputation : 0

Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Empty
PostSubject: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi Columbine Community! Another Video only with shitty audio leaked from the basement Tapes on youtube. Videos like that surfaced in the past with no credibility. The qualitiy is not really authentic as you can hear something only with your headphones. But if you read the lines from the transcript it's quite accurate. Also there is absolutely no backinfo on this Video. In my opinion it's nothing than something, but l'd like to hear your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm trying to listen to it with my crappy headphones, I hear low talking but not much else. I'll try to listen to it with my headphones I use for gaming.

Would love to know where this "leak" came from.

ETA: Listened on my TV, most of the audio I can hear is towards the end, sounds like a males voice but I can't make out what is said. Since I already know part of the transcripts it is easy to "hear" things that aren't there.
Back to top Go down
Lateral

Lateral

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:06 pm

If you read the transcript while you listen to it you can hear quite something. But well, it's just crappy Audio.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm partially deaf in one ear so I'm not the best person to try to hear it LOL.

I'm going to defer to others.

Maybe CVA can enhance the audio? He's done some good work.

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:09 pm

I can just barely hear the voices, but not enough to understand what is being said.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Also the only leak that has ever been validated has been Rachel's dads audio from back in Fall of 1999. The "I love Jesus" one.

The audio is fantastic for the time. Why are these supposed leaks such poor quality?

It doesn't make sense.

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Also the only leak that has ever been validated has been Rachel's dads audio from back in Fall of 1999. The "I love Jesus" one.

The audio is fantastic for the time. Why are these supposed leaks such poor quality?

It doesn't make sense.

link?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Sure! Sorry I assumed people have heard it already.

Here you go Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sure! Sorry I assumed people have heard it already.

Here you go Smile

i never looked to much into columbine, it really doesn't interest me
Back to top Go down
Lateral

Lateral

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:42 pm

-warrior wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It doesn't make sense.

link?
i agree. CVA uploaded months ago an supposed to be crappy Audio file from the "goodbye" Video which was uploaded before by a User from youtube, but that User never came forward with Information about it. CVA would do maybe a better Job in clearing the sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Interesting how this one is like the last "leak" where you can barely hear anything. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92156
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I could make something out : at 0:15 “I know i know I will be in a better place” Dylan or Eric?
Their voices sound as if they were sobbing.

I assume that’s the evidence [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eric: "Say it now."

Dylan: "Hey mom. Gotta go. It's about a half an hour before our little judgment day. I just wanted to apologize to you guys for any crap this might instigate as far as (inaudible) or something. Just know I'm going to a better place. I didn't like life too much and I know I'll be happy wherever the fuck I go. So I'm gone. Good-bye. Reb..."

Dylan takes the camera then and begins filming Eric. Eric's also wearing a plaid shirt that's either dark blue or black with white, with a white t-shirt on underneath. His lower half can't be seen.

Eric: "Yea... Everyone I love, I'm really sorry about all this. I know my mom and dad will be just like.. just fucking shocked beyond belief. I'm sorry, all right. I can't help it."

Dylan: (interrupts) "We did what we had to do."

Eric: "Morris, Nate, if you guys live, I want you guys to have whatever you want from my room and the computer room."

Dylan adds that they can have his things as well.

Eric: "Susan, sorry. Under different circumstances it would've been a lot different. I want you to have that fly CD."

Eric: (eventually) "That's it. Sorry. Goodbye."

Dylan: (sticks his face in the camera) "Goodbye."

The tape ends with a brief glimpse of a sign on the wall of Eric's bedroom, someone's arm partially blocking it from sight. It's the letters: CHS along with a drawing of a bomb with a lit fuse and, in bold black letters, the word "clue".
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69701
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 pm

you can remove the background fuzz with audacity and make the voices louder. I think VLC too.  I assume it is just the voice of the guy who made this thread though as he's only come here to post this.

Also if you look at the user's others videos, there are videos of the uploader who is a child in the UK that looks around 11 or 12, and Lazy Town memes so I highly doubt it is real. You should have just looked at the user's other videos before you even made this post and crushed more people's hopes.

the uploader:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:28 pm

If Dylan and/or Eric were sobbing or crying it would be in the transcript or at the very least Sue would mentioned it in AMR.

Lateral

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You are probably right and i did it afterwards too. Not very truthworthy by the other content of his Videos.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63964

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 11:52 am

The voices did not resemble theirs at all and they sound very monotonous which is not at all like them if you listen to audio from other tapes.

I feel like this is some autistic guy in his room talking to himself, the two voices are very alike which I dont think Erics and Dylans are.

The voice who is supposed to be Dylans is a bit similar but Erics does not sound like Eric.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:23 pm

I'm going to take your word for it. :-) We have a lot to compare it to so it is not like we don't know what they sound like.

I can't hear anything whatsoever.

Holloka

Contribution Points : 66773

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:36 pm

How convenient that all of these supposed "leaks" are recorded in such bad quality you can't make anything out. I mean, the actual leak is pretty clear and loud, although it's a recording of a recording from a distance away... Yet you can clearly hear their voices on it, and it's good enough to tell it's really them speaking.

So yeah, give me a break. The basement tapes are home tapes from 1999 not 1927, there is no reason for them to be in such a bad shape. The only reason to have a recording that silent is to conceal audible evidence of forgery.

I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here, it's probably some dude/dudes reading the basement tapes transcript, that's the big "leak".

I mean I still remember the Parrot Tapes Very Happy Wasn't all that long ago ~

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 4:50 pm

LOL I remember the parrot tapes.

The youtube comments are full of believers. They are like "it totally sounds like Eric and Dylan"

I have to wait until someone enhances the audio because even reading the transcript, I simply can't hear it.

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Actually I heard the voices alot better on speaker than on headphones.

What is the parrot tapes confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 6:02 pm

munchkinphone wrote:

I think it was a supposed leak that was confirmed to be false and throughout this "leak" there was this irritating parrot chirping like every five seconds.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 6:15 pm

munchkinphone wrote:

I heard the "Susan, under different circumstances" part pretty well when I shoved my headphones right in my ear. It kind of sounded like Eric to me, if you compare it to the audio from the diversion hearing.

I have to be skeptical until I hear a cleaned up version of it.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Looks like a job for CVA!
Back to top Go down
Selah

Selah

Contribution Points : 80658

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 6:30 pm

The parrot tape was this video reviewed by cva that claimed to be the basement tapes, but in the end he found out it was basically something that sounded like a parrot.

And...I am very skeptical about this. It could basically be a person softly reading the transcript.
Back to top Go down
Holloka

Holloka

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 7:10 pm

CVA just uploaded a vid about it like 5 minutes ago, he tried to enhance it, check it out. He's not buying it either, btw.

CVA on youtube wrote:
To be HONEST, I don't think it is real.
I have listened to their voices too much to have doubts.  Also, I told the owner of this to email me with supporting documents and/or photo evidence supporting this claim.....i received no such email.

Why just an AUDIO leak? Where is the video? No one carries around a audio recorder and not their iphone or droid.
Why is it so distorted? Even Mr.Scott's audio recorder from early seventeen years ago sounds better than this.

Too many questions...no answers. Lastly, the owner said this is copyrighted. You can't copyright a LEAKED audio file that you AREN'T supposed to have! lol

What it could be is an obsessed person reenacted it and purposefully distorted it.

We have dealt with these types of claims before.  Believe what you want, as will I.

Oh btw, on a second thought, I just re-read the transcripts in CVA's description box, and it ends as such:

Basement Tapes Transcript wrote:
Eric: "Susan, sorry. Under different circumstances it would've been a lot different. I want you to have that fly CD."
Eric: (eventually) "That's it. Sorry. Goodbye."
Dylan: (sticks his face in the camera) "Goodbye."

Well then, Dylan's voice at least should be much louder, no? If he stuck his face so close to the camera, his last "Goodbye!" should be much louder than anything else. Yet, nope.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 pm

You're right, the voice would have been louder at the end

When I listened to CVAs video the voices sounded the same. Eric and Dylan didn't have similar voices.

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 7:46 pm

well i got something i was experimenting with the VLC equalizer to get make the voices a bit clear & reduce the noise a bit .
and it got a bit better , and i could make
some parts out at 01.04/01:05 Dylan: "We did what we had to do." Eric says at 01:22 "Susan, sorry. Under different circumstances it would've been a lot different. I want you to have that fly CD."
the "under different circumstances " was clear to hear.
and i could also understand Eric: "Yea... Everyone I love, I'm really sorry about all this. I know my mom and dad will be just like.. just fucking shocked beyond belief. I'm sorry, all right. I can't help it." especially the "yeah" is also clear.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
well i got something i was experimenting with the  VLC equalizer  to get make the voices a bit clear & reduce the noise a bit .
and it got a bit better , and i could make
some parts out  at 01.04/01:05  Dylan: "We did what we had to do."     Eric says  at 01:22 "Susan, sorry. Under different circumstances it would've been a lot different. I want you to have that fly CD."
the "under different circumstances " was clear  to hear.
and i could also understand  Eric: "Yea... Everyone I love, I'm really sorry about all this. I know my mom and dad will be just like.. just fucking shocked beyond belief. I'm sorry, all right. I can't help it."  especially the "yeah" is also  clear.

The Susan part is what I can hear the best.

The voices sound really similar to each other.

ETA-Sororityalpha has an excellent point below. There's no "ums" or anything that make it sound off the cuff.

In AMR Sue said they didn't sound angry but she didn't say they sounded monotone. There's no emotion from what I hear.

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124184
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 8:54 pm

It is too much word-for-word of what we already know from the evidence.

If there was some variation, that is more or slights different from what we already know, it might be more believable, imo.

Fake, as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:18 am

Damn got my hopes up. But I'm just not buying it either. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lateral

Lateral

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:39 am

I have tried to Message the uploader for an answer where he got this from. Either in the Comments or by private Message. Like CVA i Never got an answer. But the User likely commented in the comment section of his authencity and that he Want his Name linked everywhere. More than suspicious :/
Back to top Go down
Lateral

Lateral

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:34 am

I've got another short but cleaner Clip. You can hear the voices much better.                                              
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 am

so its basement tapes or not?
or it will be very long discussion about this lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:45 am

Rebbie556 wrote:
so its basement tapes or not?
or it will  be very long discussion about this lmao

Eh, no one knows just yet. scratch But I'm sure this will be a main topic for a little while. Or at least until it is proven 100% fake. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:52 am

They still sound like the same person to me.

Compare it to this, I don't know if this will help but this is how their voices sound from kind of far away with static etc.

I think any Columbine discussion will be a long one. We've been talking about it for 17 years. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I think any Columbine discussion will be a long one. We've been talking about it for 17 years. Laughing

AGREED! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:11 am

It sounds like it's the same person being more soft spoken with his "Dylan" voice and a little more forceful with his Eric voice.

I am morbidly curious to know if the fangirls have tweeted Brooks with the link and are asking him about it.

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
It sounds like it's the same person being more soft spoken with his "Dylan" voice and a little more forceful with his Eric voice.

I am morbidly curious to know if the fangirls have tweeted Brooks with the link and are asking him about it.

i feel sry for brooks
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 am

Brooks' behavior when it first happened has come to bite him in the ass for sure. I bet he has grown up a LOT, I hate to think of him getting bothered still.

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66628
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am

Until it is revealed exactly where the audio was obtained from, I don't think anyone will believe it is real...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:54 am

I'm skeptical as to why someone with such a monumental type leak wouldn't answer questions and provide evidence on how they came by the leak. scratch
Back to top Go down
visceralgod

visceralgod

Contribution Points : 58905
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 am

The thing that cements this for me as a fake is the source.

Look at the fucking channel. It's full of shit a typical 12-13 year old would post. You're telling me one of the most notorious pieces of lost media in the history of the internet gets found by some little twerp who is barely literate, and doesn't seem to even have any common sense?

No way in hell this is real. I'm 3000% sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 pm

visceralgod wrote:
The thing that cements this for me as a fake is the source.

Look at the fucking channel. It's full of shit a typical 12-13 year old would post. You're telling me one of the most notorious pieces of lost media in the history of the internet gets found by some little twerp who is barely literate, and doesn't seem to even have any common sense?

No way in hell this is real. I'm 3000% sure of it.

Seconded
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm

visceralgod wrote:

That too! Haha

But seriously if I were to stumble across a leak from the basement tapes I would be screaming from the rooftops, posting it on every single Columbine related page I know, etc.

What I wouldn't be doing is dodging any and all questions related to where I found it, or who gave it to me. That is just one of the reasons I have my doubts about it.
Back to top Go down
Holloka

Holloka

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Lateral wrote:
I've got another short but cleaner Clip. You can hear the voices much better.                                              

This video alone proves that it's fake. That's not E and D's voice at all.

/thread
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Agreed, that video really allows you to hear how fake it is.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69701
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 pm

same voice and it sounds like a British accent.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm

I feel like the way "Dylan" says judgement day is weird. With emphasis on the day as if he was reading it as a movie title or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another "ominous" basement tape leak?   Another "ominous" basement tape leak? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another "ominous" basement tape leak?
Page 1 of 1