Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who would you date

Go down 
+10
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
Holloka
Mirwais500
Giga143
QuestionMark
Lavenderloom
MellonCollie
1Mare1
Jenna horse
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

Contribution Points : 58772
Forum Reputation : 0

Who would you date  Empty
PostSubject: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Personally if I could choose I would probably do Dylan cause I like boys who aren’t classically handsome and I like tall guys who would you choose
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61694
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm

None, I am a straight male. I am sure most would pick Dylan with height as one of the main reasons.
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

Contribution Points : 58714

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 2:01 pm

I'd pass on both of them

Lavenderloom

Contribution Points : 58722

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Back then i would have choosen Eric!!! But Maybe Dylan, it depends on who would be a better boyfriend! But they are gone now so ill never know!

*NOT a fan girl
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 12:26 am

Even if I was gay, I wouldn't date them.

Giga143

Giga143

Contribution Points : 60898

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 am

Even if i was gay and the three of were the last people on earth i still wouldnt date them.
Back to top Go down
Mirwais500

Mirwais500

Contribution Points : 59313
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 am

I wouldn't date either because I am a straight male. But if I was gay I guess I would date Dylan

Last edited by Mirwais500 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I changed my mind)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:07 am

Dylan. Eric was too clingy.
Back to top Go down
Holloka

Holloka

Contribution Points : 66773

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:22 am

Love you guys, but this topic reeks of tumblr...

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:51 am

Holloka wrote:

Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

It's a slippery slope, next thing you know there will be questions like EC gets on her blog. Lots of questions about dick and a scene in Hitmen for Hire...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

It's a slippery slope, next thing you know there will be questions like EC gets on her blog. Lots of questions about dick and a scene in Hitmen for Hire...

Sweet baby Jesus!Shocked I had almost forgotten about that!Haha Roll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:39 pm

[quote="ShadowedGoddess"]
Holloka wrote:

For sure it does. I thought of Tumblr when I read the title.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:40 pm

lol!
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

Sweet baby Jesus!Shocked  I had almost forgotten about that!Haha Roll  

lol! I recently discovered that, now I can't Unsee it

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
lol!
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

I remember reading somewhere on Tumblr that a lot of the Fangirls complained about looking up E&D's autopsy records in the hopes of trying to find their actual penis sizes, then were SO upset when they weren't listed!  complaint  Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:59 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
lol!
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

I remember reading somewhere on Tumblr that a lot of the Fangirls complained about looking up E&D's autopsy records in the hopes of trying to find their actual penis sizes, then were SO upset when they weren't listed!  complaint  Haha

Oh my. In all seriousness it's so cut and dry they probably just notate abnormalities. Probably not thinking "damn he was packing, too bad he's dead"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
lol!
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

Oh my. In all seriousness it's so cut and dry they probably just notate abnormalities. Probably not thinking "damn he was packing, too bad he's dead"

I just couldn't believe that these poor deluded girls actually thought the medical examiner would have whipped out a tape measure for that. I mean there were more pressing issues at hand. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 3:06 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
lol!
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Holloka wrote:

Haha

I just couldn't believe that these poor deluded girls actually thought the medical examiner would have whipped out a tape measure for that. I mean there were more pressing issues at hand. Rolling Eyes

Plus Dylan was underaged as well... shudders.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63964

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Maybe Dylan freshman year before he got so fucked up, otherwise none.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66628
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 pm

I cannot answer this question...I am ten years older than the boys were when they died. I don't even think I could answer it as if I was their age without feeling creepy about it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I cannot answer this question...I am ten years older than the boys were when they died. I don't even think I could answer it as if I was their age without feeling creepy about it.

I was the same age as them and while when it first happened I will confess I was a bit taken by Eric I feel creepy answering it since I'm in my 30's now, though they'd be in their 30's too..

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I was the same age as them and while when it first happened I will confess I was a bit taken by Eric I feel creepy answering it since I'm in my 30's now, though they'd be in their 30's too..

I feel like that's a little less creepy considering at one point you were their age. But I was 9 in 1999 so either way it would have been wrong LOL

The question itself is strange, since I don't know anyone personally who would want to date a mass murderer. But if we are strictly taking the good traits and their interests into consideration I guess I can understand it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks Littlelo!

I assumed the question was before the massacre. If I was a student at CHS, I wouldn't have wanted to be dating either of them on 4/20 that is for sure.

I wonder how many of these girls would have written to them in prison? It kind of makes me sad because I don't think they wanted female attention in that way.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:38 pm

They would have had a ton of fan girls most likely writing to them. Look at Charles Manson...he didn't even technically kill anyone and he had young women wanting to marry him when he was in his 80s.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74301
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Holloka wrote:

I second this.

Not to be the buzzkill in the room, but realistically the only reason anyone outside of Littleton (and the other towns Eric lived in) knows or cares about who E&D were is b/c of the shooting. Their infamy is what makes them seem appealing and I guess mysterious to some people, and since we have all their writings available on the internet for our viewing pleasure all these years later, we have knowledge of a lot of their deeper thoughts and feelings that those around them at the time didn't have.

But honestly, if you only knew E&D the way their classmates knew them, without having seen and analyzed all their writings and only saw what they wanted you to see - what their classmates saw of them, would you still want to date them? Would you still wanna date Eric if all you saw of him was a defensive hothead who lost his shit regularly? Would you still wanna date Dylan if you caught wind of his arrogant attitude or witnessed him shoving a girl in gym class? Something about them (that only people who encountered them in Person experienced) kept them from being successful with the opposite sex, and those of us who didn't know them can't really say if we would've dated them based off of what we *assume* they were like. Just b/c they have cute senior pics and were tortured souls doesn't mean they would've been good boyfriend material. The longer I've been interested in the subject the more it's become almost a joke at this point. It's like E&D have become fictional characters from some popular book or movie series with all the fangirling going on.

johncena and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Kiwik wrote:
Holloka wrote:

I second this.

Not to be the buzzkill in the room, but realistically the only reason anyone outside of Littleton (and the other towns Eric lived in) knows or cares about who E&D were is b/c of the shooting.  Their infamy is what makes them seem appealing and I guess mysterious to some people, and since we have all their writings available on the internet for our viewing pleasure all these years later, we have knowledge of a lot of their deeper thoughts and feelings that those around them at the time didn't have.  

But honestly, if you only knew E&D the way their classmates knew them, without having seen and analyzed all their writings and only saw what they wanted you to see - what their classmates saw of them, would you still want to date them?  Would you still wanna date Eric if all you saw of him was a defensive hothead who lost his shit regularly? Would you still wanna date Dylan if you caught wind of his arrogant attitude or witnessed him shoving a girl in gym class?  Something about them (that only people who encountered them in Person experienced) kept them from being successful with the opposite sex, and those of us who didn't know them can't really say if we would've dated them based off of what we *assume* they were like.  Just b/c they have cute senior pics and were tortured souls doesn't mean they would've been good boyfriend material. The longer I've been interested in the subject the more it's become almost a joke at this point.  It's like E&D have become fictional characters from some popular book or movie series with all the fangirling going on.

I concur, though I was pretty damn arrogant in high school with a temper so who knows?

Also you could never be a buzzkill, I like when you post! Smile

There would be a whole other post about how crappy they would have been as boyfriends. They needed to work on themselves a whole lot more than finding a date, but they were kids, it wasn't their concern.  Sure some of their friends speak fondly of them (Susan, Robyn, Devon and Nate) but there is a huge difference in dating someone vs being friends with them. I have known a lot of people in my life that were wonderful people but dear lord they were different people in relationships and it boggled my mind.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:15 am

This is all gonna be a really long tangent, but I've said this before on here at some point, but in reality if all e&d's current day admirers knew them when they were alive, they probably would've treated them the same way the girls back then treated them. Eric would be been seen as weird and Dylan would be been seen as having greasy hair. In that massive fucking school with a crap ton of other kids, the only thing that probably really stood out about e&d was maybe their choice of attire (which was still relatively tame compared to other kids who shared their interests in those days). And being a depressed and/or angry teenager kinda came with the times, so it's not like e&d were tortured anomalies.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it but the reality is that e&d were geeks. Pretty sure their fangirls went/go to school with plenty of geeks that are scarily similar to e&d that they couldn't give less of a shit about. And all b/c those geeks didn't commit mass murder, aren't world known and weren't made out to be these badboy supervillains by the media like e&d were. That's the only reason anyone cares about e&d at all. Had they lived and not done the shooting, no one would think they were these stunningly gorgeous unicorns deserving of infinite love or whatever. They would just be seen as average looking anybodies that no one outside of the people in their personal lives would give a shit about, and it just gets under my skin.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being interested in e&d, or to even feel sorry for them. I personally can relate to both of them, particularly Eric a lot. But to fantasize about them out of obsession and infatuation and spam everything up about it is kinda ridiculous (and cheapens the interest). I mean, they're DEAD. I guess I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83552
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:29 am

I wonder if any of Eric's fangirls enjoy the work of Stanislaw Lem and what they think about when they look at the stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 am

Kiwik wrote:
This is all gonna be a really long tangent, but I've said this before on here at some point, but in reality if all e&d's current day admirers knew them when they were alive, they probably would've treated them the same way the girls back then treated them. Eric would be been seen as weird and Dylan would be been seen as having greasy hair. In that massive fucking school with a crap ton of other kids, the only thing that probably really stood out about e&d was maybe their choice of attire (which was still relatively tame compared to other kids who shared their interests in those days). And being a depressed and/or angry teenager kinda came with the times, so it's not like e&d were tortured anomalies.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it but the reality is that e&d were geeks. Pretty sure their fangirls went/go to school with plenty of geeks that are scarily similar to e&d that they couldn't give less of a shit about. And all b/c those geeks didn't commit mass murder, aren't world known and weren't made out to be these badboy supervillains by the media like e&d were. That's the only reason anyone cares about e&d at all. Had they lived and not done the shooting, no one would think they were these stunningly gorgeous unicorns deserving of infinite love or whatever. They would just be seen as average looking anybodies that no one outside of the people in their personal lives would give a shit about, and it just gets under my skin.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being interested in e&d, or to even feel sorry for them. I personally can relate to both of them, particularly Eric a lot. But to fantasize about them out of obsession and infatuation and spam everything up about it is kinda ridiculous (and cheapens the interest). I mean, they're DEAD. I guess I just don't get it.

Agree 100%! I have posted several times that most of these fangirls would run screaming if ever faced with E&D or someone even remotely like them. It is so easy to say what you would have done for people who have been dead for longer then most these little girls have been alive.  Rolling Eyes Dealing with someone who had obvious mental issues, personality disorders, etc is a whole different story all together.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 8:55 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

Agree 100%! I have posted several times that most of these fangirls would run screaming if ever faced with E&D or someone even remotely like them. It is so easy to say what you would have done for people who have been dead for longer then most these little girls have been alive.  Rolling Eyes Dealing with someone who had obvious mental issues, personality disorders, etc is a whole different story all together.

Why would the girls run screaming if they were just regular geeks? I feel more like they would just generally be ignored by girls. I would totally ignore them but I didn't interpret the question to be so serious and out of a realistic point of view.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 am

Some of us were geeks in HS with no friends... like me Sad Eric and Dylan would have been more popular than me.

I'm fine now Smile

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 am

I just don't think this question can be answered objectively, knowing what the boys were planning. There is a clear pattern, especially with Eric, of girls finding something "off" about him. Dylan was just socially awkward, so maybe if he had been a little more persistent he could have found someone.
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am

I agree with littlelo but I was a bit awkward in high school so like Dylan I didn’t have a boyfriend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 am

munchkinphone wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

Why would the girls run screaming if they were just regular geeks? I feel more like they would just generally be ignored by girls. I would totally ignore them but I didn't interpret the question to be so serious and out of a realistic point of view.

By saying "run screaming" I simply meant that most "Fangirls" likely would have been put off by them too. The way they acted, the vibes they sent out etc, would have the same effect on today's "Fangirls" as it seemed to on the girls who knew Eric & Dylan back then.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Some of us were geeks in HS with no friends... like me Sad Eric and Dylan would have been more popular than me.

I'm fine now Smile

Me too, but in my school almost all boys where more popular than all girls for some reason. Maybe in their school I would've been more popular but still below them probably.

There is a part of the Eric in columbine video where the guy next to him asks about the girl if it is the same girl he met earlier and Eric answers: PFff.. No.

I think this shows he did not want to be involved with unpopular girls. Musn't he have had some success with the popular girls in order to afford that kind of attitude or was he just ignorant?

Dylan however even mentions "not being popular" as a favourable trait in a girl.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

By saying "run screaming" I simply meant that most "Fangirls" likely would have been put off by them too. The way they acted, the vibes they sent out etc, would have the same effect on today's "Fangirls" as it seemed to on the girls who knew Eric & Dylan back then.

oh, my bad. I literally thought you ment they would scream out of horror LOL
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 am

munchkinphone wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I'm fine now Smile

Me too, but in my school almost all boys where more popular than all girls for some reason. Maybe in their school I would've been more popular but still below them probably.

There is a part of the Eric in columbine video where the guy next to him asks about the girl if it is the same girl he met earlier and Eric answers: PFff.. No.

I think this shows he did not want to be involved with unpopular girls. Musn't he have had some success with the popular girls in order to afford that kind of attitude or was he just ignorant?

Dylan however even mentions "not being popular" as a favourable trait in a girl.

You make a good point about that difference between E&D. Although Eric did call Sasha "trendy" as if it were a bad thing. He could have just been bitter though.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 am

Littlelo wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I'm fine now Smile

You make a good point about that difference between E&D. Although Eric did call Sasha "trendy" as if it were a bad thing. He could have just been bitter though.

I would guess he was just being bitter but I would love more context on that, do you have a source?
He had many contradictory beliefs.

Does anybody know wether the girls Dylan liked where popular? I mean, he didn't like Robyn even though he seemed to be able to get a crush quite easily. She was kind of geeky but still attractive so maybe Dylan was also more into popular girls and just mentioned the "not being popular" in that particular case.
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 am

Maybe girls just didn’t think Dylan was that handsome
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:27 am

Chris Morris had a girlfriend and he was not attractive IMO. I think Dylan could have found someone.
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:30 am

I agree there had to be some girl who would have seen Dylan different than other people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am

Jenna horse wrote:
I agree there had to be some girl who would have seen Dylan different than other people

There was. Robyn apparently did to a certain degree, but Dylan showed no interest in her romantically.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Mark Manes had a gf and he honestly gives me pause, maybe it's the fact he said he didn't know E and D were in HS and the way they were shoring freaked him out but he said nothing.... I'm sure he's different now, one can hope.

According to friends Robyn had a huge crush on him even people at the gun show said she was laying on thick.  I don't think he necessarily didn't like her because she was popular / wasn't popular I think he just wasn't feeling it. The thing that annoys me is the whole Beggars  can't be choosers thing . It's not fair to go out with somebody that really likes you if you don't like them back in that way.

Dylan was super shy as well so he probably put off an air that he didn't want to be talked to. You don't know what goes through peoples minds every day he could've had a lot of admirers the never approached him.

Marla was really pretty but didn't hang with the "in" crowd and Dylan liked her and she liked him enough to say she would've gone  to prom with him had she not had a date already.

Littlelo, it sure is. Sad

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:11 pm

I wonder who Marla went to prom with. She wasn't a senior that year.

I agree, Dylan didn't want to be with Robyn and he should not have simply settled for her. When you strictly look at someone like a friend, it's really hard to change your mind even if they have feelings.

There is someone out there for everyone. I think if Dylan had gone to college he would have found someone. He was mature and pensive, and could have had a fresh start.

Depression is a bitch.

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

Contribution Points : 58714

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Kiwik wrote:

THIS
I can't count how many times I have seen people post that they could change the outcome of the massacre if they went to Columbine during that time.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 2:45 pm

I agree with the post above so much. All of the girls who wish they had gone to school with E&D as if they could have changed/fixed them most likely would not have been interested in them or treated them any different than most people. Having similar interests is fine, but just because you like computers and KMFDM, doesn't mean you would have been able to change the outcome. They were depressed and had severe mental problems.

It's ok to sympathize with what they went through emotionally and mentally. And you can even speculate as to which of them you would have been more interested in at that time. But anything above that is a bit ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Littlelo, agreed. I think some of it comes from compassion and wishing for a different outcome. They had people who cared for them and even if you were also someone in their friend group, it's nothing a fellow kid could have stopped.

It's like when people say "I would have listened to them because no one else did" you'd have to get them talk first.

Holloka

Contribution Points : 66773

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Loosely connected to this topic, and I am aware many don't share this opinion of mine, but I also find myself shocked when I hear people say that a girlfriend would have solved their problems, or would have prevented the massacre. It sounds infinitely gullible and naive to even imply that a relationship can take away mental illness - it's always the other way around. E & D didn't simply have some mild melancholy, they had very severe mental problems, with it's usual, devastating effects to show for it. Some high-school sweetheart or sex would have no chance in curing that, even professionals struggle with providing adequate help. I guess what I am trying to say is that it bothers me how some people (especially amongst the E&D fangirls) dismiss mental illness like it's the common cold. It's a terrifying and powerful thing that you can't just wish away or fix so easily.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:44 pm

MellonCollie wrote:
THIS
I can't count how many times I have seen people post that they could change the outcome of the massacre if they went to Columbine during that time.

I know, right. It's so easy to say things like that after the fact when we have so much information about them available.  I guess it just bugs me how people act like they would've make an exception for Eric and Dylan, yet they choose to ignore all the Eric and Dylan types in their own lives.   Before the shooting E&D weren't special from any other kids with their interests.  They were a dime a dozen as far as 90s kids in America go (and on the geeky side at that).  And just b/c people fantasize about the idea of going to that school during that time period, it still doesn't mean they would've dated them. B/c without the shooting, E&D are just regular guys, no different than all the other regular guys that went to that school.  Eric blends in with the kids he walks around with in that cafeteria video, and Dylan looks like every 90s kid ever that wore band tshirts.  I even had that NIN shirt he's wearing at the end of the cafeteria video, as did pretty much every kid at my school that listened to NIN. But the point is no one was throwing themselves at them then, when they were actually alive.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] well said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who would you date
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next