Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legally visit Columbine?

Go down 
+8
Juicy Jazzy
Screamingophelia
Sane One
Lizpuff
Draw_It_White
Littlelo
spidEr
boringguy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 82935
Forum Reputation : 25

Legally visit Columbine? Empty
PostSubject: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

Does anyone know of any legal ways to visit Columbine? I'm finally in a place where I can afford the costs and have the time. I recall someone on here mentioning how the school occasionally hosts events which are open to the public. Are there any other options?
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

buy a ticket to one of their plays, they have big productions there.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66753
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 am

Do they ever have memorial services? If they have a public event or something similar it might be possible. Although I'm not sure it would be in the school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is right, school plays or maybe a sporting event would be another way, but I wonder if they are more strict about who they let in.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am

I use to talk to one of the coach's there, she told me that it is open to the public in the beginning of the year, they do tours for the public who are thinking about letting their kid's join.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98268
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 am

I’m there for the anniversary this time and awaiting news on any memorial service. I’m guessing it will be in the park and at the memorial itself rather than in the school. It’s a Friday in 2018 and I am lead to believe the school won’t be closed like in previous years.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
I’m there for the anniversary this time and awaiting news on any memorial service. I’m guessing it will be in the park and at the memorial itself rather than in the school. It’s a Friday in 2018 and I am lead to believe the school won’t be closed like in previous years.

Thanks for that info. I'm over 1700 miles from Littleton, but one day I really want to visit.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

Littlelo wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Thanks for that info. I'm over 1700 miles from Littleton, but one day I really want to visit.

According to Google i’m 4,524 miles away so I feel your pain. I thought if I don’t do it now I never will so just booked it!
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:27 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

According to Google i’m 4,524 miles away so I feel your pain. I thought if I don’t do it now I never will so just booked it!

That's awesome. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

I actually have family in CO so I really have no excuse not to go Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

Im heading to CO in August for a wedding. Will be in Lakewood. I plan to make a stop at the memorial

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:40 am

Looks like we’re all going at some point next year! We should have all chosen the same time of year and had a message board meet up!
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 pm

lucky! I am all the way in Europe. Colorado just looks like an ideal place to me, my version of heaven isn't clouds its mountains and wilderness and that place sums it up. Absolute paradise.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Looks like we’re all going at some point next year! We should have all chosen the same time of year and had a message board meet up!

Hahah! My bro just sprung his wedding on all of us. I knew future SIL was from Littleton. But now I get a fun summer trip to CO which I have never been to and get to visit a place I am fascinated by all at the same time!

Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Ok guys, let's take a forum member field trip, lol
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 85098
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Colorado is one of the few states in America where majority of people will agree it’s definitely worth a visit but you Definitely need money to live out there and play. Even back then when everything went down, the houses of Eric and Dylan aren’t cheap.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193482
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 pm

I'm going to the memorial tomorrow. a blogger went to Columbine for a work thing at one point by I don't know that you can just go in.

I passed king soopers. Got way too much of a kick out of it
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I'm going to the memorial tomorrow. a blogger went to Columbine for a work thing at one point by I don't know that you can just go in.

I passed king  soopers. Got way too much of a kick out of it

It must be pretty crazy being there! Especially after reading and hearing about places, and even seeing pictures. Must be strange when you finally see the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I passed king  soopers. Got way too much of a kick out of it

It must be pretty crazy being there! Especially after reading and hearing about places, and even seeing pictures. Must be strange when you finally see the real thing.

It is and I don't have anyone to talk to about it but you guys. Smile So yay.

People I spoke to about the symposium today were actually very kind towards Sue and what she is doing.

King Soopers strikes me as a Trader Joes type place.

Everyone is also VERY friendly and it snowed tonight which made me happy. I'm off to bed soon, I've been up since 2am. I don't know how I am functioning.

I am also going to go to Red Rock Canyon, I think you can hike there during the day.

It reminds me of a cross between some of the cities in the outskirts of Los Angeles and where I grew up but with views of the Rocky Mountains.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:15 am

I’m excited for you and i’m not even there!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Glad I at least get to share everything with you all.

Getting a sandwich and headed to Clement Park. Then going into Denver for dinner and drinks.

Sprouts is located next to what could be the infamous Outback lol

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Wow you guys are lucky I live in Ontario Sad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Mystic808 wrote:

I grew up across the border from Ontario in the Falls!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:15 am

99% sure that one of the actors at the Makeshift Shakespeare company, when the actors announced their names said Nick Baumgart , no joke. I'm trying to confirm
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98794
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:12 am

There was a user here from New Zealand who went as far as pretending to be a student to go inside the school and take video and pictures (he even faked an American accent when a teacher asked him what he was doing). Jeffco police contacted NZ police when they noticed what he had done and he nearly got into big trouble for it. So be careful whatever you do down there. I would love to visit sometime but I'm poor and I live in Australia so it is hard for me to do so unless I find myself in the USA at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:26 am

Totally. I think I'm a bit older than that kid was too Smile

What he did wasn't too bright.

Contribution Points : 75908

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 am

I would be careful...I've been in twice. I bought tickets to a play. This last time in April I was followed out of the school all the way off the property but the cop didn't speak to me. The school has signs up that are new that say they have the right to remove anyone and not to record etc. They were there this year but not in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:37 am

That's odd, since plays are open to the public. If you can buy a ticket there shouldn't be an issue. Was the play good?

I was across the street from the school grabbing my lyft so no one noticed me. Again, I wouldn't go skulking around a HS.

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 66135
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 am

I wouldn't see the need for going there now, since the inside has been apparently remodeled, so the inside probably doesn't even look anymore the way it did when Eric and Dylan were there. No, I'd love to visit and even spend a night in Dylan and Eric's parents' houses, to feel the emotions and the thoughts that both teens felt and had while living in those homes. I even think in doing that, you would have a great chance of having a paranormal visit/encounter from both teens, as I believe residue of their spirits still remains in that house.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75908

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
That's odd, since plays are open to the public. If you can buy a ticket there shouldn't be an issue. Was the play good?

I was across the street from the school grabbing my lyft so no one noticed me. Again, I wouldn't go skulking around a HS.

play was awful. I won't be going back in ha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Lol!

I expected more

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:27 pm

I know all school plays at my high school were awful too (I was a student rep in year 11 and 12 so I had to go to every one those years). I think schools mainly use them so students get used to acting in front of big crowds, to temper their nerves... real acting skills are learned post graduation.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 78916
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 8:12 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
There was a user here from New Zealand who went as far as pretending to be a student to go inside the school and take video and pictures (he even faked an American accent when a teacher asked him what he was doing). Jeffco police contacted NZ police when they noticed what he had done and he nearly got into big trouble for it. So be careful whatever you do down there. I would love to visit sometime but I'm poor and I live in Australia so it is hard for me to do so unless I find myself in the USA at some point in the future.

I wouldn't say I almost got in big trouble but yeah...I guess be careful and make sure you have a good American accent Razz
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 8:15 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Actually I think it was pretty bright given that it gave me complete closure on an obsession which had been plaguing me for years. I think I went about it smart (brought a girl so it looked less suspicious, brought a hat of the local ice hockey team, thought quickly and stayed calm when confronted with a teacher, figured out how to slip into the school unnoticed).

What wasn't bright was sharing my footage with you donkeys Razz
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67953
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Sorry but that just sounds creepy as hell. The school isn't there for you to find closure.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 pm

limpfisch wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Actually I think it was pretty bright given that it gave me complete closure on an obsession which had been plaguing me for years. I think I went about it smart (brought a girl so it looked less suspicious, brought a hat of the local ice hockey team, thought quickly and stayed calm when confronted with a teacher, figured out how to slip into the school unnoticed).

I've never seen it, so please refrain from calling me that. I'll refrain from saying your actions weren't bright.

There's no reason people should go into the school if they don't need to be.

Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Szabo wrote:
Sorry but that just sounds creepy as hell. The school isn't there for you to find closure.

And I'm not here to fit your constraints of normality.
I wanted to be inside the school, I wanted to get a feel for the culture of the school, I wanted to see what it looked like, blah blah. I went in, walked from the east entrance down to the cafeteria and out the doors; I harmed no one.

Stop being so straight and narrow minded.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
limpfisch wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I've never seen it, so please refrain from calling me that. I'll refrain from saying your actions weren't bright.

There's no reason people should go into the school if they don't need to be.

Personally, I needed to go into the school. Glad I did, would do it the same all over again.
Sure, we have a deal.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 pm

limpfisch wrote:
I wouldn't say I almost got in big trouble but yeah...I guess be careful and make sure you have a good American accent Razz
Nice to see you're still around on this board. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Mystic808 wrote:

I grew up across the border from Ontario in the Falls!

You grew up in niagra/ buffalo? cool! I have never been to niagra falls but would love to go someday. now that i can afford in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legally visit Columbine?   Legally visit Columbine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legally visit Columbine?
Page 1 of 1