Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I visit the school?

Go down 
+5
slippy123
KMFDM
LPorter101
Screamingophelia
zey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zey

Contribution Points : 55854
Forum Reputation : 0

Should I visit the school? Empty
PostSubject: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi all, planning on a trip out west this Fall and was wondering if it's worth it to head out to Colorado and pay my respects at the school and the memorial. I'd like to hear thoughts from those who have visited the site, and if it is indeed worth it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:19 pm

The memorial yes, Absolutely. You will see the school as well especially from rebel hill . But please do not go near the school especially when it’s in session. That’s one of the reasons they’re thinking of tearing it down. Sad

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:16 pm

In this thread you can see some videos taken inside the school:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As you can see, it looks like ... a school. The kids who go there just think of it as an ordinary building.

Contribution Points : 48993
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Go if you want to. You can see the memorial and look at the school building from a bit further away, but please don't go to the schoolyard or the building. Leave the students and staff alone.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:56 am

If you want to go for you then you should.
We've already seen millions of photos of the school and memorial, so it won't be anything new for us.
But if it really interests you, then by all means go check it out.

Just be aware that they have kicked people out for stepping a few feet into the park lot while trying to film.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64612
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:33 am

zey wrote:
Hi all, planning on a trip out west this Fall and was wondering if it's worth it to head out to Colorado and pay my respects at the school and the memorial. I'd like to hear thoughts from those who have visited the site, and if it is indeed worth it.

Just go. The restricted areas are clearly marked and fenced off, so don't worry about accidentally going where you're not supposed and getting in trouble. If I can fumble my way around the park before sunrise after an all night drinking binge without getting in trouble then you will be fine, just don't push your luck and start ignoring signs or climbing fences.

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64612
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 2:48 pm

Also I'll tell you something that nobody ever talks about. Clement park is swarming with ground dwelling rodents (gophers? prairie dogs?) You'll hear a noise in the cold dead of night and swear someone is about to mug your ass only to turn around and see a little burrowing rat staring at you. You hear them constantly and it will make you paranoid because you think someone is behind you or maybe it's a larger animal like a coyote.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 4:45 pm

There are golphers everywhere

Heinrich94

Contribution Points : 83480
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Just don't be a twat and go places you aren't supposed to. Don't give them more reason to demolish the school and don't give them more reason to think people like use are all weirdos/creeps, please

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59665
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
There are golphers everywhere

Actually they're prarie dogs and yep they're all over the south part of Clement Park!!
Back to top Go down
Miasmom1028

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 48607
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Do not go to the school. They have a strong police presence for this reason. They will even ticket you for trespassing if you do. Just go to the memorial.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59665
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am

Miasmom1028 wrote:
Do not go to the school. They have a strong police presence for this reason. They will even ticket you for trespassing if you do. Just go to the memorial.

This! And out of respect for students and the community. This is the main reason they want to tear the school, my school, down. I don't buy the structual issue crap most of the schools in Denver Aurora Lakewood etc are way older and they're not trying ro tear them down. So yeah. Please!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I visit the school?   Should I visit the school? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I visit the school?
Page 1 of 1