Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The car bombs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103044
Forum Reputation : 235

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm starting a new topic on this one because I haven't been able to find a thread on this forum solely about the car bombs. The reason I'm posting this because it has occurred to me that the car bombs could have changed the whole shooting.

Dylan meant for his carbomb to go off at 11 a.m. It went off at 11 p.m. If it had gone off when it was meant to, I think it would have ruined the plan for them. Think about it.

At 11 a.m. class was still in session so very few people would have been in the parking lot. Even fewer would have been close to Dylan's car, so it's very unlikely that the bomb would have hurt anyone. What it would have done was set off a panic, a panic that I believe would have sent people running in the other direction, away from where Eric and Dylan were waiting. People outside would have run inside to get away from the parking lot, people inside would have streamed out of the school on the opposite side. At least I hope that's what would have happened when a bomb went off.

So, if it had happened the way they had meant for it to happen, it would have ruined everything. The cafeteria bombs were set to explode at 11:17 a.m. but the cafeteria would surely have emptied after the carbomb went off and Eric and Dylan would have been faced with a lot of people running away from them well before they were ready to start shooting.

What do you guys think? Am I missing things here? I'd love to know if I'm in the ballpark on this one.

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66503
Forum Reputation : 90

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

I don't know if it was ever known or made public what time the car bombs were set to go off, is there anything to document this?

11am doesn't make sense. I think they wanted them to go off at a time they knew LE would be on the scene.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if it was ever known or made public what time the car bombs were set to go off, is there anything to document this?

11am doesn't make sense. I think they wanted them to go off at a time they knew LE would be on the scene.

I'm not entirely sure where the information comes from, I'll have to see if I can find it, but I always thought it made sense. The bomb went off at 11 p.m. It's entirely possible that he got the a.m. and p.m. mixed up, but to get the time wrong? Surely he would have checked that?

Littlelo

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:25 pm

They wanted to set the car bombs for 11:18am.

We know they did not go off then, but unknown if they actually ended up setting them for that time. I would assume they did though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 pm

So if they wanted them to go off at 11:18 a.m., they probably went off at 11:18 p.m. and not 11 p.m. Damn internet, can't trust anybody.

This still begs the question though. They set the cafeteria bombs to blow up and force people out of the cafeteria. They hoped people would run towards them. Why set more bombs in the parking lot, forcing people away from where they were waiting?
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 pm

From my understanding, they wanted to injure law enforcement who would be in that area.

Is there anything that confirms the bombs went off at night? I thought the police detonated them that day.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Littlelo wrote:
From my understanding, they wanted to injure law enforcement who would be in that area.

Is there anything that confirms the bombs went off at night? I thought the police detonated them that day.

Ah, I got my information from acolumbinesite.com. I knew I'd read it somewhere, now I know where.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

I thought the police accidentally detonated Dylan's car bomb that night too. I remember seeing it live.

Littlelo

Littlelo

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:37 pm

There is footage of the bomb in Dylan's car being detonated floating around. It was still light out, so I don't believe his went off at 11pm. Not sure about Eric's car though.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Littlelo wrote:

That would've been just one minute after the cafeteria bombs. They'd have to run like hell or get blown up themselves, and if I had to guess few people would've been caught in the car bomb's blast. I doubt they set it for 11:18, surely they would've known how dumb that would be? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Littlelo

Littlelo

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:41 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

That would've been just one minute after the cafeteria bombs. They'd have to run like hell or get blown up themselves, and if I had to guess few people would've been caught in the car bomb's blast. I doubt they set it for 11:18, surely they would've known how dumb that would be? Or is there something I'm missing here?

This is why I'm skeptical that they did set them for that time, even though it's what Dylan wrote in his planner. It makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Littlelo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

This is why I'm skeptical that they did set them for that time, even though it's what Dylan wrote in his planner. It makes no sense.

Maybe it was a typo? Like it was supposed to be 12:18, or some other time? It doesn't help that their handwriting is very sloppy.

Littlelo

Littlelo

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:55 pm

What's strange is they say they want to set the cafeteria bombs for 11:17 and then their cars for 1 minute later. So it's harder for me to think that was a mistake. It's like they wanted them to go off in rapid succession to maximize the confusion.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 12:48 am

The car bombs never detonated/exploded that day.

The video you see is the police robot using a disruptor on Dylan's car. Bomb tech's do that to disable/destroy a bomb's detonator, etc.

The 11:00pm or later explosion on 4/20 was an accidental explosion when placing the pipe bombs, etc. into bomb disposal.

As for the time that the car bombs to detonate, well that is up for speculation. Nowhere that I know of does it say when.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:43 am

Ahh ok that makes sense. I remember them saying they had to do something to Dylan's car. What ever happened with the bomb in Eric's?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Same thing as Dylan's - the bomb was diffused/disrupted and then safely removed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car bombs   The car bombs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The car bombs
Page 1 of 1