Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The book of revelations inspired Dylan?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 64064
Forum Reputation : 0

The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Eric and Dylan called themselves and their friends the four horsemen which is a symbolic tale from the book of revelations in the bible.
The tale describes the inevitable destiny of the world.

After finding similarities between the painting of the four horsemen and one of Dylans drawings I took it upon myself to read the book of revelations where the four horsemen appear. I found multiple quotes in the text which can be tied to stuff that at least Dylan wrote in his journal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will go through the things I have found which suggests Dylan (and partly Eric) was inspired by the book of revelations:

The text describes a man sitting on a throne - something Dylan has describes himself as in a Dream if I remember correctly.

The text describes a book (scroll) that cannot be opened by any man except Jesus - Dylans book "existences" can only be opened by himself (according to himself).

"Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures" - in the drawing above Dylan has drawn the contrasting symbol with four rays and four downwardspirals around it, where in the original painting the lamb should be.

"Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!”" - Dylan has drawn thunder on the picture above.

"They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” - well anyone can realize how this is something they might have felt a connection with.

"Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,were killed just as they had been." - WHITE ROBES? white robes... black trenchcoats. You see what I'm saying?

So this is why I think Dylan might have been inspired by the book of revelations... basically making his own version of it with black trenchcoats instead of white robes and the contrasting symbol instead of the lamb.

So what do you guys think of all this? Farfetched? Interesting? or pure nonsense?

I was so excited when I just thought I was gonna look up the four horsemen real quick and found all these similarities. Hopefully someone will feel the same. Razz

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96399
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Well Dylan was raised in a semi religious household so I am sure he at one point in his life heard the book of Revelations. And we know he would find deep meaning in things so if it stood out to him I could see him taking it and putting his own spin on it.

Also when he thinks of himself as a god....

Or it could all just be a coincidence something about how if you look for ties you will find them.... I am not sure though. I saw you post that drawing earlier and I thought what you said made a lot of sense

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:19 pm

That is an interesting concept, as Dylan did talk A LOT about God and the concept of good vs evil in his journal.  He seemed to almost be debating himself in his writings. Sometimes he would write as if he was trying to atone for what he considered his sins, then other times he sound very contemptuous of God.

I think Dylan was very confused and didn't truly understand the concept of religion, so when he slipped farther down the spiral he lapsed into a very mocking nature when he talked about God and faith in general.

As time went by he wanted to be or thought of himself as a God, so maybe he did take something from Revelations that he could understand and made the drawing with his own symbols in it.

I think Revelations would have tied into what the E&D wanted to feel like or be at that time.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Do people learn about christianity in high school in America?

Do you think Dylan presented the idea to call themselves the four horsemen or was it something they discovered together in class or something?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Do people learn about christianity in high school in America?

Do you think Dylan presented the idea to call themselves the four horsemen or was it something they discovered together in class or something?

No, not unless you are going to a religious school.

Here your Religion is mostly a home taught thing.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Haha well Dylan was a Jew and that religion is based on the old testament

maybe him getting into the new testament was some weird way of rebelling against his parents.. or the world as he knew it in general scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193457
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Well Dylan was raised in a semi religious household so I am sure he at one point in his life heard the book of Revelations.  And we know he would find deep meaning in things so if it stood out to him I could see him taking it and putting his own spin on it.

Or it could all just be a coincidence something about how if you look for ties you will find them.... I am not sure though.  I saw you post that drawing earlier and I thought what you said made a lot of sense

After he was arrested Sue said "if you follow nothing else, at least follow the 10 Commandments"

I can see him pulling from the Book of Revelations.

He is also the one who legitimately asked someone if they believed in God, then questioned why, then just quipped that god was "gay"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Well Dylan was raised in a semi religious household so I am sure he at one point in his life heard the book of Revelations.  And we know he would find deep meaning in things so if it stood out to him I could see him taking it and putting his own spin on it.

Or it could all just be a coincidence something about how if you look for ties you will find them.... I am not sure though.  I saw you post that drawing earlier and I thought what you said made a lot of sense

After he was arrested Sue said "if you follow nothing else, at least follow the 10 Commandments"

He is also the one who legitimately asked someone if they believed in God, then questioned why, then just quipped that god was "gay"

I really feel that Dylan sometimes felt like he had been abandoned by everyone even God, or he was just very mixed up and almost obsessed with the concept between good and evil. It was always in his mind.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:29 pm

haha You cant say the name! It's like the voldemort of this forum. I love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:30 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
haha You cant say the name! It's like the voldemort of this forum. I love it.

I know I was like WTF! So I had to change my post! Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:31 pm

That thing that must not be named..... Roll   E-V-E-R-L-A-S-T-I-N-G    C-O-N-T-R-A-S-T!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I really feel that Dylan sometimes felt like he had been abandoned by everyone even God, or he was just very mixed up and almost obsessed with the concept between good and evil. It was always in his mind.

I am so interested in learning more about this entity that overtook Dylan.

I wonder how/when i got so fucked up... my mind, existence, problem - when Dylan Benet Klebold got covered up by this entity containing Dylan's body...

Also Dylan is SO anti establishment that he refuses to spell his dang middle name correctly.

Also speaking on a religious front, he stopped masturbating, which as many know is deemed unclean and bad by many religions. Some say he was saving that pleasure for his halcyon girl.. but if he didn't bother trying to talk to any girls OR if they were going to meet in death, it wouldn't make any difference.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
That thing that must not be named..... Roll   E-V-E-R-L-A-S-T-I-N-G    C-O-N-T-R-A-S-T!

LOL

I thought you were talked about Cave Dullen!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66728
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I think Dylan was very confused and didn't truly understand the concept of religion, so when he slipped farther down the spiral he lapsed into a very mocking nature when he talked about God and faith in general.

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The book of revelations inspired Dylan?   The book of revelations inspired Dylan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The book of revelations inspired Dylan?
Page 1 of 1