Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic park bombing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic  park bombing?  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic park bombing?    Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic  park bombing?  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 7:50 pm

I was reading the wiki for Columbine again and I found this (I havent read the Wikipedia article in years so some stuff was changed since the last time I read it):

"In Spring 1998, Harris's father caught him with a pipe bomb, and went out with him to the mountains to detonate it.[67] Klebold scared his coworkers by once bringing a pipe bomb into work.[10] After the massacre, six pipe bombs had been left in Klebold's bedroom, and two in Harris's.[63] They would give names to their pipe bombs. One left in Klebold's room was called "Atlanta",[68] presumably after the Olympic Park bombing."
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66369
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic park bombing?    Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic  park bombing?  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 10:21 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
I was reading the wiki for Columbine again and I found this (I havent read the Wikipedia article in years so some stuff was changed since the last time I read it):

"In Spring 1998, Harris's father caught him with a pipe bomb, and went out with him to the mountains to detonate it.[67] Klebold scared his coworkers by once bringing a pipe bomb into work.[10] After the massacre, six pipe bombs had been left in Klebold's bedroom, and two in Harris's.[63] They would give names to their pipe bombs. One left in Klebold's room was called "Atlanta",[68] presumably after the Olympic Park bombing."

I'm pretty sure the pipe bombs were named after Greek mythology, Atlanta and Phobos are Greek terms. More correctly E&D got the names from DOOM ,which borrowed from Greek mythology.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80747
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic park bombing?    Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic  park bombing?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 3:25 am

It's possible, but Phobos is the moon of Mars where Doom takes place and nothing about Doom has to do with Atlanta. The other pipe bomb in Dylan's room was "vengeance", which has nothing to do with Greek mythology. Peltro and Pazzi were two others, which are Italian terms, not Greek. Only Pholus was from Greek mythology. Every source I've ever seen says they think Atlanta was from the Olympic Park bombing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic park bombing?    Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic  park bombing?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan possibly inspired by Olympic park bombing?
Page 1 of 1