Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.

Go down 
+9
CuriousColumbine
Kathericat
pess1mist
VoDKaComeHere
MalonsMilk
spidEr
STK
Screamingophelia
Rebdoomer420
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.

Martin Bryant as well.
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

Contribution Points : 56705
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 2:02 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

It's not just a coincidence. Not saying that people with AS should be a target for evaluations or something along those lines, but it's definitely a big contributing factor to these events. Saying otherwise is ridiculous, all of these people were obsessed with violence and that is definitely due to their condition.

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Although there is no evidence to suggest, it is possible that Michael Ryan has AS?
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60465
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

It's not just a coincidence. Not saying that people with AS should be a target for evaluations or something along those lines, but it's definitely a big contributing factor to these events. Saying otherwise is ridiculous, all of these people were obsessed with violence and that is definitely due to their condition.  
You literally just said "so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box."
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

You literally just said "so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box."

As an individual with AS, no , i don't think we should be put in a box and i never took that statement back if you read what i said correctly. I said that aspergers, in these cases, was the main contributing factor. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it caused it, after all the hours of research i've done. Whether they were obsessed with violence or they were obsessed with being rejected by woman.. it was almost certainly the Aspergers in their personality that drove them to do what they did.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Aspergers feels maddening sometimes, to me.

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

As an individual with AS, no , i don't think we should be put in a box and i never took that statement back if you read what i said correctly.  I said that aspergers, in these cases, was the main contributing factor. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it caused it, after all the hours of research i've done. Whether they were obsessed with violence or they were obsessed with being rejected by woman.. it was almost certainly the Aspergers in their personality that drove them to  do what they did.

Actually, when Adam Lanza's Aspergers diagnosis first came out, the experts came out to say that their is no link and autism spectrum disorders is not associated with committing mass shooting. This is just one of many... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"One of the most important things I want people to know is that autism did not cause this,” says Lisa Goring, vice president of family services for Autism Speaks. “By definition, people with autism are not inclined to perform planned acts of violence. A person with autism can have other conditions too, including mental illness, but this did not happen because of autism.”
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 7:49 pm

You're not understanding what i'm saying. What i'm saying is that ALL of these people were OBSESSED WITH VIOLENCE. Being OBSESSIVE is a aspergers trait..  

Logic says that if they all have aspergers and they are all obsessed with violence.. Aspergers caused them to end up commiting a violent act.

Without the obsessions with violence, these acts would not have happened.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 pm

For these few select cases, IMO, aspergers was the main contributing factor to the end result.

Having AS doesnt mean you'll commit a violent act, but if you have aspergers and become entangled in violent culture and take it a bit too far.. Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster. The perfect mental storm.

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 7:59 pm

No, It's YOU who's not understanding...I'll repeat....
"One of the most important things I want people to know is that autism did not cause this,” says Lisa Goring, vice president of family services for Autism Speaks. “By definition, people with autism are not inclined to perform planned acts of violence. A person with autism can have other conditions too, including mental illness, but this did not happen because of autism.”
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:02 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
No, It's YOU who's not understanding...I'll repeat....

Trust me, i understand what you're trying to get across lol. I'm disregarding it because i've done more than enough of my homework to know what i'm talking about. I have aspergers and IF YOU HAVE IT AND BECOME OBSESSED WITH VIOLENCE..YOUR CONDITION CAUSED YOUR ACTIONS. It's very cut and dry my friend, if any of these people hadn't become obsessed with violence.. the shootings wouldn't have happened. If they didnt have aspergers, they wouldn't have done what they did.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 pm

The obsession with violence is what causes these things to happen in AS people. That mixed with any other trauma or mental illness. BUT the obsession is what started it and planted the seeds in their minds.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Adams obsessive need to research violence and make spreadsheets is what i'm referring to. That is most certainly something he did because of his unusually potent interest and obsession with violence. In Adams case, there is not a single doubt in my mind that his reclusive nature and obsessive personality is what drove him to the edge. You can try to argue this with me but in my mind, i know this for a fact and you are wasting your time and energy by arguing this with me.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Only AS people with interests/obsessions with violence are more prone to commit violent acts.

That is my point.

Not that AS people are violent in general.

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 59608

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Only AS people with interests/obsessions with violence are more prone to commit violent acts.

That is my point.

I have to agree with you, I work with people with autism and when they get obsessed with things, trust me it actually gets really boring really fast as thats all they will think about. Space, trains and South Park are just a few of the obsessions I have had to sit through and listen to lectures on. LOL. Its kind of funny. However, if an autistic person were to suddenly fixate on mass murderers thats when you need to worry, as Rebdoomer420 pointed out, the obsession takes a hold and gets magnified in their mind.

Adam's diagnosis certainly had something to do with his shooting, the crazy spreadsheet is a massive red flag of his deep fixation.

Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 8:51 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:

That is my point.

I have to agree with you, I work with people with autism and when they get obsessed with things, trust me it actually gets really boring really fast as thats all they will think about. Space, trains and South Park are just a few of the obsessions I have had to sit through and listen to lectures on. LOL. Its kind of funny. However, if an autistic person were to suddenly fixate on mass murderers thats when you need to worry, as Rebdoomer420 pointed out, the obsession takes a hold and gets magnified in their mind.

Adam's diagnosis certainly had something to do with his shooting, the crazy spreadsheet is a massive red flag of his deep fixation.

Thank you so much lol. YES, my point EXACTLY. cheers cheers

Contribution Points : 57915
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

Just to add to this list based on personal opinion and observation, I think that it's likely Randy Stair had high-functioning aspergers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:42 am

guiz ban the assault video games

jkjk

aspergers shooters usually have another mental illness that makes them angry and violent and upset and/or depressed because of lack of friends and socialization and awkwardness
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:45 pm

pess1mist wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Just to add to this list based on personal opinion and observation, I think that it's likely Randy Stair had high-functioning aspergers

Damn, i actually forgot to mention him as well. After watching his videos and "manifesto", yeah it'd definitely seem like he had AS.

He displayed almost every single trait so yeah, i'd almost assume he did.

Contribution Points : 55441

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 4:14 pm

I myself have Aspergers Syndrome, although the term the doctor diagnosed me with was "High Functioning Autism".

Aspergers Syndrome doesn't have much of anything to do with violence, although thankfully everyone's pointed this out already.

Some special interests - like the one Adam Lanza had - are unhealthy. Yes, it is normal for people who have special interests to spend a lot of time gathering information about the interest, but if they're getting more and more depressed and angry and the special interest is something harmful (guns, poisons, knifes or the like) that is when people should act.

Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine

Contribution Points : 55149

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:11 pm

As someone with Aspergers, I promise that not all of us are school shooters lmao

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:10 pm

CuriousColumbine wrote:
As someone with Aspergers, I promise that not all of us are school shooters lmao

All though i find it interesting that so many AS people are on this board. Myself included.

CuriousColumbine

Contribution Points : 55149

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:

All though i find it interesting that so many AS people are on this board. Myself included.

You're not wrong though actually. I sort of have a theory? Maybe it just applies to me and some other people on the AS I knew, enjoy studying human behavior. For me, I was so awkward and I had to study people to learn mannerisms and things. And that eventually evolved into just being curious about the way humans are and their psychology in general. Especially "abnormal" psychology. That's my thoughts anyway.

Rebdoomer420

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 8:26 pm

CuriousColumbine wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:

You're not wrong though actually. I sort of have a theory? Maybe it just applies to me and some other people on the AS I knew, enjoy studying human behavior. For me, I was so awkward and I had to study people to learn mannerisms and things. And that eventually evolved into just being curious about the way humans are and their psychology in general. Especially "abnormal" psychology.  That's my thoughts anyway.

That is actually spot on my friend.

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71014
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Aspies can get really fixated on a subject.
Back to top Go down
shockingdoom

shockingdoom

Contribution Points : 56495

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 9:25 am

Well, he was very isolated and didn't like to be hugged and never made eye contact with anyone. But I heard he had fun at the Tech Club and joked about things sometimes.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120703
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 1:15 pm

shockingdoom wrote:
Well, he was very isolated and didn't like to be hugged and never made eye contact with anyone. But I heard he had fun at the Tech Club and joked about things sometimes.

What year was this? Towards the last months of his life he didn't really go out much from what I hear.

sscc

Contribution Points : 83787
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 7:55 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
shockingdoom wrote:

What year was this? Towards the last months of his life he didn't really go out much from what I hear.
It was about 2007/2008. Here are some interviews with other Tech Club members.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next