Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?

Go down 
+3
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
mrbaby56
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 62095
Forum Reputation : 0

What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Empty
PostSubject: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 am

I was thinking about this recently. What mass shooters could have killed or stopped ordinary police if they met them. I don`t believe that any shooter could have survived against a SWAT team, they are simply too trained and have much better gear and weapons. My thought is that Anders Breivik probably could have won if ordinary police approached him on the island, if the police only had pistols. What do you think?

Last edited by mrbaby56 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelled BReivik instead of Breivik)
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91967
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 am

I definitely think Breivik could of killed a few normal police officers, some others I think would be:

Stephen Paddock.
Martin Byrant.
Derrick Bird.
Adam Lanza.
Nikolas Cruz.
Devin Kelly.
James Holmes.

-Lil Peep

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 am

Omar Mateen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 10:28 am

Anders Breivik
Seung Hui Cho
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 12:01 pm

None of them, they'd be going up multiple people who can all shoot back, they aren't going to last too long. Even Micah Xavier Johnson didn't have a good time of it, and that was after ambushing the cops he wanted to kill.

James411

Contribution Points : 85039
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 1:55 pm

I think omar matten is one of the few shooters that actually got into a shootout with the police and that couple in san berbandino.

I think the married couple had the best chance because they could back each other up but in the end they both ended up losing the shoot out.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm

James411 wrote:
I think the married couple had the best chance because they could back each other up but in the end they both ended up losing the shoot out.

Yes that tends to happen when you're outnumbered severely.

D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58881

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Michael Ryan. He had a Type 56 which one officer said could've killed the entirety of the tactical firearms force, while he himself wore a bullet proof jacket which would've shielded him from the majority of the officers weaponry.

Charles Whitman: His expert marksmanship and military training would've easily overpowered standard officers had he been in a better position.

mrhyde

mrhyde

Contribution Points : 55987
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 4:23 pm

None of them. If they even started to win other departments would have sent in their cops as backup so eventually they would run out of ammo and die
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Definitely James Holmes. He had an upper hand with his full suit of body armor. Not mass shooters but Larry Phillips and Emil Massasaraneu held off the cops for a long time and only lost because the police got rifles. Well, Larry's Ak jammed so he shot himself. They held them down and if they only had pistols Larry and Emil would've probably killed and injured all of them due to keeping them down with machine gun fire and having body armor.
Back to top Go down
mrbaby56

mrbaby56

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 5:36 am

And also the police probably don´t equip themselves with pistols if they know they´re going up against a a mass shooter...
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 pm

mrbaby56 wrote:
And also the police probably don´t equip themselves with pistols if they know they´re going up against a a mass shooter...

Well most of the time they don't have time to change their load out, they have to get to the situation ASAP, no time to get heavier firepower.

mrbaby56

mrbaby56

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 1:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That´s true!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
mrbaby56 wrote:

Well most of the time they don't have time to change their load out, they have to get to the situation ASAP, no time to get heavier firepower.

Most police cruisers have rifles and/or shotguns nowadays.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29578
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 4:28 pm

No one ever seems to win shootouts against the police.

Kaynhyde dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?   What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What shooters could have won in a shootout with the police?
Page 1 of 1