Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement Tapes

Go down 
+5
evelynssye
QuestionMark
Lizpuff
mrbaby56
ChaotixBoy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65867
Forum Reputation : 0

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:43 pm

This may seem like a pipe dream at this point but will we EVER see the Basement Tapes? They were supposedly destroyed in 2011 but I see that as complete BS and that was just a stunt to get people to stop asking for them and I believe that the tapes are still very much out there somewhere. But does anyone have an idea if we will ever see them released to the public?

I would love to see these basement tapes since they could answer a lot of questions that still riddle us today.
Back to top Go down
mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 62095

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

There are already like 10 different threads about this subject. Just search "Basement Tapes" and you will find this very thing already discussed...
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Were all copies destroyed? Unlikely

Will we ever see any footage? Unlikely

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Hopefully somebody leaks the tapes or they get stolen from somewhere.
Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Hopefully somebody leaks the tapes or they get stolen from somewhere.

This is a hope shared by many.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 2:28 pm

ChaotixBoy wrote:
They were supposedly destroyed in 2011 but I see that as complete BS and that was just a stunt to get people to stop asking for them and I believe that the tapes are still very much out there somewhere. 

I think the originals were destroyed for sure, IDK if any copies have survived.

evelynssye

Contribution Points : 56403

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm hoping someone leaks them in the moment we least expect...The thing is if they are ever leaked online, the authorities may just do everything they can to take them down.

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:04 pm

They will never release them, they said that they were destroyed, if they then published them they would look like idiots and people would start questioning the whole investigation.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Bazzxux wrote:
They will never release them, they said that they were destroyed, if they then published them they would look like idiots and people would start questioning the whole investigation.

Sent from Topic'it App

Jeffco has looked like idiots for many years now. Also the whole investigation has been questioned since day one. 19 years later and it still is. So that can't be why they haven't been released.
Back to top Go down
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 59308

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 pm

The FBI have copies, even if Jeffco don't, so the only hope is if the FBI declassifies them and releases them.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 5:27 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
The FBI have copies, even if Jeffco don't, so the only hope is if the FBI declassifies them and releases them.

Let's pray for a miracle.

mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 62095

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 9:30 am

Maybe on 4/20 2019? Laughing
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:44 pm

mrbaby56 wrote:

lol, maybe.

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 am

I think one of the best chances we were going to get was when Mark Taylor dropped the case against Solvay.

Interestingly, by chance I got speaking with a guy about the Basement Tapes up at the memorial. I’ll not go into too much detail right now but has anyone read much lately from Steve Schweitzberger? This guy seemed to know a LOT of things about the case and clearly knows some of the families quite well. He’s run for sheriff a number of times I believe. He’s also got something to do with the crosses that get put up each year (which he asked if I wanted to assist with and chat further but I didn’t have the time).
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:36 am

The Harris and Klebold depositions will be released in 2027.

That is about all we are going to get.
Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:37 am

sororityalpha wrote:
The Harris and Klebold depositions will be released in 2027.

That is about all we are going to get.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I thought they were set to be released in 2023? scratch
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91967
Forum Reputation : 575

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:27 pm

I hope they get released soon, maybe next year? Would make sense it being the 20th anniversary.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 12:25 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
I hope they get released soon, maybe next year? Would make sense it being the 20th anniversary.

You're more optimistic than me I'll say that.  Smile

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 5:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 6:00 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was going by CVA saying that he had pin pointed the release date as 2023.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Depositions were taken in 2003 but the ruling to seal them for 20 years was not made until 2007.
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65867

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Anyone think the tapes were actually destroyed? Or was just that just for everyone to stop asking?
Back to top Go down
evelynssye

Contribution Points : 56403

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:17 pm

ChaotixBoy wrote:
Anyone think the tapes were actually destroyed? Or was just that just for everyone to stop asking?

I think there are a few people who have them still. People in high up positions who were deeply involved in investigating the shooting. I think when they came out and said they were destroyed it was just a way to get people to stop asking.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 12:35 am

ChaotixBoy wrote:

I think JeffCo destroyed their copies, but if anyone else has copies I think they still exist.

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 7:45 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ChaotixBoy wrote:

I think JeffCo destroyed their copies, but if anyone else has copies I think they still exist.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that the FBI likely still have copies.
Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
mrbaby56 wrote:

lol, maybe.

Man, the FBI might just release them on April 1st, only for it to be an April Fools joke just to troll us even more

*FBI YouTube channel*

"WARNING!: The following video contains disturbing content of the Columbine High School Gunmen, viewer discretion is advised"

*count down from 10*

*APRIL FOOLS!*

Me: *smashing the shit out of my computer screaming in rage*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basement Tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes   Basement Tapes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes
Page 1 of 1