Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

“Rachel” on the basement tapes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

“Rachel” on the basement tapes Empty
PostSubject: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 10:05 pm

I tried searching the forum for a thread like this but couldn’t find it. I apologize if there was one and I missed it.

I know that a Rachel was mentioned in the basement tapes by Dylan I believe. They first talk about Nick (who I’m assuming is Nick Baumgart) then proceed to mention a Rachel and Jen. I guess my thoughts on it are this: in one of Rachel’s many books her parents state they saw the basement tapes and heard “their” Rachel’s name mentioned in it as a “godly whore”. But in Sue’s book she claims none of the victims were mentioned in the tapes (per Kate Batten). If they really meant Nick Baumgart (which makes sense since their friendship with him fizzled out long ago and he was a target of their missions) did they really say Rachel as in Rachel Scott? She did go to prom with Nick, but do we know if she had a class with E&D and Nick? I believe it was stated in the tape that “and the two girls sitting next to you” as if they are in a class together.
Wanted to hear people’s thoughts on it. Do you think it’s Rachel Scott like her family believes or not?
Back to top Go down
gyro

Contribution Points : 52640
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 10:34 pm

It's unlikely that it's Rachel Scott as she didn't have classes with any of the two. It's most likely they were referring to Rachael Goodwin and Jennifer Grant who were in their psychology class. As for Nick, they could be referring to Nick Baumgart generally or referring to Nicholas Foss who also shared the psychology class

Last edited by shadowofthewill on Tue May 07, 2019 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 10:42 pm

That’s what I was unsure of if Rachel Scott even had any classes with them. It’s a shame so much false info floats around due to media and even books written well before info had been released and/or debunked.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58824
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:27 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
That’s what I was unsure of if Rachel Scott even had any classes with them. It’s a shame so much false info floats around due to media and even books written well before info had been released and/or debunked.

Neither boy shared a class with Rachel, however both she and Dylan were part of theater. Dylan was the person who was running the sound for Rachel’s last play.

And yes, the transcripts of the Basement Tapes have one of the boys (I’m almost positive it was Dylan) calling a Rachel a godly whore.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:43 pm

They most likely were referring to Nicholas Foss, Jennifer Grant, and either Rachael Goodwin or Rachel Baker, all from their psychology class.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Neither shooter had any classes with Rachel Scott, although Dylan possibly knew of her through working sound during theater productions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Thanks for the clarification everyone. I knew Dylan ran soundboard for the theater group and that Rachel was part of it, I just was unsure of classes. I read the 11k report but I couldn’t recall that schedule sheet. There’s a ton of paperwork to sift through on it. Thanks for posting it for me!!
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 12:35 am

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
Thanks for the clarification everyone. I knew Dylan ran soundboard for the theater group and that Rachel was part of it, I just was unsure of classes. I read the 11k report but I couldn’t recall that schedule sheet. There’s a ton of paperwork to sift through on it. Thanks for posting it for me!!

No problem!
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83032
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:58 pm

slippy123 wrote:
They most likely were referring to Nicholas Foss, Jennifer Grant, and either Rachael Goodwin or Rachel Baker, all from their psychology class.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Neither shooter had any classes with Rachel Scott, although Dylan possibly knew of her through working sound during theater productions.

I agree that these are the people referred to. They also say mentioned Dustin Harrison, who as you can see from the list, was in their Psychology class, too.

From Peter Langman's site:
"The subject shifts and they begin talking about several people they know. They make a comment about Dustin Harris [or Harrison], and how “everything you say is pointless.
Harris: Shut the fuck up, Nick, you laugh too much! And those two girls sitting next to you,
they probably want you to shut the fuck up, too! Jesus! Rachel and Jen .. . and ... whatever.

Klebold: I don’t like you, Rachel and Jen, you’re stuck up little bitches, you’re fucking
little . .. Christian, Godly little whores!"

I know a lot of people would argue that the Nick they refer to is Nick Baumgart because of Eric's beef with him. But to me, it seems clear that all 4 of the people they are referring to were from their Psychology class and the only Nick in there was Foss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 11:20 pm

When I saw the document I too agree that it was classmates from psychology class. I last saw it over a year ago in the 11k. Totally forgot about it. I had just finished one of the Rachel books (even though I knew there was a ton of false info in it beforehand). It made me wonder why her parents were so sure it was her.

I just started reading Peter Langman’s book. It took me this long to find a copy! So far I really like his take on the different shooters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “Rachel” on the basement tapes   “Rachel” on the basement tapes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

“Rachel” on the basement tapes
Page 1 of 1