Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody

Go down 
+40
QuestionMark
UncontinuedProcess
W.A.R.
VoDKaComeHere
Tommy QTR
imgview
InsaneIntruder
spinvault
arnounymus
Draw_It_White
Jenn
CarelessLoner
sororityalpha
Ainjel
aperiogaming
Dunkelziffer
Prahacity
Okay-Okay
myshame
Watcher73
Jea
DooMRebel
STK
KitanaJillLayne912
KKjHAM
Unknown
MysteryMan
Screamingophelia
katherinex
afrrs
macks_ant86
rebootoX
sscc
iforgotmyoldname2
BlackandWhite
Smiggles94
Oldmare
Trent531
mrhyde
Stoned Slacker
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66419
Forum Reputation : 248

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 7:43 am

Have there been any pictures or videos that were taken inside the school? There has been a lot of pictures and videos inside Stoneman Douglas High School High School when the shooting occurred there, yet I haven't seen anything that was taken during or after the shooting at Santa Fe High School. Just only 3 videos taken outside. One of them during the shooting.

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 am

School Massacre Archives wrote:
Have there been any pictures or videos that were taken inside the school? There has been a lot of pictures and videos inside Stoneman Douglas High School High School when the shooting occurred there, yet I haven't seen anything that was taken during or after the shooting at Santa Fe High School. Just only 3 videos taken outside. One of them during the shooting.

Any info on this case is hard to come by for some reason. scratch Very little has been released about Dimitrios Pagourtzis or the shooting.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 am

I don't think this was ever discussed, but months earlier, before the shooting, Santa Fe High School went on a lockdown due to 'popping noises' being heard outside, but when police arrived, they found nothing. A photo was posted and people suspected that a woman with a assault rifle did it, since she did pose with it on Instagram, but no arrest has been made yet, as far as I'm aware.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So I'm wondering, was this somehow related to the shooting incident on May, or was this just unrelated to the case all together, and it was just coincidence that it happened at the same school?

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Five months after the shooting that claimed 10 lives, several families are ready to share their stories. They reveal a community divided over how to move past the tragedy and heal.

SANTA FE, Texas – As dusk settled on a hot, humid October evening, dozens of families lined up along a darkening country road, waiting for the Santa Fe High School homecoming parade to pass. They camped on folding chairs and the backs of pickup trucks, in the parking lots of dollar stores and auto repair shops.  

The floats arrived awash in glitter, garland and the school colors of green and gold. Kids tossed candy and beads from flatbeds. Spectators hooted and hollered at the Santa Fe Indians football team and the high-stepping Tribal Belle dance squad.

But many also thought back to May 18, when a 17-year-old gunman opened fire in the high school. They thought of the art rooms and hallways where 10 people were killed and 13 injured. Of the window shattered by bullets, repaired just the day before. Of the victims whose names were inscribed on T-shirts.

Rosie Stone, who marched the 3-mile route handing out crayons and markers, thought of her son, Chris, whose photo was in the center of a mum corsage pinned close to her heart. He was one of two football players who died in the shooting – and this should have been his senior homecoming.

Like so much of what happens these days in this rural Texas town, this year’s parade
was suffused with sorrow – reminders that the pain is still raw, the losses still fresh and life is not as it once was.

The phrase “Santa Fe Strong” was everywhere. On banners in front of businesses. On the windows of the high school. On the scoreboard at the school stadium, where the procession ended with a community pep rally.

Inside the stadium, above a row of posters featuring the varsity roster, a picture of Chris Stone, smiling in his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] jersey, was framed against the ebony backdrop of the night sky.

A few feet away, as the pep rally kicked off, an onlooker leaned on a chain-link fence to watch the high school cheerleaders on the brightly-lit stadium field. On her “Santa Fe Strong” shirt were the words to the 23rd Psalm:

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.”

‘Divided’ community
With the May 18 shooting, Santa Fe became part of a grim roll call: Parkland. Sutherland Springs. Las Vegas. Orlando. Sandy Hook. Aurora. Columbine.

Each community thrown into the national consciousness by unspeakable tragedy, then left to grapple with grief and anger long after the public attention has dimmed.

In Santa Fe, a close-knit town of 13,000 that tumbles over 17 square miles of fast-food joints, former pasture and marshland, everyone was touched, in some way, by the shooting – and everyone seemed moved to help.

In the days immediately after, there were public vigils and prayer services, human barricades to shield the families and students from the media onslaught, barbecue dinners and bake sales to raise money for victims.

Then, just as with a family in mourning, schisms began to emerge. School board meetings grew heated as parents and board members lobbed criticism at each other. Facebook groups were created, then disbanded as residents argued about metal detectors and school safety. A few voices called for gun control, but many more maintained that guns were not to blame.

It was as Christine Hunschofsky, the mayor of Parkland, Florida, had warned Santa Fe Mayor Jason Tabor.

At first, the entire community will come together, she said, repeating what the mother of a boy killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, had told her. “Then a tsunami will hit your city, and people will become divided over everything.”

Sadly this has proven all to true. For some debating the issue has become more important then the problems that likely caused the issue. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 4:21 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Sadly this has proven all to true. For some debating the issue has become more important then the problems that likely caused the issue. Evil or Very Mad

Doesn't help that few can even agree on what the actual problem was in the first place.

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 5:46 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Doesn't help that few can even agree on what the actual problem was in the first place.

True.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Here are two mini documentaries on the Santa Fe school shooting incase none of you have seen them yet.

This was released 3 months ago, but hasn't gotten a lot of attention. They actually made a lot of good points in this video:

This was released a few hours ago. I dunno if the bodies in this video were actually real or not, but either way, GRAPHIC WARNING:

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Here's the most recent pic of Pagourtzis. Looks like his hair has grown back.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 4:27 pm

"The teen charged in the deadly shooting at Santa Fe High School was back in court for the first time in six months.

Dimitrios Pagourtzis appeared via video conference for a hearing at 10:30 a.m. He wore a dark blue jail uniform and his wrists were handcuffed. Pagourtzis was expressionless. At one point, he lowered his head into his hands.

Seated in the front two rows of the courtroom were survivors and families of victims. Some of them wore "Santa Fe Strong" t-shirts.

Pagourtzis is charged with killing 10 people in the May 2018 shooting at Santa Fe High School.

Eight students and two substitute teachers were shot to death.

When Pagourtzis appeared on the projection screen, several people were moved to tears. One woman was so emotional, she ran out of the courtroom.

Monday was a status conference in which the judge, prosecutors and defense discussed setting future pre-trial hearings and trial dates.

Right now, the defense is reviewing all evidence given to them by the state: 911 phone calls, crime scene video and photos, social media posts, and dispatch radio traffic.

Pagourtzis' attorneys say they are waiting on evidence from federal officials: the teen's computer and computers owned by some of his family members.

Pagourtzis' attorneys filed a change of venue request on his behalf earlier this month.

His attorneys argue that he won't be able to get a fair trial due to the media coverage.

The judge has yet to determine if Pagourtzis' trial should be moved out of Galveston County.

Prosecutors say they'll respond to the filing by Friday, Feb. 1."

Looks like we'll be seeing more evidence plus a much more clearer timeline of the shooting soon. No mention of surveillance cameras though.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Looks like we'll be seeing more evidence plus a much more clearer timeline of the shooting soon. No mention of surveillance cameras though.

Thank fuck, this trial has been going slower than a pile of dogshit getting rolled uphill.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Hey I noticed something in one of the older news articles that I don't think was discussed before.
Quote :
Pagourtzis posted the phrase "Dangerous Days" on social media before the rampage along with a pentagram symbol.

"Dangerous Days" is the name of a synthwave album by the artist Perturbator:

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 6:26 pm

I think this shooting didn't get much attention for a few reasons:
Pagourtzis didn't die in the shooting or even plead the fifth, meaning that there's less of a mystery
didn't release any writings
was a Satanic Columbiner edgelord, not original at all
I guess being an honors student means jack sh!t if you have styrofoam for a brain. I mean, the media was calling him an honors student as if that meant he was smart. He clearly was a f*cking moron.

Last edited by NSAhoneypot on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:55 pm

NSAhoneypot wrote:
not to mention how his last video before the spree was some retarded, edgy rant

Wasn't aware he made a video. Mind tossing me the link?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 11:11 pm

(redac)

Last edited by NSAhoneypot on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 10:04 am

Survivors and victims' families attend emotional hearing as suspected Santa Fe HS shooter appears in court: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 1:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Damnit. I saw it on here as a video from YNC with another user responding to it with a thanks, so I was unsure. I downloaded it as an mp4, but I guess it was one of those mass shooter hoaxes. At least I've never fallen for Sam Hyde.
It was some fake Instagram video, although it was good enough in my opinion that if they ever make a movie about Pagourtzis they've got to cast the guy who did this video as him.
I almost always use Amok Wiki and Murderpedia as my main sources. The problem here was that I used the forum itself as a source. I apologize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm

NSAhoneypot wrote:
I think this shooting didn't get much attention for a few reasons:
Pagourtzis didn't die in the shooting or even plead the fifth, meaning that there's less of a mystery
didn't release any writings
was a Satanic Columbiner edgelord, not original at all
I guess being an honors student means jack sh!t if you have styrofoam for a brain. I mean, the media was calling him an honors student as if that meant he was smart. He clearly was a f*cking moron.

And also since the police/investigating agencies have barely released any info at all (similar to the Sutherland Springs Shooting)
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Here's an article about the Santa Fe SRO officer, John Barnes, who came very close to dying after being shot at.
It does contain some new information about the shooting itself. I found this bit interesting though.

"Barnes has been shown the surveillance video from the day of the shooting. He has counted the seconds on the ticker and analyzed every possible scenario, wondering if he could have saved anyone else with the information he’d had that day. He has watched the student with the shotgun wait for him as he turns the corner. It’s surreal, Barnes said—even at the time, he felt like he was inside a movie: His body was responding, his brain was reacting, but he still couldn’t believe it was happening.

He has declined to watch the other video, though, the one from inside the art classroom where the shooter spent most of his time. For now, Barnes is focused on healing."

First off, that pretty much confirms that there were surveillance cameras that did record the shooting. Secondly, video inside the art classroom? Never heard anyone mention that.

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85853
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Here's an article about the Santa Fe SRO officer, John Barnes, who came very close to dying after being shot at.
It does contain some new information about the shooting itself. I found this bit interesting though.

"Barnes has been shown the surveillance video from the day of the shooting. He has counted the seconds on the ticker and analyzed every possible scenario, wondering if he could have saved anyone else with the information he’d had that day. He has watched the student with the shotgun wait for him as he turns the corner. It’s surreal, Barnes said—even at the time, he felt like he was inside a movie: His body was responding, his brain was reacting, but he still couldn’t believe it was happening.

He has declined to watch the other video, though, the one from inside the art classroom where the shooter spent most of his time. For now, Barnes is focused on healing."

First off, that pretty much confirms that there were surveillance cameras that did record the shooting. Secondly, video inside the art classroom? Never heard anyone mention that.
I want to see the art class video. Hope they release it.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 2:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"The admitted Santa Fe High School shooter appeared in person in Galveston County court on Monday for a change of venue hearing.

The judge announced that he will have a decision on change of venue by the end of the week for the teen charged in the murders of ten people and injuring 13 others. Police say he admitted to opening fire on his classmates and teachers in May 2018.

Emotions were heavy in court from families of the victims and the family of the admitted mass shooter as he walked into the courtroom in chains and an inmate jumpsuit.

"This was obviously a tough day for the family,” said defense attorney Nick Poehl. “It’s the first time they’ve seen him on anything other than a video monitor since the day it happened.”

"It was emotional to me, because I was looking at him to see if I could see some remorse, and I didn’t get it,” said Sonia Lopez, mother of shooting victim Sarah Salazar. “I didn’t see it."

Salazar was a sophomore in art class when she was wounded several times during the mass shooting. She survived but underwent multiple surgeries on her shoulder and jaw. Her sister was at the change of venue hearing on Monday.

"Just because there was so much publicity on his case, I don’t think that matters,” said Suzannah Salazar, Sarah’s sister. “He knows what he did. I know right from wrong. I know he knew what he was doing.”

The defense is arguing that with about 330,000 people living in Galveston County, and with pervasive media coverage, it’s hard to find a jury who doesn’t know someone who knows someone impacted by the mass shooting. They presented local news articles and local social media comments as evidence. They want the case tried in another county.

"How would you like to sit on a jury and be rendering something that your neighbor didn’t like?,” asked defense attorney Robert Barfield. “Would the fear of that come into play? There’s all kind of things other than social media that can play on this. That’s why a move to somewhere where that’s not an issue is what we’re seeking.”

The prosecution, led by Galveston County District Attorney Jack Roady, is arguing that while media coverage may be pervasive, the information being reported is accurate, not inflammatory. He listed several mayors in the area who have submitted affidavits saying it will be possible to seek a fair trial within Galveston County. The prosecution stated that the political leaders agreed in their affidavits that although the case has received a lot of media attention, it is possible to find a jury who can set aside those opinions and weigh out the facts impartially.

Prosecutors declined to interview with reporters after the hearing, but the defense had this response:

“I disagree with their take,” said Poehl. “I think that some of the coverage has not been accurate.”

At the end of the hearing, the admitted shooter took a good look back at his family sitting behind him.  Some of them burst into tears as he was escorted out. His defense attorneys said his mental evaluations are continuing.

The next hearing in this case is scheduled for May 10."

Contribution Points : 91967
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 3:27 pm

I have to say he looks a lot better with hair, and he seems to have lost a lot weight as well.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 pm

The next hearing in this case is scheduled for May 10.

The slow grind continues.

School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:16 am

QuestionMark wrote:
The next hearing in this case is scheduled for May 10.

The slow grind continues.

Who knows. Maybe the police will release something while we wait for the next hearing.

Contribution Points : 48075
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 am

I didn't see anyone here mention, but "Born to Kill" which was written on his t-shirt is a lyric in KMFDM - Son of a Gun at approximately 1:14
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 3:52 pm

R4YN3 wrote:
I didn't see anyone here mention, but "Born to Kill" which was written on his t-shirt is a lyric in KMFDM - Son of a Gun at approximately 1:14

Could be that that's where he got it from, but as I think I've stated before Dimitri was making a reference to the movie Full Metal Jacket, where the main character wears a helmet that says "BORN TO KILL" while having a peace symbol pinned to it. I think I saw somewhere around here that Dimitri had a peace sign pin on his baseball cap. I'd have to double check.

School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 pm

This might explain why there is barely any information on this shooting.

"Steve Perkins knows his wife is dead.

He knows Ann was trying to get students to file out of Santa Fe High School last May 18 after a fire alarm blared across campus. He knows she was shot at least once. Witnesses told Perkins his wife fell just outside an exterior door near the school's art classrooms.

It is the information Perkins does not know that has gnawed at him since.

"I don't know how many times she was shot," Perkins said. "I've got one medical certificate that showed multiple gunshot wounds, but that was amended and said a single gunshot wound. I can't see the medical examiner's report; I can't view the video of the shooting — I've been told I can't have anything."

Families of at least six children and staff members who died in Texas' deadliest K-12 school shooting, and two injured survivors, still are searching for answers 10 months after a teenage gunman blasted his way through the Galveston County school. Each time they have requested records — including medical examiner and autopsy reports — they have been denied.

The absence of information about the Santa Fe shooting stands in stark contrast to the trove of details released to families and the public in the immediate aftermath of a mass shooting three months earlier at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead and 17 injured.

The disparate responses to the Parkland and Santa Fe shootings, however, go far beyond the information divide.

In the Parkland case, Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for failing in his duties and has considered action against Broward County School District Superintendent Robert Runcie. Two campus monitors at Stoneman Douglas High School were fired and four other school employees were reassigned for their lackluster responses. After law enforcements' response was scrutinized, two Broward County Sheriff's deputies resigned, one was suspended and a fourth was put on "restrictive duty" and forced to surrender his badge and gun.

Law enforcement released a timeline of the shooting the day after 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz allegedly rained bullets on unsuspecting students and staff. In less than 10 days after the shooting, authorities released records showing that concerned neighbors and others had called the Broward County Sheriff's Office 18 times in nine years to warn about the eventual Stoneman Douglas shooter, with one telling officials he worried the Florida teen "planned to shoot up the school." A variety of released records explain why it took more than 11 minutes for officers to enter the classroom building where Cruz committed the massacre.

An appointed group of educators, parents and law enforcement officials compiled a 439-page report detailing systemic failures before, during and after the Parkland shooting, and created a list of specific recommendations stemming from those missteps.

In the 10 months since the Santa Fe High School shooting, law enforcement has not released a detailed timeline of the shooting. There is no official account of the shooter's movements, or whether there was a prolonged exchange of gunfire with police who responded to the scene. There is no indication of a motive or whether school district authorities or local law enforcement had any previous indication that the accused gunman, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, a then-17 year-old senior, could be a risk to himself or others.

No independent commission has investigated what happened at Santa Fe High School, and none have been proposed by state lawmakers. No law enforcement officials have explained why it took 30 minutes to arrest Pagourtzis. No one knows if Santa Fe Independent School District employees or local law enforcement officers in Texas made missteps that may have contributed to the shooting that killed 10 and wounded 13 people.

The glaring differences in information and accountability for two similar mass shootings boil down to one factor: public records laws.

Florida's public information statutes are considered among the most robust in the country and give the general public access to information, sometimes within hours of a crime. In Texas, a widely used exception to the state's public information law gives prosecutors broad discretion to withhold information about felonies from the public, news media, victims of crimes, even defendants, until trial.

For families of those killed or injured at Santa Fe High School who spoke with the Houston Chronicle, the information blockade likely means they will not know how their loved ones were killed or wounded for months, maybe years to come. Without legislative changes to the public information law, they will learn of grisly details surrounded by strangers in a courtroom when evidence is presented during the alleged gunman's trial, which is not expected to begin until at least the end of 2019.

The unanswered questions about what happened in Santa Fe has made it difficult for victims' families to move on.

"I have no answers," said Rosie Y. Stone, whose 17-year-old son, Chris, was killed. "That's just a closure we need. They're making us sit here and wait and wait and wait and live with the not knowing. And that's what makes life so much harder.""

Well I guess we're gonna have to wait until the end of 2019.

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 9:50 pm

The feds are pursuing charges against Dimitrios.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:20 pm

"An 18-year-old accused of fatally shooting 10 people at a Texas high school will now be facing 11 federal charges connected to the attack, his attorney said Monday.

But it's unclear what those new charges are because the federal case against Dimitrios Pagourtzis is sealed as a result of him being a minor when the shooting took place last year. The charges come after the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Texas had previously said it would not be pursuing a case against Pagourtzis, who already is charged in state court.

Pagourtzis was taken into federal custody Monday morning and appeared in court later in the day in Galveston.

One of his attorneys, Nick Poehl, said the federal court hearing was closed to the public because that court system considers his client a minor because he was 17 years old when he was arrested.

Pagourtzis has been charged with capital murder in state court for the May 18, 2018, shooting at Santa Fe High School. Authorities say he killed eight students and two teachers and wounded 13 other people when he opened fire inside the school about 55 miles southeast of Houston.

Last month, the U.S. attorney's office, which is in Houston, said no federal charges would likely be filed in the shooting.

"Something changed and I don't know what it is," Poehl said.

U.S. attorney's office spokeswoman Angela Dodge, in an email, declined to comment on the case, saying her office would not "have any information to provide in the near future."

In state court, Pagourtzis, who also is charged with aggravated assault against a public servant, is being tried as an adult but will not be eligible for the death penalty because he was 17 when charged.

Poehl said he has been told that authorities plan to certify Pagourtzis as an adult in federal court.

Galveston County District Attorney Jack Roady said the new federal charges could possibly delay the state's case against Pagourtzis but his office will still be proceeding with the state charges.

The federal charges come after many of the families and friends of those killed and injured in the shooting called, emailed and spoke to local, state and federal officials imploring them to ask federal prosecutors to reconsider their decision.

During a news conference Monday afternoon, family members of those killed in the shooting and many of the injured expressed gratitude that federal charges were filed.

"We don't know exactly what happened in the interim. But apparently the right foot got in the right butt down there in D.C. And whoever's that foot was, I want to thank them personally. ... We all appreciate that," said John Barnes, a school resource officer who was shot in the arm.

The families and friends of those killed and injured say they wanted the federal charges filed to ensure that Pagourtzis is never released from prison. If convicted of capital murder in state court, he could be eligible for parole after 40 years.

But Poehl said prosecutors can't stack the cases against Pagourtzis in such a way to deny him the possibility of parole.

"He would be parole eligible at some point," Poehl said. "It doesn't mean he has to get parole."

A hearing is still set for May 10 for a judge to announce where the trial on the state charges will be moved. Pagourtzis' attorneys were granted a request to have his trial moved to another county to ensure an objective jury pool."

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:45 pm

Silent Professor wrote:
Packercheese, huh? Must be from Green Bay.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85853
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 am

SavageGlocker wrote:
Silent Professor wrote:
Packercheese, huh? Must be from Green Bay.
Oh no, the evil psychopath Paggercheese.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 am

Off topic, but damn, imagine being 18 and in prison. How do you think the other inmates treat him?
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:34 pm

I recommend giving this story a read.

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 12:36 am

I recommend giving this story a read.

Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:26 am

Weird to think that it's almost been one year already.

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70699
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:22 pm

I’m back !
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68272
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 9:21 pm

One interesting discovery made in this case recently is that Dimitrios bought some of the ammunition he used online: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40975
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 12:42 am

"It was emotional to me, because I was looking at him to see if I could see some remorse, and I didn’t get it,” said Sonia Lopez, mother of shooting victim Sarah Salazar. “I didn’t see it."

Ok not to be invalidating or anything, but this is why I wish people were more educated on mental health. The dude has been found incompetent to stand trial by three forensic psychologists. He is undergoing psychiatric treatment at a state hospital. Of course he's not going to show remorse. According to the psychiatric evaluation he pretty much has no clue what is even going on. That's what it means to be incompetent to stand trial. Between whatever heavy dose of medication he's probably on plus whatever was wrong with him in the first place, I doubt his reality has much if any connection to actual reality.

EDIT: Actually I think this was before he was found incompetent to stand trial. Even so, this is a good example of why affected parties should not be kept in the dark on information and developments when it comes to their case, as mentioned below.

This might explain why there is barely any information on this shooting.

"Steve Perkins knows his wife is dead.

He knows Ann was trying to get students to file out of Santa Fe High School last May 18 after a fire alarm blared across campus. He knows she was shot at least once. Witnesses told Perkins his wife fell just outside an exterior door near the school's art classrooms.

It is the information Perkins does not know that has gnawed at him since.

"I don't know how many times she was shot," Perkins said. "I've got one medical certificate that showed multiple gunshot wounds, but that was amended and said a single gunshot wound. I can't see the medical examiner's report; I can't view the video of the shooting — I've been told I can't have anything."

Families of at least six children and staff members who died in Texas' deadliest K-12 school shooting, and two injured survivors, still are searching for answers 10 months after a teenage gunman blasted his way through the Galveston County school. Each time they have requested records — including medical examiner and autopsy reports — they have been denied.

The absence of information about the Santa Fe shooting stands in stark contrast to the trove of details released to families and the public in the immediate aftermath of a mass shooting three months earlier at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead and 17 injured.

The disparate responses to the Parkland and Santa Fe shootings, however, go far beyond the information divide.

In the Parkland case, Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for failing in his duties and has considered action against Broward County School District Superintendent Robert Runcie. Two campus monitors at Stoneman Douglas High School were fired and four other school employees were reassigned for their lackluster responses. After law enforcements' response was scrutinized, two Broward County Sheriff's deputies resigned, one was suspended and a fourth was put on "restrictive duty" and forced to surrender his badge and gun.

Law enforcement released a timeline of the shooting the day after 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz allegedly rained bullets on unsuspecting students and staff. In less than 10 days after the shooting, authorities released records showing that concerned neighbors and others had called the Broward County Sheriff's Office 18 times in nine years to warn about the eventual Stoneman Douglas shooter, with one telling officials he worried the Florida teen "planned to shoot up the school." A variety of released records explain why it took more than 11 minutes for officers to enter the classroom building where Cruz committed the massacre.

An appointed group of educators, parents and law enforcement officials compiled a 439-page report detailing systemic failures before, during and after the Parkland shooting, and created a list of specific recommendations stemming from those missteps.

In the 10 months since the Santa Fe High School shooting, law enforcement has not released a detailed timeline of the shooting. There is no official account of the shooter's movements, or whether there was a prolonged exchange of gunfire with police who responded to the scene. There is no indication of a motive or whether school district authorities or local law enforcement had any previous indication that the accused gunman, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, a then-17 year-old senior, could be a risk to himself or others.

No independent commission has investigated what happened at Santa Fe High School, and none have been proposed by state lawmakers. No law enforcement officials have explained why it took 30 minutes to arrest Pagourtzis. No one knows if Santa Fe Independent School District employees or local law enforcement officers in Texas made missteps that may have contributed to the shooting that killed 10 and wounded 13 people.

The glaring differences in information and accountability for two similar mass shootings boil down to one factor: public records laws.

Florida's public information statutes are considered among the most robust in the country and give the general public access to information, sometimes within hours of a crime. In Texas, a widely used exception to the state's public information law gives prosecutors broad discretion to withhold information about felonies from the public, news media, victims of crimes, even defendants, until trial.

For families of those killed or injured at Santa Fe High School who spoke with the Houston Chronicle, the information blockade likely means they will not know how their loved ones were killed or wounded for months, maybe years to come. Without legislative changes to the public information law, they will learn of grisly details surrounded by strangers in a courtroom when evidence is presented during the alleged gunman's trial, which is not expected to begin until at least the end of 2019.

The unanswered questions about what happened in Santa Fe has made it difficult for victims' families to move on.

"I have no answers," said Rosie Y. Stone, whose 17-year-old son, Chris, was killed. "That's just a closure we need. They're making us sit here and wait and wait and wait and live with the not knowing. And that's what makes life so much harder.""

Well I guess we're gonna have to wait until the end of 2019.

Unfortunately law enforcement too often uses these privacy laws to enforce a nanny-state "we aren't telling you for your own good" control over the flow of information. Which, as this article mentioned, they also too often use to prevent public accountability and review in their own procedures, and control the narrative. It's unfortunate that so many people defend such privacy laws under the non-questioning, "authorities always know best" doctrine. Or even getting offended that people want to know details of what took place because it's "morbid." It disturbs me how people accept it so readily. As we can see here it can often have a significant impact on the grieving and healing process, as well as understanding what happened and why (for both the people directly affected and broader society).

These type of laws also have unsettling broader implications for transparency in general. People tend to forget that part. There's a lot that can be covered up under the banner of "trust us, it's for your own good."

I have been following the 2019 northern BC homicides case since the beginning and unfortunately the same thing happened there. Except in that case it's even worse because the perpetrators died (as the majority of rampage killers do), so there is no requirement at all for any information to come out, since there is no trial. Sadly it's unclear at this point if there will ever be a resolution on that and there seems to be no requirement for there to ever be one.

QuestionMark wrote:
Hey I noticed something in one of the older news articles that I don't think was discussed before.
Quote :
Pagourtzis posted the phrase "Dangerous Days" on social media before the rampage along with a pentagram symbol.
"Dangerous Days" is the name of a synthwave album by the artist Perturbator:

Not especially relevant I guess, but spree killer Kam McLeod (from northern BC homicides case I mentioned) was also a fan of Perturbator and presumably this album. There's also a song on that album called "Humans Are Such Easy Prey." Who knows, maybe it will be the next casualty on the "evil music influencing teenagers to kill!" moral panic train, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8