Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would Eric have killed John?

Go down 
+14
true_crime
cakeman
sororityalpha
jada887
JP
worm
VoDKaComeHere
23september
UncontinuedProcess
rebootoX
Screamingophelia
Ericishuman
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 59349
Forum Reputation : 296

Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 12:03 am

[quote="QuestionMark"]
QuestionMark wrote:
I think Eric was considering it but thought that it would be better to spare a person who knew him and Dylan. That way their story can be told, Natural Born Killers style.

They left many others alive as well. But I just honestly think for whatever reason, they didn't want to kill John.  Maybe seeing him face to face, talking to him, etc. made them pause long enough to realize that he had never done anything to them.

Who knows. Either way I consider John to be a very lucky man.

Eh, they killed plenty of people they never even knew. I think they just didn't want to kill someone who knew them.

That is one, if not the biggest, perplexities surrounding the massacre. Plan A was a mass bombing, not a mass shooting. The shooting was supposed to be directed towards those who survived the initial bombing. They had to know that some of their closest friends were going to be in the school, and even perhaps the cafeteria.

true_crime

Contribution Points : 59349
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 12:06 am

[quote="Guest"][quote="ShadowedGoddess"]
QuestionMark wrote:
I think Eric was considering it but thought that it would be better to spare a person who knew him and Dylan. That way their story can be told, Natural Born Killers style.

They left many others alive as well. But I just honestly think for whatever reason, they didn't want to kill John.  Maybe seeing him face to face, talking to him, etc. made them pause long enough to realize that he had never done anything to them.

Who knows. Either way I consider John to be a very lucky man.

Eh, they killed plenty of people they never even knew. I think they just didn't want to kill someone who knew them.

That is a possibility as well. I still think that John was lucky to have slightly known them, and even luckier still to have had no issues with them.

I would imagine it would be much easier to hurt a complete stranger than someone you knew, even as an acquaintance. It makes it less personal, fewer emotions. Eric even mentions as such in his journal/writings. He says imagining his potential victims as Doom characters.

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81347
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 12:30 am

true_crime wrote:
Plan A
complaint
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69875
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Ericishuman wrote:
You guys hate Eric.
Ericishuman wrote:
@ShadowedGoddess So you agree with Cullen. You think he was pure evil and not human.

Man, you have a serious problem talking to people who don't agree 100% with you. You really need to calm down.

This sounds like someone else on here too...
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69875
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 am

John seems like s super humble guy, also it seemed like he wasn't totally freaking out (at least on the outside) of what was going on. I could see people screaming and making a fuss making E&D easily irritated and shooting them just to shut them up.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 pm

joebox97 wrote:
John seems like s super humble guy, also it seemed like he wasn't totally freaking out (at least on the outside) of what was going on. I could see people screaming and making a fuss making E&D easily irritated and shooting them just to shut them up.
One said John was "in his own little world" under the table, and he mentioned how he would have simply said "make it quick" if he got a 'yes' to killing him. It seems to me it was either that stoicism in the face of death, or moving out of the way of the gun when it was pointed at him (nobody else is mentioned as doing this in the library, as far as I know) which made Eric ask him and only him who he was. Could have been he recognized him, but it seems to me Dylan and not Eric recognized him.
Back to top Go down
jada887

jada887

Contribution Points : 76328
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 5:39 pm

cakeman wrote:

Show me where I argued otherwise.

I never claimed otherwise. That's why I can't. Smile

cakeman wrote:

That doesn't even begin to explain it; again just relaying a basic fact of the case. The NBK interpretation explains why they made him leave. The bombs explain why they made him leave. You are only explaining why him. That doesn't cut it.

That's why this thread contains the words "John Savage." I assume we're talking about Savage, and not what Dylan was thinking after he heard his voice in the library. I was attempting to explain why I thought Dylan spared people during the massacre, not why he told Savage to leave. I should have made myself clearer in my former message.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:04 pm

jada887 wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Show me where I argued otherwise.

I never claimed otherwise. That's why I can't. Smile

....uh, yeah, I agree that you didn't claim other than what you claimed; about Dylan knowing John. The problem is I didn't either, and you said it in response to me.

Quote :
That's why this thread contains the words "John Savage." I assume we're talking about Savage.
We are. This is some kind of gaslighting damage control. I said there's at least three elements of John Savage leaving that need explanation, and you overlooked two of them.

Quote :
I assume we're talking about Savage, and not what Dylan was thinking after he heard his voice in the library. I was attempting to explain why I thought Dylan...
Looks like a contradiction to me.

Quote :
spared people during the massacre, not why he told Savage to leave. I should have made myself clearer in my former message.
No, as you said, the thread is about John, and you said specifically he didn't let John go for the reasons I stated, with no supporting reasoning except the irrelevant fact that he knew John and spared other people. It'd be as annoying as if I said you are wrong because Littleton is in Colorado.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103572
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 8:48 pm

People here are humanizing Eric and Dylan far too much on what they did that day. They did not kill those who they knew, because they "knew" them. It was because they were playing God that day, and they wanted to choose on who had the right to live and the right to die, so they can go out and spread the story. They wanted survivors to tell the tale so their infamy can live on.

Also people are forgetting that Eric and Dylan planned to take down Columbine High School with their crappy made propane bombs. They knew for a fact that if these bombs succeeded their friends would have been killed. That is why in the Basement Tapes they said that if Chris Morris and Nate Dykeman lived they can take all their stuff. That key word: if

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 3:46 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
treehouseofhorror

treehouseofhorror

Contribution Points : 34819
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Maybe not because in Eric's diary he says that there was a few people in school he wouldn't like to kill and John seems to always had been nice to them but who knows, Eric had so much rage
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61714
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Eric could have killed John very easily but perhaps as he was alright to Dylan, Eric spared him.

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 7:49 pm

I think that as previously stated, perhaps they wanted survivors to tell their story.  Also maybe he liked him for some reason .. it's a bit mysterious to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Would Eric have killed John? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Eric have killed John?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2