Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Irony or fate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57301
Forum Reputation : 0

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:10 am

Do you find the date of the massacre ironic?

First tidbit: The boys studying German, and by all accounts doing well. And as we all know, this was Hitlers Birthday. Do you think they paid any attention to this, or was it happenstance?

Tidbit Two: KMFDM releasing their “Adios” album. The boys loved KMFDM, and the title is straight out of the twilight zone for the happenings of the day. I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard that E&D knew the album was dropping that day, or the title?

All things considered, I think irony ruled with spades that day!

You thoughts on this?

Oh yeah, this is my first official thread, so be gentle please
Back to top Go down

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

"heh, get this. KMFDM's new album is entitled "Adios" and it's release date is in April. how fuckin appropriate, a subliminal final "Adios" tribute to Reb and Vodka. thanks KMFDM... I ripped the hell outa the system"
12/20/98

Eric had wrote in his journal about the name of the album "Adios" being perfect. He was very into foreshadowing after all, and tied everything in to NBK.
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57301

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

"heh, get this. KMFDM's new album is entitled "Adios" and it's release date is in April. how fuckin appropriate, a subliminal final "Adios" tribute to Reb and Vodka. thanks KMFDM... I ripped the hell outa the system"
12/20/98

Eric had wrote in his journal about the name of the album "Adios" being perfect. He was very into foreshadowing after all, and tied everything in to NBK.

Figures E would quash my future post with his foreboding sense of irony.

Thanks for enlightening me Mrs. SG

... but what about the significance of Hitler’s Birthday? Purely coincidence, or irony at its finest?

Btw, I have learned so much from visiting this sight. I’ll admit when I first happened upon it that I assumed it was troll central. Happily, I was wrong about that. Anyway, thank you for sharing some knowledge for the ignorant!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:00 am

JayT wrote:
The boys studying German, and by all accounts doing well. And as we all know, this was Hitlers Birthday. Do you think they paid any attention to this, or was it happenstance?

I swear we must've gone over this like a thousand times, but I'll bite.

To my knowledge, Eric and Dylan originally wanted to commit the murders on the 19th as a homage to Timothy McVeigh an the Waco siege, but postponed it due to a shipment of Eric's ammo not arriving until later that day.

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:04 am

JayT wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

12/20/98

Figures E would quash my future post with his foreboding sense of irony.

Thanks for enlightening me Mrs. SG

... but what about the significance of Hitler’s Birthday? Purely coincidence, or irony at its finest?

Btw, I have learned so much from visiting this sight. I’ll admit when I first happened upon it that I assumed it was troll central. Happily, I was wrong about that. Anyway, thank you for sharing some knowledge for the ignorant!

There has been much speculation on the chosen date for the attack. Some think that it was supposed to be earlier, but Mark Manes kept forgetting to get the ammo that Eric needed. He finally came through buying the last box on the 19th, which would have pushed the attack date to the 20th. But who really knows, as all we can do is speculate and make educated guesses.  

Also this is a fairly troll free forum. Some do try from time to time, but it never lasts long before they are shut down. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 am

QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:
The boys studying German, and by all accounts doing well. And as we all know, this was Hitlers Birthday. Do you think they paid any attention to this, or was it happenstance?

I swear we must've gone over this like a thousand times, but I'll bite.

To my knowledge, Eric and Dylan originally wanted to commit the murders on the 19th as a homage to Timothy McVeigh an the Waco siege, but postponed it due to a shipment of Eric's ammo not arriving until later that day.

Yes what he said! Haha I should have read the new message posted before I clicked send!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 am

I still don’t entirely understand why Eric being 18 couldn’t buy the ammo himself....

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I still don’t entirely understand why Eric being 18 couldn’t buy the ammo himself....

Gotta be 21 to buy hand gun ammo.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 am

Population Control wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Thank you!! I didn’t know that
Back to top Go down
evelynssye

Contribution Points : 56503

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:17 am

JayT wrote:

First tidbit: The boys studying German, and by all accounts doing well. And as we all know, this was Hitlers Birthday. Do you think they paid any attention to this, or was it happenstance?

Tidbit Two: KMFDM releasing their “Adios” album. The boys loved KMFDM, and the title is straight out of the twilight zone for the happenings of the day. I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard that E&D knew the album was dropping that day, or the title?

You thoughts on this?

I find parts of it ironic, but also I definitely believe it was fate.

One thing I can't completely wrap my head around is why April? Why not March? The only thing I can think of is they wanted to screw with everyones head in a sort of, "this is how this school year is going to be remembered, not graduating." I know Eric mentioned Timothy McVeigh, and the Oklahoma Bombings were on April 19th, but he also references a lot of other things that have happened that caused mayhem that weren't happening necessarily in April. But he also said in the basement tapes that he wasn't sure if they should do it before or after prom..

I think the whole German influence was all Eric. Dylan may have studied it only cause Eric was into it. But Eric is the gun-ho one about Germany and Hitler and Nazis.. I DO NOT think though, that he purposely planned the Massacre to be on Hitlers Birthday, that was just happenstance.. getting the ammo and all that..

"Adios" coming out in April was Ironic. I'm sure Eric was pleased with that as he indicates in his journal entry. Just another cherry on top..

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:40 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Population Control wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Thank you!! I didn’t know that

Oh you are welcome man.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:49 am

evelynssye wrote:
JayT wrote:

You thoughts on this?

I find parts of it ironic, but also I definitely believe it was fate.

One thing I can't completely wrap my head around is why April? Why not March? The only thing I can think of is they wanted to screw with everyones head in a sort of, "this is how this school year is going to be remembered, not graduating." I know Eric mentioned Timothy McVeigh, and the Oklahoma Bombings were on April 19th, but he also references a lot of other things that have happened that caused mayhem that weren't happening necessarily in April. But he also said in the basement tapes that he wasn't sure if they should do it before or after prom..

I think the whole German influence was all Eric. Dylan may have studied it only cause Eric was into it. But Eric is the gun-ho one about Germany and Hitler and Nazis.. I DO NOT think though, that he purposely planned the Massacre to be on Hitlers Birthday, that was just happenstance.. getting the ammo and all that..

"Adios" coming out in April was Ironic. I'm sure Eric was pleased with that as he indicates in his journal entry. Just another cherry on top..

I think it is also kind of weird with the weather, but now living in Colorado I see it is pretty common, but you have snow and cold. Then April 20 is GORGEOUS outside, it is I believe senior skip day and the massacre happens. Eric complains about the snow. Then later in the day the ominous clouds roll in and the next day it snows.

I moved to Denver a week before the 19th anniversary. The morning started out beautifully, it became cold, I went to the memorial. Later it rained and the next day it snowed... Sad

Eric and Dylan also predicted that they would have followers and people would study them. They as well as Rachel said they wanted to start a chain reaction. I think it is the many small reasons Columbine remains so interesting.

Then odd little moments like John Savage saying he wasn't sure if he wanted to go to the music room and practice or go to the library. I think someone said one of the girls moved from Table 9 where Lauren, Val and Lisa were to another table shortly before the massacre to walk a friend to class. Her table was untouched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Irony or fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony or fate   Irony or fate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Irony or fate
Page 1 of 1