Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What did E and D use to listen to music?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
23september

Contribution Points : 66515
Forum Reputation : 50

What did E and D use to listen to music? Empty
PostSubject: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 am

Did they have stereos in their cars and rooms? Walk mans? Record players?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193457
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 am

23september wrote:

Dylan's family has a record player. I assume they had walkmans and radio/Tape players in their car too.

I THINK Dylan had a stereo in his room

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57401
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 am

23september wrote:

8-track baby, yeah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:53 am

JayT wrote:
23september wrote:

8-track baby, yeah!

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 am

I think they were buying mainly cds at the time. Eric had a few receipts from the place he bought his music from.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97867
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm

I know they used CDs. A "Fly CD" was mentioned by them in the vids. Walkmans were mostly a thing of the early 90s, people still had them around in 1999 but CD was the main technology of the day.

I'd assume they mostly used portable CD mp3 or track players - what we called a "discman".

Having said that, both tape and CD technology were used in paralell at the time. I remember a summer cap somewhere between 99 and 2001 where I had one of the early Philips discmens (using AA batteries) and a guy in the next room had a walkman and tapes. We would listen to each other's metal music.

Ah nostalgia... hey, I just found that exact Philips discman here.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66515
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57401
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Sabratha wrote:
I know they used CDs. A "Fly CD" was mentioned by them in the vids. Walkmans were mostly a thing of the early 90s, people still had them around in 1999 but CD was the main technology of the day.

I'd assume they mostly used portable CD mp3 or track players - what we called a "discman".

Having said that, both tape and CD technology were used in paralell at the time. I remember a summer cap somewhere between 99 and 2001 where I had one of the early Philips discmens (using AA batteries) and a guy in the next room had a walkman and tapes. We would listen to each other's metal music.

Ah nostalgia... hey, I just found that exact Philips discman here.

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36400
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2022 1:06 am

I'm guessing their cars had CD or cassette tape players in their cars so they could listen while driving

Also guessing they had CD players in their rooms

Does anyone know if in the 11k if there is any mention of music players of some sort?

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did E and D use to listen to music?   What did E and D use to listen to music? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did E and D use to listen to music?
Page 1 of 1