Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The van break-in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57401
Forum Reputation : 0

The van break-in Empty
PostSubject: The van break-in   The van break-in Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 11:43 am

How exactly were the boys caught? I’m assuming they were caught in the act, but I cannot find anything other than “they were caught”. Also, do you believe this incident, along with its ramifications, helped to further alienate them from society?

I know they talk about this in their respective journals, but I feel the journals were written for the purpose of being read. So, I view them with a measure of speculation.
Back to top Go down

The van break-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The van break-in   The van break-in Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 11:47 am

They were caught after the fact. They had driven into a park after normal hours and was going through the stolen goods when Deputy Walsh happened to spot them.

I do think the van incident solidified their bond, likely making them feel even more like it was them against the world.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97867
Forum Reputation : 440

The van break-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The van break-in   The van break-in Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 11:59 am

JayT wrote:
How exactly were the boys caught? I’m assuming they were caught in the act, but I cannot find anything other than “they were caught”. Also, do you believe this incident, along with its ramifications, helped to further alienate them from society?

I know they talk about this in their respective journals, but I feel the journals were written for the purpose of being read. So, I view them with a measure of speculation.

They broke the window of the van. At first it didn't budge, Eric went to find a rock but when he got back Dylan already broke the window. Then they took the stuff from the Van. It was (amongst other things) an electric induction meter, gamepads and a military or industrial grade flashlight. They packed this not to the trunk of the car, but to the back seat.

They drove away with no headlights, but with inner car lights on. According to Walsh, its the weird light that drew his attention as he passed them on the road. So he decided to turn around and follow them at some distance.

They drove to some deserted roadside parking zone. They stopped, they were the only car there. They did not come out nor did the inner light in their car go off. They started looking at the stuff they got. They don't seem to have heard Walsh approach them and he heard Eric talk about how cool and strong the flashlight is and Dylan mentioned something about moving the stuff to the trunk.

Walsh confronted them, at first they said that they found teh stuff on the side of the road, but Walsh convinced them that there will be an investigation and its gonna be easier if they come clean there and then.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The van break-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The van break-in   The van break-in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The van break-in
Page 1 of 1