Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66785
Forum Reputation : 25

Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types Empty
PostSubject: Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types   Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 7:08 am

So, this is one of the most popular personality tests out there. A lot of people find the result they got accurate, including me. So, lately I’ve been theorizing about which personality groups E & D most likely belonged to.

I think Eric fits the personality description of, “ENTJ” the most; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dylan, on the other hand, was most likely an INFJ; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, I know that descriptions such as, “As Diplomats, they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality” don’t normally apply to a hateful rampage killer, but there’s a destructive version of every personality type from the Myers-Briggs test. It’s speculated that Hitler was also an INFJ, btw.

The Destructive INFJ; “The destructive INFJ is manipulative, scheming, and self-righteous. Above all, they seek to fulfill their vision for the future. They will go to any lengths to reach this vision, even if it means deceit, underhanded deals and trickery. They justify what they do because in their mind “the end justifies the means”. They often consider themselves better and more broad-minded than others, and thus conclude that any input from the outside world is silly and shallow. They live in their own subjective fantasy world and stop attributing value to human interactions. People are to be used to reach their end goal. If they hurt people along the way they’ll try to stifle any sense of guilt they might feel. They will try to escape those people so they don’t have to actually confront their own wrongdoings. In their close relationships they may be passive aggressive, and use people’s faults and shortcomings against them as blackmail. When faced with their wrongdoings, they may fall into self-pity or else shut people out of their life who don’t show them complete approval.”

^(I think the bold font applies to Dylan in particular)

I think the, “evil” version of ENTJ fits Eric to a tee.

The Destructive ENTJ; Destructive ENTJs are domineering, aggressive, and quick-tempered. They have a clear vision for the future and will force everyone to follow their vision, caring little for other people’s perspectives and views. They have fiery tempers and can be intimidating bullies, using their quick wits and cold hard logic as a weapon to humiliate and silence their opponents. They will consider themselves above emotions and subjective “feelings”, but will become temperamental and wallow in self-pity when things don’t go their way. They consider the feelings and values of others stupid or silly and they are exceedingly proud of their logical, “superiority”. They like to control other people, and enjoy using their intuitive perceptions as a way to play mean tricks on others. Domination is a game to them, and they are increasingly power hungry as they become more and more unhealthy.

Source; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types   Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 am

I think that INFJ description fits Dylan to a T, from all I've read of him.

The ENTJ is not quite as close to Eric. I definitely think he wanted to be dominant and wanted to control other people/make them see things his way, but he wasn't ever able to make that happen. So, to me the ENTJ describes almost more of what he wanted to be like but he wasn't very good at it, if that makes sense. Can you fail at your own personality type?!  scratch
Back to top Go down
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66785
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types   Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 am

thelmar wrote:
I think that INFJ description fits Dylan to a T, from all I've read of him.

The ENTJ is not quite as close to Eric. I definitely think he wanted to be dominant and wanted to control other people/make them see things his way, but he wasn't ever able to make that happen. So, to me the ENTJ describes almost more of what he wanted to be like but he wasn't very good at it, if that makes sense. Can you fail at your own personality type?!  scratch

I think so too, especially since Dylan expressed having a desire for peace and harmony, in his diary.

I catch your drift, but the way I see it, Eric failed at utilizing the strengths that his personality type had bestowed on him due to being immature and inexperienced.

PostSubject: Re: Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types   Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myers-Briggs test; E & D’s personality types
Page 1 of 1