Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thoughts about Devon Adams

Go down 
+7
milennialrebelette
Sabratha
thelmar
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Pixie13
Kerea2244
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123675
Forum Reputation : 40

thoughts about Devon Adams Empty
PostSubject: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 1:56 pm

What do you think about her?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 pm

I met Devon briefly but didn’t lead on that I “knew” about her. I think she has a lot of strength and a lot of guilt. I think she cared deeply for Dylan

What has always made me interested is her and Zach’s relationship after. Devon was right there saying that she still cared about him and she was just very angry and Zach completely went the opposite way and just renounced him. Dylan was just a racist, murderer who was too dumb to study computers etc...

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I met Devon briefly but didn’t lead on that I “knew” about her. I think she has a lot of strength and a lot of guilt. I think she cared deeply for Dylan

What has always made me interested is her and Zach’s relationship after. Devon was right there saying that she  still cared about him and she was just very angry and Zach completely went the opposite way and just renounced him. Dylan was just a racist, murderer who was too dumb to study computers etc...
I think she was a very good friend and a very nice person but theres just something about her that's a little off to but I cant put my finger on it
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

What has always made me interested is her and Zach’s relationship after. Devon was right there saying that she  still cared about him and she was just very angry and Zach completely went the opposite way and just renounced him. Dylan was just a racist, murderer who was too dumb to study computers etc...
I think she was a very good friend and a very nice person but theres just something about her that's a little off to but I cant put my finger on it

I agree. I chalk it up to the trauma she went through when she was so young.

I do sometimes think she exaggerates a bit about how close she was to Dylan. I don’t know the nature of their friendship but he seemed closer to people like Nate and Robyn

Though at the end of the day whether Dylan , wherever he is, or his mom want to admit it or not Eric was ultimately his best friend

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I think she has a lot of strength and a lot of guilt.

Agreed. Clearly the attack effected her deeply. Being friends with someone who did something so horrible that it pretty much made history and completely altered your entire world would be something very hard to live with. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 pm

[quote="Screamingophelia"][quote="Kerea2244"]
Screamingophelia wrote:

Though at the end of the day whether Dylan , wherever he is, or his mom want  to admit it or not Eric was ultimately  his best friend
that's so true. I don't think there was anything anyone could say or do to stop what they were doing/planning
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 56751
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm

It must be really hard to have lost classmates (in Tom Mauser's book he says that Devon was in debate class with Daniel) to someone who you counted as a friend. You must go over and over what you wish you had done, maybe she exaggerates her closeness to Dylan because she wished they'd been close enough for her to somehow change what happened.
I think perhaps the most interesting/difficult part of Columbine is the fact that there were friends who clearly loved Dylan and Eric and couldn't see them as monsters even after their horrific crimes. They weren't bitter losers who had nobody to talk to, they didn't have abusive parents, in many ways they had a life worth living and yet they took their own lives, as well as 13 other innocent lives.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
in many ways they had a life worth living

Not in their opinion. 

Does make me wonder when and how they felt it was worth it to throw everything away.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
It must be really hard to have lost classmates (in Tom Mauser's book he says that Devon was in debate class with Daniel) to someone who you counted as a friend. You must go over and over what you wish you had done, maybe she exaggerates her closeness to Dylan because she wished they'd been close enough for her to somehow change what happened.
I think perhaps the most interesting/difficult part of Columbine is the fact that there were friends who clearly loved Dylan and Eric and couldn't see them as monsters even after their horrific crimes. They weren't bitter losers who had nobody to talk to,  they didn't have abusive parents, in many ways they had a life worth living and yet they took their own lives, as well as 13 other innocent lives.

That’s What gets to me as well all the lives that were so intertwined. Devon was friends with Danny, Rachel and Dylan. So she has to mourn three people and one of them in a very different way. Also there is a part of the 11 K that gets me it’s about Robyn wanting to get film from I think prom from Lisa Kreutz and to check on her and people refused to let Robyn contact her.

I know Brooks said he was friends with Rachel and Danny. I think Brooks was like a mentor or something to Danny. I’m not sure about any other friendships. I would not be surprised if some of the seniors also knew Lauren and Dylan/ Eric and liked them all in general..

I think Val and Dylan used to talk in class a lot from what I’ve heard

I wonder if Cassie and Rachel knew each other and if they liked each other.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

I think Val and Dylan used to talk in class a lot from what I’ve heard

I heard this, too, although I can't remember where. But once when I was researching the whole "she said yes" thing, I came across these statements by Val Schnurr in the 11k:
"This Investigator showed Val a photographic lineup displaying Klebold in position [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Val identified subject in position [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Klebold) with the following comments:

- That the person in position [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Klebold) looked like the person she saw in the library on 042099 that approached her while she was under a table and asked her if she believed in God.

- That Val did not know or recognize the aforementioned person (Klebold).
"

I'm assuming that Dylan must have known another Val but I couldn't find one in the 11k that said they knew him.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 12:30 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:
in many ways they had a life worth living

Not in their opinion. 

Does make me wonder when and how they felt it was worth it to throw everything away.

I'd say 1998 at least. Dylan by all evidence had long term depression, with the usual ups and downs of that pattern. I'm sure he had moments of "I don't care, I want to die" at least back in 1997 and he likely had "ups" in 1998, but by late 1998 he was too focused (thanks to Eric in a large part) to have the mood swings and depressive inertia to steer him away from NBK.

Eric? That's a more puzzling issue. In my opinion, Eric's dissatisfaction was building up in a linear way for the last few years of his life. At some point after the van brake-in, his dissatisfaction with society reached a tipping point. A point when he decided the best way to deal with society is to "opt-out" of the whole thing.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Kalamity likes this post

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59415
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:49 pm

From what my sister said not too many people in their class knew Cassie. She transferred in, only hung out with her WBBC youth group crowd, etc. I think my sister had a class with her but didn't really know her Rachel on the other hand went to Normandy ES then KCMS with my sister and a bunch Columbine kids so they all had deeper friendships. And Rachel didn't really talk tons about being Christian and had a much broader group of friends.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:58 pm

That was something they had mentioned with Dylan and Rachel. I think Dylan went to Normandy at some point then to Ken Caryl, but he was a year ahead of her so they may have still not known each other until HS when they did theatre.

I know this may be an odd question and you probably get asked this a lot but kind of the elephant in the room... did your sister know Eric and Dylan at all?

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 11:40 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

If you dont mind me asking, how did you meet Devon?
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59415
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 2:37 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
That was something they had mentioned with Dylan and Rachel. I think Dylan went to Normandy at some point then to Ken Caryl, but he was a year ahead of her so they may have still not known each other until HS when they did theatre.

I know this may be an odd question and you probably get asked this a lot but kind of the elephant in the room... did your sister know Eric and Dylan at all?

My sister says she never interacted with Dylan personally. He only went to Normandy for like kindergarten and first grade then he went to Governor's Ranch which is on the north side of the Columbine feeder area. She definitely didn't know him then, the only older kids she knew were neighbors and friends siblings. Rachel was in a bunch of her elementary school classes starting in kindergarten which is how they first became friends, and she says she's almost certain Rachel, like her had no idea who he was before they started at Columbine in 96 and doubts she really even knew who he was until she got really into theater a few years later. She went to a couple of Rachel's performances when he did tech work but if anything she recalls some of the guys she hung out bullying some of his group and she'd tell them it was stupid and they should cut it out, but she never did anything beyond that like dump one of the guys she was dating on the football team,or go personally apologize to the kids being bullied or tell the dean or Mr. D, and she has only started to get help for it, she held it in for a long time.

As far as Eric our mom's house was just down the street from the Harris's house in Columbine Knolls South. My mom still lived there when I went to Columbine, I helped her sell the house at the end of my senior year. In middle school they rode the bus together. But they definitely were never friends. I'm sure Eric probably hated my sister in high school. She was a varsity pom, dated jocks, was in youth group, kind of superficial (all her own words) when she was a teenager. She does remember starting in middle school to the beginning of high school Brooks (who lived up the street the other way, our houses weren't on the same street but ones that were different but all wound around and connected) and Eric hanging out in the neighborhood, a lot of times but not always with Dylan and Nate. There were a lot of places teepeed and other minor vandalism around this time in the neighborhood. She said she got along really well Aaron, Brook's little brother, when they were in elementary and middle school. He was way more "popular" even though he didn't play sports he hung out with guys like Craig Scott and kind of ran in my sister's crowd. Brooks not so much. My sister says even back when they were little kids like 4-7th grade, Brooks had the whole superiority thing going on, he made fun of her for "being dumb" as she recalls.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 8:41 am

milennialrebelette wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

My sister says she never interacted with Dylan personally. He only went to Normandy for like kindergarten and first grade then he went to Governor's Ranch which is on the north side of the Columbine feeder area. She definitely didn't know him then, the only older kids she knew were neighbors and friends siblings. Rachel was in a bunch of her elementary school classes starting in kindergarten which is how they first became friends, and she says she's almost certain Rachel, like her had no idea who he was before they started at Columbine in 96 and doubts she really even knew who he was until she got really into theater a few years later. She went to a couple of Rachel's performances when he did tech work but if anything she recalls some of the guys she hung out bullying some of his group and she'd tell them it was stupid and they should cut it out, but she never did anything beyond that like dump one of the guys she was dating on the football team,or go personally apologize to the kids being bullied or tell the dean or Mr. D, and she has only started to get help for it, she held it in for a long time.

As far as Eric our mom's house was just down the street from the Harris's house in Columbine Knolls South. My mom still lived there when I went to Columbine, I helped her sell the house at the end of my senior year. In middle school they rode the bus together. But they definitely were never friends. I'm sure Eric probably hated my sister in high school. She was a varsity pom, dated jocks, was in youth group, kind of superficial (all her own words) when she was a teenager. She does remember starting in middle school to the beginning of high school Brooks  (who lived up the street the other way, our houses weren't on the same street but ones that were different but all wound around and connected) and Eric hanging out in the neighborhood, a lot of times but not always with Dylan and Nate. There were a lot of places teepeed and other minor vandalism around this time in the neighborhood. She said she got along really well Aaron, Brook's little brother, when they were in elementary and middle school. He was way more "popular" even though he didn't play sports he hung out with guys like Craig Scott and kind of ran in my sister's crowd. Brooks not so much. My sister says even back when they were little kids like 4-7th grade, Brooks had the whole superiority thing going on, he made fun of her for "being dumb" as she recalls.

I have to say it is nice to have you here! I like to hear from people that have been there.

As far as Devon, I get a weird vibe from her. I remember her talking in a documentary and she kept gushing on about how Eric had a crush on her like it was something to brag about.

Kalamity likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I remember her talking in a documentary and she kept gushing on about how Eric had a crush on her like it was something to brag about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do you remember which Doc that was in? scratch
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
I remember her talking in a documentary and she kept gushing on about how Eric had a crush on her like it was something to brag about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Do you remember which Doc that was in? scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
At around 3 minute mark

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Do you remember which Doc that was in? scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At around 3 minute mark

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 am

Yes now I remembered it! LOL! GOD Brooks always comes off as an ass doesn't he? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 am

The music in that doc is so horrible.

Brooks comes off as an ass bc he is an ass lol. I really don't like him at all

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Yes now I remembered it! LOL! GOD Brooks always comes off as an ass doesn't he? Rolling Eyes  

I do question the whole best friend thing I think a lot of people throw that word around when it came to Dylan. Lotta people call Dylan their best friend...

If I had to speculate not knowing anybody personally I would say Dylan thought Zach was his best friend. I assume a lot of people would say Nate was Dylan’s best friend but in the end Eric was clearly his best friend.

I think as far as the crush thing I think a lot of kids that age have crushes on each other. But I don’t think it lasted very long if true especially when Zach and Devon started dating.

Eric seemed to be preoccupied with a lot of other girls during that time

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 am

Lizpuff wrote:
The music in that doc is so horrible.

Brooks comes off as an ass bc he is an ass lol.  I really don't like him at all

LOL
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 9:49 am

I wonder if Devon knew what Dylan wrote about her when she said that. How Dylan said he wanted to kill her for taking Zach away.

Although it seems they had a nice last night at prom together so maybe she chooses to think of that instead

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am

I also Wonder how Dylan felt when Eric was threatening her...

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I've heard that he threatened her but never saw any evidence of it beyond what Devon has said. Do you know if there is anything more concrete to back this up?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 pm

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I've heard that he threatened her but never saw any evidence of it beyond what Devon has said. Do you know if there is anything more concrete to back this up?

To be honest , I don’t think so. Only that she was on Eric’s hit list

Contribution Points : 66810
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am

She seems like a very passionate and authentic individual with a keen intellect and a lot of emotional depth. She's definitely an independent thinker. That's why she's so creative and on the unconventional side of the spectrum. Furthermore, she has a captivating way of expressing herself. E & D befriended some pretty interesting people.

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:08 pm

I know that Devon was at school the day of the attack, but her police statement doesn't go over where she was, how she got out, etc.
Can anyone point me in the direction of any documentation showing where she was when the incident began?
Short of that, can anyone give me any specifics you know regarding where she was?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 pm

thelmar wrote:
I know that Devon was at school the day of the attack, but her police statement doesn't go over where she was, how she got out, etc.
Can anyone point me in the direction of any documentation showing where she was when the incident began?
Short of that, can anyone give me any specifics you know regarding where she was?

I don’t remember where I read it but I think she was in math class and then retuned later to give a description of Dylan to the police

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 7:26 pm

I remember she wrote an article a while back saying she'd escaped the school and gone to the park. And I also remember a student mentioning a girl named Devon, who after hearing the shooters wore Trench Coats, named Dylan as a possible suspect.
But there's no police statement saying where she was- frustrating!
Back to top Go down
Amy101

Contribution Points : 49775
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Dylan and Devon slow danced at the prom. And then kissed the top of her head. They were also going to go see the matrix. I wonder... Could Dylan have had a secret crush on Devon, or Devon had a secret crush on him??? Or they both had a secret crush on each other? After all, they were very very close. Anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about Devon Adams   thoughts about Devon Adams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thoughts about Devon Adams
Page 1 of 1