Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing

Go down 
+56
Koltin
cakeman
Pixie13
LevtinAlex
Vallutaja
AlteRoad
Introvert
Adam Lanza
Rush228
CarelessLoner
rebel2013
Juicy Jazzy
Ansølo
MysteryMan
Russianman
Prahacity
Screamingophelia
spinvault
MrAdventure
sindydee
arnounymus
D-FENS1993
Draw_It_White
James411
Tuga
lockerouch
matej2121
dhalia
Rose The Hat
Ainjel
Oldmare
FlowDisruptor
Jenn
W.A.R.
InsaneIntruder
Giga143
TheGoodGuy
rabadon55
Scarletmoon
STK
Jea
Yogananda
rebel82
Emanation of Darkness
Cobra6
UncontinuedProcess
Unknown
WhereHateRunsRed
aperiogaming
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
School Massacre Archives
DooMRebel
REBdoomer1999
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:29 am

This is the vid I was talking about earlier in the thread. Vlad was caught on security footage as he was buying his ammo.

It looks like this kid was barely in control of himself. The emotions on his face are real and raw, he is clearly distressed.  I mean this wasn't how he was acting behind closed doors, this was him in a public place surrounded by people. How did no one see this?! No
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:42 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

This is the vid I was talking about earlier in the thread. Vlad was caught on security footage as he was buying his ammo.

It looks like this kid was barely in control of himself. The emotions on his face are real and raw, he is clearly distressed.  I mean this wasn't how he was acting behind closed doors, this was him in a public place surrounded by people. How did no one see this?! No
Well these sort of attacks aren't common in Russia, so I doubt anyone cared about the warning signs.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Surrounded by people in a store selling him bullets no less.

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

True. I'm trying to find any mental health records on him, but the language issue has hampered me a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Russian television showed a video from surveillance cameras In Russia released a video with surveillance cameras in Polytechnic College occupied Kerch, where on 17 October, the attack killed 21 people. About it reports the Chronicle.info with reference to RBC-Ukraine

Note, the video was recorded as an alleged terrorist Vladislav Roslyakov goes to College, meets with an unidentified person who may be involved in the attack. Further, from the record it shows that Roslyakov left the backpack in the cupboard, then there was an explosion. He subsequently opened fire from firearms.

I wonder if this person has been found and "questioned" yet?  Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Thousands of people attended funerals and memorial services in recent days for the victims of a mass shooting that took place in Crimea, Russia last Wednesday. More burials in towns across the country are expected this week, as families from as far away as the Ural Mountains mourn their loss.

Just before noon on October 17, Vladislav Roslyakov opened fired at the Kerch Polytechnical College, killing 21 people and injuring 73. The fourth-year student, aged 18, began his rampage in the college’s cafeteria, where he detonated a homemade bomb, according to some reports. He then made his way through the building, shooting bystanders at random before turning his gun on himself.

Among the dead were five staff members of the college. The other fatalities were students at the vocational institution, which offers training in a variety of applied sciences. Of the students killed, a majority were under the age of 18.

A special team of pediatric surgeons from Saint Petersburg was dispatched to nearby hospitals to help treat the youngest among the injured. Doctors are dealing with shrapnel wounds as well as gunshot wounds as a result of the explosive device apparently set off during the attack.

There is some speculation, based on video evidence, that Roslyakov had an accomplice. A copy of surveillance camera footage was recently posted on Vesti.ru, but has since been taken down, after objections to making it public.

Public officials have announced that families of the dead will receive 1 million rubles, just over $15,000. Those of the injured will get half that amount.

Kerch, the site of the tragedy, is a port city of just under 150,000 on the far eastern edge of Crimea. In addition to attracting tourists to its ancient ruins and nearby beaches along the Black and Azov seas, Kerch is home to fishing, metallurgical, iron and shipbuilding enterprises. A newly opened bridge connects Kerch and all of Crimea to Russia’s mainland.

The Crimean peninsula, formerly a part of Ukraine, became a region of Russia in 2014 after a popular referendum held in the aftermath of a far-right coup in Kiev. In opposition to the anti-Russian government installed in Ukraine with the support of the US and Germany, in March 2014 Crimea’s population—overwhelmingly Russian-speaking—voted to become a part of their eastern neighbor. While the Kremlin has sought to make much of the social and economic improvements made in Crimea in the aftermath of Russia’s takeover, wages still remain well below the national average and much of the population struggles to pay for basic necessities.

Roslyakov’s motives are unknown. He was, by all accounts, a quiet and socially isolated young man. In 2016, he stopped using his social media accounts but continued to have an internet presence using a number of pseudonyms. According to press reports, Roslyakov followed sites that promoted Nazis and violence and viewed material on executions and bomb-making. He had a gun permit and purchased his weapon legally, although Russia has relatively tight gun laws and widespread gun violence is uncommon.

Prior to carrying out the attack, Roslyakov destroyed his personal effects in a fire, including his clothes, laptop and cell phone. Investigators are currently working to retrieve information from his electronic devices.

There is some speculation, based on what he was wearing at the time of the shooting and the videos he watched online, that Roslyakov modeled himself after the Columbine massacre killers. In 1999, two seniors at Columbine High School in Colorado murdered 12 people in one of the first mass school shootings in the US. Dozens more such horrific events have taken place at schools in the US since.

The Kremlin blamed Western influences for the crime, with Russian President Vladimir Putin declaring that one could see in the event the effects of “globalization” and “social networks.” The Russian authorities, which preside over a society with extreme levels of social inequality and widespread feelings of despair, are incapable of providing any sort of honest account, much less an explanation, of what kind of reality might drive an individual to such psychopathic levels of violence. Instead, they seek to use the tragedy as a means to crack down on the internet and promote Russian nationalism by implying that what happened is the product of a Western culture they oppose.

In Ukraine there has been an effort to blame Russian influence for Roslyakov’s murder spree. One pro-Kiev human rights group declared that it was a product of the militarization of everyday life in the region, which they insist was illegally invaded and seized by Moscow. The idea, however, that such pro-Ukrainian forces are concerned about mass violence is absurd. The government in Kiev is under the control of far-right politicians who allow murderous gangs of Nazi sympathizers to rage around the country.

"There is some speculation, based on what he was wearing at the time of the shooting and the videos he watched online, that Roslyakov modeled himself after the Columbine massacre killers."

No speculation at all, just facts. Vlad CLEARLY copied Columbine almost exactly. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

Contribution Points : 68354
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It looks like this kid was barely in control of himself. The emotions on his face are real and raw, he is clearly distressed.  I mean this wasn't how he was acting behind closed doors, this was him in a public place surrounded by people. How did no one see this?! 🇳🇴
Hes so obviously not mentally stable here and can barely keep his emotions in check as you pointed out. Judging by his facial expression i would say his voice was likely shakey too. It astounds me that a store would sell bullets to someone that is this obvious. This is a case of another red flag completely ignored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well these sort of attacks aren't common in Russia, so I doubt anyone cared about the warning signs.

Maybe. But still.  I'm just the type of girl that when I see someone this openly emotional in a public place I'm am going to ask them if I can help, or at least ask if they are OK. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

True. I'm trying to find any mental health records on him, but the language issue has hampered me a bit.

I read on some Russian articles translated by Google that experts found nothing wrong with him and so he was able to buy the guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I read on some Russian articles translated by Google that experts found nothing wrong with him and so he was able to buy the guns.

I did see somewhere that he had passed some sort of psychiatric examination in older to be allowed to buy the weapon. BUT then again Nik Cruz was also allowed to purchase guns, so that isn't saying much. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I did see somewhere that he had passed some sort of psychiatric examination in older to be allowed to buy the weapon. BUT then again Nik Cruz was also allowed to purchase guns, so that isn't saying much. Suspect

IIRC the examination was about 20 minutes long, and the psychiatrist examined his bodies to see if there were signs of self-harm.

Again, careful because it is translated by Google, I found this: "A student bought a shotgun and 150 rounds for it in the store. He had official permission to carry a weapon. He received it, after passing September 8 psychological examination."

"To establish the mental sanity of Vladislav Roslyakov, or, conversely, insanity, a psychiatric examination will be carried out posthumously."

"SC also appointed Roslyakov posthumous psychological and psychiatric examination."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm

What drove Vladislav Roslyakov to kill?

When an 18-year old described by his classmates as a “calm and quiet” C-grade student executes a plan that kills 20 others, before dying himself without leaving a suicide note, having previously scrubbed his online presence, this is going to give rise to speculation.

One portrait emerges of an archetypal loner, who “was difficult to talk to, and didn’t have any friends,” according to his own father. An online acquaintance told RT that Roslyakov confessed to her that he “planned to kill himself,” but first would “take revenge on those who humiliated him for being different” (another said his issue was with “mean teachers” at his vocational college, where he was studying to be a construction electrician).

Color is added by a neighbor, who claimed that Vladislav showed signs of cruelty and was caught torturing cats in the basement of his apartment block as a child, and was further isolated because his mother was a “cultist.” Galina, a nurse at a local hospital, is reportedly a prominent activist with the local Jehovah’s Witnesses chapter.

An expert on Russian television has already blamed the non-existent game Doka 2 – presumably the fantasy-themed online brawler Dota 2 – for the shooting, while an MP has urged a ban on “violent” video games.

There is, however, more solid evidence that Roslyakov harbored an interest in serial and mass murderers – he described them to one classmate as “geniuses” who “know what they want to do,” and was likely inspired by US-style school shootings, which did not exist in the Soviet Union, or Russia, until recently. The clothes he put on specifically for the massacre – black jeans, a white t-shirt with a slogan, a gun strapped across the shoulder – appear to be a direct homage to Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers, just one of several indicators that this was a copycat attack.

Yet each of the lurid details is counterbalanced by multiple descriptions of Roslyakov as previously harmless and “well-mannered.” He had no criminal or psychiatric record, was not on the verge of expulsion or homelessness, and no one thought it necessary to warn the police about the teen.

How did the killer obtain his weapons?

This appears to be the most factually uncontroversial part of the story. Roslyakov underwent all necessary steps, including a psychological assessment, and a weapons handling course (“he was taking it in like a sponge,” said the instructor) before buying a rifle and then 150 rounds of ammunition last Saturday.

Less obvious is how the student from a poor family, reportedly with a hard-drinking disabled father, was able to save up over $600 that it cost to buy the gun and bullets, though one of the men he played with online speculated that he could have earned the money on the internet, from activities as innocent as selling his multiplayer account, not to mention an ordinary part-time job. Still, this is something that will require investigation.

The nail bombs – some of which were found undetonated in his backpack – were assembled by Roslyakov himself, using information obtained from the internet, a senior national anti-terrorist committee official said on Thursday. Considering his academic specialization in applied tech, and access to necessary materials, this is not implausible, though it would have required some skill, and experimentation – and indeed Roslyakov reportedly boasted about setting off homemade explosives.

How did he carry out the attack?

Details about the time, method of entry, and exact sequence of Wednesday morning’s attack have varied in media and official reports, but two things have remained consistent – the chaos and the brevity.

It was initially reported that Roslyakov entered through a recently installed switched-off metal detector at the front entrance of the college, but newly published CCTV footage shows the suspected perpetrator climbing over a fence, walking in through a back door. He then changed into his tribute costume (his t-shirt read “Hate” whereas Dylan Klebold, one of the Columbine killers, wore one that said “Wrath”) in a first-floor toilet that was undergoing renovation, and was closed off to students.

Next, the killer descended down to the cafeteria on the ground floor, where students were sitting down for their meals, and planted a bomb, just as Harris and Klebold did on April 20, 1999. Roslyakov stepped out, and set off his device, which worked, unlike in Columbine 19 years ago. There were bloodied bodies and screams of panic, a scramble for survival.

Amid the chaos, the killer took out his Turkish-made Hatsan pump gun, loaded with buckshot bullets – inaccurate and weak at a distance, but deadly up close. Roslyakov strutted through the corridor, picking off those who crossed his path one by one. It looks like he was specifically looking for two particular teachers, whom he killed as they hid in their offices.

Eyewitness reports: one lecturer tried to persuade Roslyakov to stop, and was shot point-blank, a girl hid behind her boyfriend’s body as he bled to death, another girl jumped out of a first-floor window, and died.

Though he still had bullets left, just as his predecessors had 19 years ago, Roslyakov, knowing that the police would arrive in minutes, walked to the library. There, he turned the gun on himself, and blew away half of his head.

Did he plot the attack on his own?

Almost from the start there was speculation that more than one person was involved – students escaping from the bloodbath spoke of two or even more killers, some said there were multiple explosions, and snipers shooting from the nearby buildings. If anything, this only proves well-known adages about the unreliability of first-hand evidence in such situations.

Experts have also raised doubts about the teenager’s ability to unleash such a deadly sequence of destruction with no prior training, and while handling a weapon he would have had to reload, possibly several times. Others have countered that there was nothing technically impossible about the rate of fire, and the destructiveness of the buckshot is responsible for the damage, more than any marksmanship.

Still, even if Roslyakov executed the shooting spree on his own, someone may have helped train the killer, or at the very least had some knowledge of the attacks as it was planned. But what if the accomplice is an unwitting one? In an interview with Russian daily Moskovsky Komsomolets, a former Chechnya conflict veteran said that Roslyakov relentlessly pursued him and other war veterans online, on the basis of their social media profiles, and befriended them to play online war-strategy games, all while asking detailed questions about firearms and explosives. As soon as the mine of knowledge was exhausted, Roslyakov simply blocked his new-found acquaintances. And this was three years ago.

Things that make you go HMMM. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Eric wanted to start a chain reaction of hate after Columbine. Safe to say this has occurred. There have been so many attacks inspired by Columbine. Even in other countries like Russia. Hell even where I live in Australia there have been a couple of Columbine inspired plots stopped at the last second.

If I recall correctly you guys didn't have a mass shooting for like 20 years. Whether that's because gun control laws were swiftly enacted after the 1996 shooting, I can't say. Either way it must be nice to live in a country where mass shootings aren't routine.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Public officials have announced that families of the dead will receive 1 million rubles, just over $15,000. Those of the injured will get half that amount.

While the Kremlin has sought to make much of the social and economic improvements made in Crimea in the aftermath of Russia’s takeover, wages still remain well below the national average and much of the population struggles to pay for basic necessities.

I'm glad I don't live in Eastern Europe.

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
In opposition to the anti-Russian government installed in Ukraine with the support of the US and Germany,
[…]
One pro-Kiev human rights group declared that it was a product of the militarization of everyday life in the region, which they insist was illegally invaded and seized by Moscow. The idea, however, that such pro-Ukrainian forces are concerned about mass violence is absurd. The government in Kiev is under the control of far-right politicians who allow murderous gangs of Nazi sympathizers to rage around the country.

Gotta love the propaganda tossed in the article too, no point to adding it whatsoever. 

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
An expert on Russian television has already blamed the non-existent game Doka 2 – presumably the fantasy-themed online brawler Dota 2 – for the shooting, while an MP has urged a ban on “violent” video games.

Considering how it was alleged he was going around torturing cats as a child I struggle to understand the importance of video games here, but that's not gonna deter these idiots.

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:39 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I swear, if I ever go on a shooting spree I'm going to blame taxes. Let's see how fast they work to ban those.
Back to top Go down
Ansølo

Contribution Points : 50945
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:29 am

Actually it's a bit funny to watch what russia is trying to come up with, some conclusions who to blame first cause it is the same things that was in the US almost 20 years ago. They just continue to denay other world experience
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 7:23 am

QuestionMark wrote:

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Considering how it was alleged he was going around torturing cats as a child I struggle to understand the importance of video games here, but that's not gonna deter these idiots.

True.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 7:24 am

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I swear, if I ever go on a shooting spree I'm going to blame taxes. Let's see how fast they work to ban those.

BAHAHAHAA! Those DAMN taxes! Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 am

A short queue has formed in front of the entrance because the students are allowed to enter the college group by group only after their papers are checked.

“I am ready for college. I was frightened at the beginning but now I have gotten over it. Besides, everything took place in another building,” a student told Sputnik.

A spokesperson for the Rostov Region Directorate of the Russian Emergencies Ministry told journalists that there was no danger that the building could collapse.

“An examination has been carried out. According to the preliminary information, there is no danger of [the building’s] collapse,” the spokesperson said.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Moscow’s Emergency Children’s Surgery and Traumatology Research Institute told Sputnik that the condition of all injured, who had been transported to the hospital after the incident, had slightly improved.

“Everyone is better now. Several [patients] have been transferred to the wards, the rest are currently in critical condition in the intensive care unit. As for the seriousness [of their condition], everyone’s condition has improved by ‘one point,'” the spokesperson said.

Six injured were transported to the hospital in Moscow and two more patients are set to be transferred to Moscow from Simferopol.

On October 17, an 18-year-old student started shooting and detonated a bomb in the Kerch vocational institution, where he studied himself. The attack claimed the lives of 21 people, including 16 students and 5 staff members, while over 50 were injured. After the attack, the perpetrator committed suicide inside the college library.

Back to top Go down
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 104285

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 am

Ziamber II wrote:
REBdoomer1999 wrote:
It blows my mind that there are still Columbine copycats almost 20 years later.

This could inspire many more Shootings in Russia and possibly Eastern Yurop.
I think there is going to be a Shooting on 4/20 next year.

That is my fear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 5:13 pm

TheDragonoid wrote:
i've watched a CCTV footage that showed Vlad interacting with some classmate just before going into the killing. he even looked like he was giving this student something.

the conspiracies thickens

Agreed. I posted a news article earlier where they are trying to locate the person seen in that vid for questioning.
Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

LMAO this is hilariously well put Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Has the death toll went up any? Last I read it was 21 counting the shooter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 8:01 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

BAHAHAHAA! Those DAMN taxes! Haha

Scarletmoon wrote:

LMAO this is hilariously well put Very Happy

Lol thanks. I mean seriously, they're always looking for the cause right? Always wanting to do away with whatever horrible thing influenced someone to kill? Well maybe someone just became so enraged by taxes that he couldn't take it anymore. Or maybe it was gas prices! Or musicals! Or the damn strawberry section of Neapolitan ice cream! If these shooters were really determined to make some kind of difference they'd have the good sense to worship something that everyone actually hates.
Back to top Go down
CarelessLoner

Contribution Points : 57465

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 am

Anyone bother to pm the picture?
Back to top Go down
Rush228

Contribution Points : 50840

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Vlad 2014

Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 12:34 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

BAHAHAHAA! Those DAMN taxes! [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scarletmoon wrote:

LMAO this is hilariously well put [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lol thanks. I mean seriously, they're always looking for the cause right? Always wanting to do away with whatever horrible thing influenced someone to kill? Well maybe someone just became so enraged by taxes that he couldn't take it anymore. Or maybe it was gas prices! Or musicals! Or the damn strawberry section of Neapolitan ice cream! If these shooters were really determined to make some kind of difference they'd have the good sense to worship something that everyone actually hates.
Yeah, fuck that strawberry section! Lol. I definitely agree with what you are saying though. Unfortunately an obvious trait amongst mass killers (and other killers and most people actually) is selfishness so unless it directly affects them they don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
Adam Lanza
Banned

Contribution Points : 51619

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 1:33 pm

russian columbiner

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Looks like Putin is calling for more gun control.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Putin's reaction after the 2014 Moscow school shooting:

Quote :
Putin, who says young Russians are suffering from a moral vacuum left by the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, said the attack might have been avoided with better cultural education.
Quote :
Russian President Vladimir Putin responded to the shooting by saying that a better cultural upbringing will prevent such tragedies. “We have to raise a new generation of theater-goers with good artistic taste who can understand and value theatrical, dramatic and musical art,” he said at a meeting with theater workers in the city of Pskov. “If we had done this in a proper way, then perhaps there would not have been a tragedy like today’s in Moscow.”

I think there were also debates about gun control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Couple more pics of Vlad. If someone has already posted these let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Vlad was playing Minecraft? And without even shaders or modpacks or anything? Eric would have been very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Neah wrote:
Putin's reaction after the 2014 Moscow school shooting:

Quote :
Putin, who says young Russians are suffering from a moral vacuum left by the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, said the attack might have been avoided with better cultural education.
Quote :
Russian President Vladimir Putin responded to the shooting by saying that a better cultural upbringing will prevent such tragedies.  “We have to raise a new generation of theater-goers with good artistic taste who can understand and value theatrical, dramatic and musical art,” he said at a meeting with theater workers in the city of Pskov. “If we had done this in a proper way, then perhaps there would not have been a tragedy like today’s in Moscow.”

I think there were also debates about gun control.

Moral vacuum? Last I checked the Soviet Union was a corrupt authoritarian dictatorship (one that Putin worked for directly as a member of the KGB I might add), hard to believe that it's absence caused a decline in moral values.

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Here is the the fullest version of Vlad buying the ammo that I can find. I am still amazed at the people seeing this kid standing there almost in tears at one point and no one thought anything of selling him that amount of ammo!

I realize this didn't happen in the US where there may have been more suspicion. But fucking hell, not many could look at his face and tell me that he wasn't plainly having issues.  No Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Here is the the fullest version of Vlad buying the ammo that I can find. I am still amazed at the people seeing this kid standing there almost in tears at one point and no one thought anything of selling him that amount of ammo!

I realize this didn't happen in the US where there may have been more suspicion. But fucking hell, not many could look at his face and tell me that he wasn't plainly having issues.  No Mad

Yeah, and it's not even about the risk of mass shooting, it's about suicide. I mean, can you imagine selling ammos to someone who is struggling not to cry in front of you and not even thinking that you may give him the bullet that will enable him to kill himself.

In France it's the same, sellers in armory watch for signs of depression before selling anything to a client. It's something obvious.
Back to top Go down
Introvert

Introvert

Contribution Points : 64163

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm

It's quite interesting to see all these similarities with Columbine. This is probably like best the sequel in reference to Columbine after nearly 20 years. I mean, the bombs in the cafeteria (which actually work out!), his outfit and style to Eric Harris. Furthermore his planned suicide in the libary with the same death position like Eric. The CCTV videos they published were interesting to watch in comparison to Columbine. Don't get me wrong, it's actually quite fascinating to watch all this staff related to this shooting but this is just depressing for all the victims. By the way, I'm curious how many people got injured or died by the bombs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Introvert wrote:
It's quite interesting to see all these similarities with Columbine. This is probably like best the sequel in reference to Columbine after nearly 20 years. I mean, the bombs in the cafeteria (which actually work out!), his outfit and style to Eric Harris. Furthermore his planned suicide in the libary with the same death position like Eric. The CCTV videos they published were interesting to watch in comparison to Columbine. Don't get me wrong, it's actually quite fascinating to watch all this staff related to this shooting but this is just depressing for all the victims. By the way, I'm curious how many people got injured or died by the bombs?

To my knowledge all deaths were from gunshots. None that I know of have been attributed to the bomb blast, although many were severely injured by the bomb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Yeah, and it's not even about the risk of mass shooting, it's about suicide. I mean, can you imagine selling ammos to someone who is struggling not to cry in front of you and not even thinking that you may give him the bullet that will enable him to kill himself.

My thoughts EXACTLY! I mean he was standing there, chin quivering, lips trembling, eyes red, clearly scared/anxious etc. And no one batted an eye at the amount of ammunition he bought? Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 4:23 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

My thoughts EXACTLY! I mean he was standing there, chin quivering, lips trembling, eyes red, clearly sacred/anxious etc. And no one batted an eye at the amount of ammunition he bought? Evil or Very Mad

Wow. That’s really powerful. I wonder what a seller in the US would do?

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

One would HOPE they would be intuitive enough to realize that something just wasn't right. No

If I saw anyone and I do mean ANYONE man/woman/child/rich/poor/white/black/brown/pink with purple spots etc. acting this way, in near emotional shambles right in front of me, there is just no way I could ignore them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

One would HOPE they would be intuitive enough to realize that something just wasn't right. No

If I saw anyone and I do mean ANYONE man/woman/child/rich/poor/white/black/brown/pink with purple spots etc. acting this way, in near emotional shambles right in front of me, there is just no way I could ignore them.

It happened in an armory so it's different because it is a security, but if it was in the street, remember that people have different relationships with strangers in each countries. It is part of their culture.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think American people are rather comfortable talking to strangers and smiling, laughing...

In Britain when I lived there (and yet I was in London) I saw that people were not talking to each other at all. If you said something to a person you didn't know in the tube, people felt threatened, almost offended. In the tube people were doing everything they could in order not to catch other's eyes. Once I was crying alone in front of everyone and no-one asked me if I was ok. But I think it was not that people didn't care at all, maybe they thought they would annoy me if they talked to me because it was none of their business.

In France we are a little less cold than in Britain I think, but we don't often talk to strangers. But when we do we smile, we laugh and everyone is happy in the end. But it doesn't happen very often.

I don't know how it is in Russia.
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 59406

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 7:42 am

Neah wrote:

In Britain when I lived there (and yet I was in London) I saw that people were not talking to each other at all. If you said something to a person you didn't know in the tube, people felt threatened, almost offended. In the tube people were doing everything they could in order not to catch other's eyes. Once I was crying alone in front of everyone and no-one asked me if I was ok. But I think it was not that people didn't care at all, maybe they thought they would annoy me if they talked to me because it was none of their business.
You are getting living in Britain confused with living in London. How people act in London is very different from the rest of the UK. People in the UK are generally very polite and friendly, London is very much the big city mentality which is; in the big city, nobody cares if you live or die.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 am

D-FENS1993 wrote:
Neah wrote:

You are getting living in Britain confused with living in London. How people act in London is very different from the rest of the UK. People in the UK are generally very polite and friendly, London is very much the big city mentality which is; in the big city, nobody cares if you live or die.
It depends what part of the UK you live in, in my area no one really could really care about you at all.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 am

D-FENS1993 wrote:
Neah wrote:

It's true that in big cities people seem not to care. Apparently London is even one of the loneliest cities in the world, although I don't know how true this statement is. But my English teacher told me that it was also how things were in Britain (because he knew France very well and could make comparison). But I didn't say people in the UK are not polite, maybe they would seem rude to Americans but it is just their culture. To make it simpler, and generalizing, I think a French person would be embarrassed at first in America, he would think they are too touchy-feely and overreacting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 10:08 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It happened in an armory so it's different because it is a security, but if it was in the street, remember that people have different relationships with strangers in each countries. It is part of their culture.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think American people are rather comfortable talking to strangers and smiling, laughing...

In France we are a little less cold than in Britain I think, but we don't often talk to strangers. But when we do we smile, we laugh and everyone is happy in the end. But it doesn't happen very often.

Americans are mostly friendly. I'm from the South, we are sometimes known as EXTRA friendly. Very Happy

But I do understand that in other places it may be frowned upon to acknowledge someone's emotional issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 10:40 am

More pics of a younger Vlad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 10:42 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Oooh, he was so cute and happy... Crying or Very sad These are very beautiful pictures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Oooh, he was so cute and happy... Crying or Very sad These are very beautiful pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Agreed. It's very hard to compare this sweet little happy face, to the footage of him buying ammo where he looked like the weight of the world was on his shoulders, looking like he hadn't slept in days, barely holding his shit together long enough to complete the purchase. Sad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I've heard that Russians are very guarded people, they'd find being as forward as Americans are to be too much.

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 1:55 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I've heard that Russians are very guarded people, they'd find being as forward as Americans are to be too much.

I have some online friends (guys&girls) from Istanbul and they all said that I wouldn't make it in a public place over there. That I am way to open and friendly. Haha  Apparently making direct eye contact or smiling at strangers over there is considered almost as a sexual invitation. Shocked

It really is weird how people take things from different cultures that we wouldn't even notice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing   At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At least 18 people killed in Crimea mass shooting/bombing
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next