Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...

Go down 
+5
TheGoodGuy
Screamingophelia
AlteRoad
EthanEmerson
HanShotFirst
9 posters
AuthorMessage
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64612
Forum Reputation : 1210

And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Empty
PostSubject: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:28 am

Anyone hear about this? Do you think the suspension was justified?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Banned

Contribution Points : 82334
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 3:23 am

Completely distasteful and yes, justified. It's time for almost-adults to start being responsible human beings, and these kids clearly didn't get that memo. Maybe their suspension will drive home that message to others.
Back to top Go down
AlteRoad

AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 65150
Forum Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:32 am

Definitely an overreaction to a couple of dumb kids doing something stupid for their edgy friends on Tumblr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 5:50 am

This is the most interesting thing that's happened in my state for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  actually made a post regarding this in the random discussion thread. I agree that its cringe at its finest. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  actually made a post regarding this in the random discussion thread. I agree that its cringe at its finest. Rolling Eyes

I shook my head so hard...

It’s cringeh and honestly in this climate it is really inappropriate

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:05 am

Poor taste, but it was Halloween for shit's sake. Where are the rules that say Halloween costumes must be wholesome?

Idunno. They should have known better but I think that suspension was an overreaction. I hate how PC this society has become.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70966
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: High School girls suspended for dressing up as Eric and Dylan   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry if it´s not posted in the right section but I just wanted to share this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:25 am

There are a few different posts scattered on the forum about this. Smile The reviews are mixed on if the punishment fit the crime. Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 am

I read in another article the girls have been getting death threats. Now that is overkill. Yeah they were stupid and thought it would be funny. But actually sending two dumb kids death threats over it is another story. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 am

I think that the students should have been beaten mercilessly and with great abandon.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:40 am

Just kind of boggles my mind. These kids look at Eric and Dylan like they’re 17 and 18 because they always will be. Even though they’d be pushing 40.... And people like Brooks I believe has a family. Other friends are adults now and Have jobs and stuff.

Eric and Dylan would almost be old enough to be their dads....

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:52 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Just kind of boggles my mind. These kids look at Eric and Dylan like they’re 17 and 18 because they always will be. Even though they’d be pushing 40.... And people like Brooks I believe has a family. Other friends are adults now and Have jobs and stuff.

I remember on the tenth anniversary hearing that Patrick Ireland was a successful lawyer. That just completely threw me. Patrick Ireland can't be a lawyer, he's still that teenage kid with the bloody foot that I saw falling out of the window. I couldn't reconcile the fact that he actually moved on and had a life independent of what I and the rest of the world knew him from. It really put my own age into perspective so I tried to stop thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:00 am

It’s surprising to see people’s pictures now too because you’re like oh yeah they’re my age. The only person that looks like he hasn’t aged is zach heckler. I saw a picture of him from a couple years ago and he looks exactly the same

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I read in another article the girls have been getting death threats. Now that is overkill. Yeah they were stupid and thought it would be funny. But actually sending two dumb kids death threats over it is another story. Evil or Very Mad

That is ridiculous. There’s no need for a death threats against those girls. What they did wasn’t the smartest thing in the world but seriously.

Krieg

Contribution Points : 60874
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:21 am

lmao I dressed as a Columbine shooter too back in 2017
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

That is what I love about suicide you will be remembered at that age you died I yearn to be a child again so it scares the shit out of me when thinking about if I would be 40-50. 

Also again with the Patrick Ireland interviews all those years later where he has a house, wife, children and a good job that also scares me because look how old these people have gotten and are just "living" as yet another conformist citizen where the consensus to everyone is having a good life = having a wife/husband and children. I become so sad when I see these interviews because I want to be a child again so bad and looking at these people "living" like any other conformist citizen and the fact that they are so many years further away from their childhood makes me so sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 am

At least the girls weren't wearing blackface with their costumes. Death threats? They would have been publicly executed.

Last edited by miketheratguy on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64612
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:24 am

Krieg wrote:

Could you imagine packaged retail versions sold in stores?

"Buy the deluxe version and you get the highest quality costume including: existential crisis, self loathing and a shitty taste in music!"

Last edited by HanShotFirst on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
Krieg wrote:

Could you imagine packaged retail versions sold in stores? "Buy the deluxe costume and you get the highest quality costume including: existential crisis, self loathing and a shitty taste in music!"

Hey now, Rammstein's first American album was awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 am

People are overreacting like today´s people always do because everything has to be so political correct and not offend anyone smh..

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:26 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
Krieg wrote:

Could you imagine packaged retail versions sold in stores? "Buy the deluxe costume and you get the highest quality costume including: existential crisis, self loathing and a shitty taste in music!"

That made me laugh.

Did anyone say anything to you when you were dressed like that? What did your costume look like?

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:27 am

I have seen so many Jeffrey Dahmer costumes.... But right now with all the miss shootings it’s so taboo. However dress up like Ted Bundy that’s fine. Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:35 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I have seen so many Jeffrey Dahmer costumes.... But right now with all the miss shootings it’s so taboo. However dress up like Ted Bundy that’s fine. Rolling Eyes

Heh one year I went to a Halloween party dressed like I normally do. When people asked me why I didn't wear a costume I said "I am wearing a costume. I'm Ed Gein wearing a skin suit of me".
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 am

Krieg wrote:
Did you dress as Eric or Dylan?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That is ridiculous. There’s no need for a death threats against those girls. What they did wasn’t the smartest thing in the world but seriously.

Agreed. The funny thing is the same type people that are so out of sorts because these two kids dressed up as E&D somehow think its totally acceptable to send the same kids death threats! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 12:31 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
I become so sad when I see these interviews because I want to be a child again so bad and looking at these people "living" like any other conformist citizen and the fact that they are so many years further away from their childhood makes me so sad.

Don't worry man, you're not the only one who wishes he could have his childhood back. I reminisce about my youth more than is probably healthy.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
I become so sad when I see these interviews because I want to be a child again so bad and looking at these people "living" like any other conformist citizen and the fact that they are so many years further away from their childhood makes me so sad.

Don't worry man, you're not the only one who wishes he could have his childhood back. I reminisce about my youth more than is probably healthy.
That is so good to hear I boast above this so many times on various forums but people don´t seem to care or get it, thinking about my childhood is the only thing that brings me something resembling happiness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:27 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:

That is so good to hear I boast above this so many times on various forums but people don´t seem to care or get it, thinking about my childhood is the only thing that brings me something resembling happiness.

Yeah don't ever think you're alone on this. I had a very happy childhood and a pretty rough adulthood (which continues to be relatively dissatisfying) so yeah, I spend a LOT of time finding myself deep in thought about my past. I watch Youtube clips of video games I played in my youth, I frequently look up all the different toys that were available when I was a kid, I collect commercials and news broadcasts that aired during the Christmases of my childhood, etc. I mentioned to someone else not long ago that when I can manage to get into an apartment that allows it I'm going to put wood paneling on the walls to make it feel like I'm the 80s again.

Some people get on me about my nostalgia, encouraging me to spend more time thinking about the present and future. I get why they say that but they can't understand how comforting it is to mentally surround myself with the times when I was happiest.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 pm

I like watching Degrassi and original 90210, it brings me back to being a kid. I hated being a kid though, I always felt like I was an adult lol I was badly bullied and my parents were overprotective so I like the freedom I have now. If anything I’d go back to when I was 17 and make a Different decision when it came to where I went to college etc...

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:35 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:

Yeah don't ever think you're alone on this. I had a very happy childhood and a pretty rough adulthood (which continues to be relatively dissatisfying) so yeah, I spend a LOT of time finding myself deep in thought about my past. I watch Youtube clips of video games I played in my youth, I frequently look up all the different toys that were available when I was a kid, I collect commercials and news broadcasts that aired during the Christmases of my childhood, etc. I mentioned to someone else not long ago that when I can manage to get into an apartment that allows it I'm going to put wood paneling on the walls to make it feel like I'm the 80s again.

Some people get on me about my nostalgia, encouraging me to spend more time thinking about the present and future. I get why they say that but they can't understand how comforting it is to mentally surround myself with the times when I was happiest.

I too have fond memories of wood grained paneling! Makes me miss my grandparents! Sad

Their house was my favorite place in the world growing up, and was still my sanctuary anytime adulthood bitch slapped me. I would always run back home to my Granny! Smile I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I like watching Degrassi and original 90210, it brings me back to being a kid. I hated being a kid though, I always felt like I was an adult lol I was badly bullied and my parents were overprotective so I like the freedom I have now. If anything I’d go  back to when I was 17 and make a Different decision when it came to where I went to college etc...

I always hate hearing that people didn't have happy childhoods. Mine was so great that adult life just sucks by comparison. Granted that probably has more to do with the unfortunate circumstances that have followed me throughout adulthood but all the same, when I look back to what life was like as a kid it's literally like I lived two different lives as two different people. Sure I was teased and had my issues with fitting in and peer pressure and whatnot but my friends at the time were great, my family loved and took good care of me, and I never had to want for anything. It wasn't just as simple as "I only had to worry about going to school as opposed to working, paying bills, having responsibilities", etc. No, I just plain had a much happier and more optimistic outlook on the entire world when I was a kid. Happiness came so much easier.

I wish you could have had a great childhood. I guess the fact that you didn't probably made you better equipped to handle adulthood, at least. Sounds like you had to grow up faster than others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:41 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I too have fond memories of wood grained paneling! Makes me miss my grandparents! Sad

Their house was my favorite place in the world growing up, and was still my sanctuary anytime adulthood bitch slapped me. I would always run back home to my Granny! Smile I love you

"Adulthood bitch-slapped me". That's a good way of saying it.

I wouldn't stop with the wood paneling either. I'd get an 80s clock, a wall-mounted mustard yellow 80s phone, a spare 80s TV with rotary dials upon which to watch 80s movies, shirts with puffy paint, etc etc etc. I want to be able to walk into my room and feel like I've literally stepped into a different decade. I'm sorry that you no longer have your grandparents but I'm glad that you were able to soak in that nostalgia and fend off adulthood as best as you could!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 5:55 pm

They should have been expelled. I mean, do you see how LAZY these cosplays are! HER TOP DOESN'T EVEN SAY NATURAL SELECTION for Christs sake...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:25 pm

AntiSocial-MasterDebater wrote:
They should have been expelled. I mean, do you see how LAZY these cosplays are! HER TOP DOESN'T EVEN SAY NATURAL SELECTION for Christs sake...

True, they clearly didn't put much effort into it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
AntiSocial-MasterDebater wrote:

True, they clearly didn't put much effort into it. Laughing

With that lack of effort she should’ve dressed up like Dylan.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64358
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 pm

They deserve to get expelled and sent to special ed for failing horribly at recreating the original suicide photo.

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69350
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Does it offend me? No, was this a good idea? No.

Honestly this doesn't really offend me but in this PC world we live in you know from the beginning this is a bad idea. This world has now become a winter wonderland of snowflakes. Do you really think they'd let this slide when they bitch about everything?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...   And the worst Halloween costume award goes to... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And the worst Halloween costume award goes to...
Page 1 of 1