Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attitudes during the shooting

Go down 
+3
properground
Screamingophelia
joebox97
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69075
Forum Reputation : 255

16 - Attitudes during the shooting Empty
PostSubject: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:21 am

Something I just thought of I found interesting. Eric has always been known to be the more vengeful one for the shooting and Dylan the more depressed one.

Eric seems he wanted to be remembered/respected by the school and Dylan wanted a reason to commit suicide but during the shooting their attitudes almost changed places to me, like Dylan seemed more hateful to people from mocking them and talking with people before killing them while eric was more quiet and just shot people besides "peekaboo".

And Eric probably killed himself silently (without saying anything to dylan) its weird looking at boths journals and then comparing them to the way they handled the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 10:02 am

The only other time I heard of Eric bring really loud and not so methodical was a couple witnesses said he Climbed on bookcase and started shaking it and swearing. I don’t know where that was in the timeline. I would have to imagine it would be before he broke his nose. Because they had said he was a little woozy after.

I think Eric was pretty quick to kill himself after the bombs didn’t go off and he wasn’t getting shot by the police so he decided to end it all. Some say a 911 tape that Eric was probably line going well after the bombs because those are kind of his thing more so than Dylan.

I think Dylan was probably putting on a bit of a show too. What I don’t understand is what made him change in the library. Yeah he said some really cruel things in the cafeteria and yelled about wanting to kill himself. but he seem to unleash all of his anger in the library. Which will always bring me to what Lisa heard “are you still with me?”

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 10:56 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The only other time I heard of Eric bring really loud and not so methodical  was a couple witnesses said he Climbed on bookcase and started  shaking it and swearing.

I have always wondered why he did that? Was it just in frustration, or if he did it to try to scare everyone even more? scratch
Back to top Go down
properground

Contribution Points : 58149
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 am

I think you bring up a really good point. I would have expected Eric to be the more explosive and cruel one, ESPECIALLY after the way he wrote in such a grandiose way, like when he said (paraphrase) "well fuckers.... WE..... HAVE...... GUNS!!!!!! Muahahaha, Neener!", the "YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE?!??!??!???? sections on his website, and his comments on rape and cannibalism. Dylan seemed like the much more stoic thinker, almost like he would just go in and be along for the ride. But I suppose their different goals played a part; I'm sure Dylan was "taking his pain out on the world", with the ultimate goal being suicide, so his end goal was still attainable. After the bombs didn't go off, Eric's plan failed. Furthermore, the school was mostly evacuated, and he didn't have large crowds of students to shoot theatrically (speculation on my part that he wanted to do that). Lastly, I think the gravity of things really weighed on them once they realized that the bombs weren't going to go off; they were left to shoot as many as they could up close and personal, and they wwren't going to make it out. They had reached the point of no return when they shot Rachel Scott. No going back home to their families, no calling it off, nothing could ever be the same for them again.

The only way I can explain it is by looking at their relationships with their emotions. Eric seemed really goal and work oriented; he definitely felt extreme anger, but his writings leave me with the impression that what made him special was the anger fueling his murderous intentions. I think he wanted numbers, huge explosions, the military coming after him, kind of a michael bay film. He wanted to be the stone-faced statue indiscriminately killing. Furthermore, his dad was a retired Major(?). People in the military learn to deal with their emotions differently, and it's instilled in you early in basic training to deal with them while doing your work because they get in the way. "Lifers" tend to raise kids who are almost sociopathically successful, really driven to succeed because of their work ethic, goal-orientation, and ability to deal with their emotions.

Dylan, on the other hand, seemed much more in touch with his emotions. His writing, especially in the beginning, is musing. To me, he's speculating at life as a philosophical pursuit. When he addresses his emotions, it's in full. He's overcome by his lonliness and feelings of rejection and isolation, and the totality of it seems to occupy his head as an abstract concept. Juxtaposed to Dylan's writing, Eric's seemed to be much more two-dimensional, more "I'm really fucking pissed" vs. "I'm overcome with a wave of absolute and total sorrow, it has permiated my soul and has washed away all happiness". So with that in mind, I could see how Dylan could be more emotional during it, whereas Eric may have been playing to this stone-faced killer architype that he had in mine.

Mostly speculation though, and definitely weird.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:12 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
The only other time I heard of Eric bring really loud and not so methodical  was a couple witnesses said he Climbed on bookcase and started  shaking it and swearing.  

I have always wondered why he did that? Was it just in frustration, or if he did it to try to scare everyone even more? scratch

I almost wonder if it was a result of adrenaline or excess excitement. Letting out a bunch of energy

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I almost wonder if it was a result of adrenaline or excess excitement.  Letting out a bunch of energy

That is very likely as well.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 pm

NorThWest wrote:
I think you bring up a really good point. I would have expected Eric to be the more explosive and cruel one, ESPECIALLY after the way he wrote in such a grandiose way, like when he said (paraphrase) "well fuckers.... WE..... HAVE...... GUNS!!!!!! Muahahaha, Neener!", the "YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE?!??!??!???? sections on his website, and his comments on rape and cannibalism. Dylan seemed like the much more stoic thinker, almost like he would just go in and be along for the ride. But I suppose their different goals played a part; I'm sure Dylan was "taking his pain out on the world", with the ultimate goal being suicide, so his end goal was still attainable. After the bombs didn't go off, Eric's plan failed. Furthermore, the school was mostly evacuated, and he didn't have large crowds of students to shoot theatrically (speculation on my part that he wanted to do that). Lastly, I think the gravity of things really weighed on them once they realized that the bombs weren't going to go off; they were left to shoot as many as they could up close and personal, and they wwren't going to make it out. They had reached the point of no return when they shot Rachel Scott. No going back home to their families, no calling it off, nothing could ever be the same for them again.

The only way I can explain it is by looking at their relationships with their emotions. Eric seemed really goal and work oriented; he definitely felt extreme anger, but his writings leave me with the impression that what made him special was the anger fueling his murderous intentions. I think he wanted numbers, huge explosions, the military coming after him, kind of a michael bay film. He wanted to be the stone-faced statue indiscriminately killing. Furthermore, his dad was a retired Major(?). People in the military learn to deal with their emotions differently, and it's instilled in you early in basic training to deal with them while doing your work because they get in the way. "Lifers" tend to raise kids who are almost sociopathically successful, really driven to succeed because of their work ethic, goal-orientation, and ability to deal with their emotions.

Dylan, on the other hand, seemed much more in touch with his emotions. His writing, especially in the beginning, is musing. To me, he's speculating at life as a philosophical pursuit. When he addresses his emotions, it's in full. He's overcome by his lonliness and feelings of rejection and isolation, and the totality of it seems to occupy his head as an abstract concept. Juxtaposed to Dylan's writing, Eric's seemed to be much more two-dimensional, more "I'm really fucking pissed" vs. "I'm overcome with a wave of absolute and total sorrow, it has permiated my soul and has washed away all happiness". So with that in mind, I could see how Dylan could be more emotional during it, whereas Eric may have been playing to this stone-faced killer architype that he had in mine.

Mostly speculation though, and definitely weird.

Very well said. I do see how being raised in a military family could have the stigma of setting emotions aside and not letting them out to anyone. And I agree Dylan to me was very poetic and not afraid to write what he was really feeling, long periods of sadness usually turns into anger and letting it out during the shooting does make sense, could of also been an adrenaline rush kind of thing too, or many something to put more weight on the suicide to justify it.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
The only other time I heard of Eric bring really loud and not so methodical  was a couple witnesses said he Climbed on bookcase and started  shaking it and swearing. I don’t know where that was in the timeline. I would have to imagine it would be before he broke his nose. Because they had said he was a little woozy after.  

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I have always wondered why he did that. Was it just in frustration, or if he did it to try to scare everyone even more?

According to Bree Pasquale, pg. 531- 532, Eric jumped on the book case after he killed Cassie and hit himself in the face. She said moments after she saw Eric on the book case, she saw Dylan shoot the glass display case.
Bree Pasquale did state she was certain she had seen Eric Harris move back towards the south end of the library and then jump up on a bookshelf and begin swearing and shaking it back and forth. Bree Pasquale stated it seemed to her as if Eric Harris was trying to knock over the bookshelf, but failed. Bree Pasquale indicated it appeared as though Eric Harris was becoming angry when he was unable to knock over the bookshelf and subsequently, "kicked the books." Bree Pasquale stated it was possible some of the books had fallen off the shelf at that point. Bree Pasquale was unable to be more specific concerning that issue and was also unable to specifically identify which bookshelf Eric Harris had jumped onto.

Lots of people mention, throughout the attack, either get hit with or seeing pieces of books flying so I think his jumping on the book case and Dylan shooting the display case were just attempts to cause more destruction. When he couldn't pull the book shelf down, he got pissed (perhaps at yet another thing that wasn't working as planned) and that's when he started swearing.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 pm

COLUMBINE TASK FORCE LIBRARY TEAM EVENT SHEET

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office - Case # 99-7625

Library Team: Det. Russ Boatright – APD, Inv. Diane Obbema – JCSO, SA John Elvig – FBI

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold is seen walking south past the library window. Observed by Schnurr (LY9).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold is seen standing outside the library window (hallway area) with a weapon. Observed by Kreutz (LY1O), Park (LY11) and Nowlen (LY12).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris is seen standing in the hall outside the library throwing a lit device (resembling "dynamite") in a southerly direction. Moments later there's an explosion in the hall directly outside the library. Observed by Todd (LY2).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: As Harris enters the library he is seen firing two gunshot rounds in a westerly direction with a pump action shotgun (pellets). Todd, who is hiding behind the copier stand, is injured by flying wood splinters. Observed by Todd (LY2), Welsh (LG33) and Lapp (LG31).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Both Harris and Klebold are seen entering the library and moving in a westerly direction. Observed by Schnurr (LY9), Kintgen (LY8), Lagos (LG20), Todd (LY2), Eubanks (LY14), Jacobson (LG19), Holliday (LG22), Wyant (LG7) and Johnson (LG16).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold is seen shooting the double barrel shotgun (pellets) towards the north computer table as he moves west past the main counter in the library. Observed by Savage (LG25), Houy (LG29), Hall (LY6) and Welsh (LG33). The investigation disclosed Velasquez was shot twice with shotgun pellets while seated at the north computer table.

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold and Harris are seen setting down backpacks on the south computer table. Observed by Steepleton (LY5), Greenwood (LG11) Wyant (LG7) and Welsh (LG33).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold and Harris are seen walking west between the north and south computer tables. Observed by Pasquale (LG1O), Johnson (LG16), Steepleton (LY5), Hall (LY6) and Fair (LG9).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold stops at the west end of the computer tables while Harris continues and begins walking south. After arriving on the south side of the computer tables, Harris gets down on his left knee and begins shooting out the west library windows. Klebold subsequently positions himself east of Harris and ducks down. Klebold subsequently fires out the west window and then turns south firing his shotgun at table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Steepleton, Hall and Ireland are hit with pellet rounds. Observed by Pasquale (LG10), Johnson (LG16), Steepleton (LY5), Hall (LY6), Welsh (LG33) and Greenwood (LG11).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Kleboid is seen dropping his black trench coat on the north side of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Observed by Ruegsegger (LY3) and Johnson (LG16).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris is seen shooting Curnow with the pump action shotgun (slug). Observed by Welsh (LG33), Ruegsegger (LY3) and Johnson (LG16).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris is seen shooting Ruegsegger with a pump action shotgun (slug). Observed by Greenwood (LG11), Welsh (LG33), Ruegsegger (LY3) Johnson (LG16), Pasquale (LG10) and Stair (LG6).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris walks to the south side of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], slaps the table top twice with his left hand and states, "Peek a boo." Harris then points the pump action shotgun under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (held in his right hand) and shoots Bernall (pellets). Observed by Pasquale (LG10), Kirkland (LG13), Cohn (LG12), Wyant (LG7) and Schnurr (LY9).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: After shooting Bernall, Harris turns to Pasquale and asks her if she wants to die. Pasquale observes blood begin to flow from Harris’ nose. Observed by Pasquale (LG10), Wyant (LG7), Scott (LG15), Johnson (LG16), Hall (LY6) and Cohn (LG12).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold is seen firing a shotgun (pellets) back at table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hitting Ireland as he attempts to administer first aid to Hall. Observed by Steepleton (LY5), Hall (LY6), Kirkland (LG13), Pasquale (LG10) and Ireland (LY7).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Shoels is observed scooting backwards to the east while under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Klebold moves to the east side of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and is seen grabbing Shoels in an effort to pull him from under the table. Observed by Scott (LG15) and Park (LG14).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris moves towards table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (from the west) and fires the pump action shotgun (slug) shooting Shoels. Observed by Pasquale (LG10) and Salmon (LG8).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold is observed firing a double barrel shotgun under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the east side, shooting Kechter with a slug. Observed by Park (LG14).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: While standing to the west of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Harris is seen throwing a device referred to as a "cricket" in a southerly direction. The device rolled under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] making contact with Steepleton's body. The device is retrieved by Hall and thrown in a southerly direction where it explodes south of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Observed by Steepleton (LY5), Hall (LY6), Pasquale (LG10) and Greenwood (LG11).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Smoke is seen rising from the abdominal area of Kechter under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Note: This is the area that Harris was standing when he threw the "cricket" and there is a clear match strike mark on top of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Observed by Salmon (LG8), Fair (LG9) and Scott (LG15).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris moves south to the west bookshelves where he jumps on the shelves and begins shaking them back and forth. Harris then walks between the bookshelves moving in an easterly direction. Observed by Pasquale (LG10).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris walks north between the west bookshelves. He fires shots southward at the bookshelves (pellets). Observed by Parker (LG27), Doyle (LY13), Houy (LG29), Schnurr (LY9), Lagos (LG20), Holliday (LG22), Perez (LG17) and Park (LY11).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold is seen walking on the north side of the library (south of the main counter) moving in an easterly direction. Klebold continues moving east, stopping near the entrance to the library (north of display case). Klebold then fires the Tec9 into the display case. Observed by Greenwood (LG 11), Kintgen (LY8), Lapp (LG31), Welsh (LG33) and Perez (LG17).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold moves back around the display case and fires one double barrel shotgun round (pellets) under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hitting Kintgen. Observed by Kintgen (LY8), Blair (LG18) and Kreutz (LY10).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold steps east towards table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and fires one double barrel shotgun round (pellets) under that same table hitting Schnurr and Kreutz. Observed by Kreutz (LY10), Jacobson (LG19), Schnurr (LY9) and Blair (LG18).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold walks south along the west side of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] firing multiple rounds (rapid fashion) with the Tec9 under that same table hitting Townsend. Observed by Blair (LG18) and Perez (LG17).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris seen entering the east section of the library (near table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) from a pathway between the book shelves. Observed by Jacobson (LG 19).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold moves west of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] near Harris after which one of the suspects looks under that same table and states, "Pathetic." Observed by Jacobson (LG19) and Blair (LG18).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold and Harris move south to table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where reloading occurred and one of the suspects then taunts Schnurr regarding God. Observed by Ball (LG23), Schnurr (LY9), Jacobson (LG19), Blair (LG18), Savage (LG25), Holliday (LG22), Kintgen (LY8), Nielson (LY1), Scott (LG15), Lapp (LG31), Todd (LY2), Elmore (LG26), Nowlen (LY12), Welsh (LG33), Bollerud (LG32), Kreutz (LY10), Park (LY11) and Steepleton (LY5).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris steps east towards table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and points the pump action shotgun under that table firing twice (pellets) hitting Nowlen and Tomlin. Observed by Nowlen (LY12).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold moves south/east past table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and stands near Tomlin (now lying east of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) where he then shoots Tomlin four times with the Tec9. Observed by Nowlen (LY12).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris moves northeast of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and shoots Fleming once with the pump action shotgun (pellets). From the east side of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Harris fires the pump action shotgun under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hitting Townsend, Park, and Kreutz with pellets. Observed by Savage (LG25), Blair (LG18), Kreutz (LY10), Schnurr (LY9) and Park (LY11) and Perez (LG17).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris goes to the south library windows and looks out into the south parking lot (damaging the blinds, identified as W15 on the diagram). Observed by Jacobson (LG19), Elmore (LG26) and Lagos (LG20).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold and Harris pass through the east side book shelves into the center section. Both suspects stand near table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where reloading occurs. Observed by Holliday (LG22), Ball (LG23), Doyle (LY13), Eubanks (LY14), Lagos (LG20), Huntington (LG22), Savage (LG25), Lapp (LG31), Welsh (LG33) and Woodman (LG28).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris walks north to the south computer table to gain access to the blue backpack reportedly containing ammunition. Harris then returns to the area near tables [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Observed by Savage (LG25), Parker (LG27), Welsh (LG33) and Johnson (LG16).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris asks the student under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to identify himself. The student identified himself as John Savage. Harris moves north of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as Klebold contacts Savage. Klebold eventually tells Savage to leave the library, which he does. Observed by Savage (LG25), Eubanks (LY14), Ball (LG23), Doyle (LY13), Huntington (LG21), Holliday (LG22), Greenwood (LG11), Lapp (LG31). Elmore (LG26), Parker (LG27), Woodman (LG28), Bollerud (LG32), Houy (LG30), Perez (LG17), Lagos (LG20) and Hall (LY6).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: While standing north of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Harris shoots Mauser twice with the High Point rifle. Mauser is located under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Observed by Blair (LG18), Jacobson (LG19), Lapp (LG31), Elmore (LG26) and Parker (LG27).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris and Klebold move to the south (towards table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Klebold fires at least one round (with the Tec9) under that table hitting DePooter. Harris then fires at least two rounds (with the high point carbine rifle) under the same table hitting DePooter and Doyle. A fourth 9 mm round was fired under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hitting Eubanks, the origin of that round cannot be determined. Observed by Eubanks (LY14), Ball (LG23), Parker (LG27) and Doyle (LY13).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: KIebold and Harris move north in the center section and are seen on the east side of table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Klebold and Harris then proceed to the southeast corner of the far south computer table. Observed by Lapp (LG31) and Welsh (LG33).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Harris is seen in the west section of the library throwing a device containing an orange liquid toward the south. Observed by Welsh (LG33).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold walks around behind the main counter from the west, while Harris walks around the counter from the east. Observed by Lapp (LG31) Todd (LY2), Fair (LG9) and Nielson (LY1).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold confronts and threatens Todd who now was hiding behind the main counter. Observed by Todd (LY2), Nielson (LY1) and Greenwood (LG11).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: The investigation shows Klebold shoots back into the "kitchen" area of the library with the Tec9 hitting the TV.

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold and Harris discuss leaving the library and going to the "Commons." Prior to leaving, Klebold slams a chair down on a computer located on the main counter. Observed by Todd (LY2), Nielson (LY1) and Jacobson (LG19).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Klebold and Harris leave the library. Observed by Todd (LY2), Nielson (LY1), Jacobson (LG19) and Schnurr (LY9).

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Most victims and witnesses begin to leave the library exiting out the north door.

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Nielson crawls into the break room and hides in a cupboard. Ireland, who is seriously injured, crawls from Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to the west window. Ireland pulls himself up and falls out the window into the hands of SWAT.

Event [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Weld and Kean were hidden in the television studio. Dodd was hidden in the Periodicals Room. Nielson was hidden in the break room. Kreutz was lying seriously injured under table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. All the above remained in the library until they were evacuated by SWAT. SWAT discovered the bodies of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris near the bookshelves in the southwest corner of the library.

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 pm

If only they released the full library phone call
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm

joebox97 wrote:
eric was more quiet and just shot people besides "peekaboo".

Not really. 

Eric told a person he shot to "quit your bitching" when she cried out in pain, called several girls he menaced "pathetic", pointed his shotgun at one girl and shouted "do you wanna die?" at her several times, so on and so forth. People downplay Eric's behavior during the massacre too much IMO.

joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:45 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
joebox97 wrote:
eric was more quiet and just shot people besides "peekaboo".

Not really. 

Eric told a person he shot to "quit your bitching" when she cried out in pain, called several girls he menaced "pathetic", pointed his shotgun at one girl and shouted "do you wanna die?" at her several times, so on and so forth. People downplay Eric's behavior during the massacre too much IMO.

Sorry if that sounded literal, I did know about those others just seems like Dylan's remarks were worse and he seemed more energetic to kill.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:50 pm

I think Eric took it much like a military mission. He and Dylan came up with different signals and voice commands...he apparently told Dylan to "cover him" or go shoot over there... so I think he was acting how he thought he should in a military mission

I think Dylan was excited both because he thought he was going to die and that he was going to kill kids. He seemed to yell out many times that he was going to die in a loud excited voice and people said he looked like a deranged clown

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I think Eric took it much like a military mission.  He and Dylan came up with different signals and voice commands...he apparently told Dylan to "cover him" or go shoot over there... so I think he was acting how he thought he should in a military mission

If he was acting like it was a military mission then it had to be a really unprofessional, action movie type military mission, because I don't think any would-be soldier would be shouting at cowering non-threats about their imminent death or smiling and saying "Peek-a-boo!" before killing someone. 

Granted I don't doubt some soldiers do act that unprofessionally but I think saying Eric treated the killings like an army mission is a mischaracterization.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
I think Eric took it much like a military mission.  He and Dylan came up with different signals and voice commands...he apparently told Dylan to "cover him" or go shoot over there... so I think he was acting how he thought he should in a military mission

If he was acting like it was a military mission then it had to be a really unprofessional, action movie type military mission, because I don't think any would-be soldier would be shouting at cowering non-threats about their imminent death or smiling and saying "Peek-a-boo!" before killing someone. 

Granted I don't doubt some soldiers do act that unprofessionally but I think saying Eric treated the killings like an army mission is a mischaracterization.

I think that is a lot like what it was. He had never really been in the military so he was acting like he saw in the movies.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I think that is a lot like what it was.  He had never really been in the military so he was acting like he saw in the movies.  

I think in that case it'd probably be more accurate to say he was acting out behavior he saw in films and (to lesser extant) video games. 

Minor quibble of mine, I suppose.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes during the shooting   16 - Attitudes during the shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attitudes during the shooting
Page 1 of 1