Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?

Go down 
+11
Sabratha
dyonqqr
Screamingophelia
lognifiiskurk
KomaLäufer
Killisaki
AD 19-95
Onyx
Carnifex879
spishakwax
KMFDM
15 posters
AuthorMessage
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48743
Forum Reputation : 55

Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Empty
PostSubject: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 11:17 am

That would be... interesting.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari

HuehueBR likes this post

Back to top Go down
spishakwax

Contribution Points : 45505
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 2:44 pm

This isn't quite what you're asking, but I remember reading somewhere, I think it was in a Denver newspaper from 20 years ago, that somewhere out of state, a family member of someone that was killed in Columbine went into a bank or some other kind of establishment with a gun and held some people hostage. I don't think anyone was injured though.

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68272
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 6:22 pm

I was actually wondering the same thing. I can’t think of any because it’s VERY unlikely for a survivor to be someone who wanted to do a shooting. I sometimes think there could be people who wanted to do something but got beaten by someone before them. I’m not sure though, no one comes to mind.

Saoradh and alesanagoon like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Deleted

Last edited by diabolus on Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49027
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 5:22 pm

That would be so weird. Like when people who have been raped develop the rape of others as their kink. It actually makes sense if a person has disturbed thoughts like "If it happened to me, I want it to happen to others!"

Huh.

qfwfq and Denethor like this post

Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48743
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 5:48 am

Onyx wrote:
That would be so weird. Like when people who have been raped develop the rape of others as their kink. It actually makes sense if a person has disturbed thoughts like "If it happened to me, I want it to happen to others!"

Huh.

I think it would be interesting and I was curious if it has ever happened. Apparently not.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari
Back to top Go down
AD 19-95

Contribution Points : 45119
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Last edited by AD 19-95 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Not a mass shooting, but a survivor of the Jonestown Massacre, Tyrone Mitchell, killed 2 students and wounded 12 by shooting them at a schoolyard from his apartment. He then committed suicide with a double barreled shotgun. His family was part of Jim Jone's cult. Both of his parents and all of his five siblings died in the massacre. He didn't go with his family to where the mass suicide (or murder) took place.

QuestionMark, MilverSoxie, Employer_Square, ANOMIC and Achlys like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Again, not a mass shooting but interesting nonetheless, Ricky Rodriguez, survivor of the Children of God cult, killed (one of) his rapists and then himself. River Phoenix and his family were survivors of the same cult. Sad story. I rarely hear about it anymore. Apologies if this post breaks rules.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The last video he recorded before the event.
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 42343
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Well the closest thing I can think of is Itamar Alon. On 20 May 2013, in a Bank Hapoalim branch in Beersheba, Israel, Itamar killed 4 and injured 5 other, before commiting suicide. About 11 years before he would commit the shooting (in 2002), while on the Israel Defense Force, he was present in a terrorist shooting, made by two Palestians, the shooting killed 2 people and injured at least 4, he actually shot against the attackers, one of them dying at the scene, and the other escaping the scene, being later shot dead by police. He was later awarded with a medal for that. Although after that his life went downhill in which ended with commit the shooting due to debts problems.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol

QuestionMark, Employer_Square and qfwfq like this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Killisaki wrote:
Well the closest thing I can think of is Itamar Alon. On 20 May 2013, in a Bank Hapoalim branch in Beersheba, Israel, Itamar killed 4 and injured 5 other, before commiting suicide. About 11 years before he would commit the shooting (in 2002), while on the Israel Defense Force, he was present in a terrorist shooting, made by two Palestians, the shooting killed 2 people and injured at least 4, he actually shot against the attackers, one of them dying at the scene, and the other escaping the scene, being later shot dead by police. He was later awarded with a medal for that. Although after that his life went downhill in which ended with commit the shooting due to debts problems.
That's a really interesting one. I never heard of it until now.

KomaLäufer

KomaLäufer

Contribution Points : 35600
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Onyx wrote:

Huh.
I mean its not like that with shootings i bet. The only thing i can picture happening is someone is already planning something and then gets caught in or perhaps around a area where a mass shooting happens himself. Would be a very weird thought to think the before mentioned person who was planning something like that dying in the event he was planning done by someone else or perhaps even thinking over his decisions after witnessing it and then not going throught with it anymore due to being to traumatized by it. The second outcome is something i could picture maybe already happened before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 5:56 pm

Not what you are exactly looking for (and also not a mass shooting), but Michael McClain of Astoria, committed a series of bombing in that city in 1996, injuring one person. He then committed suicide. His father, Ernest E. McClain pulled out a gun and began shooting during a hearing in a Portland courtroom, wounding his estranged wife and killing her lawyer in February 1979. He then shot himself in the head. The father and son both committed suicide after attempted murder/and murder with 10 years of difference.

Source: Bombs Go Off in Two Crowded Coffee Shops; Suspect Commits Suicide
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60939
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 6:00 pm

I wonder what would make a survivor commit a mass shooting. They would witness the consequences of a mass shooting first hand but still feel like they want to do it. Very strange.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 10:58 pm

I first heard of this episode of Criminal Minds through this forum, the episode Painless, a survivor starts killing off other survivors, the principal etc.. because someone took credit for what actually happened to him. It is such a fascinating thing. It's like when someone who is abused becomes the abuser..

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 40234

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2021 9:37 pm

The daughter of Masumi Hayashi, responsible for killing 4 with arsenic-poisoned curry in 1998, killed herself by jumping off a bridge at an airport and took her 4 year old daughter with her. So, again, not what you're looking for but an example of the emotional fallout of a mass murder culminating in another murder. The snake eats its own tail.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60939

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 7:04 pm

He didn't commit a mass shooting but Ryan Liddell (Dunblane School Shooting Survivor) was sentenced to prison for assaulting a 76 year old woman.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 5:56 am

Shootings are rare, shooters are even more rare than witnesses/victims.

That would be quite a coincidence. A lot of "swiss cheese holes" would need to line up for that to happen.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
nama3faux

nama3faux

Contribution Points : 15288
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 9:01 am

yes, a victim of stephen paddock went onto commit a mass killing.

Denethor likes this post

AmyistWarrior dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12572
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 8:36 pm

nama3faux wrote:
Who?

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Achlys

Achlys

Contribution Points : 19922
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 9:53 pm

AmyistWarrior wrote:
nama3faux wrote:
Who?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was probably thinking of Ian David Long, who killed a survivor of the Las Vegas shooting. I don't think any survivor of Las Vegas has gone on to commit a mass killing yet.

Denethor and AmyistWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 2:08 am

Not that I know of. That would be an interesting turn of events.
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21775
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 7:55 am

Surely the fact that you’ve actually experienced the terror of a mass shooting and all the related anxiety and ptsd afterwards means you would know that they are awful things. Maybe one person one day will go that route but it seems that most people involved would be understandably against them happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?   Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has a survivor of a mass shooting ever committed a mass shooting?
Page 1 of 1