Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marilyn Manson and Columbine

Go down 
+9
Mr Bubbless
edgelord
remrem25
AZ20
Luci
Screamingophelia
lognifiiskurk
Norwegian
tfsa47090
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

Marilyn Manson and Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 am

I just thought I would start this thread, and perhaps those of us who would like to post anything related to Manson discussing Columbine can do so here.

Marilyn Manson In ''Heavy: The Story Of Metal'' (2006)

Columbine is discussed.

Marilyn Manson - Columbine High School massacre

Marilyn Manson & other music groups admired by Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold,try to distance themselves from school massacre by BETRAYING their justifiably enraged youth fans,criticizing & condemning massacre

An old alt.true-crime group now archived on Google Groups.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78828
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 12:59 pm

He said hes been blamed for 36 school shootings. If that is true, its absolutely fucked up
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60889
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 6:34 pm

It's probably because the media like to blame school shootings on music or movies or games rather than address the real issue.

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 1:29 am

I don't know if this is true or if it has already been disproved, but did I hear somewhere that Dylan Klebold was the administrator of the Marylin manson site? Was that true or just an invention? What I do remember is that I think that in the photo of Devon Adams' birthday he was wearing a Manson T-shirt but I am not saying that he was a fan or something similar. By the way, that Marylin was guilty of the massacre is complete nonsense, I quite agree that the media only blamed him to give a reason for the massacre, it is that, I sincerely think that only a madman or someone very rude is would happen to say such idiocy ... With all due respect I find it disrespectful to blame video games, music, or movies for the massacre rather than the actual causes. Above all to the families of the victims who are trying to find a real answer to these problems.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 2:06 pm

People blame terrorism and all kinds of shit on people that have nothing to do with it. Probably because its easy.

So bullies, Goths, Manson, parents, music and what have you took the blame for Columbine.

Middle easterners were blamed for the Oklahoma City bombing until it turned out the perpetrator was a white supremacist.

And than muslims were blamed for the Utoya shooting until it turned out that it was actually a counter jihadist.

People want quick fix answers, and all too fast. Its easy to scapegoat. Yet, if we cater to fear the perpetrators have won.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 3:05 pm

I"m not sure if it was really confirmed that Dylan was an admin but it could very well be true.

I will get hate for this but I don't believe Timothy McVeigh committed the Oklahoma City bombings because he felt white people were superior, he did it because he hated our government and felt betrayed by them.

That is another word that is tossed around way too much, it has lost its meaning.

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I"m not sure if it was really confirmed that Dylan was an admin but it could very well be true.

I will get hate for this but I don't believe Timothy McVeigh committed the Oklahoma City bombings because he felt white people were superior, he did it because he hated our government and felt betrayed by them.

That is another word that is tossed around way too much, it has lost its meaning.

Oh yeah! The thing about Dylan I remember from a long time ago that I had read it in my Tumblr days where I followed those informative blogs ... but now I do not trust that page much, but it is true that it could have been very likely, also he was quite good with computers.

Regarding Timothy, I think the same, in fact, from the first moment I saw the case I deduced that he had made the attack to counter the government, not because of a supremacist attack, since through his history his resentment to the government is demonstrated. government, and especially with what happened in Waco with the Davidians let's say that also made him hate the government even more ... I just feel that the media tries to blame a specific cause just to try to archive everything what happened, like those who said that columbine was an attack in honor of hitler .. ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 40003
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 3:26 pm

I don't know why Marilyn Manson would be blamed for these shootings... I don't know why society and the media loves to use scapegoats instead of finding the REAL reasons behind these crimes. It needs to stop though, if anything. Finding the actual issues instead of the media going about "hurr durr Marilyn Manson and goths cause ANOTHER school shooting, go on a mob!" or "white male hick causes shooting" would be great.

The media and well society in whole needs to find the causes of these and advocate for better mental health. Less of these would happen.

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 10:07 am

lognifiiskurk wrote:
It's probably because the media like to blame school shootings on music or movies or games rather than address the real issue.
The media's investigation into these tragedies is unfortunately surface level at best.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 2:15 pm

I dont think we are yet to fully understand why, because theres no single why, and its complicated. Thats why blaming Manson is too simple
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Norwegian wrote:
I dont think we are yet to fully understand why, because theres no single why, and its complicated. Thats why blaming Manson is too simple
Taking the blame for Columbine and similar tragedies because you express yourself in a certain way through musical artistry is disgusting. It's saying he isn't allowed a voice because the delusional make his message out to be something it's not and use it as amplification for their attacks.

Back to top Go down
AZ20

Contribution Points : 35030
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm

DF978 wrote:
I don't know why Marilyn Manson would be blamed for these shootings... I don't know why society and the media loves to use scapegoats instead of finding the REAL reasons behind these crimes. It needs to stop though, if anything. Finding the actual issues instead of the media going about "hurr durr Marilyn Manson and goths cause ANOTHER school shooting, go on a mob!" or "white male hick causes shooting" would be great.

The media and well society in whole needs to find the causes of these and advocate for better mental health. Less of these would happen.

I agree... I feel like they scapegoat because it's far easier than addressing what's broken within our society...and undoubtedly more profitable.
Back to top Go down
remrem25

remrem25

Contribution Points : 44935

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 12:42 pm

Very interesting developments about Manson in the news. Has anyone seen them? Does not have to do with CHS but shocking nonetheless

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 3:27 pm

Yup! I've been following Evan Rachel Wood's claims of abuse for quite awhile now. I think many already had the accused pegged as Manson. I can believe he was abusive (controlling, spying, gaslighting), I''m still not entirely convinced the sex she mentions was not consensual. Violet wands are often used by couples that enjoy a little BDSM. I wish it could be investigated further, before Manson is stripped of his livlihood. I found Dita's statement interesting, too.

remrem25 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 40003
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:53 pm

AZ20 wrote:
Yup! I've been following Evan Rachel Wood's claims of abuse for quite awhile now. I think many already had the accused pegged as Manson. I can believe he was abusive (controlling, spying, gaslighting), I''m still not entirely convinced the sex she mentions was not consensual. Violet wands are often used by couples that enjoy a little BDSM. I wish it could be investigated further, before Manson is stripped of his livlihood. I found Dita's statement interesting, too.

That's awful. I hope Rachel finds the peace she can and get the help she needs for the trauma. I never 'got' Manson's music, so I lost a lot of respect for Manson reading about this. :/

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise

AZ20 likes this post

Back to top Go down
AZ20

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 11:58 pm

I get it. I've long been a fan of his music, but he has become a caricature of himself these day... the drugs and absinthe have taken a toll. Also, being famous and living in a bubble with people who "yes" you to death, it distorts reality. I think he believes he's above the law.
Back to top Go down
edgelord

edgelord

Contribution Points : 63239

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 8:55 am

I swear this whole new Manson scandal is giving me major deja-vu. I don't think his behavior was great, but at the same time, I wasn't exactly expecting Manson to be a missionary man lol.

People want to be loved; failing that admired; failing that feared; failing that hated and despised. They want to evoke some sort of sentiment. The soul shudders before oblivion and seeks connection at any price.

-- Hjalmar Söderberg

AZ20 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm

Didn't Manson get a charge for criminal sexual conduct in 2001? He had to pay a fine of £4000 for girating on a security guard.

AZ20 likes this post

Back to top Go down
AZ20

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Yup, he sure did. Have you read his autobiography from the 90s? "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell"? He incriminated himself and Trent Reznor in that thing. Trentz says it's all fabrications.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 6:01 pm

No, though Reznor says he cut ties with Manson over 20 years ago. I wonder how far Reznor will be dragged into this.

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 6:15 pm

I really hope that he won't be dragged in too far. It's true that Trent has voiced his dislike for MM over the years. Even though they reunited for the Starfuckers, Inc. video. Personally, I get the impression that MM did something that hurt TR. I don't recall him ever going into detail, though MM blames it on TR pretending to destroy master copies of ACSS. I mean, that might be put of it but I think it goes deeper. TR really helped Him out back in the day.

lognifiiskurk likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 6:32 pm

Yeah, I think that Reznor has distanced himself far enough away from Manson over the years so hopefully he won't be dragged in too far.

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 6:27 pm

I wonder when certain people will finally stop blaming music bands/videogames/movies and focus on the real issues instead.
Probably never, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39146
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 3:29 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:27 am; edited 3 times in total

froggy and QuestionMark like this post

Back to top Go down
theartofwar

theartofwar

Contribution Points : 34807

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 9:53 pm

I still feel bad for how the media portrayed MM regarding columbine. Like with what happened regarding blaming videogames for violence, the media did the same thing to him, and nearly ruined his entire career. Bowling for Columbine goes partially in-depth into this, it's a pretty interesting watch.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 4:58 pm

I think its absolutely disgusting what they did there. We had a similar situation in Norway during the church burnings. Any metalhead basically became the ultimate scapegoat for what Varg Vikernes did.

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104562
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Norwegian wrote:
I think its absolutely disgusting what they did there. We had a similar situation in Norway during the church burnings. Any metalhead basically became the ultimate scapegoat for what Varg Vikernes did.

IIRC when Varg killed Euronymous some of the headlines were "Satanist stabbed to death at Tøyen" or something like that.
I looked through the national library, the word Satanist basically had a peak around '93-94
Headline: "Known Satanist murdered, the count(Varg) in grief"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bathory, Mayhem and Black Metal bands used to use Satanism to scare and shock mainly because Scandinavia is very Christian.
Bathory did later on stop doing that and decided to viking themed metal.
Documentaries to watch is "Until The Light Takes Us" and "Satan Rides the Media" that one has a a lot of mistranslations.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 7:00 pm

Koltin wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

IIRC when Varg killed Euronymous some of the headlines were "Satanist stabbed to death at Tøyen" or something like that.
I looked through the national library, the word Satanist basically had a peak around '93-94
Bathory, Mayhem and Black Metal bands used to use Satanism to scare and shock mainly because Scandinavia is very Christian.
Documentaries to watch is "Until The Light Takes Us" and "Satan Rides the Media" that one has a a lot of mistranslations.

Varg basically contradicts himselves all the time.

First hes self identified as a satanist, than a pagan, than a nazi.
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104562
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Koltin wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

Varg basically contradicts himselves all the time.

First hes self identified as a satanist, than a pagan, than a nazi.
I think while he was imprisoned he wrote a book called Vargsmål
Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 30684
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 pm

I saw in an old interview somewhere with Marilyn Manson where he was saying how he watched columbine happen on TV in a hotel room in Chicago. As he was watching it he said he thought to himself how he was going to get blamed for this and then heard the news reported how four teenagers wearing Marilyn Manson t-shirts had stormed the school.

Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35567
Forum Reputation : 244

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 1:56 am

I don't think Klebold was an admin of the site, I came across an email he sent to the admin a while back unless I'm mistaken.

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson and Columbine   Marilyn Manson and Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marilyn Manson and Columbine
Page 1 of 1