Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana

Go down 
+2
slimnotchauvinistic
Tommy QTR
6 posters
AuthorMessage

5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Empty
PostSubject: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Five people are dead following a string of shootings in Louisiana, law enforcement officials said. Two shootings took place in Ascension and Livingston parishes, near Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on Saturday morning. The suspect, 21-year-old Dakota Theriot, is accused of killing his parents, Elizabeth and Keith Theriot, both 50, in the town of Gonzalez, the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office said.

The Theriots were alive when deputies arrived to their home and were able to identify their son as the gunman, Ascension Parish Sheriff Bobby Webre told reporters.

Dakota Theriot is also suspected of killing three more people in neighboring Livingston Parish. The victims, Billy, Summer and Tanner Ernest, were found dead Saturday morning, the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office said. At least one of the Livingston victims was a friend of Theriot's, the sheriff's office said. Authorities were searching for Theriot on Saturday and said they believe he is "armed and dangerous."

The suspect has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, illegal use of weapons and home invasion, Webre said. Investigators are still trying to determine the motive behind the shootings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Damn another one of these shootings? And so soon as well? I wonder what the motive will be.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
slimnotchauvinistic

slimnotchauvinistic

Contribution Points : 49400
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Was driving through the area at 2am. Glad I didn't stop for gas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 5:56 pm

guess the U.S. is looking at having a 12 month mass shooting season for 2019
not really the best thing to head start at
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72969
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Damn, I can't believe I'm only just hearing this. The new year has officially begun.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Sounds to me that these killings might've been personal in nature. Doesn't sound like a rampage with random targets.

Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 7:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you was right.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Louisiana law enforcement officers are engaged in an active manhunt for an “armed and dangerous” 21-year-old man suspected of murdering five including his parents and his girlfriend and her family in two separate shootings.

Dakota Theriot has been named the “prime suspect” in the murder of his parents, Keith and Elizabeth Theriot, who were killed in their trailer on Saturday morning, Ascension Parish Sheriff office announced, noting that responding officers were able to interview one of the victims before they died. After murdering his parents, the 21-year-old went on to kill three more people inside another mobile home in Livingston Parish.

After speaking with their detectives for quite a while we came to realize that these two cases indeed may be related. We feel that they are related,” Ascension Parish Sheriff Bobby Webre told reporters at an afternoon press conference.

After interviewing witnesses, authorities believe the shootings stemmed from a “boyfriend [and] girlfriend type of dispute.” According to some reports, one of the victims at the second shooting site was dating the suspect.

Louisiana law enforcement officers are engaged in an active manhunt for an “armed and dangerous” 21-year-old man suspected of murdering five – including his parents and his girlfriend and her family – in two separate shootings.
Dakota Theriot has been named the “prime suspect” in the murder of his parents, Keith and Elizabeth Theriot, who were killed in their trailer on Saturday morning, Ascension Parish Sheriff office announced, noting that responding officers were able to interview one of the victims before they died. After murdering his parents, the 21-year-old went on to kill three more people inside another mobile home in Livingston Parish.

“After speaking with their detectives for quite a while we came to realize that these two cases indeed may be related. We feel that they are related,” Ascension Parish Sheriff Bobby Webre told reporters at an afternoon press conference.
After interviewing witnesses, authorities believe the shootings stemmed from a “boyfriend [and] girlfriend type of dispute.” According to some reports, one of the victims at the second shooting site was dating the suspect.

Authorities now seek public help in tracking down the main suspect, who they believe poses real danger. Dakota Theriot is reportedly driving a 2004 Dodge pickup truck. Police believe the killer might now be in Mississippi, after they tracked his vehicle to the state line.

“This is probably one of the worst domestic violence [incidents] I’ve seen in quite a while,” Webre said. “For a young man to walk into a bedroom and kill his mother and his father, and then kill friends in Livingston that he had a connection with.”

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
slimnotchauvinistic

slimnotchauvinistic

Contribution Points : 49400
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 12:59 pm

Caught him in Virginia when he pulled up to his grandmas house. He didn't put up a fight
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66394
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 7:09 pm

slimnotchauvinistic wrote:
Caught him in Virginia when he pulled up to his grandmas house. He didn't put up a fight

Contribution Points : 91031
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Someone who kills their own parents, the people who brought you into this world is just evil.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 am

bradt93 wrote:
Someone who kills their own parents, the people who brought you into this world is just evil.

Bah, killing almost anyone is an evil thing to do. I don't see what makes killing a parent any more evil than killing someone else.

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 5:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'd be interesting if someone made a chart featuring the 'levels of evil' involved in a mass murder. Familicide would be very high up there if the family actually cared for the perpetrator and if the perpetrator didn't kill them with the intention of preventing them from the massive amount of suffering incurred from the blame and aftermath of the shooting. I obviously think that Lanza shouldn't have killed Nancy or done the shooting, yet I guarantee that the rest of Nancy's life would've been pure suffering, massive amounts of blame, and possibly even stalking or attacks from dumb vigilantes and such. The reason why is because even though she was killed by Adam Lanza, the media smeared her to no end. She would've been smeared and hated on even more if she was still alive. What's surprising though is that the media didn't do this with Chris Harper-Mercer's parents even though they knew that he loved watching videos of people being killed, was extremely hateful, and had an arsenal.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 pm

NSAhoneypot wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'd be interesting if someone made a chart featuring the 'levels of evil' involved in a mass murder. Familicide would be very high up there if the family actually cared for the perpetrator and if the perpetrator didn't kill them with the intention of preventing them from the massive amount of suffering incurred from the blame and aftermath of the shooting. I obviously think that Lanza shouldn't have killed Nancy or done the shooting, yet I guarantee that the rest of Nancy's life would've been pure suffering, massive amounts of blame, and possibly even stalking or attacks from dumb vigilantes and such. The reason why is because even though she was killed by Adam Lanza, the media smeared her to no end. She would've been smeared and hated on even more if she was still alive. What's surprising though is that the media didn't do this with Chris Harper-Mercer's parents even though they knew that he loved watching videos of people being killed, was extremely hateful, and had an arsenal.

Chris didn't gun down twenty kids who were no older than six.

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 8:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] As far as we know, Adam Lanza's parents didn't know that he watched gore (if we are to believe fuckcomments is Lanza, who claimed that he watched gore) and didn't know how hateful he was. Even though The Big Book of Granny is pretty dark for a fifth grader, all of that stuff could've been dismissed by Lanza as fictional stories and nothing more. My point is that even though Adam Lanza's actions were more heinous, he showed off less red flags (again, as far as we know, which isn't that much because his mom's dead and his dad hadn't seen him for a long time).
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 pm

NSAhoneypot wrote:
My point is that even though Adam Lanza's actions were more heinous, he showed off less red flags (again, as far as we know, which isn't that much because his mom's dead and his dad hadn't seen him for a long time).

And it's a valid point. Unfortunately that doesn't matter to the masses.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana   5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 dead after shooting spree in Louisiana
Page 1 of 1