Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?

Go down 
+11
LPorter101
Gonz
Freezingmoon
elia
JDM87
queenfarooq
sororityalpha
rik75
Moseley
fatlittleparasite
Jenn
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119033
Forum Reputation : 1004

Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Empty
PostSubject: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Interesting topic from the old forum. I don't think we've discussed this here before? Which one would you have if you could pick? For me, it would be The Basement Tapes.

Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97952
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Are the happenings on the 911 call very clear? In the bit that I did hear I couldn't really understand a whole lot without following the transcript closely.

My immediate response would be the Basement Tapes. I think it would be a lot more interesting to see how E&D acted together in such an up-close and personal way. Plus, we'd probably have "the big answer."
Back to top Go down
Moseley

Contribution Points : 96157
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:57 am

Yep, basement tapes for sure. Don't think I really wanna hear the two ranting and raving while killing people. Would rather see how they are like on their own, there's no actual footage where there is only the two of them, there's always either one of them (like the Eric in Cafeteria footage or Dylan in a friend's car) or both with others present. I'm sure we'd get a more damning description of them in the basement tapes. We can live in hope that they are one day released Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 am

That is a good point and I never actually thought about that until now. But, you are right, there is no videos of just the 2 of them together, alone. There are always other people around. I'd like to see how they interact with each other when they are alone too. I'd also like to see Eric crying. That is hard to imagine.

The person who created this original thread over at the old RPG said they'd like to hear the full Library 911 call instead of seeing The Basement Tapes. They said they would rather hear the full 911 call because they think it would be the closest thing to feeling like they were actually there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:09 am

Basement Tapes, hands-down. I'd love to see them together without any other people in the room with them. I'd want to see the dynamic of their friendship when it really is just them and nobody else. Plus, I'm pretty sure that there are some really interesting and hilarious parts in those tapes. I'd want the full tapes, though, and not a pick-and-choose from the authorities with scenes cut/altered. Smile 

I really don't want to hear the full 911-call. The little we have of that has been enough to drive the point home, here. My interest is in what brought them to that day rather than in how it was on the day itself.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97318
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:07 am

Its got to be the basements tapes. The 911 call only provides us with audio. Much of what we have already heard is difficult to understand because of the fire alarms going off. Also ,i don't want to hear kids being taunted and then murdered. The basements tapes would provide us with a visual account of E&D's " one on one " with each other. What would interest me about seeing "B tapes" would be witnessing the build up. The tapes begin at March 15 -1999 and finish at April 20 -1999 ( 30 minutes before the massacre ) When i say " build up " i am talking about how we would be able to witness their mindset and behavior. They both made many videos and we get to see them interact with each other and others. But ,with the "B Ts" we would see them as their true selves. We would see the evil and the ugly in their eyes. From the first to the last tape we would see then develop ,we would see them becoming colder and meaner as NBK gets nearer and nearer. We have read their journal and diaries etc. Imagine seeing all that anger and upset on film! Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold looking into the video camera lens ,LOOKING INTO OUR EYES!! and telling us WHY they are doing this horrific attack. The tapes covered a period of 37 days. It would be awesome to witness that. To see and hear them both over those days would have provided us with many answers to questions that are so widely asked : Did Eric cry ? Did Eric wince as he drank the JD? How did they both look during their farewell video ? Were they visibly upset? They are so many many more questions and only the tapes could provide the answer. From the day 1 up until day 37 i wonder how their demeanours changed ? As each day went past and " judgement day " was approaching ,i wonder how they looked? Would we have been able to see the stress and pressures by their appearances? Did they dress differently than normal ,did they wash ? Would we have been able to see a couple of normal ( in appearance ) kids or would we see two mentally ill kids? Will we ever see those tapes? We shall have to wait and see.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Moseley

Contribution Points : 96157

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Concerning Eric crying, well you get pretty much close to that in the other videos, when he seems isolated in the cafeteria and when he's trying to play up to the camera in his production videos. But worst of all when he looks like a headless chicken in highway patrol video LOL.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Jenn wrote:
Interesting topic from the old forum. I don't think we've discussed this here before? Which one would you have if you could pick? For me, it would be The Basement Tapes.
Hi Jenn, how long does the unedited 911 call run for? Did Patti drop the phone and leave it connected?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:52 pm

rik75 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Hi Jenn, how long does the unedited 911 call run for? Did Patti drop the phone and leave it connected?
She did drop the phone and leave it connected, but to be honest, I really don't know how long the actual call ran for.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 pm

The call lasted 26 minutes 19 seconds

Without time adjustments it was 11:27:47-11:54:10 [911 Log  shows 11:27:50-11:55:16]

With time adjustments it was from 11:25:02-11:51:25

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Without time adjustments it was 11:27:47-11:54:10 [911 Log  shows 11:27:50-11:55:16]

Here is a rough draft of the entire call:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for the information, I knew Nielson's call is recorded in the 911 log as coming in at 11:27:50 and ending at 11:55:16, but i couldn't remember how much these times were off by, i only remembered it was around the 2 minutes mark.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:41 am

sororityalpha wrote:

Here is a rough draft of the entire call:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you sororityalpha ,you are a stickler for detail and never fail to impress. cheers
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101881

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 am

Basement Tapes. The 911 call would be horrible to listen to. That one snippet of Lauren Townsend getting murdered is hard enough to listen to.
Back to top Go down
elia

Contribution Points : 100938

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 10:51 am

Very hard to answer. I think I'd choose the 911 call, just because it was something that wasn't planned. I mean, they made the basement tapes because they wanted them to be viewed, so in a way they don't show us completely the real Eric and Dylan. Instead, they didn't know they were recorded in the 911 call whene they were in the library, so it makes that more interesting to me.

nochcherna and Denethor like this post

Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77745

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 11:57 am

911 call, because the basement tapes were planned and would be more like them "acting". I want to see how their behavior was while the whole thing occurred.

nochcherna and Denethor like this post

Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85240

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:30 pm

I'd prefer watching 3 hours of video rather than listening to a 26 minutes long noisy audio recording where all you're gonna hear are distant bangs. Besides, that snippet were you can hear Valeen screaming gave me goosebumps, I don't know if I would be able to listen to the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Basement tapes.

em81

Contribution Points : 101499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:47 pm

basementtapes of course
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 1:15 pm

I am greedy, I want to see the tapes and hear the full call. It cannot just be one for me.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98268
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Library recording for me if it was clear. As someone mentioned earlier, it's hard to make out the bits we had.

I think the basement tapes would be pretty boring viewing to be honest. Many minutes of pointless stuff. Also, forced like Eric's journal - for an audience.
Back to top Go down
tototo

tototo

Contribution Points : 16376

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 3:19 pm

Definitely the basement tapes. I really would like to know where Eric hide all his stuff

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
aphid

aphid

Contribution Points : 4189

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:02 pm

Basement tapes, I would listen to that shit like a podcast.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?    Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes or the FULL unedited 911 call from Library?
Page 1 of 1