Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Killers and failed suicide

Go down 
+4
InsaneIntruder
Gold Digger
Koltin
alphawhiskey86
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Killers and failed suicide Empty
PostSubject: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 am

Is there a killer you know of (mass killer, serial killer who tried to avoid arrest or trial...) who tried to commit suicide and failed and went in a vegetative state, in coma or had so much mental troubles after this that he could not go in prison anymore?
Back to top Go down
alphawhiskey86

alphawhiskey86

Contribution Points : 51001
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:39 pm

What I can think of is Ted Bundy escaped prison twice before trial. No suicide attempt

Jason Hoffman killed himself in prison, attempted suicide by cop during attack but failed

Michael Carneal & -TJ Solomon attempted suicide in prison

However not sure if anyone did it to avoid trial

W̵̧̢̗̱̻̘̥̜̙͑̃͜e̴̥̬̓̇͒͑͂͠’̶̨̨̬̱̞͎̦͖̌̆̅̅̐̈́͜ȑ̸͍̋̔̍̔̄͂̊͘͜e̴̢̧͔͕̰͚̺͑͌̎͛̓ ̵̲̒̄̀͘ȃ̸̩̰̪̃ḷ̸̡͔̳͖̪̆͗̄̈́̾̇̓̍̒l̸̲͓͛̀̒̊͋͊̊͜͝ ̷̹̭͇̝̓̆̆̌̌̕l̷̠̊̏͆i̴̫̊͛͋̑͐̒͘͝͝v̴̠̜́̈́́̈͂͐̿̕͝͝i̵͚͛̿n̸̲̻̦̂͂̓̍g̸͓͕̱͙̼̯͌́̍̚͘ͅ ̶̡̞̙̮̜͋͑̑ì̷͈̄͗͒͐̈̽̆̚n̷̞̯̐̂̃̿ ̶̨͍̖̙̱̱̩̈́̃̋̎̅͌ͅë̸̮̥͔̭́̊a̸̰̬̩̣̗͒̌̌̾̌́̊c̵̺̜̙͍͗̒̄̉̓͐͐͌̆h̴͖͙̣͚̺͖̙̄̅̑̕͜ ̵̧͕͉̑̄̅̏̆̔̐̀ò̷̗̇̔͊͋̍̚͜t̷̨̡͍̳̲́̈́͋̅͆ͅh̷̢̳̭̟̖̀́̽̑̑͆͝͝ẹ̴͒̾r̴͕̬̙̰̩͕̖̋͛̇́͋̌͋ͅ’̶̫̗̱̞͎̩̆͛͑̀͂͛͌s̴͇̱̘̑̎̑́̈́̑̌̈́̚ ̵̥̮̾̋̅̏̋̒̌͛p̵̝̖̦̹̱̮̮̦̥̜̍a̵̯̞͉̺̭͔̥͆̐ͅr̴̡̢̲͎͈̖̘̿̇̏͛͋͌͌͗̚͝à̷͕͚͉̲͓̦̮͎̥̍̽̈́͑ǹ̴͇̝͇͑̋̉͒͐͆̄͘ơ̵̼͇͂͗̊̐̕͠i̸̧̝̣̠͋̎̂̓͋͛̅͛͛͝a̶͎͌̽̏̐͊͊̈̚
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 105087
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Ricky Ray Rector, he murdered Arthur Criswell and a police man named Robert Martin, after that he shot himself in the head by the temple which destroyed his frontal lobe, he basically self lobotomized himself. He was sentenced to die, for his last meal, Rector requested and received a steak, fried chicken, cherry Kool-Aid, and pecan pie. He left the pie on the side of the tray. When he was walked to the execution chamber he told the Correctional Officer that he was saving the pie for later.

And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Thanks!

To clarify my OP, I don't care that much about the reasons why they tried to commit suicide, but more on the result it had on them.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120878
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 3:48 pm

alphawhiskey86 wrote:
Michael Carneal & -TJ Solomon attempted suicide in prison

James Rouse was the same way, I believe. Does anyone know what methods were attempted?

Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Contribution Points : 53739
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 3:33 am

The Santa Fe shooter was going to commit suicide, but was caught by police before he could do it.

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86328
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 am

On March 16th 2000, in Brannenberg, Germany, 16 year old Michael F. shot a teacher and himself and has been in a coma ever since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:58 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
On March 16th 2000, in Brannenberg, Germany, 16 year old Michael F. shot a teacher and himself and has been in a coma ever since.
I wonder when he will wake up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
I wonder when he will wake up?

I also wonder if he wakes up in 20 years and has no mental issues but doesn't remember anything, could he be judged?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120878
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 11:24 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:

Jesus, why didn't they take him off life support? Seems almost cruel to keep someone alive like that, killer or not...

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68747
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 7:34 pm

On May 6, 1940, the principal of South Pasadena Junior High School, Verlin Spencer, shot and killed 5 school officials. He shot himself when cornered by police, but survived and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68747
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Also, a lesser known case, a 16 year old student at Mountain View High School stabbed 5 students in a locker room, attempted to kill them. He was tased by a school resource officer and stabbed himself in the neck. He left a suicide note at home so it was clear he wanted to kill other students then himself.

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 2:53 am

Hideki Tojo failed to commit suicide and was executed by the Unites States.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gold Digger wrote:
The Santa Fe shooter was going to commit suicide, but was caught by police before he could do it.

He didn't have the courage to commit suicide.

InsaneIntruder wrote:

He is Doomed.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 30053
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 2:26 pm

Maya McKinney tried to kill herself after the shooting.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 16246
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 4:39 pm

Martin Bryant attempted suicide twice in prison and failed.

DanielBryer likes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 30053
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Rosie1756 wrote:
If I remember correctly, the fire was a suicide attempt as well.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 16246
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 5:48 pm

DanielBryer wrote:
Rosie1756 wrote:
If I remember correctly, the fire was a suicide attempt as well.

No, I believe it was a distraction so he could try and escape.

DanielBryer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killers and failed suicide   Killers and failed suicide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killers and failed suicide
Page 1 of 1