Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Dylan’s journal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Question about Dylan’s journal Empty
PostSubject: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 12:24 am

So I was going through Dylan’s journals when I came across a page that was hard to read. acolumbinesite states it says the word “genuine”, but the word I’m reading is the name “Jamie”. Why does this look like it says “I know it’s her....everything is true. My love is Jamie”. I’m going to post a screenshot to see what others think. I believe it’s a J word since on another of his pages he writes the word “joy” and the J’s look identical. Opinions on it are appreciated. Thanks! (Oh and I hope this is posted in the correct spot. I do apologize if it isn’t). I hope my photos show up. If not I’ll edit and try to send them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 12:28 am

To be completely honest, it looks more like he wrote "same" in cursive even though that doesn't make any sense in the context. I do think it is "genuine". His hand writing can be difficult to read at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 12:30 am

Yeah transcribing these papers are headache worthy. It was bothering me so I figured I’d see what everyone else thought. Smile
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80847
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 am

It's tough, and you might be right, but I think it's 'genuine'. The j example you give doesn't have the cursive, diagonal bit connecting the J and the O like this has connecting the (presumably) G and E. It has a dot over it like a J should. Also the very next verse has "gaze" and you see he writes the G the same way. The dot isn't over the hump next to the e like in Jamie, but the one before that one, like in genuine. What seems to make it hard is that he got sloppy and the right-most upright part of the U and the I are the same stroke, like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't think that's a J or an a though. If it was, I would be inclined to say it's Janine, not Jamie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am

Great points cakeman. I def see genuine there too (just way sloppy) and I’m sure that’s what it is. I mean they wouldn’t keep anyone’s name on there since every name is redacted, but boy was it bothering me anytime I read it. In my mind I kept reading it as something else instead of genuine.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80847
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah I doubt the pen was firm in his hand or his elbow was resting firm, and I think the "nuin" part was written like how some people write their signature, just a series of humps and lost count. More or less ge - squigglesquigglesquiggle with a dot over it - e
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83082
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 6:24 pm

I agree that it's "genuine."
Mostly because I think the second letter is an "e", it doesn't look like any of the "a's" he writes, to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks everyone! Genuine it is. I need to learn scribble handwriting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dylan’s journal   Question about Dylan’s journal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Dylan’s journal
Page 1 of 1