Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal

Go down 
+4
Norwegian
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Brandiii
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandiii

Brandiii

Contribution Points : 36975
Forum Reputation : 0

What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Empty
PostSubject: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 6:07 am

1) By the way, some zombies are smarter than others,
some manipulate... like my parents.)
I am God. [edited] is God.
& zombies will pay for
their arrogance, hate, fear, abandonment, &
distrust.

2) the zombies were a test to see if our love was genuine. we are in wait of our reward, each other. the zombies will never cause us pain anymore. the humanity was a test. I love you, love. Time to die, time to be free, time to love.

3) The little zombie human fags will know their errors, & be forever suffering & mournful, HAHAHA, of course i will miss things. not really.

What the actual f*#*? Does anyone know what this means?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 11:02 am

It's his way of saying "normie" (normal human beings).

weeb likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 11:05 am

I always thought the Zombies were those without self awareness, since Dylan was really big on having self awareness... they were people who abandoned him, who were happy with just going with the flow and liking the same things and not thinking for themselves. 

It's interesting when Sue talks about Dylan's journal because she never mentions the things he says about her and Tom.

weeb likes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78853
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Its hes state of mind, I believe. Dellusional and paranoid. And thats why he sees himself as God and the rest are zombies/everyday dwellers(source:Why Kids kill)
Back to top Go down
Vwaifu

Contribution Points : 35612
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 9:56 pm

It means sheeple NPCs in 90s edgelord lingo plus it’s a reference to monsters from DOOM. Says a lot about how contemptuous he was of humanity and his superiority complex. May have been a defense mechanism, may have been an organic personality disorder of inflated ego.

Modernity is a disease

“The only person crazy enough to stay with her is that Dylan Harris columbine guy she reads about...she’s like, a trenchcoat mafia loser’s pretend girlfriend come to life!” —overheard in student center, hence screenname
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 10:19 pm

Vwaifu wrote:
It means sheeple NPCs in 90s edgelord lingo plus it’s a reference to monsters from DOOM.  Says a lot about how contemptuous he was of humanity and his superiority complex.  May have been a defense mechanism, may have been an organic personality disorder of inflated ego.

Im not so sure about this. Langmann weights in in the book that he was extremely paranoid. 'Zombies' imply paranoid dellusion.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 5:05 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Vwaifu wrote:
It means sheeple NPCs in 90s edgelord lingo plus it’s a reference to monsters from DOOM.  Says a lot about how contemptuous he was of humanity and his superiority complex.  May have been a defense mechanism, may have been an organic personality disorder of inflated ego.

Im not so sure about this. Langmann weights in in the book that he was extremely paranoid. 'Zombies' imply paranoid dellusion.

In Why Kids Kill, pg. 69 (pdf) Langmann said
“ Zombies” was Dylan’s term for all the people he looked down on, which was virtually everyone besides Eric and himself. He seemed to think that society was out to get him. wrote:
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 5:58 pm

thelmar wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Vwaifu wrote:

In Why Kids Kill, pg. 69 (pdf) Langmann said

Yeah, but it was also a psychotic illusion according to Langmann. This is where Ochberg argues that Dylan wasnt psychotic. I havent read hes research paper as of Yet
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Yeah, but it was also a psychotic illusion according to Langmann. This is where Ochberg argues that Dylan wasnt psychotic. I havent read hes research paper as of Yet

That must be in another paper; I don't see it in Dylan's chapter in his book. He says Dylan's reference to the zombies reflected his feelings about humans and the parts of his own humanity that he looked down upon and that he wanted to break free from.
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

Contribution Points : 45344
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 10:05 pm

thelmar wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

That must be in another paper; I don't see it in Dylan's chapter in his book. He says Dylan's reference to the zombies reflected his feelings about humans and the parts of his own humanity that he looked down upon and that he wanted to break free from.

I looked through Langman's papers and couldn't find him talking about Dylan calling people zombies being symptomatic of psychotic delusions either. Am I missing it?

Or do you mean the way Langman divides shooters into psychopathic (Harris) psychotic (Klebold) and traumatized - like the kid in Arkansas, Mitchell Johnson? I don't know if we can assume calling people zombies is a psychotic delusion just cause Langman theorizes that Dylan was psychotic at the time of the shooting. Thinking about how he used that in his journals to refer to what I guess you'd call normal people - or anyways people who he didn't consider close friends (but even some of those) - and even expressed jealousy of them at times, it sounds less like he was having delusions that people were actual zombies than it was more like a way of looking down on others while also feeling like they were mindlessly taking away from him/the world things they couldn't appreciate the value of. So basically what [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quoted from Langman.

It's all post mortem speculation, though, and the only person who could answer that is long gone.
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60836
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 11:31 pm

I believe he was comparing people to zombies/zombie like. Automatic, brain dead and just wanting to feed off others. Also, them having no self awareness. A society of brain dead zombies. Seeing the whole world & population like that, including his parents must have been an extremely lonely place for Dylan.

adastra

Contribution Points : 45344
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Adzybear wrote:
I believe he was comparing people to zombies/zombie like. Automatic, brain dead and just wanting to feed off others. Also, them having no self awareness. A society of brain dead zombies. Seeing the whole world & population like that, including his parents must have been an extremely lonely place for Dylan.

Yeah, there was, if I remember correctly, it's been a minute, a lot of talk about how people lacked self-awareness, they just did things because it was what's done, never thought about what it really meant or why things are the way they are. Wasn't that part of at least Dylan's writings - that he and Eric had self-awareness so it made them godlike in comparison to the mindless zombies? Though he might have only mentioned Eric briefly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal    What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a zombie actually in Dylan Klebold’s journal
Page 1 of 1