Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This quote from Dylan’s journal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kblu

kblu

Contribution Points : 53334
Forum Reputation : 425

This quote from Dylan’s journal Empty
PostSubject: This quote from Dylan’s journal   This quote from Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 8:01 pm

“My friends (at my choice) are depleting & collapsing under each other (Eric & (?) ) like I thought they would, I am ready to be with (?).” - Dylan, 6/10/98

How do you interpret this? It seems like he caused (“at my choice”; “like i thought they would”) Eric’s friendship with someone else to collapse, and because of that, he’s ready to be with his halcyon girl? Maybe Eric was having doubts about NBK and Dylan thought he had to split his friendship up with someone in order to make it still happen (so he can die and be with his halcyon girl)? Or maybe Eric was friends with a girl he liked? Wish we knew what was redacted name was.
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42424
Forum Reputation : 53

This quote from Dylan’s journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: This quote from Dylan’s journal   This quote from Dylan’s journal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 pm

I was always sure that redacted name is Zach Heckler.
From what i understand, Zach and Eric had problems at the time. After they hacked school computers (I always suspected it was Zach's initiative, because he was the only one who actually used it to put death-threatening note into Devon's exboyfriend's locker, and Dylan and Eric helped) . Also there is some sort of continuation of this story with Eric and Nate sending threats to Devon because of Dylan. I am sure that Eric was angry at Zach for involving them in this story, because it cost him work in the computer class and good relationship with Rich Long, who liked him a lot and even had talks to local computer company to help with Eric's internship (according to Kass).
Also apparently Zach's parents told him to stop communicating with Eric because of pipe bombs.
So i think conflict between Eric and Zach was brewing for some time, and i think it's possible that Dylan heard ftom Zach and Devon and possibly other people, and from his parents, that he should drop Eric as a friend, but he made a choice not to.

I really like your version, but i simply don't know who this potential friend might have been.
Back to top Go down

This quote from Dylan’s journal
Page 1 of 1