Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
waron_depression

Contribution Points : 46875
Forum Reputation : 0

A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Empty
PostSubject: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this or if it would be allowed here, But I just thought this song written about the shooting from Eric's (I think) perspective is actually quite sad and sorta beautiful. She has a very nice voice. I was curious if anyone else has heard it or their thoughts on it. It's called lividity - nicole Dollanganger (would post link but i'm a new member.)
I don't often talk about my opinion of the two shooters because people don't like my opinion much. While I don't condone their actions in anyway, I can't help but feel so terrible for them, along with the others they hurt that day. I don't know why I feel so terrible for them (The shooters). I always feel like I shouldn't. But how do you guys feel? How many other people actually feel so sad that nothing was done to stop everything, just because everyone could've been ok that day. I mean, I know most people only feel bad for the 13 and others shot by them that day. Is it wrong I feel bad for them too?
Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

Contribution Points : 51007
Forum Reputation : 106

PostSubject: Re: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 11:54 pm

I feel terrible for them too. I think it is more towards the realisation that somebody was in so much pain that they had no choice but to hurt others. You can't help but carry a sense of empathy.

I have never heard the song, but I just listened to it, and it's pretty sad.
Back to top Go down
waron_depression

Contribution Points : 46875
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 am

a broken human wrote:
I feel terrible for them too. I think it is more towards the realisation that somebody was in so much pain that they had no choice but to hurt others. You can't help but carry a sense of empathy.

I have never heard the song, but I just listened to it, and it's pretty sad.

Honestly, I've heard the quote that Eric said the Marines would've given him a chance to be good. That quote haunts me because it says so much about him atleast as a person and his ability for rehabilitation. People on youtube and everywhere else are quick to point to him as the leader and the psycho. I think he's much more complex than a lot of people know.
Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

Contribution Points : 51007
Forum Reputation : 106

PostSubject: Re: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 am

Yeah, I agree... If only...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 am

The same artist samples Eric in her song Rampage.
Back to top Go down
AllanLionChild

AllanLionChild

Contribution Points : 50285
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:24 am

I think Nicole Dollanganger has a general interest in Columbine. As well as making her own songs in reference to the shooting, in 2013 she made an EP titled Columbine with covered songs of Marilyn Mason, and Pumped Up Kicks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters   A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A song written after the shooting+my thoughts on the shooters
Page 1 of 1