Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The jocks at Columbine were pretty short

Go down 
+8
sororityalpha
LadyStardust
Lizpuff
SandraSmit19
HanShotFirst
Rebbie556
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152262
Forum Reputation : 2754

The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Empty
PostSubject: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:45 pm

Many if not most of them were about Eric's height (5'8"). The football players and wrestlers were much bulkier than E&D, obviously.

Look at the 1998 homecoming king. He was one of Rocky's best buds:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rocky himself was not that tall for a Big Man on Campus:

Rocky's brother Dusty (No. 58) was even shorter than his older brother. (A lot of people have said that Dusty was a nice guy.)

Dusty also posed for this weirdly homoerotic picture published in ESPN: The Magazine. (He's the one in the middle.) The guy on the left was accused of his girlfriend of being an abusive bully. (He, in turn, accused her of being a manipulative slut.)

Interestingly enough, many of Dylan's friends were around his height (6'4"). Brooks Brown was (and still is, presumably) 6'5".

Chloelaura420 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 pm

Dylan was freakishly tall. He and my current partner are the exact same height. Though, I am 4'11" so I am super short. Interesting though, that most of the jocks had to look up to Dylan.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 pm

hvernon wrote:
Dylan was freakishly tall. He and my current partner are the exact same height. Though, I am 4'11" so I am super short. Interesting though, that most of the jocks had to look up to Dylan.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Once, during sophomore year, Dylan said something to Tom about "hating the jocks." Tom asked him if they were giving him a hard time, and Dylan answered with confidence: "They don’t bother me. I’m six four. But they sure give Eric hell."

Your reaction, Mr. Cullen?

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Eric wasn’t short, he just had very tall friends lol

According to what I read and I could be wrong but Brooks is 6 foot 5, Dylan 6 foot 4, Chris is 6 foot 2 and Zach and Nate are both 6 feet even..

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
hvernon wrote:

Quote :
Once, during sophomore year, Dylan said something to Tom about "hating the jocks." Tom asked him if they were giving him a hard time, and Dylan answered with confidence: "They don’t bother me. I’m six four. But they sure give Eric hell."

Makes sense you wouldn't want to push around the kid who is 6'4" when you're 5'8".
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 11:57 pm

hvernon wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
hvernon wrote:

Quote :

Makes sense you wouldn't want to push around the kid who is 6'4" when you're 5'8".

Boys bully other boys because they want to make them look weak in front of girls. A 5'8" guy is on the short side, especially when you consider how many women love to wear monster heels. (As I said, look at the homecoming queen next to the homecoming king.)

I know some very short guys (5'4" and under) with musculature that makes them look like freaks. They spend all of their free time working out. One guy in particular "flexes" his body every time he encounters a girl who is shorter than him.

Contribution Points : 92531
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 6:48 am

5'7 isn't even short lol (I'm 1,62m 😭😭)
I wish I had this height lol
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64837
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 7:35 am

When will they learn?

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103544
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:02 am

Dylan's autopsy has his height down at 74 1/2 inches. By my calculation that would have made him 6' 2" and a half. Embellishment? Shrinkage in death? My guess is the former. 6' 4" sounds better than 6' 2", and I don't think he wanted to tote the half inch around every time somebody asked Razz

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:16 am

His boots probably gave him height too.

He appeared taller and broader in his junior year too. See RNN video and his drivers liscense photo

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:18 am

He’s 6 foot 3 and 180 on his DL

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:27 am

Is it just me or looks wise were the jocks really not that attractive?

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96674
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:41 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Meat heads are never attractive

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:51 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Meat heads are never attractive

So true!

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51842
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:56 am

In the videos, I didn’t think Eric looked short. When he was walking next to Mike V, they looked about the same height.
5-8, 5-9 seems like an acceptable male height to me. As long as guys are taller than most girls, then they should consider themselves okay.

But Eric Felt short and had issues. In his Eric’s AOL survey he said his dream car is a Hummer. Now that is a typical short guy thing. I’ve known several short guys who buy the biggest vehicle they can to make up for their short man syndrome. The bulking up is another thing they do.

Editing to add that those jocks in the pictures are not attractive.

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 11:24 am

LadyStardust wrote:
In the videos, I didn’t think Eric looked short. When he was walking next to Mike V, they looked about the same height.
5-8, 5-9 seems like an acceptable male height to me. As long as guys are taller than most girls, then they should consider themselves okay.

But Eric Felt short and had issues. In his Eric’s AOL survey he said his dream car is a Hummer. Now that is a typical short guy thing. I’ve known several short guys who buy the biggest vehicle they can to make up for their short man syndrome. The bulking up is another thing they do.

I am not so sure it was Eric's height that bothered him. Sure he was shorter than most of his friends but he was just so skinny. He looked like he had 0 muscle tone at all and I don't think he liked that. So added to his height, he was just so bony. I don't think he thought girls were attracted to such a dweeby look

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 11:24 am

And it didnt help that he would tuck his shirt into his shorts. Accentuating his tiny frame

LadyStardust

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51842
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 11:28 am

Lizpuff wrote:
LadyStardust wrote:

I am not so sure it was Eric's height that bothered him.  Sure he was shorter than most of his friends but he was just so skinny.  He looked like he had 0 muscle tone at all and I don't think he liked that.  So added to his height, he was just so bony.  I don't think he thought girls were attracted to such a dweeby look

YES!!! Why didn't he try lifting weights?! It would help his confidence, and maybe make the jocks think twice before giving him a hard time. Surely, if he ever thought seriously about the marines, he would know that he would have to build some muscle for that.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 11:35 am

Didn’t know Eric write that it wasn’t his height he didn’t like, but his weight?

Neither of the boys dressed in a way to accentuate their best qualities but they were 16... they didn’t care, I’m sure their parents fussed over it though.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124574
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 12:20 pm

It does not matter how tall or short you are to be a bully LOL
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71694
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Poor Eric. Imagine being short and scrawny and seeing all these statusmaxxed, bullymaxxed jocks ruling the roost with their Stacy girlfriends.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 12:24 pm

They both had seemingly more popular brothers (not sure about Byron at Columbine or why he just went senior year) but Kevin was popular yet Dylan had resentment while Eric adored Kevin.

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Why didn't he ask Kevin for help If they're that close?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
Why didn't he ask Kevin for help  If they're that close?

What would Kevin have helped with? I have never read an interview from the position of Kevin. Maybe he didn't care if his brother was an outcast? If Eric never told his family he was picked on maybe they never knew

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Also remember Eric freshman year was pretty different than senior year Eric. After Kevin graduated he went off to college.

Kevin presumably wasn’t at school when Eric stared changing. When Kevin was a senior his little brother had a huge group of friends, played soccer, was preppy and went to football games.

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103544
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

If Eric was annoyed or down about how thin he was, he had a point. He wasn't an ugly kid by any stretch of the imagination so that can't have been an issue in finding a date but he really was painfully thin and in a school focused on jocks, that can be a big thing.
Most of the girls he seemed to like only wanted a guy with status, in other words one of the meatheads. Eric was never going to be one of them. He might have been able to bulk up a little bit if he had started lifting weights, but I strongly suspect it would have backfired on him and made him look comical, instead of more intimidating. Wiry, rather than truly muscular.
There is, of course, nothing wrong with being thin or fat or somewhere in between, but in high school... you better be perfect or you're nobody.

Contribution Points : 103272
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 12:47 am

Dylan was very rarely bullied, and most bullies definitely care about height. They mess with kids smaller than them. Rocky was 6', which is a respectable height for a male. Eric was 5'8. 5'8 is not tall. 5'8 is fairly short for a male. Dylan was 6'2.5, but round him up to 6'3. He was still pretty tall. Zack doesn't look that tall. I believe he's in the video with Dylan where his trench coat (duster) was "dusted off" by one of the Columbine students. Zack was wearing the white hat. He looked in the 5' range. Nate was around 6'2.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 2:20 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:
Why didn't he ask Kevin for help  If they're that close?

What would Kevin have helped with?  I have never read an interview from the position of Kevin.  Maybe he didn't care if his brother was an outcast?  If Eric never told his family he was picked on maybe they never knew

I dinstinctly recall reading somewhere that Kevin was beside himself with grief for not being there for his younger brother. Supposedly he told someone that, if he had been there, Eric would have not have gone NBK.

Contribution Points : 76936
Forum Reputation : 275

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 4:57 am

Short guys with muscles? I thought of Glenn Danzig, but there's a famous video of him bullying another guy only to get knocked out in one punch!!

Rocky became an MMA fighter...no joke about how huge he was.

Midwestern high schools usually are sports factories. Columbine was a good school academically though too, why Larkin even said people moved to Jeffco just to send their kids to Columbine
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 5:27 am

Quote :
Rocky became an MMA fighter...no joke about how huge he was

No ... the joke was about how much he sucked at it.

PostSubject: oh   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 6:14 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

I found a video once that was purportedly him fighting but I don't really think it was him. I posted it here and got no response.

So what does he do now, shovel dirt around or something?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

I found a video once that was purportedly him fighting but I don't really think it was him.  I posted it here and got no response.  

He never attended college. (He had a scholarship to the University of Wyoming, but it was rescinded after his arrest for the apartment break-in.) After high school, he started working for his father's construction company, Concrete Management. If I am not mistaken, his younger brother Dusty attended UW on an athletic scholarship, graduated, and then went to work for his father.

(How one "manages" concrete, I do not know. If it's anything like managing an office, I suppose you yell at it until it agrees to work unpaid overtime. "You'd better not crumble, you worthless piece of rock, or I'll sic HR on your ass!")

Evidently, Concrete Management was very successful for a long time. Rocky Sr. bought both of his sons some pretty expensive cars. Someone who went to Columbine in the late '90s told me that Rocky used to boast that his father had enough money to buy CHS if he wanted. (Keep in mind that Rocky transferred to Columbine only after he had been kicked out of expensive private schools.)

The company experienced serious financial difficulties during the Great Recession. Not sure if it's still around.

At one time, pictures of the former Hoffschneider house (or Haus, given that Hoffschneider is a German name and that Rocky expressed anti-Semitic sentiments) were available online. It gave off that cheery McMansion vibe. The framed jerseys on the wall were a nice tribute to the family's relentless jockishness.

Someone who shall remain nameless annotated a few of these pictures and posted them on the board. Here, have a look:

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71189
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Where’s dudes neck
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71189
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Redacted

Last edited by Smiggles94 on Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:
Where’s dudes neck

Necks are overrated. (Take it from someone who once had a truly epic double chin, and who still has a respectable one.)

Recently I watched this YouTube video about the state-champion 1999 Columbine football team:

...and noted that a few of the commenters were taking note that one of the football players had kind of a weird neck. (I won't post his name, but I will tell you that it has an extra letter.)

Keep in mind that, in this day and age, mocking someone's physical appearance in an Internet comment can be construed as cyber-bullying. Meathead jocks have feelings, too, you know.

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 12:33 am

True enough that Dylan and some of his friends were exceptionally tall. I don’t think bullying is limited to height. Jocks (despite sometimes being shorter) tend to be more outspoken and aggressive. I’m sure it was a fight to be the alpha male amongst the jocks.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103272
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 1:07 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
True enough that Dylan and some of his friends were exceptionally tall. I don’t think bullying is limited to height. Jocks (despite sometimes being shorter) tend to be more outspoken and aggressive. I’m sure it was a fight to be the alpha male amongst the jocks.
More bullies pick on guys smaller than them, not taller. Dylan was barely bullied, and it's why Eric got messed with the most out of the two.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 7:47 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

I found a video once that was purportedly him fighting but I don't really think it was him.  I posted it here and got no response.  

He never attended college. (He had a scholarship to the University of Wyoming, but it was rescinded after his arrest for the apartment break-in.) After high school, he started working for his father's construction company, Concrete Management. If I am not mistaken, his younger brother Dusty attended UW on an athletic scholarship, graduated, and then went to work for his father.

(How one "manages" concrete, I do not know. If it's anything like managing an office, I suppose you yell at it until it agrees to work unpaid overtime. "You'd better not crumble, you worthless piece of rock, or I'll sic HR on your ass!")

Evidently, Concrete Management was very successful for a long time. Rocky Sr. bought both of his sons some pretty expensive cars. Someone who went to Columbine in the late '90s told me that Rocky used to boast that his father had enough money to buy CHS if he wanted. (Keep in mind that Rocky transferred to Columbine only after he had been kicked out of expensive private schools.)

The company experienced serious financial difficulties during the Great Recession. Not sure if it's still around.

At one time, pictures of the former Hoffschneider house (or Haus, given that Hoffschneider is a German name and that Rocky expressed anti-Semitic sentiments) were available online. It gave off that cheery McMansion vibe. The framed jerseys on the wall were a nice tribute to the family's relentless jockishness.

Someone who shall remain nameless annotated a few of these pictures and posted them on the board. Here, have a look:

I did see the Rocky house pics...uh, rich. The yearbook picture of him looks like Biff Tannen, but more 90s. Indeed, that's what reading about Rocky makes me think of.

Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 2:55 am

Ugh I can't stand bragy ass ppl like rocky 🙄🙄
Like get over it
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

I did see the Rocky house pics...uh, rich.  The yearbook picture of him looks like Biff Tannen, but more 90s.  Indeed, that's what reading about Rocky makes me think of.  

There are a number of meathead-jock looks. Both Biff and Rocky have the asshole look:

Biff Tannen:

Rocky Hoffschneider:

It's not hard to understand why some of the other jocks would see Rocky as their leader. There's an intensity behind his expression. You can sense the urge to dominate, to control, to bend others to his will. Weak folks might interpret that quality as strength.

Rocky is a lucky kid. He has "rich" parents, athletic talent, and social status. But he doesn't look very happy. (The smirk is confident, but there's something about the eyes.) Despite his privileged upbringing, he seems to have a chip on his shoulder about something. (Teeny-tiny pee-pee, maybe?)

Compare Biff and Rocky to Richie Incognito, the notorious bully from the Miami Dolphins:

Richie is a textbook example of "big dumb mean jock." Everything about him screams, "My core competency is bashing the shit out of other people on the football field. I have no other redeeming characteristics."

Now compare all three of these jocks to Rob Gronkowski. The Gronk is a meathead jock and a party animal who can get away with anything, but he's too busy chasing cheerleader p***y to care about shoving other people around.

The Gronk in high school:

The Gronk in college:

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 5:42 pm

And there is even such a thing as a wholesome-jock look. There are tons of high-status athletes who get good grades and stay out of trouble. (Eric's older brother Kevin fit into this category.)

Everyone loves to hate on Tom Brady, but when he was in high school, he was about as goody-goody as they come:

There's a certain self-consciousness, a certain shyness, a certain vulnerability, that shines through in that photograph. He's a leader, but he doesn't have that air of cocky arrogance and/or casual cruelness about him.

Even the "good jocks" are somewhat resented by some kids at the bottom of the hierarchy, because they enjoy all the benefits of being athletic, socially-prominent, and good-looking. They may or may not be hard-partying p***yhounds, but they usually do pretty well with the ladies. But they're generally well-liked by most people.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 6:32 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

I did see the Rocky house pics...uh, rich.  The yearbook picture of him looks like Biff Tannen, but more 90s.  Indeed, that's what reading about Rocky makes me think of.  

There are a number of meathead-jock looks. Both Biff and Rocky have the asshole look:

Biff Tannen:

Rocky Hoffschneider:

It's not hard to understand why some of the other jocks would see Rocky as their leader. There's an intensity behind his expression. You can sense the urge to dominate, to control, to bend others to his will. Weak folks might interpret that quality as strength.

Rocky is a lucky kid. He has "rich" parents, athletic talent, and social status. But he doesn't look very happy. (The smirk is confident, but there's something about the eyes.) Despite his privileged upbringing, he seems to have a chip on his shoulder about something. (Teeny-tiny pee-pee, maybe?)

Compare Biff and Rocky to Richie Incognito, the notorious bully from the Miami Dolphins:

Richie is a textbook example of "big dumb mean jock." Everything about him screams, "My core competency is bashing the shit out of other people on the football field. I have no other redeeming characteristics."

Now compare all three of these jocks to Rob Gronkowski. The Gronk is a meathead jock and a party animal who can get away with anything, but he's too busy chasing cheerleader p***y to care about shoving other people around.

The Gronk in high school:

The Gronk in college:

I can agree

BDE is also a thing. As I recall there are men who will compensate for lack of something with being a lot more ostentatious

I don’t think I could talk about BDE too much being a female.

PostSubject: Re: The jocks at Columbine were pretty short   The jocks at Columbine were pretty short Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The jocks at Columbine were pretty short
Page 1 of 1