Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
a broken human
Banned

Contribution Points : 50782
Forum Reputation : 106

Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?   Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 7:13 pm

After reading an article, I remembered something.

After the New Zealand massacre, one of my teachers was talking about shooters.

She said something along the lines of "People who commit these acts have usually have a bad upbringing and they are loners in school with no friends and they carry this anger with them into adulthood".

Does anyone else disagree with this? They aren't all the same.

I swear everytime there is a massacre there is guaranteed to be dozens of news articles labelling them as "depressed loners".
Back to top Go down
LadyStardust

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51892
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?   Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Well, sometimes stereotypes exist for a reason. You don’t often hear about the prom queen or the most popular guy on school doing a mass shooting. The bad upbringing part I take issue with because not all mass murderers have a bad childhood in regards to family life. Eric and Dylan has nice families. However, family annihilators seem to come from different walks of life, often having been successful and then losing it, promoting the crime. Although that is a different type of crime altogether.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?   Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 8:59 pm

That is why I think it's a complicated issue, figuring out why people commit the shootings, what can be done about it?

There are rumors that Byron's drug problem was worse than people say it was. There are rumors that Sue was a bad mom and narcissistic. We don't know what went on behind closed doors but there is something about Sue that reminds me of my own mom and growing up in the 80's and 90's like Dylan did (I am the same age) and Sue seems to have the same mentality as most parents at that time. The majority of us turned out okay Smile

I think we have to separate school shootings and mass shootings too.

How can we compare Andrew Golden to Stephen Paddock?

Banned

Contribution Points : 50782
Forum Reputation : 106

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?   Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
That is why I think it's a complicated issue, figuring out why people commit the shootings, what can be done about it?

There are rumors that Byron's drug problem was worse than people say it was. There are rumors that Sue was a bad mom and narcissistic. We don't know what went on behind closed doors but there is something about Sue that reminds me of my own mom and growing up in the 80's and 90's like Dylan did (I am the same age) and Sue seems to have the same mentality as most parents at that time. The majority of us turned out okay Smile

I think we have to separate school shootings and mass shootings too.

How can we compare Andrew Golden to Stephen Paddock?

I guess all we can do is speculate because each shooter is different, and we can't guarantee our opinions are neccessarily accurate.
Back to top Go down
Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Contribution Points : 53789
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?   Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 5:31 am

The most abnormal school shooter case I've heard about was the Jaylen Fryberg case. This was a kid who was super popular and homecoming king (also he wasn't white!) It's also weird because unlike most other school shooters he didn't parade around the school attacking people randomly, he only intended to shoot the people he was sitting at lunch with (he was mad at his ex or something and that was the motive).

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?   Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone get annoyed about how shooters are labelled?
Page 1 of 1