Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66719
Forum Reputation : 248

Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Empty
PostSubject: Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach   Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 5:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Virginia Beach police say they believe there’s only one shooter, and that person has been taken into custody. They say multiple people have been injured. There’s no word on the extent of the victims’ injuries at this time.

Nearby Sentara Princess Anne Hospital has been placed on lockdown in the meantime. Police are asking the public to avoid the area. Stay with WAVY for updates.

The latest as of 4:42 P.M. — City Manager Dave Hansen confirmed there is an active shooter situation at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center. He says the suspect hasn’t been apprehended, and he’s seen people coming out of the city’s public utilities department in need of medical treatment.

As WAVY’s Tamara Scott was reporting live, an injured person was being carried in the back of a car surrounding by police, heading toward an ambulance. Moments later, two other victims were being carried in the back of a pickup truck.

Authorities are responding to a possible active shooter situation at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center on Friday afternoon.

Tonya Pierce with Virginia Beach police says there’s is an active scene at building 2 at the center off of Nimmo Parkway.

An employee who works in the building told WAVY’s Tamara Scott that he and several other people were able to safely leave the building after reports of an active shooter. He says he found a woman inside a stairwell covered in blood.

Multiple police units have responded. The center is next to both the Virginia Police Department headquarters and the Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office, as well as several other government buildings.

There no other details at the moment, but WAVY’s Tamara Scott is at the scene. Stay with WAVY.com for updates on this breaking news."

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach   Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 6:51 pm

12 were killed in the shooting, including the suspect, who was killed after getting into a shootout with the police.

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach   Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:20 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:
12 were killed in the shooting, including the suspect, who was killed after getting into a shootout with the police.

I had just read that the suspect was apprehended, but hadn't heard about any other deaths. Jeez, that's awful.

Why attack a municipal building I wonder? Disgruntled worker?
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach   Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:28 pm

hvernon wrote:

I had just read that the suspect was apprehended, but hadn't heard about any other deaths. Jeez, that's awful.

Most likely. I read somewhere that the suspect was fired from the building.

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach   Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:58 pm

hvernon wrote:

Most likely. I read somewhere that the suspect was fired from the building.

Hm, interesting. My local news article has been pretty sparse on information, but that's where I first saw the report for the shooting. I need to read some more articles to see if I can find out any more.

It's awful to say but I am glad only 11 people died. It could have been much worse. Though I feel terrible for those 11 people and the families.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach   Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Active shooter reported at Virginia Beach
Page 1 of 1