Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Columbine happened today?

Go down 
+5
Screamingophelia
VoDKaComeHere
QuestionMark
lol
dereknocturnal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dereknocturnal

Contribution Points : 49869
Forum Reputation : 268

If Columbine happened today? Empty
PostSubject: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:14 pm

With the new police protocols rushing the buildings and engaging active shooters. How long would Columbine last in 2019? Where and When would Eric and Dylan face police? How many victims? Would the library portion of the massacre even happen?
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 2:23 am

Probably would've been similar to Virginia Tech. Just remember Cho barricaded the doors before he went on his killing spree. Those two would've done the same exact thing. Adam Lanza did it too if I recall.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 2:35 am

lol wrote:
Probably would've been similar to Virginia Tech. Just remember Cho barricaded the doors before he went on his killing spree. Those two would've done the same exact thing. Adam Lanza did it too if I recall.

Adam did no such thing during his rampage. The killings at Sandy Hook lasted only five minutes.

Also, Eric and Dylan would've probably done a lot of the same things they did in the real massacre, considering the entire plan was centered around the bombs. People tend to lose focus of that an awful lot. Whether or not the police would grow a pair or not, IDK. At Santa Fe the police rushed into the building despite (possibly having known?) the fact that (defective) bombs were on campus, so it's possible.

VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60390
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 7:18 am

It’s already happened several times in the modern-day era. It happened back in October in Russia, that was the closest we have to a “second columbine” almost every detail was copied. Stoneman Douglas was a high school shooting, Santa Fe was a high school shooting. So actually we’ve had many “columbines” and many shootings fat worse then columbine.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193482
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 8:31 am

The thing is that without Columbine would we have some of the shooting la we have had?

Certainly we’d have the Basement Tapes.

Would Eric and Dylan be the same people if they grew up during this time?

Dylan might have gotten his brain health needs met...

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 9:21 am

I think the shooting wouldn't have lasted that long and there would have been less fatalities, the cops would have been prepared and know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Prince_Bren

Prince_Bren

Contribution Points : 29427
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 am

Well here is the thing. Without Columbine, the protections put in place because of it wouldn't exist.
My guess is it would be as bad, if not worse. Because they wouldn't have metal detectors, they would still have the shitty police protocols, but they'd have nastier weapons, and better technology. Columbine set off a chain reaction in a good way for school safety, so without the first domino (columbine) the rest of the dominos would never have fallen into place.

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 75219

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 10:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The thing is that without Columbine would we have some of the shooting la we have had?

Certainly we’d have the Basement Tapes.

Would Eric and Dylan be the same people if they grew up during this time?

Dylan might have gotten his brain health needs met...

People like Eric and Dylan can still exist of course in this day and age.

Though what video hosting place would even have the basement tape type material? Not even liveleak would let you have it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 pm

I would assume they could upload it to YouTube that day, you can schedule videos in advance.

I do know kids like Eric and Dylan exist today, I don't believe I said they didn't?

Contribution Points : 75219

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 1:50 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I would assume they could upload it to YouTube that day, you can schedule videos in advance.

I do know kids like Eric and Dylan exist today, I don't believe I said they didn't?

yeah but youtube would delete that stuff quickly in current year 2021.

I guess I was responding to other people when I said kids like Eric and Dylan could still be around today.

Screamingophelia likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42674
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Today? It would've been forgotten in a couple of weeks. It's just not important anymore.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 pm

True myhsame, maybe they would have to do what Cho did and email news stations?

Contribution Points : 32091

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 3:09 pm

By the time YouTube would have deleted the videos, copies of them would have already been made.

I doubt that any news station would air "manifestos" or such of shooters anymore.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened today?   If Columbine happened today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Columbine happened today?
Page 1 of 1