Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?

Go down 
+13
dyonqqr
Randy
perfection
Primate Murder
Futility
Carnifex879
Spanky
KMFDM
MysterionSZAF
Russianman
true_crime
QuestionMark
sympathyforEandD
17 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71744
Forum Reputation : 486

Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Empty
PostSubject: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 am

Just wondering if Cruz successfully blending in with fleeing students is unprecedented or not.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 11:39 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
Just wondering if Cruz successfully blending in with fleeing students is unprecedented or not.

No. Tim Kretschemer successfully evaded police after shooting up Winnenden high school, attempting to steal a car at a car dealership before getting corned and killing himself.

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71744
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 1:01 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sympathyforEandD wrote:

No. Tim Kretschemer successfully evaded police after shooting up Winnenden high school, attempting to steal a car at a car dealership before getting corned and killing himself.

Right on. Hadn't heard of Kretschemer. That's an interesting shooting.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 59099
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Marshall County High School Shooting: Gabe Parker stopped shooting, threw down his weapon, and joined classmates in the weight room, hoping to blend in and escape. A student recognized him as the shooter, who alerted a teacher who then called the police.

Westside Middle School Shooting: Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden stockpiled Johnson’s mother’s van in hopes of escaping. They were apprehended while getting to the vehicle.

Smiggles94 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Tj Lane
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 12:44 am

true_crime wrote:
Marshall County High School Shooting: Gabe Parker stopped shooting, threw down his weapon, and joined classmates in the weight room, hoping to blend in and escape. A student recognized him as the shooter, who alerted a teacher who then called the police.

Something just occurred to me: Cruz's cell phone search history revealed that he actually had looked up this particular shooting. I think it might be possible he was doing some imitating.

Ligeya likes this post

Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 12:55 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

Something just occurred to me: Cruz's cell phone search history revealed that he actually had looked up this particular shooting. I think it might be possible he was doing some imitating.

Perhaps it was because of how close in time the Marshall County High School shooting was to Cruz’s rampage? Douglas Stoneman happened on February of last year, whereas Marshall County High School occurred on January 23. Perhaps it was the last shooting before Cruz’s.

Russianman

Contribution Points : 53471
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 7:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] agreed with this theory.
Back to top Go down
MysterionSZAF

Contribution Points : 46134
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Isn't Luke Woodham the classical example of this kinda of behavior?
Oh, and Wayne Lo.
Also, not exactly school -shooters-, but Felix Ngumbao and Davis Opiyo both did escape their initial site of amok.
In an even more obscure example we have Robério Souza de Oliveira.
Bai Ningyang and Walter Seifert also did the same thing, although they weren't pupils at the respective schools that they targeted.
Wu Huanming, if i'm not mistaking, decided to an hero off-site too.
Yan Yanming was arrested in the day following his rampage, as he als so attempted to off himself in a place other than the one he trashed at his massacre.
I could be wrong, but, IIRC, Zheng Minsheng did the same.
One L. Goh surrendered to authorities at a random supermarket, about five miles away from the scene of the shooting.
Edward Allaway also attempted to escape (despite he being an staff, not a student).
Ove Andersson is another good example.
Nathaniel Brazill just didn't manage to fit the -mass- shooter archetype, but he also qualifies.

The are inumerable cases of this tatic being employed in school shootings. Isn't all that interesting, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 49268
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 4:18 pm

A 14-year-old boy who shot and killed two of his classmates at a school in Finland in 1989 escaped from the crime scene.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari
Back to top Go down
Spanky

Spanky

Contribution Points : 41744
Forum Reputation : 60

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 9:19 pm

And I thought the police response to the Christchurch massacre was bad, how does a guy literally just walk up to a school, shoot 34 people, and then just walk out, and not be captured for an entire hour.

It is surreal, and what makes it more surreal is Cruz is not a criminal mastermind, to say the least, the fact that he was able to shoot 34 people and then just walk to McDonalds is the weirdest thing ever. Also, it really does show how unaffected he was from doing this, definitely wasn't crying when he escaped, only cried when he had to face the music of his actions.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68797
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 5:00 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
true_crime wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're right. I believe he even left a YouTube comment behind on a video of the shooting saying "Man, I could do so much better" but I'm not sure if that was the one.

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 11:45 pm

N/A

Last edited by Burn on Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 1:07 am

Spanky wrote:
And I thought the police response to the Christchurch massacre was bad, how does a guy literally just walk up to a school, shoot 34 people, and then just walk out, and not be captured for an entire hour.

Could be worse. Could be a mass shooting that starts at a military base and continues across an entire city, lasting over seventeen hours and featuring the shooter posting live updates to his Facebook page and even sharing memes in-between killing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 5:36 pm

On May 27th, 2019, a 14-year-old student with the initials M.A.C., entered the Patagonia College, located in Puerto Montt, Los Lagos region, Chile, wearing a military jacket and a mask from the Netflix hit show ''Money Heist'', and shot and wounded a fellow classmate with a .22 caliber revolver before fleeing the scene and being arrested.
Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 38737
Forum Reputation : 105

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 am

Tim Kretschmer fled the scene After the shooting at Albertville-School. He forced a Man to drove him away. Luckily,the man was able to get out of the car and saved his life(probably the lives of others too cause he managed to keep the shooter away from killing more while they drove arround,he tried to calm him down.) Besides him all the others who where mentioned in this Thread before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 pm

On July 4th, 2013, 19-year-old Alexandre Esteves dos Santos opened fire at the Efigênia de Jesus Werneck State School with a .38 caliber revolver, injuring two people before heading home, where he would be arrested and confess to the crime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 pm

On February 2nd, 1960, 44-year-old Leonard Redden shot and killed two teachers at William Reed Elementary School before fleeing into a forest, where he killed himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Brenda Spencer went back to her home across the street after attacking Cleveland Elementary and was reached by a reporter over the phone.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64633
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 1:05 am

badjunk wrote:
Brenda Spencer went back to her home across the street after attacking Cleveland Elementary and was reached by a reporter over the phone.

Bruh she shot up the school by sniping from her house.

QuestionMark, Carnifex879, Employer_Square and Kaynhyde like this post

Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 12:26 am

I also forgot the Nashville Waffle House shooting. Semi-nude Travis Reinking opened fire, killing four innocent customers, then ran into the forest beside the restaurant. Police captured and arrested him after a 38 hour manhunt.

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 8:29 am

QuestionMark wrote:
sympathyforEandD wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kretschemer confront someone over their car and travel a short distance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 10:46 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
perfection

Contribution Points : 40424
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 8:12 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:

Abdulkadir Masharipov wasn't arrested until 16 days after the Reina nightclub attack.

Last edited by perfection on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Randy

Contribution Points : 34815
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Wow   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 pm

What sad stories of murder and death can you talk about here.
Whose blood is that on the wall.

Look deep inside.

This is not productive.
This is pitiful.

Employer_Square dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 am

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 6:09 pm

Dylann roof managed to escape and he was wanted internationally and arrested near the home of his sister's fiancé.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 6:12 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 6:18 pm

9mmtomyhead wrote:
margaflor wrote:
Dylann roof managed to escape and he was wanted internationally and arrested near the home of his sister's fiancé.

Dylann Roof isn't a school shooter.

Oh,  I've already been wrong 2 times with that,I usually forget when it say only school shooters. thanks for correcting me!  I am sorry
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68797
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Chad Escobedo, a school shooter who injured 10 students but didn’t kill any, managed to blend in with students and take the bus back home to school. He confessed to his mom and stepdad that he did the shooting.

dyonqqr

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 40759
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 7:52 am

Laurie Dann escaped from the elementary school, broke into a nearby house, and shot herself.
Anthony "T.J." Solomon fled from the scene of the crime for several minutes before being caught after contemplating suicide.

I'm sorry this isn't quite what you asked, but there's actually a small number of mass killers who got away with it and now live as free men.
Andrew Golden (since killed in a car crash) and Mitchell Johnson not only initially escaped from the scene of the crime, they were only held in prison until they turned 21 (in 2005 and 2007 respectively.)
Anthony "T.J." Solomon was released from jail in 2016.
Jon Romano (2004 Columbia High School shooting) was freed in December 2020.
Brenda Spencer has a parole hearing coming up in September. No doubt she'll fail it, but we might get some more information.
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Robert L. Butler, Jr. escaped the school before committing suicide.

Not school shooters, but:
Éric Borel killed his family, left the house, and committed a mass shooting the next day.
Theodor Matvievsky escaped on a motor boat but either drowned or froze to death. His body was found around a week later.
Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 31276
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Mohammad Ahman al-Nazari opened fire at the Tala'i private school where his children attended on march 30th 1997 where he believed one of his daughters had been molested by an administrator. After opening fire in the school and killing the principal as well as cafeteria worker he left the school and went to the nearby Musa Bin Nusayr school where he continued shooting before being detained by police and executed by firing squad a week later.

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 8:54 pm

The perpetrator of the 1891 Newburgh school shooting, a 70 year old man, ran back to his house after firing at the school. He was arrested shortly thereafter.
Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 34680
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 11:52 am

Not a school shooting,but the perpetrators of the San Bernardino Shooting fled the scene in there car before being chased and shot to death by police.
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 7:26 pm

The following school shooters / attackers successfully fled the scene, if only for a short time:
Bai Ningyang (2006 Shiguan kindergarten attack, 12 killed, 5 wounded)
Wu Huanming (2010 Shengshui Temple Kindergarten stabbing, 9 killed, 11 wounded)
Tsui Yin (1962 Li Shing Junior High School shooting, 7 dead, 3 wounded)
Unnamed man (1977 El Socorro public school attack, 5 killed)
56-year-old individual (2014 Guangxi attack, 4 killed, knifeman is "wanted")
Ove Conry Andersson (1961 Kungälv school shooting, 1 dead, 6 wounded)
Lei Mingyue (2016 Hanzhong / Beiguan Primary School axe attack, 9 wounded)
18 year old student (1994 Soweto shooting, 7 wounded)
Jitrada Tantiwanichayasuk (2005 Saint Joseph Convent School stabbing, 4 wounded)
Philippe (2008 Olivier de Serres Middle School stabbing, 4 wounded, included knifeman)
Dimitris Patmanidis (2009 OAED Vocational College shooting, 3 wounded)
Unnamed man (2013 Lone Star College–North Harris shooting, 3 wounded, one of which was the gunman)
These are organized from most to least deadly and my sources are here, here, and here.

The following involved only one or two casualties:
Leonard O. Redden (1960 William Reed Elementary School shooting, 2 killed)
George W. Longfelt (1864 Pyfer's School House shooting, 1 killed)
Eric Sharp (1902 Frontenac School shooting, 1 killed)
John Daniel Christian (1978 Murchison Junior High School shooting, 1 killed)
17 year old student (2008 T.R. Leger School stabbing, 1 killed)
17 year old student and 19 year old cousin (2009 Amakholwa High School stabbing, 1 killed)
Tanja Otto (2009 Albert Einstein gymnasium attack, 1 wounded)
14-year-old male student (2013 Wilson Southern Middle School stabbing, 1 wounded)
Tennyson Beard (1961 Morey Junior High School shooting, 1 killed, 1 wounded)
Unnamed 16 year old (2008 Cabaret shooting, 1 killed)
Telvin Gray (2010 Livingston High School shooting, 1 killed)
Keith Elliott (2010 Woodrow Wilson High School attack, no injuries)
Michael Phelps (2011 Martinsville West Middle School shooting, 1 wounded)
Unidentified 37 year old male (2012 Volksschule Wagram shooting, 1 killed (suicide?), 1 wounded)
Unknown (2013 Agape Christian Academy shooting, 2 wounded)
Unknown tenth grader (2013 Kgothalang Secondary School stabbing, 1 killed)
15-year-old student (2014 Ashdod stabing, 1 wounded)
17-year-old unnamed male (2017 King City High School, 1 wounded, arrested 5 months later)
Mario S. (2018 Federal School Center shooting, 1 wounded)
Unknown (1858 Baltimore shooting, 1 killed)
Andreas S. (1999 Meißen stabbing, 1 killed (I think he escaped, but don't quote me on it))
25-year-old man (2010 Jongingaba Junior-Secondary School shooting, 1 killed, 1 wounded)
Unnamed individual (2014 University of Southern California shooting, 1 wounded)

Arano likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61464

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 10:14 am

Not school shooters but:
Anis Amri (Berlin Truck Attack, 12 killed, 49 wounded)
Christopher Dorner (2013 LAPD Shootings, 5 killed, 6 injured)
Alek Minassian (Toronto Van Attack, 10 killed, 16 injured)

Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 105137
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Mohammed Merah (Toulouse and Montauban shootings 8 dead (including him) 5 wounded)
Escaped shootings but returned to his apartment later had a stand off with police ended up getting shot and killed by police.

And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?   Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Cruz the only school shooter to escape from the crime scene?
Page 1 of 1