Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obscure shootings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am

I've got a fairly detailed spreadsheet, and it has most mass shootings listed on it, but i'm wondering if anyone here knows of any particularly obscure mass shootings that i may have missed or overlooked.

I am specifically referring to mass shootings, not mass killings in general.
Back to top Go down

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 12:20 pm

1938 Turkey shooting - a man shot and killed 26 people and wounded an unspecified numbers of others before being shot.
Back to top Go down
Yaughst

Contribution Points : 23129
Forum Reputation : 0

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 4:25 pm

Verlin Spencer. He was a principal who shot up the school he worked at Steinhäuser-style, killing five other members of its faculty, before botching his own suicide and spending three decades in prison. He was later found to have been on so much bromide that he could have been declared legally insane, but he never got a retrial.

The reason he's so obscure is because his case is so old. It happened in 1940, nearly a decade before even Unruh.

He also got parole (hence 'only' three decades in prison) under the condition that he leave the state of California, where the shooting happened, and moved to Hawaii. Can't see that happening to a school shooter with 5 kills nowadays.

ANOMIC likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61164
Forum Reputation : 175

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 6:43 pm

Olean High School Shooting - Anthony Barbaro killed three and injured eleven before being arrested and committing suicide in jail
Brampton Centennial Secondary School Shooting - Michael Slobodian killed two and injured thirteen before committing suicide
St. Pius X High School Shooting - Robert Poulin killed two and injured another five before committing suicide
All of this shootings happened in the mid-70s and very little information is available on them due to them being nearly 50 years old.

daniellesmug likes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29803
Forum Reputation : 104

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 5:27 pm

Monkseaton in 1989. The perpertrator was mentally ill civil servant Robert Sartin.
Back to top Go down
ZELLAweistDAY3

ZELLAweistDAY3

Contribution Points : 26088
Forum Reputation : 25

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 2:11 am

El Cabanyal Shooting: In february 7, 2000, Ramon Tatay Zanon killed 4 in Valencia Spain, caused a gas explosion in his house, then waited for the Police and the Firemen and killed 3 officers, 1 fireman and a Neighbor with a shotgun in his terrace, finally he was killed by the police
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obscure shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure shootings   Obscure shootings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obscure shootings
Page 1 of 1