Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twenty-one years of Columbine

Go down 
+10
true_crime
arnounymus
bradt93
Screamingophelia
Sabratha
EBE111715
spishakwax
andthentherewas1
Onyx
LPorter101
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I imagine  the class of 1999 has to feel a  bit of a kinship with the class of 2020. The class of 2020 doesn’t get to have their prime or graduation etc. they can’t be around her friends.

Yea its kinda rough for us right now. Graduation got set back to June 27th, prom June 13th
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152552
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:43 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
Damn, I just realized they committed suicide over 20 minutes ago. RIP  

Not yet.

Right now, it's 11:43 a.m. Mountain time. Eric and Dylan died around 12:08.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193821
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:45 pm

I thought for many years that they were in the library for about a half hour, but I think it was about 7 minutes....

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I thought for many years that they were in the library for about a half hour, but I think it was about 7 minutes....

It's crazy how fast it all happened...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:49 pm

hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It really is. It must have felt like forever. Sad

I hope [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] checks in at some point, I often wonder how she it.

adastra

Contribution Points : 45919
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Yeah, was just working on some things and looked at the clock. In the time it took them to kill and injure people in the library, I wrote three sentences. That really put it in perspective. So much happened in hardly any time at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It really is. It must have felt like forever. Sad

I hope [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] checks in at some point, I often wonder how she it.

I hope she is doing alright today.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49577
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Now we can’t say they were alive 21 years ago anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:16 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:

Not yet.

You know we live in different time zones right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:23 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:

Not yet.

You know we live in different time zones right?

That's not how timezones work.... It's 1:22 for me, but it's 12:22 mountain time. That means Eric and Dylan only died 14 minutes ago. They died at 12:08 mountain time, that would be maybe 1:08, 2:08, 11:08, etc. for you depending on your time zone.
Back to top Go down
andthentherewas1

andthentherewas1

Contribution Points : 55086
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Am I the only one who wonders what the survivors, Eric and Dylan's parents, and everyone like the owner of the the van they broke into and former graduates are doing during the anniversary?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:35 pm

You’re not.

So many people were affected then I’m sure there’s a different emotions going on...

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:36 pm

I always wonder too. I'm sure it is a somber day for them all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Was there any ceremony today at the memorial?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120953
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:43 pm

hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It does jive with what we know about mass shootings though. The average rampage killing last only five minutes.

Considering how long the police loitered outside the school and how long it took for them to complete their suicides, Eric and Dylan could've easily killed two to four times the amount of people they ended up killing. This would've made them the deadliest mass shooters in America for at least 8 years (since Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 in 2007).

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:50 pm

hvernon wrote:
I always wonder too. I'm sure it is a somber day for them all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Was there any ceremony today at the memorial?

No because of all the social distancing. But there was a big one last year that I want to. I went to a church service a couple days before as well. Patrick, Mr.C (Eric’s teacher), Lauren’s mom and Sean Graves spoke.

I went yesterday. And I just followed up with a few of my friends to see how they are today. Coni Sanders posted something really beautiful.

Contribution Points : 45043
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Wait they had a teacher of Eric's at one of those? Never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:53 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It does jive with what we know about mass shootings though. The average rampage killing last only five minutes.

Considering how long the police loitered outside the school and how long it took for them to complete their suicides, Eric and Dylan could've easily killed two to four times the amount of people they ended up killing. This would've made them the deadliest mass shooters in America for at least 8 years (since Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 in 2007).

They had enough time to kill everyone in the library and then some. But there was no way of knowing that if you were in their shoes.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 pm

nopenever wrote:

Well he was a regular teacher who taught everyone...

He just so happened to be the one who graded Eric’s paper about the van break in. He didn’t talk about Eric.

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
nopenever wrote:

He just so happened to be the one who graded Eric’s paper about the van break in. He didn’t talk Anita Eric.

Ah OK.

I remember Brian Rohrbaugh talking shit about some of the teachers at the school for giving good grades to Eric and Dylan's papers though.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 3:07 pm

nopenever wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
nopenever wrote:

He just so happened to be the one who graded Eric’s paper about the van break in. He didn’t talk Anita Eric.

Ah OK.

I remember Brian Rohrbaugh talking shit about some of the teachers at the school for giving good grades to Eric and Dylan's papers though.

If the papers were good, they were going to get good grades... Now the papers may have raised eyebrows, but especially with Eric, except for his suspension, Eric was a pretty good student. Dylan was the one who was falling asleep etc..

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 3:07 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It always amazes me just how quickly mass shootings happen. People always question why no one in the library tried to flee beforehand or during the shooting in library, but it all happened so fast. They probably really didn't even have time to react. Everyone in that library is very lucky that Eric and Dylan decided to leave. I could see the numbers being comparable to that of Cho's had they not left.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120953
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 3:39 pm

nopenever wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

They had enough time to kill everyone in the library and then some. But there was no way of knowing that if you were in their shoes.

Indeed. They were probably expecting police officers and SWAT Teams to charge in any second. This is also the most likely explanation for why they didn't kill more and just decided to dither; they wanted a firefight with cops, not blasting away at sitting ducks (plus regardless of the number of dead I think they wanted the school blown up too, would make for cool pictures in the newspapers like with OKC Bombing). Hell, the last thing they did before killing themselves was shooting at cops.

hvernon wrote:
It always amazes me just how quickly mass shootings happen. People always question why no one in the library tried to flee beforehand or during the shooting in library, but it all happened so fast. They probably really didn't even have time to react. Everyone in that library is very lucky that Eric and Dylan decided to leave. I could see the numbers being comparable to that of Cho's had they not left.

If they had decided to storm the lunchroom instead of taking potshots outside first, their numbers would've also been huge. Shotgun blasts into crowds of people are quite devastating, as (unfortunately) many victims of mass shootings and attacks on unarmed protesters by police/armies/militias can attest to.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 11:35 am

21 years ago today the first of 14 funerals were held... I believe they were held for about 4 or 5 days (Danny and Kelly were at the same time and place) Rachel and Dylan's funerals were 21 years ago today.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-one years of Columbine   Twenty-one years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twenty-one years of Columbine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2