Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan and Religion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan and Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan and Religion    Dylan and Religion  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 11:51 am

I think we all touched on this before but why is Dylan painted as a deeply religious person.

He does touch on it a bit in his writings but it always struck me as someone questioning faith in general... he didn't seem depressed because of God or lack there of. Can we place all the blame on Cullen and his book? What am I missing?

As I was perusing someone mentioned they thought Dylan's beaded necklace had religious etchings on it and that is news to me... I never heard of this, I always thought it was your standard beaded necklace that 90's kids wore!

Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49027
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Religion    Dylan and Religion  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 4:39 pm

This is the first time I've heard anyone associate Dylan with religion, huh. Where does anyone mention him as a very religious person?

Based on his writings, he had his own views regarding the existence of a supernatural being.
Though, If you ask me, he was on a great path of becoming an atheist.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Religion    Dylan and Religion  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I think we all touched on this before but why is Dylan painted as a deeply religious person.

He does touch on it a bit in his writings but it always struck me as someone questioning faith in general... he didn't seem depressed because of God or lack there of.  Can we place all the blame on Cullen and his book? What am I missing?

As I was perusing someone mentioned they thought Dylan's beaded necklace had religious etchings on it and that is news to me...  I never heard of this, I always thought it was your standard beaded necklace that 90's kids wore!

I blame Cullen. He took Dylan's writings about good vs evil, good vs bad and created this profoundly religious persona for Dylan. This is not at all consistent with how he is portrayed by his mother, or anyone who knew him. It's garbage.
And the only thing we know about the necklace is that it was a cloth beaded necklace. The pictures are not clear enough to see if there are any etchings on the beads, let alone ones of a religious nature. It was a very common fashion accessory in the 90's. Unless whoever is making these claims has a source, I don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Religion    Dylan and Religion  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan and Religion
Page 1 of 1