Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.

Go down 
+19
Semperfidelis
Jea
myshame
pacshine
Archvile
Dico
radaddio
Nightshiftstalker
Koltin
Wideawake
em81
JayJay
queenfarooq
JDM87
jettfyre80
tfsa47090
Jenn
Mj2beat
rik75
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:50 pm

rik75 wrote:

[Dylan reaches over and holds onto the BP. Eric holds on too. There is miniature , but quite momentary tussle between Eric and Dylan. Dylan wants to hold it and Eric does not want to let go.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think Dylan's hand looks ghoulish, like the Grim Reaper's.
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101631
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 pm

gustopoet wrote:
I agree. He looked horribly emaciated. His hands are veiny and his fingers long and slender almost like an old man's.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97068
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:21 pm

JDM87 wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
I agree. He looked horribly emaciated. His hands are veiny and his fingers long and slender almost like an old man's.
Looking at Dylan , especially when his whole body can be seen , he look's like a skeleton. His coat literally hangs off of him. Standing at 6ft 2.5" and weighing ( at autopsy ) 143 pounds , he was incredibly underweight.

When i was Dylan's age , standing at 5ft 10" , i weighed 140 pounds , i was really skinny. Dylan was too skinny. 
I think Dylan's BMI was around 17.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:51 pm

(11:25) Mark is going to take a few shots of Eric's SG. Mark ops for a spread legged stance.

He fires two shots in this sequence.

Marks first shot. He handled the recoil quite well.

Mark's second shot , again , he handles Arlene well.

Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 pm

(11:40) Eric asks Mark if he wants some more shells.

(11:41) Eric challenges Mark to shoot with one hand only.
                        Mark appears to have injured his arm from the powerful recoil.

Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:34 am

EH : " Hold it with one arm if you can , get up real....[ I'm not sure what Eric's last word was.]

PD : " Hold on." [ Phil stops filming. He starts filming again and Eric is looking over his left shoulder.

[ Mark also looks in that direction too. I don't know what caught their attention. They may have spotted or heard something , others may have been there target practicing too , maybe.]

[ Eric turns around to face Mark and quickly glimpses at the camera. He is looking pretty damn cold!
Hands tucked deeply into his sleeves.]

Mark holds the SG with one hand and shoots.

Mark's handles the recoil well.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:44 am

He's not cold; he's pissed that another guy is holding and using Arlene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:50 am

[ " Hold it with one arm if you can , get up real....[ I'm not sure what Eric's last word was.]

Eric said: "One arm it if you can. Get a real strong grip..."

If you listen close, the tone of Eric's voice is challenging and derisive, like a jealous boyfriend. Like he's watching someone else dance with his girl: "You have to treat her right, man, she's too much woman for you."

Of course, as you pointed out, the opposite is true. Mark is the "alpha male" here and it makes Eric testy.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Mark has fired Arlene. He takes a step towards Eric.

Eric expected Mark to hand him back Arlene.

Mark decides to reload Arlene..........

.......With one hand.

Clearly , Mark finds it amusing.

PD : " Fucking Linda Hamilton style!"

MM : " That's bad."

Eric looks bemused. 

Mark was Holding on to Arlene , with one hand , he throws his hand to the ground..click, like he is hitting a nail with a hammer. He then throws his hand up in the air..click , like he is raising the hammer.

Mark pretty much slammed Arlene around , to his own amusement and Phil's too.
Strangely , i don't hear Dylan laughing. I guess Dylan could sense Eric's feeling of discomfort.

To me , Eric's SG is a piece of metal , manufactured for the purpose of killing.
Eric , on the other hand , treasured her in many ways , one being because she was manufactured for the purpose of killing.

She gave Eric many things , and one of those things was POWER.
" I don't like you...BANG!!! Your dead.." One tiny pull on the trigger...Goodbye head..goodbye life..its over.

All those feeble rants of Eric's were just words , words on paper , words on screen.
Words don't mean shit and Eric knew that all too well. 

When Eric opens his coat and reveals what's been hidden inside , he ain't that " weird Eric kid ," anymore.
He's Rebel , and when Reb opens his coat and reveals his inner strength , out pops Arlene.

Arlene gave Eric , absolutely and nothing less than GODLIKE POWER.
Eric knows that his words will never mean shit to anyone , that didn't matter.
Words are just words. So what? Arlene gave Eric powers of which , he could only dream of.

He could push her muzzle onto someones face , tell them that they are going to die.
Eric and Arlene had the power to make people defecate themselves , and without a single word having been said.

Eric could see the fear in people eyes , the petrified fear of dying , by Eric's own hand.
He could smell the fear , and even taste it. 

A massive shot of morphine would never match the high of holding Arlene , pulling her trigger , feeling the awesome recoil , the sweet smell of molten gunpowder.

The feeling of GODLIKE power was , nothing less than GODLIKE power , because Eric could take away life , destroy it in his own way , in his own time.

He could witness death in real time , no longer a fantasy , a day dream , a distant hope.
Arlene brought Eric's dreams to life , and wow ! ERIC FUCKING LOVED IT!

LOVED the thrill of killing.

LOVED the sight of killing.

LOVED the feeling of killing.

LOVED....ERIC FUCKING LOVED KILLING! ! !
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:38 pm

gustopoet wrote:
[ " Hold it with one arm if you can , get up real....[ I'm not sure what Eric's last word was.]

Eric said: "One arm it if you can. Get a real strong grip..."

If you listen close, the tone of Eric's voice is challenging and derisive, like a jealous boyfriend. Like he's watching someone else dance with his girl: "You have to treat her right, man, she's too much woman for you."

Of course, as you pointed out, the opposite is true. Mark is the "alpha male" here and it makes Eric testy.
I see what you mean , Mark was kind of rough handling Arlene , i don't think Eric ever loaded her one handed.
Also , Mark wonders off into the woods with Arlene , without even asking for Eric's permission. 
I get the hands in the sleeves thing , Eric looked like he was sulking !
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 am

(12:00) Mark looks at the sharp edges on Arlene's handle. Mark gives Eric some advice.

MM : " You should try to round that out".

EH : " Yeah , i'm gonna work on that."

Mark fires another round.

[ Notice how close Mark's face is to the SG handle.]

The massive recoil attempts to overcome the resistance created by Mark's hands.
Without a conscience thought or effort , Mark instinctively moves his head away from the SG.

He manages to avoid an unwelcome kiss from Arlene , and as Eric knows himself , a kiss from Arlene could send any man dizzy , weak at the knees , and totally spaced out.

Mark attempts reloads Arlene with one hand , but this time Mark can't quite manage it.
Mark tries again and manages to reload Arlene.

Mark walks away with Arlene , and , as he walks , Mark blows into Arlene's shell slot and blows the smoke out.
The smoke can be seen , as it leaves the muzzle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:43 pm

I never noticed Dylan giving a thumb's-up or Eric getting hit by his own shell-casing. I also never noticed the little tug-of-war between Eric and Dylan over the bowling pin.

This frame by frame analysis is awesome.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:50 pm

(12:14) Phil has Eric's SG and aims for a BP.

Phil misses the BP , firing too high by at least four feet.

PD : " Damn."

DK : " You gotta aim way low because it kicks."

Phil takes two more shots. With a cigarette in his mouth.

[ These images of Arlene are some of the best , most clearest and close up pictures in the whole movie.]

DK : " Aim low."

Phil shoots , and replies : PD : " I was aiming low."

(12:27) Dylan is ready to take a shot with his SG.

[ Notice Dylan's body posture - his legs are spread for stability - He looks quite apprehensive.]

[ During Dylan's earlier shooting scenes , he is confident and quite sure of himself.]

[ The firearms didn't intimidate Dylan , he was in full control of his firearms.]

[ NOTICE THE CHANGE IN DYLAN - HE IS NERVOUS - INTIMIDATED - ANXIOUS - WARY.]

[12 Minutes and 27 seconds into the movie , Dylan has fired plenty of rounds with his SG.]

[ In the following shot , There is something making Dylan feel this way about this particular shot.]

[ Has Dylan loaded a different shell ? , it was a very powerful round. Two muzzle flashes with one shot. ]

DK : " Err...Alright." [ With obvious apprehension.]

This is the first muzzle flash.
                     Frame 1.                                                                 Frame 2.

Here is the second muzzle flash.

[ This single SG blast is the most powerful we have seen fired by Dylan. ]

Frame 3.                                                      Frame 4.

Dylan starts feeling the awesome recoil........

.........Not only throughout his upper body , but.......

.....Throughout his whole body.

[Dylan is rocked by the awesome recoil. Many of his previous shots have been powerful , not as powerful as this one.]

[Dylan manages to stay on his feet , and manages to keep his balance.....as he stumbles backwards....]

[ .....and out of camera range.]

Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:20 pm

gustopoet wrote:
I never noticed Dylan giving a thumb's-up or Eric getting hit by his own shell-casing. I also never noticed the little tug-of-war between Eric and Dylan over the bowling pin.  

This frame by frame analysis is awesome.  
Thank you , it isn't word for word perfect , i do have difficulty with the dialogue at times.
When i first started watching RR , to get a feel of the movie , i didn't see the thumbs up , shell casing in the face or the tussle. I noticed Dylan's thumb as i was attempting to capture Dylan's way of handling the recoil.

The shell casing in the face was captured accidentally too , as i was trying to capture Eric's way of handling the recoil, and the awesome muzzle blast.

The tiny tussle was accidental also. I noticed it as i was trying to capture clear images of the BP damage.

Although RR runs for only 16 minutes , i have found out that there is a hell of a lot of interesting things to see , and many of these things can be easily missed , especially when viewed at normal speed. I have only 3 and half minutes to cover , there is still lots more too see !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks rik75 for your hard work and analysis here. It's definitely putting this short video in a new light!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:14 pm

rik75 wrote:

Although RR runs for only 16 minutes , i have found out that there is a hell of a lot of interesting things to see , and many of these things can be easily missed , especially when viewed at normal speed. I have only 3 and half minutes to cover , there is still lots more too see !

I've watched it at least 10 times and I still see and hear new things.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:54 pm

(12:33) Jessica loads the pistol. She is wearing ear protection.

[ BEHIND JESSICA , THERE IS A TRENCH COAT HANGING UP ON THE TREE. TWO TREE STUMPS LOOK LIKE A PAIR OF LEGS. IT LOOKS LIKE A HOODED GHOUL , WITH NO ARMS , SILENTLY and EERILY WATCHING JESSICA.]

< CREEPY >

[ The following dialogue may not be 100% accurate. The camera starts and stops during conversation]

DK : " You have the ear muffs and everything."

PD : " Hey man , you guys are going to copy this one..."

JM : " Already got one." [ Points to BP.]

PD : " Fuck , i ain't even gonna try , i'm just gonna follow orders."

[Jessica fires six rounds.]

DK : " Arrgghh." [ Dylan grabs his coat off the tree.]

DK : " Reb."

PD : Says to JM : "It's empty." [ Referring to the pistol.]

EH : " What?"

PD : ".....Like fuck man , here comes Phil."

Phil fires four shots and misses the BP.

MM : " Did you win?"

Dylan fires a shot using the pistol and........

....Passes it to Eric.

PD : " Its double action ! So its still loaded!"

MM : "That's not what double action means ,Phil."

PD : " Err..i mean , not fucking , ah.."

Eric fires one round and looks down at the gun.

Eric looks unimpressed with the pistol.

Eric fires once more.

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm

rik75 wrote:
EH is squatting as he shoots using his carbine.
                   I can imagine Eric in this position , shooting at Neil Gardener .

It's interesting you mention that rik as i think this has been something that has been previously noted, i'm not sure if it was on this forum or SBB. But i remember a discussion about how this is likely the position Eric assumed when firing at Deputy Gardner. Gardener describes Eric as been in a "crouched" or "crouched down" position several times when he exchanged fire with him. pg(11216) pg(11233) Likewise I imagine this was also the position he assumed in the library when talking to Bree Pasquale, she describes him as ""squatting" balancing on the balls of his feet." pg(530)

rik75 wrote:
Thank you , it isn't word for word perfect , i do have difficulty with the dialogue at times.
When i first started watching RR , to get a feel of the movie , i didn't see the thumbs up , shell casing in the face or the tussle. I noticed Dylan's thumb as i was attempting to capture Dylan's way of handling the recoil.

The shell casing in the face was captured accidentally too , as i was trying to capture Eric's way of handling the recoil, and the awesome muzzle blast.

The tiny tussle was accidental also. I noticed it as i was trying to capture clear images of the BP damage.

I think this frame by frame analysis gives us a great deal to consider in terms of body language and what is said during this tape. I feel like I've seen this video so many times and it's great to read others interpretations of the actions and events in this tape, some of which i had never even considered before. I always find it interesting how we can all watch the exact same piece of footage yet interpret what we are seeing differently.

From my perspective I re-watched the "thumbs up" section of the tape at 10:25, but to me it looks like Dylan's hand just happens to have fallen into that position after he fired his weapon as opposed to him giving his shot a thumbs up. This particular camera shot seems to be taken from a small clip of footage and i don't hear any reaction to signify whether or not Dylan made a particularly impressive shot. I'll have to give it another watch but i'm not sure if feel like Dylan is giving his shot a thumbs up reaction.
I had never noticed Eric's shell practically hitting him in the face before at around the 10:36 mark, he doesn't appear to acknowledge this and neither does anyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
From my perspective I re-watched the "thumbs up" section of the tape at 10:25, but to me it looks like Dylan's hand just happens to have fallen into that position after he fired his weapon as opposed to him giving his shot a thumbs up. This particular camera shot seems to be taken from a small clip of footage and i don't hear any reaction to signify whether or not Dylan made a particularly impressive shot. I'll have to give it another watch but i'm not sure if feel like Dylan is giving his shot a thumbs up reaction.
I had never noticed Eric's shell practically hitting him in the face before at around the 10:36 mark, he doesn't appear to acknowledge this and neither does anyone else.

I'm in agreement with you on this!  While Dylan may be reckless on the reloading of his weapon with himself and around other people, he appears cautious, slow and deliberately mindful with his body language while firing the SG - much more than Eric who is just an eager beaver to fire whatever he can get his hot little hands on.  A shell even hits Eric's face at one point but he just keeps on bangin' away.  In this particular instance with Dylan, he tries to move his upper body and arms in tandem with the motion of the powerful SG to buffer it's tremendous kick. And after it fires, he (almost gracefully) arcs his his arms up rhythmically.  When he finishes the shot, it looks as though the way his hand is positioned that he is giving a thumbs up but it looks clearly to me that it is merely just part of the position in the way he's holding the weapon.  

There's another moment where Dylan is shooting Arlene and as Rik pointed out, it's a bit obvious Dylan is a bit intimidated, so he tries out a wide spread leg stance to absorb the kick.  Instead, Dylan gets taken along for a ride with Eric's weapon and finds himself falling backwards really fast.  He's really trying to figure out the physics of firing and absorbing it.  Even advising PD "aim low because of the kick."  I can only imagine what went through Dylan's mind the moment Eric declared sheepishly that 'I hit myself" with Arlene. Oopsy!  I think someone said Dylan goes "well, why'd you do that?"  I can only imagine what a stupid sounding exchange that was!   Laughing Anyway, enough of my digressing - but yeah, to me this appears clearly to be Dylan's hand position upon completing a shot and not a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:15 am

rik75 wrote:

DK : " Arrgghh." [ Dylan grabs his coat off the tree.]

I've always thought that it's Eric's coat)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 am

I think it makes sense that Dylan was intimidated by the sheer force and tremendous recoil of the shotgun. He didn't like to fire it and rarely used it during the attack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm

He was firing both barrels at once. That's why it kicked so hard.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:24 pm

gustopoet wrote:
Right , that explains the two muzzle flashes and the kick , thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

rik75 wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
Right , that explains the two muzzle flashes and the kick , thanks.

Also why Dylan looked a bit apprehensive. He's like "Okayyyy..." BLAM!
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
rik75 wrote:
EH is squatting as he shoots using his carbine.
                   I can imagine Eric in this position , shooting at Neil Gardener .

It's interesting you mention that rik as i think this has been something that has been previously noted, i'm not sure if it was on this forum or SBB. But i remember a discussion about how this is likely the position Eric assumed when firing at Deputy Gardner. Gardener describes Eric as been in a "crouched" or "crouched down" position several times when he exchanged fire with him. pg(11216) pg(11233) Likewise I imagine this was also the position he assumed in the library when talking to Bree Pasquale, she describes him as ""squatting" balancing on the balls of his feet." pg(530)

rik75 wrote:

I think this frame by frame analysis gives us a great deal to consider in terms of body language and what is said during this tape. I feel like I've seen this video so many times and it's great to read others interpretations of the actions and events in this tape, some of which i had never even considered before. I always find it interesting how we can all watch the exact same piece of footage yet interpret what we are seeing differently.

The first time i saw RR and saw Eric squatting down and firing his carbine , the Neil Gardner " shootout " came to mind , simply because Eric was shooting from a low position and was squatting / crouching.

I think Dylan was giving a thumbs up sign , Dylan fires a shot , he is holding the barrel with his right hand , takes his right hand away from the SG and holds up the SG with his left hand and raises the thumb of his right hand , and holds it still for a moment .That is what i see. I have to admit , Dylan's thumb wasn't fully raised.

Eric knew a shell was about to hit him in the face , he winces and jerks his head and tries to avoid it , but he doesn't react quickly enough. If you watch that sequence , Eric is firing and reloading from the hip.
The reason why Eric's face came into contact with a shell , was because he reloaded the SG quite close to his face.
Nobody else reacted either because , they may not have seen it , they were too busy focused on the targets.
Bear in mind , these people did not react , in any way what so ever , when Dylan turned the SG on himself ,no one said a single word. Eric looked over with a blank expression on his face. If i witnessed that i would have said something.
Its not everyday that a friend loads a SG and points it at himself. 

There is so much we can learn about Eric and Dylan , and a hell of a lot can be learnt from watching RR.
If RR had never been released to the public , we would all be talking about it for the next 20 years , without a doubt.
Every time i watch it , i see something new and i feel like i am learning more about Eric and Dylan , especially their violent and suicidal tendencies.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:56 pm

If  "Rampart Range" had been locked away from the public eye , as other material has been , myself and a hell of a lot of other people would be asking questions , like these.

QUESTIONS ABOUT ERIC HARRIS.

I wonder how Eric looked firing his Shotgun?
I wonder how Eric looked firing his Carbine?
Did Eric practice firing his SG with one hand?
How accurate was Eric's SG?
How accurate was Eric's SG after he chopped it?
Could Eric handle the SG recoil ?
Was Eric a good marksmen?
What was Eric using as targets?
Was Eric's SG in good condition?
How fast could Eric rack a round and shoot a round?
Did Eric ever blow away the muzzle smoke?
How did Eric handle Arlene?
Did Eric hold Arlene in a vertical position? Near his mouth and blow smoke away?
How did Eric react when he hit a target?
There was a lot of " WOO HOO " said during the killings , did Eric act like that ,as he hit targets?
If Eric hit a target at quite a distance and was proud of his shot , how did he react? 
Did Eric look confident shooting his firearms?
I wonder what clothes Eric was wearing?
I wonder if he wore his ball cap ?
I wonder if he wore his trench coat?
Did Eric bring along any fireworks?
Did Eric bring along any pipe bombs?
What did Eric talk about that day?
What did Eric say in between shots?
Was Eric happy that day?
What kind of a mood was Eric in that day?

Those are just a few questions that would have been asked for over 20 years ,had RR been locked away from the public eye. ALL THOSE QUESTIONS and much more , HAVE BEEN ANSWERED IN RR the movie !
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:28 pm

QUESTIONS ABOUT DYLAN KLEBOLD.

I wonder how Dylan looked firing his SG.
I wonder how Dylan looked firing his T9.
Dylan's SG only held two shells ,how long did it take for him to reload?
How accurate was Dylan's SG after he chopped it?
Could Dylan handle the SG recoil?
Was Dylan a good marksmen?
What did Dylan use as targets?
Did Dylan blow away the SG's muzzle smoke?
How did Dylan react when he hit a target?
During the massacre Dylan said " WOO HOO" , Did he react in this way , as he hit the targets?
Did Dylan look confident with his firearms?
What was Dylan wearing?
Did Dylan wear a ball cap?
Did Dylan wear a trench coat?
Did Dylan bring any fireworks?
Did Dylan bring any pipe bombs?
What did Dylan talk about that day?
What did Dylan say in between shots?
Was Dylan happy that day ?
What kind of a mood was Dylan in that day?
How accurate was Dylan when firing his T9?
Did Dylan practice fast firing with his T9?
How accurate was Dylan when rapid firing his T9?

All those questions are answered in the movie !
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96939

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:20 am

Hey, rik75! that's a tremendous job you've been doing. It is fascinating to look at Rampage Range in detail. There's so much to catch once you take scenes one by one. We actually see how they handled arms and a lot of the dynamic between each other as well. Unless I'm forgetting something, it's really the only video we have where we see them being themselves and talk between themselves, not ''in character'' as in their other productions.

Now, my hope is that one day, you get to do the same for the Basement Tapes you're doing now for RR!

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 pm

JayJay wrote:
Now, my hope is that one day, you get to do the same for the Basement Tapes you're doing now for RR!

Now that would be fascinating  Smile 
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:42 pm

(13:39) Eric and Dylan show us their " battle wounds."

[They both have cuts between thumb and index fingers.]

[ When you saw off a gun at both ends , naturally you will be left with rough and sharp edges. E & D didn't bother smoothing out those rough edges , with a file or grinder. That probably wasn't on their long list of priorities regarding NBK.]

PD " .....With guns."

Dylan points to the camera and warns us :

DK : " Don't play with cut off Shotguns !"                              Eric shows us his cuts.

[Dylan's cuts are on his left hand and Eric's cuts are on his right hand.]

[ Dylan and Eric both appear to be quite amused about their " battle wounds."]

[Phil highlights the dangers of illegally sawing off a SG.]

PD : " Guns are bad , when you saw them off and make them illegal , bad things happen to you !"

DK : " Yeah."

Dylan's wounds.                                                Eric's wounds.

[ Notice Dylan's hand , his fingers are quite long and slender. Kind of like Pianist fingers.]

[ Eric's fingers are slender too. Not quite as long as Dylan's.]

Eric lowers his head and smiles at the camera.

Eric has a dimple on his chin. [ Baby faced killer.]

PD : " Just say no to sawed offs !"

Eric takes Phil's advice and jokingly reprimands Arlene.

[ Dylan is holding Arlene.]

[ Notice how small Arlene looks in Dylan's hands.]

Eric appears , grabbing hold of Arlene with his left hand.

[ Notice Eric's left hand , it is tightly wrapped around Arlene's barrel.]

[ Although Eric is dead , his body language speaks volumes.]

[ Around Arlene , Eric's acts quite possessive and controlling.]

[ Eric wants Arlene to himself.]

[Eric playfully slaps Arlene.]  
                                                           Slaps her once.

Slaps her twice.

Eric reprimands Arlene : " Baaaaaad!"

Slaps her three times.

Dylan also reprimands Arlene.

DK : " No.......

.......No !

.........No !"

Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:19 pm

(13:54) We have a very short clip. Almost one second of film. The camera started filming , and then stopped filming quite abruptly. 

Jessica's hair looks quite golden in the sunlight.

(13:55) Jessica takes a shot with Arlene , she was warned about the kick.

BANG ! FIREBALL OF FURY ! !

Jessica begins to feel the AWESOME recoil.

The trigger end begins to fall , and the muzzle end begins to rise.

Jessica rested the SG on her left arm , for stability.

Arlene came incredibly close to Jessica's face. 

JM: " Holy shit !"

Everyone has a laugh.
PD : WOO ! HAAA !

michey23 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 pm

(14:06) Mark fires two shots with his rifle , aiming at BP's , Mark hits them both.

[ A moment before Mark fires his first shot , Eric says : " Shot in the head."]

[ Eric throws something into the woods , probably threw it at the BP]

Mark is very pleased with himself and says : " Yeah !"

DK : " Two in a row."

MM : " Right up its ass."

Marks fires at the BP's laying on their side , to the left of the tree.

EH : " Another high one."

EH : " Whoa ! That got it!"

PD : " What you shooting at man?"

EH : " Shot the center one , right up the butt."

Phil uses the rifle and aims for the BP's.

Phil fires three rounds and misses the BP's , turns around and asks :

PD : " Was i shooting high ?"

EH : " A little bit."

DK : " A little bit and little to the....left."

Phil fires two more rounds , and misses the BP's.

Phil fires three more rounds and hits a BP with each shot.

[Phil holds up his BP's with much pride.]

PD : " Stuff these and hang em on my wall  man , right above my fireplace."

PD : " That thing ripped that mother fucker up , dude."

[ Eric is filming. / Dylan's hand right hand suddenly appears.]

[ Reaching for the BP.]

[ Curiosity drives Dylan's right hand.] 

[ Because Dylan wants to feel the bullet damage , touch it and fiddle with it with his fingers.]

PD : " Damn ! Yo Mark ! Look!"

[ Phil goes over to show Mark his BP.]

[ Eric is filming , when Phil walked away , Dylan quickly asks Eric to look at the tree.]

DK : " Reb ! You see all the SG pellet holes?"

[ Reb turns around and begins to film the tree ] 

Reb : " This is what a slug does."

Reb : " 9 MM."                                                   " SLUG."

" 9 MM."                                                    " SLUG."

DK : " Oh this is a Shot....i think this is a SG here too."

Reb : " Where?"

DK : " Right here."

[ Reb laughs.]

DK : " Goddammit!"

Reb : " What about those down there?"

DK : " Where?"

Reb : " That's form the SK , or the...                            DK : "... Desert?"

[ Dylan probes the " wound " with his sun glasses.]

Reb : " I don't know what that's from."

DK : " I think its from the...." [ Camera stops filming.]

Reb : " This is a normal tree that was wasted"

MM : " Hey Reb ! Rebel."

Reb : " Hold on."

Reb : " Good tree."                                              " Bad."

[ REBEL laughs.]
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

JayJay wrote:
Hey, rik75! that's a tremendous job you've been doing. It is fascinating to look at Rampage Range in detail. There's so much to catch once you take scenes one by one. We actually see how they handled arms and a lot of the dynamic between each other as well. Unless I'm forgetting something, it's really the only video we have where we see them being themselves and talk between themselves, not ''in character'' as in their other productions.

Thank you JayJay ! I appreciate it. We can learn so much about Eric and Dylan in RR.
As you said , we can see E/D being themselves , handling their firearms. I believe RR doesn't get the recognition and attention it deserves ( not because it is a great piece of motion pictures ) , for several reasons. Some people ( a good friend of mine , i am trying to get her interested in NBK  ),  are not interested in the movie and say , " RR is a short movie about E/D target practicing in the woods , just shooting at BP's and trees , yeah so what ?" We can look more deeply than that. 

When i watch RR and work on this thread , taking lots of still pics , looking at scenes frame by frame , i can easily put myself , my eyes and ears , into CHS on 20/4/99 during NBK. I would have never been able to do that without RR. Without RR i would never have been able to see Eric and Dylan standing side by side , wearing their trench coats and being armed to the teeth with weapons that are powerful as hell , firing the weapons , THE weapons , the weapons they both used to kill so many people.

On page 3 of this thread , i outlined many questions of which , would have been asked for several decades  if RR had been banned from public view by the authorities. Those questions are answered in the movie. Not only do we see E/D firing their murder weapons , we can also witness their violent and suicidal tendencies. NBK was merely six weeks away and we can clearly see E/D honing their shooting skills as they prepare for " their life's work and judgement day."

We can see Eric and Dylan's " normal side." As far as Mark , Phil and Jessica are concerned , E/D are exactly that , " normal " , just normal kids having fun by shooting a few rounds. MM/PD/JM never knew exactly what kind of boys accompanied them at Rampart Range that day. They never knew they were spending the day with two incredibly dangerous mass murderers , of which will live in infamy for all of time.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:03 am

(15:45) Reb is filming the bullet damaged tree and zooms in for a closer look.

PD : " ....Right way , gotta chop em down with a gun."

Reb : " Yeah."

DK : " Laughs."

PD : " Fucking shot it with Marks .45 once dude , Fucking thing fell over."

[ Phil shows us the tree he " chopped down with a gun." ]

Shotgun shells litter the area. Reb films the others as they pick up the spent shell casings.

Reb : " Just a few Shotgun shells."

(16:05) Jessica is firing Marks rifle , aiming for two BP's.

Misses the first shot of three.

MM : " Left." 

Jessica misses all three shots.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 am

rik75 wrote:

[ When you saw off a gun at both ends , naturally you will be left with rough and sharp edges. E & D didn't bother smoothing out those rough edges , with a file or grinder. That probably wasn't on their long list of priorities regarding NBK.]

PD " .....With guns."

DK : " Don't play with cut off Shotguns !"                              Eric shows us his cuts.

PD : " Guns are bad , when you saw them off and make them illegal , bad things happen to you !"

[ Notice Dylan's hand , his fingers are quite long and slender. Kind of like Pianist fingers.]

Slaps her once.

Slaps her twice.

Slaps her three times.

.......No !

.........No !"

Can I just ask why the size of their fingers matter?
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 am

Ivan wrote:
rik75 wrote:

PD " .....With guns."

Slaps her once.

Slaps her twice.

Slaps her three times.

.......No !

.........No !"

Can I just ask why the size of their fingers matter?
When i noticed the size of Dylan's fingers , i was thinking about Dylan firing his Shotgun.
Dylan's Shotgun had two triggers , one for each barrel. Long slender fingers are ideal for pulling both triggers at the same time. I didn't mention that in the thread , i intending on doing so , but i simply forgot , and stated Dylan had , " pianist fingers." Comparing both Eric and Dylan's finger size was merely an observation of mine.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

So , after 400+ pictures / A couple of hundred words / A couple of dozen hours.

We have reached the end of " RAMPART RANGE."
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:20 pm

rik75 wrote:

cheers You have done a great job on this thread.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 am

queenfarooq wrote:
rik75 wrote:

cheers You have done a great job on this thread.
Thank you , i appreciate it ! I really enjoyed analyzing Eric and Dylan's behavior. I have learnt a great deal about them both too. All of which could only have be done with RR. Without RR , i could never have been able to witness E/D , wearing their trench coats AND firing their murder weapons. Yes , i have gained a massive insight into their behavior. 
I also hope this thread has helped other's and aided them in gaining a better insight into Eric and Dylan's behavior , especially regarding their firearms , and their attitudes regarding violence and suicide.
Thank you queenfarooq  Smile
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101631

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:05 am

Thanks for the work, Rik. It was thoroughly interesting and revealed many things I would've normally not spotted. Are you doing Radioactive Clothing next?
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 am

Your welcome JDM87 , yes , Radioactive Clothing is next. I will be starting the thread later on tonight.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101249
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 am

Rik75, that would be awesome and thanks for your work!
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:36 am

em81 wrote:
Rik75, that would be awesome and thanks for your work!
Thank you em81 , i really appreciate it  Smile
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101801

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 5:56 pm

rik75, awesome job and much appreciated. RR has long been my favorite videos for the reasons you mentioned. Seeing E&D fire their weapons, as well as getting to see them interact with each other without being "in character". There were a ton of things I had missed, and I intend to go watch the video now and see if I can catch them at normal speed.
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104587
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 1:15 pm

rik75 wrote:

(03:11) Jessica is ready to take a few shots with Marks rifle.
                                 She appears to be inexperienced with firearms.
                                         Mark gives her some advice :

MM : " Yeah wait , you really got to get into the bottom of this little trigger."

JM : " This finger ?"

Jessica fires 2 rounds.
Marks gun is a ruger mini 30
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:24 pm

rik75 wrote:
(03:21) Eric starts messing around ,ducking quickly and raising his arms. He appears to be attempting to distract Jessica.

I am not sure what to make of it. Jessica is clearly inexperienced with firearms , and we see Eric messing around on purpose. Was Eric merely playing around for the camera ? Just goofing around ?

I find it quite a dangerous way to act , especially when an inexperienced shooter is being fooled around with.

I wonder what Eric was playing at ? Why attempt to distract Jessica ? Eric didn't fool around when others were shooting. Some inexperienced shooters would have turned around to face Eric , with the gun facing Eric too.
It makes me wonder ( even more ) about Eric and how his complex mind worked , especially concerning firearms and violence , and his own mortality.

He is not distracting her, he is catching shells. He even said that.
Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

Contribution Points : 82887

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Thank you so much for this!

(Unser Platz, Prinz Pi, Kompass ohne Norden)

liamsmom2011 likes this post

Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83415

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Nightshiftstalker wrote:
Thank you so much for this!

Yep, I was about to say it was a Mini-14. Good eye!
Back to top Go down
Dico

Contribution Points : 82562

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Hey, new guy here.

Great work with the dialog an stills. Lot's of great things pointed out that I never really put thought into. Ever since I've seen the full RR video, it's been one of the most interesting Columbine video to catch my attention. Mainly because it gives us an idea what it was like in the library that day which is very scary to imagine.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 12:24 am

is it me or when they film the girl, Dylan says in a nervous voice "look at her with her muffs and everything" followed by a laugh by Eric. muffs being a slang word for the hearing protection she was wearing while firing the gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.    Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rampart Range. Footage ,dialogue and stills.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next