Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbiner by Lynne Davidson

Go down 
+2
Babydoll
AbbyLayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AbbyLayne

AbbyLayne

Contribution Points : 41215
Forum Reputation : 193

Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Empty
PostSubject: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Hey everyone!

I just wonder if anyone has ever heard about Lynne Davidson before? I just randomly stumbled over her Instagram where she'd announced she was writing a book about Columbine! "Columbiner: An Alternative Examination of the Columbine Massacre"! Apparently she's been working on it for years and it'll be finally out in 2020. She's not a big fan of Dave Cullen's work and seems to have a soft spot for Eric. (No, she's not Lynn Ann!  Laughing )

Here some screenshots I took from her Instagram!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone know of her? I don't really know what to make of her...

beyond a cold sanctuary, of fire and of ice
deep in the bedrock, already here i come”

Heresy
Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

Contribution Points : 40117
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 9:43 pm

I think I saw her posting on Columbine sub Reddit, announcing her upcoming book, I think is the same girl. And she presented what the Index/Contents of the book would be like. And I mean...I also have a soft spot for Eric, I really want to know more about his whole persona, and I think it's so wrong to soften Dylan but vilify Eric instead, when both of them did what they did, but that doesn't mean we should make a poor boy out of Eric either. It's nice she wants to change that general mindset regarding Columbine, but having checked the contents...I hope she doesn't try to make excuses for him. ( Also having Columbiner as your name is rather unfortunate too lol).
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 12:22 am

Hmmm... probably going to give this one a pass unless others have some positive things to say about it.

Her sentence about knowing immediately that they were bullied and identifying with them instantly suggests that there may be a healthy dose of personal bias in her conclusions, as well as lots of "I can relate because such as such happened to me."
Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe it will be good...
Back to top Go down
AbbyLayne

AbbyLayne

Contribution Points : 41215
Forum Reputation : 193

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 4:29 am

Babydoll wrote:
I think I saw her posting on Columbine sub Reddit, announcing her upcoming book, I think is the same girl. And she presented what the Index/Contents of the book would be like. And I mean...I also have a soft spot for Eric, I really want to know more about his whole persona, and I think it's so wrong to soften Dylan but vilify Eric instead, when both of them did what they did, but that doesn't mean we should make a poor boy out of Eric either. It's nice she wants to change that general mindset regarding Columbine, but having checked the contents...I hope she doesn't try to make excuses for him. ( Also having Columbiner as your name is rather unfortunate too lol).

I think I know the reddit user you're talking about. I've seen their posts before but didn't really make the connection. I actually think they and Lynne Davidson are different people. Some internet stalking revealed the reddit user, if we are talking about the same person (AutistInPink), is a Christian Pro-Lifer diagnosed with autism living in Småland, Sweden and is arguing that Eric might have suffered from complex PTSD. Apparently they themselves have dealt with some kind of childhood trauma/abuse and are suffering from PTSD. While I'm interested in their argument and learning more about complex PTSD... I just hope it's not another "definitive diagnosis" or someone trying to project their own feelings. Sigh...

Lynne Davidson, on the other hand, is a Scottish baker, Instagram blogger (she owns some really nice shoes and handbags, I'm jealous Laughing ) and baking-shop owner. Yeah, she seems to sympathize quite a bit with Eric, maybe a bit too much. Telling us that she was bullied as a kid and just "knew" E&D were bullied as well... that's worrying. And the title is really rather unfortunate. Laughing

thelmar wrote:
Hmmm... probably going to give this one a pass unless others have some positive things to say about it.

Her sentence about knowing immediately that they were bullied and identifying with them instantly suggests that there may be a healthy dose of personal bias in her conclusions, as well as lots of "I can relate because such as such happened to me."

Maybe a bit harsh but I was kinda thinking along the same lines. I'm probably still gonna read it... mostly out of curiosity.

So... seems like we might have not only one but two books with some "Eric-bias" in the making. Darn... Laughing

beyond a cold sanctuary, of fire and of ice
deep in the bedrock, already here i come”

Heresy
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 5:05 pm

thelmar wrote:

\

This. The little excerpts shared here look more like something I'd see off of a blog post instead of something written by a professional. And that aside frankly I have to question how much someone can really identify with Eric if they seek to negate all the edgy rants he went off on.

Babydoll

Babydoll

Contribution Points : 40117
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 10:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I had no idea they were 2 different persons and yes the user it's indeed AutistInPink. Seems like Eric is getting all the attention lately, but I don't know if for a good reason...

And I agree it may be interesting, but definitely it won't be the "ultimate diagnosis". Both of them are pretty dead, which means no one, not even experts can diagnose them anymore, and all we can do is speculate and/or diagnose them with what we think fits best for them but that's it.

As for the other girl Lynne Davidson, I also checked her insta and I agree with QuestionMark that it looks like something posted off of a blog, but I will still read it like you said out of curiosity, but to be honest with you...having read the excerpts, and I know some disagree, when one of their arguments it's that Reb was a character and from there they start to speculate...well, let's just say most of times they tend to sound or end up acting excuse making ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

Contribution Points : 45344
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
thelmar wrote:

\

This. The little excerpts shared here look more like something I'd see off of a blog post instead of something written by a professional. And that aside frankly I have to question how much someone can really identify with Eric if they seek to negate all the edgy rants he went off on.

Agree with you both. As much as I'd love to see more interesting takes on Columbine, I have reservations about this being one of them. Similar feelings about the Reddit user mentioned here. Looked there poss up after seeing them mentioned, and I don't know what to make of that, either. I wonder where the idea Eric had complex PTSD came from, in terms of real evidence that he experienced it. Unfortunately, I'm getting the impression both authors are basing their work on their personal biases/sense of connection to Eric rather than creating viable theory from available evidence. This business of post-mortem diagnosis isn't viable beyond very loose speculating - fine for a forum post but not really outside that.
Back to top Go down
Satanicfreak666

Satanicfreak666

Contribution Points : 34470
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 9:44 pm

really want to read this book when it comes out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbiner by Lynne Davidson   Columbiner by Lynne Davidson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbiner by Lynne Davidson
Page 1 of 1