Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

can basement tapes be in deep web?

Go down 
+6
Sabratha
Reznor
HanShotFirst
Carnifex879
REBELVODKA
Akknowslife
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Akknowslife

Akknowslife

Contribution Points : 45226
Forum Reputation : 25

can basement tapes be in deep web? Empty
PostSubject: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Yesterday I was watching a video about deep web and dark net. Tbh, what i learned from that video made me have chills, even though I study true crime and seen lots of things. It's a very eerie place. Anyway, it gave me a question about the basement tapes that obviously is not in clear web.
Anyway, so does anyone think that could basement tapes be in deep web or someone could sell it in dark web? Has anyone been in one of these places and looked for basement tapes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 2:01 pm

If the basement tapes were on the deep web, we would already know about them by now and people would be sharing them here.
Back to top Go down
REBELVODKA

REBELVODKA

Contribution Points : 47439
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 3:02 pm

I would like that tapes existed on deep web. We could have a chance someone distribute 'em for watch.

Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68397
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 am

Unfortunately I doubt that. It would be big news if the tapes were ever somehow leaked on the internet. I don’t think anyone except for law enforcement and the victim’s families were ever able to see them.

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 12:03 am

Probably not, I don't see a disgruntled FBI agent or whomever leaking them. Whether they're destroyed or not as Jefferson County suggests, they've done a solid job convincing people of their inaccessible release.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64487
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 12:59 am

Time to put on the diving suit and explore the depths of the deep web! If you feel me tugging at the internet cord reel me back up boys.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41296
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 5:22 am

Carnifex879 wrote:
Unfortunately I doubt that. It would be big news if the tapes were ever somehow leaked on the internet. I don’t think anyone except for law enforcement and the victim’s families were ever able to see them.

I think some people from the press were also able to watch them. But I'm fairly certain that Randy Brown either had or still has at least part of them.
In the Brown interview with FHM in 2004, the author writes "As if more evidence were needed, he [Randy] puts on a video Eric and Dylan made some months before the massacre. It shows them, faces contorted with anger, cursing the bullies who had tormented them and the teachers who allowed it to happen. "More rage, more rage! Keep building it on!" Spits Eric, eyes burning through the television screen. "You've been giving us shit for years, I'm going to kill you all!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's possible that the author of the article lied about this and just inserted text from the basement tape transcripts to try to make for a better article, but I believe that Randy actually showed them this video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:14 am

I'm positive they've been destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97740
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 10:06 am

The basement tapes were made at a time when AOL was cool. Nuff said.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68397
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm

The originals were definitely destroyed, but the FBI has copies of the tapes (I believe) and if that news story is true, then other people related to Columbine like Brooks Brown have copies too. I don't believe the deep web was as expansive back then as it is now, considering it was 1999, so I doubt it was ever posted there. The only way I could see it being released is if some federal agent decides to leak it on the internet like one officer did with the photo of Asa Coon's dead body. That is unlikely to happen though.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151293
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 6:58 pm

I have been told that Randy Brown does not have them.

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 pm

I'm going to say no. They've probably been destroyed and if there are copies they are probably VHS and locked up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
dreadpirateroberts2020

Contribution Points : 41555

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Whether Randy has the Tapes is an open question.

A better question is whether Darrell Scott has the full audio recordings of the Tapes.

As we know, Scott played a thirty second audio clip at a press conference on December 20, 1999.

This is the famous "What Would I Do?" segment.

Text of Audio Clip

Eric: "The two girls sitting next to you probably want you to shut the fuck up too."

Dylan: "Jesus, you're on a roll."

Eric: "Rachel and Jen and whatever the fuck the girl..."

Dylan: "I don't like you, you fucking ungrateful shit. You're stuck up little bitches. You're fucking little fucking Christian godly little whores."

Eric: "Yeah 'I love Jesus', shut the fuck up."

Dylan: "What would Jesus do? What would I do?"

Eric: "I would shoot you in your little pussy head! Go Romans! Thank God they fucking crucified that asshole."

Scott recorded this clip at the December 12, 1999 screening held for family members of victims. So, unless he had already previously seen the Tapes or had a heads up that "Rachel" would be mentioned, then it only stands to reason that Scott recorded the Tapes in their entirety.

So, does Scott have the Tapes?

"When have I lied? When have I cheated or stolen from anyone here? When have I treated anyone unfairly? When have I lead you astray?

Why do you turn on me now when I have poured my heart and soul into this community and project?

...Do you think this site built itself? Do you think it runs itself?...Do you have any idea the risk the people operating this site are taking?

Do you have any clue what we've been through to get here today?

Whether you like it or not, I am the captain of this ship, if you don’t like the rules of the game, or you don’t trust your captain, you can get off the boat.”

-Dread Pirate Roberts
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97740
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:11 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Somehow, I think if he had them we would already hear Brooks or someone else brag about it.

Can he have some illegal audio that families recorded during the screening? Maybe, that's where Scotts got theirs. But actual video? Heck no.

Rancid43 wrote:
So, does Scott have the Tapes?
He does have more audio than he presented. How much more and if its the whole thing? I dunno, I doubt it is the whole thing.

My speculation would be that Randy did not anticipate just how much footage they made, so he ran out of tape before they got through the whole footage. These were 90s recorders remember.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
NeedaHaircut

Contribution Points : 48355
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm

It was either from Randy's book or I read it here somewhere. I believe it was stated during the showing of the tapes they could ask to stop and rewind. So maybe that is what Scott did and maybe that's actually the only clip he has. Maybe. Can only speculate.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41296
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Sabratha wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Somehow, I think if he had them we would already hear Brooks or someone else brag about it.

Can he have some illegal audio that families recorded during the screening? Maybe, that's where Scotts got theirs. But actual video? Heck no.

Sororityalpha emailed the author of the article i shared above and they confirmed that what they wrote was true. The article is evidence of "hearing about it".
I imagine one of the conditions of having video would be that he wouldn't be allowed to say he had it. And i imagine he would be harassed to release it if he said outright that he had it. So i can see why he wouldn't want to brag about it.
I think the Browns are capable of having items without releasing them or bragging that they have it. There's definitely photos of Dylan they haven't shared, although that's not quite comparable to the basement tapes. The article is old too. If he was given a copy or had some clips, he could have been ordered to destroy it when the rest of them were destroyed.

Is it confirmed that's how Scott got his? Or could they have allowed him to record it?
Back to top Go down
dreadpirateroberts2020

Contribution Points : 41555

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 4:35 pm

"Sororityalpha emailed the author of the article i shared above and they confirmed that what they wrote was true".

That is interesting.

Hey [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], would you be willing to post a copy of the email here? Or could you please PM me?

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! (I’d PM you but I have yet to reach the post limit to reply to a PM.)
Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

Contribution Points : 40267
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can I also get a copy of the said email via PM please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can basement tapes be in deep web?   can basement tapes be in deep web? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can basement tapes be in deep web?
Page 1 of 1